Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Talking about all the money they're going to make? It's yet another reason for people to talk about their show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Hexel posted:

Shes too old and drunk to play the game anymore. She'll probably try some hamhanded assassination and fail miserably and turn Tommen against her.
I'd still pick Cersei in any fight - or at the very least, Margaery may win, but Cersei will destroy them both.

MizPiz posted:

Click the question mark under his username
I reported the post but I said "GOT throne" instead of "GOT troll" so now I look like an idiot to whoever picks up the report.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Hexel posted:

I couldnt help but notice that Sansa is looking mighty chesty lately. So pumped for her first sex scene :dong:

just hope its not with Ramsey
In any other thread this would be inappropriate but this show zooms in on a girl's vagina for absolutely no other reason than "because it can", so this is actually a valid topic.

Was talking to my wife about it and we both agreed that Sansa and Arya feel off limits, since they began the show under age. I'm going to be really surprised if we see anything from either of them. Going to be even more surprised if it adds anything at all to the plot.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bad things happen to good people and everything is terrible: the series.

Like there's no one left on the show worth rooting for.
Is Sansa not worth rooting for or did she just earn that rape? There's probably 30 people worth rooting for, I don't really see how people keep saying this show is all about bad people.

Chris James 2 posted:

Life: The TV Show :smith:
Yeah just to be clear this show has nothing to do with life and is not a metaphor for anything, it's mostly about dragons and tits, it's not a commentary on capitalism or anything.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

its hard to root for sansa because shes really boring and hasnt done anything cool yet
Bad things happened to her, so as empathetic human beings we're supposed to want her to win. I can't believe two consecutive posts don't know this. Sansa's the good guy, we root for the good guy.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

NomChompsky posted:

I mean, without awkwardly justifying the rape of Sansa, can we all agree that this show is specifically not boring enough to only be about tits and dragons? If it was only about that nobody would have continued watching after five years.
I'll also grant that it's about having one shocking event per season. But really gently caress else happens. I'm kinda over pretending this is even one of the ten best dramas on TV right now. The first two seasons were great but we've done nothing since.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
It's not about one specific act being THE REASON to stop watching, it just builds up over time. Maybe the person is 99% over the show, then a thing happens, that's 100%. Hell I quit watching House of Cards during the middle of an episode, during a dialogue scene, because I just Couldn't Even anymore. It doesn't always have to be "this one action is so reprehensible that I can't continue", these things are cumulative.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Mister Kingdom posted:

I can't recall a show that I liked that went south and I stopped watching it. Hell, I made through Heroes.
It's tough, I'm always like, a little more, a little more. But House of Cards, I just looked it up, I was in episode 305. I just couldn't bother. The other show was Justified. Beyond that, if I'm watching it, I'm watching it. Finished Heroes, still watching Vampire Diaries without Elena, hell I recently decided to start trying to watch The Simpsons again even though it has been objectively terrible longer than it was great. It's hard, but sometimes you gotta pull away.

e: I stopped watching Breaking Bad when they killed off Walter, that was the point of no return for me. I'm kinda proud of this joke, let me have it.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

CelestialScribe posted:

Amazing the number of people in this thread who judge show quality by plot movement. Not, you know, actual standards of quality.
I don't know what this post means, but the default state of my TV is a solid black screen, literally everything else is a thing that is happening. So yes, the plot is a thing you can consider when evaluating a show. If Jane the Virgin had been 1 episode of "whoops, artificially inseminated, I'll get an abortion", and 21 episodes of Gina Rodriguez asking why the camera is still following her, it probably wouldn't be getting the praise its getting.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

My Q-Face posted:

Everybody's getting into it!

Twitter is a pointless wasteland but as tweets go, that's one of the best tweets I've ever seen.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

kloa posted:

I am lmbo at everyone butthurt about this episode

The worst crime this episode committed.
I like how people think that 'butthurt' is in any way effective at minimizing people's dislike of something.

I didn't like this.
lol at you being butthurt
Ahh fair point, I like it now.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

ultramiraculous posted:

You do realize that that was actually only rapey in the show, right? If you read that part in the books after the fact, it's actually jarringly consensual, with Drogo riding her out into the countryside and basically whispering sweet nothings into her ear until they have sex.

Edit: beaten
The old man who reads the audiobook sexied the gently caress out of his voice for Dany's "no, no, no, yes" in that scene.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

BrianWilly posted:

So, yes, I am in fact going to stop watching this show. I don't think your guys' whole "Lol they say they're gonna quit but they'll just be back for more" shtick is really as applicable nowadays as it was back in the prime and glory of season 1, really.
Didn't you know? Things that other people do are things that you do. So since they watch the show, that means you'll keep watching the show in their eyes. That's why all of the "see you next Sunday lol" jokes are so uproariously funny and should never, ever stop. People just know what you're going to watch.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Smoothrich posted:

If you read the books, didn't you already know Ramsey rapes his wife on his wedding night? Did you react the same way to it on the page? What exactly is pissing you off?
If I had to guess, what's pissing him off is that he never once said he was going to stop watching solely because of the rape, so he's probably exasperated by people who can't read.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I just got whiplash.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Things I learned in the final scene: Ramsay is evil, Sansa is a victim, Theon is helpless. Glad they spelled that out for me.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

asap-salafi posted:

Oh really? How was she going to stop Ramsay from loving her without dying? Explain please.
Oh my god what is with the misreading in this freakin thread?

He didn't say she would stop him. The point of her taking a few breaths is to prepare herself for the rape. In JT Jag's version of the story, which is far better than what we actually saw, Sansa has agency, knows exactly what she's getting into and how horrible it's going to be, but is preparing for bigger things down the road. Those bigger things? We're not there yet, who's to say. But she's not hiding a knife in her dress, she's just owning the situation and not a hapless victim.

warcrimes posted:

Well this is a loving stupid post. Rape victims are watching this show? Five seasons in?
I... do they not get to or something? What is happening in your mind?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Why did that girl need to show Bronn her tits? I am terribly confused by this show.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I hope Arya's storyline ramps up a bit, it's starting to drag, and the whole "guy who looks baked out of his loving mind speaking in dumb half-riddles all the time" thing is wearing on me. Bring back Arya + the Hound :(
Yeah to be honest I can't even remember why she's there anymore.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
42 weeks until I have to watch this poo poo again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This actually sums up really well why I was largely indifferent about this season.

I'll say this. Cliffhangers-wise, that was a HELL of a finale. Serious question, do we know if GRRM has left notes of how the series is supposed to go in the event he kicks the bucket? I hate to be morbid but given how slowly the books have come out, well...
That's not morbid, he will die before he finishes the books, or at the very least, he will die before anything of note happens.

• Locked thread