Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

Only in the US. It has a decent market share in Europe.

If by 'decent' you mean like 8%, sure, mostly on the budget end of the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

MorsAnima posted:

GSF basically won Eve (again) after Phoebe. Everyone else (except PL who don't care) imploded.

This game was only ever really fun when we faced an existential threat :/

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Uh. Speaking as a former Goonswarm director myself, that AMA is certainly something.

'Endie H: They hosed over Blawrf badly - like horribly - and instituted this hilarious regime where every director has to fill in monthly reports on the first of the month or get fired'

Really? :cripes:

Edit: Blawrf, didn't you start out as one of my guys? (in GSRecon)

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 14, 2015

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

You missed where all that got brought up and "who gives a poo poo"ed pages ago

I've kind of stopped keeping up with this thread since my corp (Hobbit) got booted from the alliance a few months ago having been there since 2006. I mean fair plays at the time, I was the last one active in it and by active I mean 'not very', but it did kill any last motivation I had to play Eve. I've met Mittens and other alliance leadership in person on several occasions, though, and I remember and trust Endie and Blawrf, so I take notice when poo poo suddenly seems to be going down.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Blawrf posted:

Likely, yeah! Who are you, Ivanova? I have trouble linking SA names to EVE heh

Yep, sup.

Edit: that specific thing being Hobbit being booted? I didn't think anyone had even noticed. Like I say, didn't bother me hugely at the time :shrug:

Though even so much as a forums PM telling me so would have been nice, since I was still reading those and getting on Jabber occasionally - as opposed to logging in and suddenly finding I couldn't see any of the forums. Seriously, is a little common courtesy too much to ask? It's not like Blawrf or I are randoms who joined last week.

Edit: Hobbit wasn't even Kriegsmarine, btw. It was originally an alt corp founded by a RL friend of mine in 2006 because he got a Vagabond BPO, along with like half a dozen of his RL friends. We started out in the Remedial FTZ and got let into the swarm when the FTZ got wound up because we were not-useless. Everyone else gradually stopped playing over the years except me (unfortunately Selnaric went AFK but didn't hand over the CEO role to me so I couldn't clear old players out). It's not like it was a gold-farming corp or anything, it was more my personal corp because of a quirk of history. On the one hand with me inactive it's not like it was doing the Swarm any good, but on the other hand it wasn't doing any harm either.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 14, 2015

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ledenko posted:

Does making an OP suddenly make you space president or something? I've been in GW for just over a month, I'm so very sorry I don't hold up to your high standards of knowing every drama riddled personality itt.

The fact that he's the guy the alliance picked to post the official Goonswarm OP should probably be a hint that he is not, for example, someone who's been in GW for just over a month, yeah. :)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Endie posted:

I was always Trotsky. I even had that as my avvy for a while.

Mine was Rasputin :3:

(more because of how I look IRL than any tendency to banging Russian royalty or hastening revolutions, though)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Edit: argh, double post.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Eonwe posted:

why can i not buy an eve online cash-in book yet

did reddit ruin that or something

Dude there are two Eve novels already. They're both p bad.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

Who gives a poo poo what reddit thinks?

I'm pretty sure that most of the directorate is normal dudes, some of whom are assholes sure.

Ehhhh define 'normal'.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

that'll be $150,000 please

Tamir Lenk? He's not been around in ages, has he? Get some new material dude :colbert:

( I remember his pad was pretty bitchin' though)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Doc Friday posted:

If you think about it, we indirectly have the people of r/eve by the balls. They can't go a single day without at least a couple of "Grr Goons" posts it seems. Manipulating their hatred to our benefit would not be an infeasible task.

Are you saying you control their game?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

YouTuber posted:

Billy Merc wanted to gently caress goons over with the VFK stunt. The only people that got hosed over was the ISRAD camp in VFK who was now counter camped by 1k people 24/7 and the unfortunate souls who had to listen to DBRB ramble on for days. Mission success, goons hosed.

That headshot attempt was the last time I had actual fun in Eve. Shame it turned out to be such a poorly planned damp squib. I remember scouting out the PL staging towers and wondering why the hell half of them were completely unarmed :downs:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

It's me I'm the BoB spy sent by SirMolle to destroy you all

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Whatever happened to Remedial, anyway? Is he still in the army?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

CainFortea posted:

When did he join? I thought the Army had a thing about being promoted or you get kicked out after x amount of time.

That's officers isn't it?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I miss you guys sometimes :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

The "Siege/Headshot" of VFK is probably still my favorite EvE memory.

Loved the bare towers.

(I ran GSRecon at the time and scouted them myself. The last time I really had fun in Eve)

• Locked thread