Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Confirmed game I best want but can't buy for another month because of severe lack of money. :emo:

Can't wait to pop heads off as sharpshooter again, though. That new dismemberment system will make it much more satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

closeted republican posted:

Ain't nothing stopping you from setting a Commando gun to semi-auto and going on a trash head-exploding spree.
That I could do, though as Commando is the class I've played least in the original KF, dunno how close he acts to Sharpshooter in terms of perks and whatnot.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't matter, because new game, new playstyle. I'll try that.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 19, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sucks that Tuesday is the release date. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't have the time due to schoolwork. Certainly an odd day to release a highly anticipated game, even for early access. :v:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

But... Wait, are you being facetious? Releases are ALWAYS Tuesday but since that's ninety-nine-out-of-one-hundred the case I figure you're kidding. Right? RIGHT!? :shepicide:
I never really notice when new releases occur. I always figured they were closer to the weekend. Today I learned something.

I'm special. :downsgun:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

If I don't get D.A.R. in KF2 I may be sad. I've basically played all 132 hours of mine in KF1 as him.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah but the best part about him won't be in KF2 sadly. Using the Insult Players voice command to repeatedly make farting sounds
I don't have a reason to live anymore.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

https://youtu.be/YJCkQnHBtPM

Some thousand+ hour veterans of KF1 play KF2 and reflect on changes and stuff
"I've spent 3,500 hours in the game and 3,500 hours in the SDK"

:pcgaming:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Super Dude posted:

Is anyone interested in setting up a 6-pack?
I might not be getting the game for another month, but if the offer is still open when I get the game, I'd be up for that.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Gromit posted:

We're less than 20 hours out from SEA, and there's been word on the street that Australia (and others) may get a censored version for local release. Obviously this means I'll have to get a US goon to buy for me, but surely this close to SEA Tripwire would know if they have to have a cut version available or not?
Is this due to your lovely prime minister I've heard a lot about orrrrrrr

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

The idea that they actually might not for kf2 is kind of interesting.
Then release hour comes and Murphy's Law takes effect.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Would anyone trade a copy of KF2 for a copy of Bioshock: Infinite?

I'm poor and desperate. :smith:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dogstile posted:

Unless you know of a private server, I wouldn't worry about it man, your chances of finding a server tonight are slim. I'm about to give up and go play payday for a bit, try again tomorrow.
I'd rather play solo than not play at all tbh. I know it's more fun in multiplayer, but I mean Zed-killing is fun nonetheless.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lady Morgaga posted:

Should we organize a six pack?

1- Lady Morgaga
2- Lady Morgaga
3-?????????
4-?????????
5-?????????
6-?????????
If I can wrangle a copy by the next two days (which I should be able to), then sign me up. If it helps, I main Sharpshooter in KF1 (probably'll play Support until they add SS, though).

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Aight, I caved in and bought the game. $45 to my name now, woooooo.

Sign me up for that 6-pack.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

averox posted:

Hello! Please get in touch with me at http://steamcommunity/id/averox as I have purchased the 6-pack. Thanks :)
...For some reason, "6-pack" registered in my brain as a 6-man team, and not the actual 6-pack of KF2. And I already bought the game. :bang:

Give a copy to someone else, I don't need it since I was a stupid gently caress.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kill All Humans posted:

Amazing, I finally got a pub team that was able to kill the boss without anyone dying. I'm living the dream.
This hasn't been a problem for me yet. Out of the three games I've played fully, two of them we killed him with no casualties. The third game we lost.

Amazing that people are actually competent, though I guess if you're hype enough to buy the game the day it is in early access, you should be.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Did a 900mb+ patch just go live for anyone else?
If it did, I didn't see it download. Would it say on the official site if they did that?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yes and no. There are servers, there's even goon special servers, but everything is hosed with connection issues.
I played for 3 hours straight on like 3 different servers and had no issues despite having lovely internet, so I mean :shrug:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lovely Wizard posted:

Check your retarded-priviledge
https://www.tumblr.com/register

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alkydere posted:

How are you guys defeating Hans? I keep getting to him and then my team wipes until there's only one guy kiting him.
To be honest, I have no idea. I've only managed to beat him in Paris for some reason. I guess just be really coordinated and try to keep reasonable distance from him. Also, always keep the Medic alive, of course.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Crabtree posted:

I am medic. I am the best class in the game. I have both a healing shotgun and assault rifle whose medical darts lock on to people, and that's not even getting into what happens when I have perks!
I am support. I kill things with boom-boom guns and weld doors because Tripwire ran out of ideas.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jueg01 posted:

Anyone have issues with Nvidia graphics in general? I have a GTX 850M (hooray laptop gaming :v:), i7 4710 HQ and 8 Gigs of ram and even with everything turned down it seems to run like a Powerpoint.
GT 640 here. Had some minor frame skips when everything was set to high, but that's it. Turning a few things down to medium and I easily get flawless 100 FPS. :v:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Brackhar posted:

How are we organizing games as goon groups? Do we have a steam group?
I was thinking about this. Someone should make one. I'd certainly love a good Goon v. Zed match.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

is it time for a new patch/new content yet
Add new cosmetics to keep us entertained until the next cosmetic patch.

aka the TF2 Effect

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Is that Combat Shotty even worth it as support? I prefer going straight from the double-barrel to the AA12. There's no damage difference at all among those three, and I could give a rat's rear end about accuracy, because shotguns. Even the decreased fire rate of the double-barrel compared to the Combat seems negated by just having someone cover my rear end while I use the special two-shot thing on the double-barrel.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kris xK posted:

The combat shotgun sucked in KF1, and it sucks in KF2. I just skip it.
I used it in KF2 because I just followed the normal progression of shotguns (besides Vlad, because euuuugh). I didn't really see much of a significant difference when I upgraded to the combat shotty.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

don't even ironically suggest a loving hat system
100 MB update that adds Strange and Unusual weapons.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Anyone getting random stutters/1-3s freezes while playing the game?

Happens really often when changing between players in spectator mode.
I did at the beginning. All I had to do was turn down the graphics settings a tiny bit and it became silky smooth.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

It's already silky smooth for me except when those stutters occur. I have a consistent fps of 60. Mind posting your settings?

Also my specs are

i5-2500k @ 4.2 GHz
GTX 970
8 GB RAM
AMD FX-6100 @ 3.3 GHz
GT 240 (pls donut laugh k)
16 GB RAM

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Somehow this server managed to get 35 people?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vanixx/screenshots
Would be appreciated if someone typed in the entire command to join the goon server(s). Thanks in advance.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

They need to move the announcement text. Half the time I miss when a teammate dies or when I level up just because I'm not looking an inch away from the bottom of my screen.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tanreall posted:

Now we just need more goons.
I'll join later tonight. Been looking forward to playing with goons. What difficulty is the server?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Played my first hard/long games today.

:suicide:

It was a 5-man premade all level 8 or higher and we still got wrecked in all 6 matches we played. We never made it past wave 7.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jimbot posted:

Any tips on fighting the stupid scientist boss as Support? He just tears you up when you are close and shotguns aren't known for their range. So far the boss fight has been my least favorite part of the game. He has a hundred billion health, melts your health and is 10x as fast as you are. It's not fun to fight at all.
I main Support. Essentially, keep a happy medium of a range between you and Hans. Far enough where you are semi-safe, but close enough that most of the shotgun pellets hit him. Also, be aware of whatever phase he is in so that you don't end up wasting an entire AA12 mag when he's in his near-invulnerability phase.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

If I have to pay for this, I will be very upset.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Geight posted:

Tripwire has amended their EULA to clarify that all KF2 mods must be distributed for free.
There is a god. :pcgaming:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Support is a tank once you get the 20% extra ammo and 50% extra health. I couldn't do hard at all before I hit Level 10, but now it's a breeze. Thank you based Tripwire.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

Crawlers camouflaging themselves in the piles of corpses constantly at my feet and preventing me from moving past them is much worse than being turned to face a clot that grabbed me
They should make crawlers bright yellow and pink so the game isn't as spooky.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So hey if you're low on health and think you can stand behind a welded door when a Scrake is after you it's not the best idea
Oh God, I did not expect that second door. That was loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

They should add the ability to cancel a reload with a grenade throw. Too many times I've gotten unnecessary damage from being stuck in a situation where the reload animation would not stop and that could be easily solved with a grenade. :(

symbolic fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 27, 2015