Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Anybody have a totally complete, Roche-path tattoo Geralt who leaves everybody(Síle, Letho, Aryan, Henselt, Adam Pangratt just in case) alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

I don't understand how the DLC is supposed to work. I'm not getting an option to download them, just to play the game and there doesn't appear to be any indication that they have been downloaded?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Lareine posted:

I don't understand how the DLC is supposed to work. I'm not getting an option to download them, just to play the game and there doesn't appear to be any indication that they have been downloaded?

Someone help, I really need those loving beards.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Lord Lambeth posted:

They were under extras in the client for me. Looks like they're on the website as well.

Is this on GOG or Steam? Because I've got it on Steam.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Rukus posted:

Not caring for Dandelion's new voice actor at all. Why'd they make him all gruff sounding?

I didn't even recognize his voice. I thought he had to have been someone else.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Heads up. If you accidentally close the door to the crypt in the White Orchard cemetery, you can't open it again. This is bad if you didn't get the awesome stuff inside first.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Found a new bug. Occasionally, when I get my hair cut or shaved, the tattoo appears on my untattooed Geralt. It stays afterwards too. If you are jonesing for the tattoo, I suggest you get your hair cut.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Orv posted:

Children, please.

I had forgotten how completely and utterly insane Letho's accent is.

SAWSeresses

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

So, uh, at the end of The Battle of Kaer Morhen, does Vesemir always die?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Goddamn it, What's-His-Face on Bald Mountain, he keeps killing my rear end. I've got his first pattern down but when he starts teleporting around like crazy and poo poo, I can't keep up and he stunlocks my rear end and I die. Blizzard helps but is there anything more I can do? Does Yrden work any?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

I wish the sex was sexier. I've only seen the whores and Triss's lighthouse scenes but 16 hours of mocapped sex my rear end. Maybe my opinion will change when I see Yen's but overall, I'm disappointed.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Burns posted:

The inventory is a complete mess. Lets throw books and all notes into "Usables", for some reason. Its not nearly as bad as Witcher 2 but it needs a total overhaul. First, too much wasted space. Bombs, oils and potions need not their own tab but rather a section right under the weapons and armor tab. They should take inspiration from Dark Souls inventory in that in a fight you use what you got equipped on your character (too few slots in the quick menu to make this work but it worked well enough in Witcher 2 since it had more slots) because jumping into a menu is a free pause button. Switching to the Inventory should not pause the game!

Wait, what was wrong with Witcher 2's inventory? Everything was divided up, you could sort by price and weight. It was awesome.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Burns posted:

Witcher 2's inventory didnt utilize space well.

Compared to Witcher 3's inventory, which is bad enough to be considered non-functional, I'd take it any day. Everything had its own tab. You want bombs? You got bombs. No need to scroll through poo poo.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Weirdest thing. I was looking through my quests, went to read the descriptions of the ones I failed. For some reason, The Cave of Dreams is listed as Failed, even though I didn't fail it.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Another weird thing. After completing The Great Escape, I got Sile De Tansarville's profile in the glossary. I read it and it mentioned me meeting her even though that hasn't happened. Was I supposed to meet her in this quest and didn't and it marked it down anyway? I don't even remember if I let her explode in Witcher 2 or not.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Ragingsheep posted:

She was one of the two women in the prison.

If she's there, I didn't see her and I didn't see her on the prisoner list unless she was going by Zelona. I don't know if she's alive or not, considering I don't remember what I did in this imported W2 save.

Edit: I've gone back and did the whole quest again. I still cannot find her. There is only one female prisoner in there besides Margarita and it's not her. I'm guessing I really did kill her at the end of W2. Doesn't explain the profile though. The profile says I totally did find her and gave her a mercy killing.

Lareine fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 11, 2015

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Finally finished the game despite me trying not to. Got the Ciri Witcher ending. I felt that the ending was a bit rushed. Like, after I killed Eredin, it jumps to the stuff about the White Frost, barely explaining anything about it and whoop Ciri's dead but not really. It sucks that there wasn't anything more to Geralt's and Triss's relationship than that one sex scene, the talk about the house in Kovir and the single ending slide. I mean, I get that Triss isn't really the "canon" choice but it still felt a bit bare bones. Also made me feel really bad that I didn't help with Radovid's assassination. Overall, I would've liked to see more W2 stuff. I didn't see Anais mentioned at all during the game. What happened with her? After Temeria got eaten by Redania and Nilfgaard, did Roche send her back to her mother? I certainly didn't see her in that cave. And what about Aryan? It was important enough to ask about him during the "simulate save game" function but I didn't see him brought up at all. Does Mary Louisa La Valette refuse to go to the races with you if you killed him?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So, what are these huge boulders that show a Sun icon? I saw one when I was looking for some master witcher armor, and near a boat. Not sure what to do there.

Do Keira's quest.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I like how a lot of people are satisfied with letting the badguys win because the alternative feels worse.

Who are the bad guys?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Relin posted:

This dice game in the first witcher sure is infuriating, I wish I could remove these quests from my log

Better than the one in the second.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Question about the new Gwent cards. Do these new ones replace the old versions or are they a separate set?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

I really think the ending needed to talk about the future of Kaer Morhen and the institution of the witchers as a whole after Vesemir died. I mean, the only thing I got was me talking to Eskel about where he was going to winter and him saying he's not going to come to Kaer Morhen anymore. At the same time, after that conversation his profile updates saying he DOES stay at Kaer Morhen. Granted, I didn't really do any of the Kaer Morhen side quests that might've explained poo poo but that is still a major part of the ending left out.

Speaking of endings, does anybody have the list of crucial choices you make that determine the ending you get?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Letho is also dumber than dirt and makes anything worse wherever he goes. He's a danger to himself and others.

That's what Sile thought and see how he screwed her over?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

The frustrating thing about how they dealt with the White Frost wasn't so much they didn't explain poo poo about it. After all, we've been hearing about Ithlinne's Prophecy through the entire series, it was a major plot point in the first Witcher. The problem was that we finished off the Wild Hunt and straight afterwards, Ciri decides she needs to tackle the White Frost right loving now and no, she's not going to bother letting anybody know that she intends to potentially kill herself doing so. Ereden's body wasn't even cold before she decided to do this. I don't think we even had the chance to confirm he was dead.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

sauer kraut posted:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-witcher-3-endings-fates-of-ciri-and-geralt
Super spoilers obviously

If don't wanna read it and you're afraid of a "bad" ending, the general theme is to build Ciris self-esteem and resolve by being nice, but not overbearing. Or something.
Sometimes a girl just has to smash an ancient Elven laboratory because she's mildly annoyed, it's ok.

Huh. Funny how offering to be with Ciri while talking to the sorceresses was considered "wrong". Sorceresses can be scary! I'd want Geralt on standby.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

So, last game I picked up Triss's earring at Kaer Morhen, it gets put into into quest items. But I never actually got to use it. Is it one of those useless, flavor quest items or was it actually used for something?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Pyromancer posted:

Nothing fails until you go to isle of the mists, and it shows you a warning about it. Also if you do all the sidequests you'll never see some of the possible outcomes, because f u completionists.

What? Really? Any examples?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

So does this mean if you don't do any of Crach's quests, nobody becomes king? Or does this mean someone else gets it?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

You know, with Radovid, I kind of wish we had a chance to talk to him. Like, REALLY talk to him. About what he is doing. Not that it would work or anything. At least a something like "Hey, Triss is my friend. Can you stop trying to burn her?" He'd tell us no and go back to talking about the heartbeats of chess pieces but at that point, it would be clear that he's totally nuts and a lost cause.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

jerichojx posted:

So I am a newbie to the whole Witcher series and is it just me or is the game assuming I know about these things?

How would I, as a player, know Radovid is a bad guy. Novigrad is under who now? Why would I have a preconceived notions about Nilfgaard and Temeria? Who's in control of Oxenfurt? Who's Yennefer and Triss and why should I care I want to be in love with them? What if I want to be Keira instead? She seems much cooler than those two squares.

To be fair, in the previous games, Radovid wasn't a "bad guy". He wasn't even really crazy. He just had extremely selfish and expansionist motives. Now, six months after the end of Witcher 2, he has completely gone off the deep end and has started considering all magic users as kindling.

Honestly, I don't think people should be allowed to play Witcher 3 before playing Witcher 2. Witcher 1 is optional.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Macaluso posted:

So I just beat the game. I'm super stoked that Ciri survived (assuming there's an ending where it's possible for her to die) but I would've liked it if they actually showed how she survived, defeated the White Frost, and came back. I get what they were going for at the end having her at the table and having it be a surprise, but they could've at least flashed back so I could see. I feel like they couldn't figure out how to get her out of that situation so they just went "eh whatever" and made it so we had to guess. Also, is there any way to stop Redania from taking over? I tried doing Dikjstra and that other guy, Roche I think was his name, but at some point after doing some errands for them, the quests just kind of stopped. It was great Ciri was alive, but now the Redanians are in control and killing everyone that's not 100% human. So many of my bros are gonna be killed :smith: In fact in the credits there's a picture of a Dwarf with a mohawk burning on a pyre who I assume is Zoltan, and then a shot of Dandelion and Priscilla are watching in horror :smith: I gotta look up the other endings now. Overall I am happy that my decisions I make during the game seemed to actually matter, although there still seems to be a ton of stories that are just kind of left open (I imagine the non human characters you're just supposed to assume are gonna be killed by racist assholes). Skellige at least is prospering, I got the right choice in queen there. :unsmith: Zoltan, you shoulda gone to Skelliga, brother :(

I feel like Avallac'h in particular was a really well written character.

Are you loving kidding me? That makes it even loving WORSE. Aaaaahhh I really should have killed Radovid. gently caress neutrality.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Nova Odin posted:

She gets a brief mention in a dialogue choice in Witcher 3 during the Carnal Sins quest.

Alvin also leaves a letter in a book for us to read. He's still trying to convince us that making mutants will save the world.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Alvin is dead, you killed him at the end of Witcher 1. That note was left a long time ago.

Yeah, I know.

"That sword.... is for monsters!"

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

RatHat posted:

Did you not finish Witcher 1? Alvin is super dead.

He can travel through time. There is always the possibility of him popping up.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

I'm just throwing my opinion in about a Ciri Witcher game. I think it would be super loving awesome and CDPR totally needs to do it after Cyberpunk. The only two problems I see are balancing her skills so she isn't quite so overpowered and coming up with a way for her to do signs and potions and other witcher things since she doesn't have the mutations. It would also come after Cyberpunk so who know how many years it would be before it would come out.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Errr... the Cat and Wolf quest disappeared from the Oreton notice board before I could accept it. Anybody have this problem?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

pik_d posted:

For me it was at the Baron's place, not Oreton.

On the map, both Notice Board icons turned yellow but by the time I made my way over there, they turned back to white. I checked both boards. Nothing.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

I ended up loading an earlier save, which sucks because I lost an hour or so of progress.

Edit: Actually, I think I might've found out what the issue was. The contract initially involves a place called Honorton, correct? I was faffing about around there, approached the village, Geralt mentioned that he smelled carrion, I saw some red skull ghouls and I left. This might've triggered me having gotten the quest, even though it wasn't in the quest list.

Lareine fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 2, 2015

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Taear posted:

I'm sad that the University is closed. They talk about it a lot in Witcher 1 and 2 so it was disappointing that I couldn't visit.

Blame Radovid. Tyrants aren't really fond of scholars and learned people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

I really regret not doing the djinn sidequest in my "Geralt wuvs Triss" run. I just told her to go gently caress herself when she asked me to help her to try and enslave ANOTHER djinn.Because I never did the quest, I didn't really get to definitively end my relationship with Yen. I guess it just fizzled out when it was clear I didn't want anything to do with her, which is fine except I never get the chance to tell Yennefer how I really feel about her.