Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I understand this may be way too soon to ask this question, but will experience gained during SEA carry over after release? It sounds lame of me, but I'd probably hold off until release if the answer is 'no', I don't want to grind twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

Then don't grind, just play the game :v: I don't understand everyone freaking out about how long they think it will take to level up, I was actually disappointed when I hit lv6 everything in KF because it removed a big 'carrot' for me. Guess I like having goals to work towards, as long as they're not ridiculous like 3000 Stalker kills, which it sounds like they're avoiding this time around.

Totally fair, which is why I used as many weasel words as I could fit into that post. I'll cop to being one of those "numbers go up" people even though I know it's silly. Grind was probably the wrong word to try to say what I meant.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

khy posted:

The OP doesn't have enough information for me.

I never played killing floor, so I don't know what a 'suped-up' version of it is. Is this a PvP game? PvE? Is it akin to Left 4 Dead only with classes and more sci-fi?

Please educate me.

It's PvE horde-mode survival (although I guess some people modded objective maps, I never played one). Enemies come in waves containing mostly chaff and a few specials, kill zeds to earn dosh to buy better guns. There's a boss at the end who will kill your face.

e

Ruggington posted:

also you pop heads like grapes and they're all like "splorch"

Missed this vital point of info

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

closeted republican posted:

I still expect problems on day one because of how many people will be trying to access the game at once.

Honestly, I kind of like that period. It's fun being part of a brand new thing with lots of people and bitching about it

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Wooo! Just got my first boss kill, 7 rounds on normal in the bio lab. Communication is so loving important in this game, we would not have made it without talking.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Leveling zerker in a room with more than zero other players is an exercise in frustration. I just left a round because the four people I was with were deliberately focus-firing in front of me so I never got kills. gently caress that, there's a good reason it was my last max level in KF1.

e: the actual playing of it is a blast though, the explosive hammer is extremely cool

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Ha, I ran into that avatar-cloning thing for the first time tonight. My teammates (silent bastards that they were) probably thought I was nuts.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I've noticed a thing where zeds will be moving steadily towards me/someone and then when the attack animation starts, they'll teleport closer to their target. It's most noticeable on Gorefasts because well they're fast already, but I've seen grabber zeds do it too. Anyone else seen this?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bug report: if I switch weapons while holding RMB to look down the sights, sometimes the new weapon will be 'stuck' in sight-mode like it had reset to toggle. I use hold-to-look if that wasn't clear.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Cerepol posted:

I like the AR quite well. Shoots good clears trash, large ammo pool and most importantly can rapid fire 3 healing darts with a fourth 1/2 sec behind them. I dislike the shotgun strongly due to low pellet count, poo poo penetration, low ammo pool also reqs 50 per dart

Yeah, AR + shotgun is the best loadout IMO, especially if you go for the AR first. Those darts for days make it worthwhile for the team. That being said I play mainly on Hard because I'm bad at gamesTM.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Stepped up from Hard to Suicidal tonight, now everything is so drat fast! That being said we did pretty well until we got separated on a late wave and I got stranded alone with a mess of scrakes, Medics just can't pump out enough damage to deal effectively.

That being said, going from 4 to 6 players was the really devastating change. The HP increase for zeds threw off the team's rhythm and we just got buried under stuff we were expecting to be able to handle. It makes sense balance-wise but still a pain in round 7/10, even personally dumping 2k into the new joins didn't equalize things.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Oh my that's pretty special. Hadn't seen that before, thanks.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Those dudes in the Manor portraits are incredibly goony and I love it, the whole place looks great. Can't wait to paint it red

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Gromit posted:

So which TWI team members are they?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Broose posted:

Does anyone else's game lock up if you try to quit just before the next map loads? I get stuck on either the KF2 loading screen or some kind of bugged out screen, it varies wildly when it bugs out.

I just had this happen for the first time, I could click on quit to desktop but it wouldn't do it. Easy enough to fix, just alt-tabbed and closed the window.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

8 new achievements just got loaded into Steam. They're currently unnamed, but that's 3 for each difficulty of Manor and 5 for ......... ??

edit: Speaking of the achievements, I just now noticed their cute little naming schemes. All the ones for Paris are alliterated, and the ones for Outpost are references to Fear and Loathing in LV, The Big Lebowski and Game of Thrones. Not sure what's up with Biotics Lab tho.

Looks like just different levels of biological containment. Plus Outpost Suicidal has that sweet sweet ESB reference.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Better than all the horrible medics running rampant right now, its honestly making the game unplayable, wouldn't care if it was on normal or hard but I constantly bump into these people on suicidal or hell on earth and they always cost us the game.

What makes a horrible medic in your opinion? I main medic and did in KF1 so if I'm doing something boneheaded it's high time I knocked that off.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Well if it's just obvious stuff like that then yeah I agree, if someone can't freaking use their class abilities then that's aggravating. I guess I sometimes get frustrated because people wade head-first into meatgrinders and four darts plus a nade isn't going to let buddy pubby facetank a fleshpound but he still gets mad at me for 'failing him'.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

On the other hand, MacGyver is awesome.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Decoy trader pods that spray crawlers at anyone who approaches

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

update when

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Dropped into a server (Paris) where people were dosh-hunting, but they ended up on wave 9 with google open trying to find what they missed. Took like an hour, but I guess now I have the only dosh-chievement I'll be getting :geno:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

gently caress you

i'm not clicking on some reddit link

you loving fuckj

Chard posted:

update when

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

That gun is cool as heck

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Tripwire filed for chapter 11. Phoneposting so can't link the pc gamer article atm

Please report to Processing for DNA extraction :unsmigghh:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hello, played a few rounds and the new ammo nerfs can suck the sweat from my dangling nutsack, thanks for reading :)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Man the mic-gun is insanely good and fun, especially against big bads. The goofy cyber scope is extremely Killing Floor imo.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I've been running around as a demo with the M79 and Trenchgun, with C4 once I can afford it. Besides leveling both of the new classes the trenchgun gives a nice medium-range option to a class that sorely lacks one right now.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Someone said that tapping M1 does more micgun dps than holding it, but my future already spells "CARPAL TUNNEL" in flashing neon letters so :effort:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Geight posted:

There's a category for electric weapons and there better be some good-rear end poo poo in there in the future

I hope we can do stuff like cross mic-gun + electo-beam to get Majicka style damage combos going.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Has bullets ricocheting off of the metal bits on zeds always been a thing? I was playing over the weekend and it stuck out how cool and badass that was.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Taffer posted:

Nope it's new

Nice I'm not crazy. Loving the effect.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Gromit posted:

Is there any truth to the rumour that zed corpses can block M79 shots and cause them to dud if too close? I can see how that would mimic reality, but it would mean there's a big advantage to turning corpse numbers down massively in the ini. Well, if you aim low at crawlers anyway.

I had a fantastic "oh shhiiiiiiiiiii" moment in Catacombs related to this. I was shooting my M79 over a railing and clipped a nearby corpse just as Zed time hit, so I got to watch this insanely deadly shell tumble around and fall directly at my feet in super slow motion. I'm good at games :v:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

verbal enema posted:

does anyone want to play

http://steamcommunity.com/id/meingott/

just add me so ican play with u in future imma tf2 for a sec get some color in my life

just added u

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Ruggington posted:

Do Not Use Matchmaking

I like getting into games just as they're starting and matchmaking is terrible at this, I think I've used it maybe two or three times ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Everything about this looks dope af. Black Forest looks a lot like Wyre which was one of my favorite KF1 maps, and the Patty appears to have been supersized. Wonderful.