Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Uhuhuhu I have Thief Berserker Ninja Samurai

I am literally at the Objet d'art save point right now

Gnihihiii

As an aside, can Ninja scrolls kill Omnicient? Or do I have to Mage Masher silence him, was that the trick? Just for the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

Scrolls will cause him to reset. The Mage Masher will silence Omniscient, but it'll wear off after a few turns. With that team, your best bet is sending everyone but the Berserker up the magic tower and giving them all Hermes Sandals + Gil Toss. That way you should be able to do enough damage to kill Omniscient while he's still silenced.
That's a good idea! I'll see what I can do, and if it's too annoying, I'll just let it be.

Protip for the Android version btw: if you Continue (as if you had quicksaved), you'll start not from the last save point, but from directly in front of bosses most of the time. It's insanely useful and almost as good as Save States.

Otoh precise movement is impossible because they thought even with diagonal movement disabled (why would you ever), half-tile movement should still be possible, which is the worst. Still, I got everything important (including Ribbon because you never know!) from Karnak and got out with 4 seconds to spare (no Deathclaw), so at least that was possible...

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

So how would one know when to cast Level 5 Death in this situation? Just hope you get lucky?
Well, you have a convenient timer there :v:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

25 stolen War Hammers until I got my first Reflect Ring drop :negative:.

But it was a double drop, so that's nice! Also I will NEVER run out of poo poo to randomly throw now.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Ramos posted:

Reflect rings can be the absolute worst. My guys went from level 26 to 32 just grinding for drops in the tower. On the other hand, Atomos was a total chump when I got to him.
Level 29, 35 War Hammers. Onwards!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Never thought Equip Axes could be useful, but the crystal guardians are vulnerable to Death Sickles (and as I didn't get any element-absorbing gear nor have Float, that's pretty nice!).

Except I never thought I'd need more than one Death Sickle...

Ah well, the Berserker killed two well enough and Zeninage did the rest with some damage spread beforehand :cool:.

That German translation though...

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Hrm I want to get good gear but Phoenix Tower kicks my rear end! I think I've only ever done it with at least two Ribbons equipped, it's a nightmare otherwise unless I'm missing some obvious status protection (Thief, Berserker, Ninja, Samurai). Got the Genji stuff.

Maybe I should rather buy Hermes Sandals and Rings, but I only have 200k, maybe looking at another 100k because I haven't sold much yet (might want to throw those weapons!). I'd have loved to farm Hermes Sandals, which would give me Gil, Job Levels (I want to have Zeninage on all people for Omniscient) and maybe even a stolen Ring or two. But not if every encounter requires Zeninage and then a lot of Stone/Toad/Mini healing. And I can't run!

Or I get a few other things done first. But what? Fork Tower is the big gate, and for that I need (after a previous tip) Mage Masher + Zeninage, which could work right now but as I want to get Hermes Sandals anyway...I dunno. Any advice?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Getting the gently caress out of here...

Yay I have Phoenix (for nothing). God that was a pain, but doable because the Android version Quicksaves on every floor! Even got a free Hermes Sandal.

Island Shrine also fell, now I want Fork Tower. Yeah, I could just go to the Rift, probably, but I want to see what I can do with this team :D. Also, I hate grinding AP without something extra to show for, this something extra are dungeons I actually find fun, so onwards!

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 1, 2015

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Shwqa posted:

Wait quick saving glitch works in mobile as well?
It auto-saves (as if you had Quicksaved) on every single floor. That helps, and I presume that it also resets encounter rate while it's at, as I certainly got through a lot of floors without getting ambushed more often than not!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

chrisf posted:

Does the job fair work any differently with chaos runs? I've got bers/sam/sam/x and I think I should change one of the sams to a non-earth job because iOS+4 bers+sandworm/sol cannon sounds incredibly tedious.
Actually, the mobile version has a far easier time with Sandworm at least: Berserkers will always attack the front row, so if the worm is there, it'll get smacked a lot, and there are no dummy targets, AND Death Sickle doesn't double-proc the counter. This should also get rid of a Launcher (or two?) automatically in the Sol Cannon fight, but I dunno how much that really helps.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Pile of Kittens posted:

I have never played this garbage game before but now I'm playing because apparently it earns money for some garbage children. Monk/Summoner so far.

Haha you're going to "trash" the game :xd:

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 2, 2015

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Sooo I am at Omniscient with Ninja/Thief/Samurai and trying the strat someone recommended to me, which is Mage Masher proc + Zeninage, Zeninage. I have everyone on Hermes Sandals and after like 20 tries Silence did stick twice, so that's okaaay, I guess, BUT - I literally do not have enough time to input even one Zeninage until Omniscient casts Return again, which is really weird to me.

I am on Android; is that possibly something they just "fixed"? I don't understand why he even keeps casting Return after the first three attempts (Mage Masher + Twin Lance hit)...at least my first Zeninage should hit, right?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

zolthorg posted:

Go into your options and greatly lower your battle speed, should make statuses and things stick for longer. Although on IOS/Android the heavy flag might make it super hard to stick any status to a boss.
Aaah, the battle speed is key, now I can do it!

I literally spent my entire money on Hermes Sandals and Rings :negative:. God drat it!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Just want to double-check my Exdeath strategy so I don't bash my head against him uselessly if there's a far better option. I have:
- Ninja with Sasuke's Katana and the Dancing Dagger, Crystal Helmet, Mirage Vest, Regen Ring; Mug
- Samurai with Chicken Knife, Masamune, Genji Helm, Genji Armor, Hermes Sandals; Two Weapons
- Berserker with Rune Axe, Giant (Titan? German mobile), Thornlet, Diamond Cuirass, Genji Glove; Two Weapons
- Thief with Parrying Dagger (will never attack, so also back row), Black Hood, Dark (?) Robe, Angel Ring; Zeninage

The plan is to Haste everyone with the Masamune asap during the first phase, then beat that down (it's easy enough if I don't eat all the Meteors). Against NED, I use Magic Lamp asap, then Ninja starts Throwing Fumas at the Almagest part (it's the top one with the red lion head, right?). Samurai also attacks that part because it deals way more damage if Masamune crits than Zeninage, I basically hope for no runs with the Chicken Knife...I'm not sure if I overlooked a better weapon combination here. Thief keeps throwing money. As it's the mobile version, Berserker will keep attacking the front part, there's no possible contribution to destroy the Almagest part quicker.

So far, this has not worked out because Almagest does get through regardless. I survive it sometimes, but solo 200 HP Samurai soon succumbs. Party level is 38. Am I doing something obviously wrong/inefficiently, or should I just hope for better damage rolls? I got a Dragon Lance (instant steal off an old man Avis thing in Catastrophe's room, HA!), will throwing that deal extra damage to maybe even the Almagest part?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Spikey posted:

I'd give the Chicken Knife to your ninja so that you can use Mug to avoid the Flee chance.
Had that before, but then there's no chance for Sword Dance to trigger, right? Maybe I should just not hope for that, I guess.

I have a Murakumo from somewhere...also a Thor's Hammer. But unless I'm missing something, it's only advantage is the long range? Mobile version Berserker never attacks back row, so I should be good in that regard. Anyway, as I kill the back part immediately with Odin, should that not be a non-issue anyway?

...also I should be hitting the correct part, I guess :downs:.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Fungah! posted:

also go get hermes sandels for everyone in the party, they're easily the best accessory in the game, they'll save a bunch of buffing turns and also take out like a third of the things that grand cross can do to you

e: yeah don't go sword dance fishing, that's just asking for pain. sasuke's/chicken knife with mug is going to do about the same damage overall but without being heavily luck dependent. also katana crits might be doing more than zeninage every time they happen but it's probably going to do less damage overall because the crit rate is so much lower than zeninage's 100% success rate. tbqh you could probably just go get hermes sandals and put zeninage on everyone but the berserker and just throw gil at neo until he dies
Zeninage does 2700 damage, I highly doubt I can get the Almagest part blitzed down just by throwing money at the problem...

I do have four Hermes Sandals (and initially tried the fight with those), I was not really convinced, but I guess I can give it a few more tries.

Again, is Thor's Hammer really better than the Rune/Giant's Axe if the Berserker always attacks the front row?

EDIT: got it. Thanks!

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 6, 2015

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

There we go! Feels great :).

I tried to take the advice of grinding for another Thor's Hammer, but I just couldn't get one (so many Hero Drinks...). Ended up getting a few levels though, and after a while I said gently caress it, then I survived one Almagest and that was actually all that mattered. I drank all my Elixiers (only had 12), so the one drop from a Magic Dragon formation mattered in the end! Hooray!
Fun fact: !Throwing Excalipoor in the Mobile version deals ~350 damage. NOT COOL especially as it was at the last part which I needed to die stat before it would pull out nonsense. But a !Thrown Dragon Lance DOES 9999 to the Grand Cross part, that was cool.

Death Sickle supremacy. Managed to take down the front part (don't forget: Mobile version attacks always there, so that's a gigantic buff) steadily on her own with just a few extra Zeninages to help, while everyone was busy !Throwing poo poo at Almagest, then Grand Cross. Definitely worthwhile, even in the front row with Rune + Titan Axe.

For NED, I ended up equipping Throw! instead of Zeninage, to focus down the relevant parts better, it works out swimmingly. Other than that, having a Thief meant a lot of things:
a) Steal poo poo to throw, to sell and then throw, and maybe possibly to use?!?!???! yes, actually...Twin Lances. Wow, are those good.
b) Motherfucking Garula, but I did not actually grind...much (incidental while getting Mythril Knives).
c) !Mug is amazing because it's NOT Fight.
d) Artful Dodger on Berserker yo

Zeninage is like 90% of the use I got out of Samurai, but Ianuki is surprisingly good up until very late, too bad it's far too costly to toy around with in casual play. One of the best Job Master abilities, though.

!Throw ultimately won me the NED fight, but Dualwield on everyone but the Thief surely also helped, maybe. Did not abuse (or use even once) Image.

All in all, wonderful synergy except for the Samurai, but that was great to pick up the AOE dearth after Scrolls became useless for those few bosses that needed it.

I did all the Tablet quests because FFV is fun to play. I will not attempt Shinryu or (ha!) Omega. I am debating if I should now do a 750 run to get only new jobs or something else entirely. Or stop, because it's cool that I did this and there's more years.

Mobile version: auto-save (if you Continue) in every single room is the most amazing thing and if you were only reluctant because you don't have Save States, throw that overboard and get it, it loses very little quality of life in that regard, unless you're going for many rare steals or whatever (if Save States even help with those). No speed-up, of course, but FFV is well-paced enough, I think, and you get a surprising amount of auto-saves after cutscenes, so that's cool. Stuff that requires precision (buttons in the Meat Castle) are actually taken into account, and the game forces you onto a per-square movement grid that will auto-stop you after a step, that is very considerate. Pyramid is doable like that but still sucks a gigantic amount of raw sewage through a mummy's butthole.
If you get Berserker, play Mobile, no questions asked. A few things are changed, but mostly not hugely important ones, though I am far from an FFV expert, if you rely on really obscure poo poo, you may be disappointed (for example the Mirage Vest glitch...I don't know if it's fixed, but I would wager it is).

Also, I hate how they can't replicate Mode 7 at all, look at those ugly upscaled sprites! And the German translation is NES-era bad, holy poo poo.

That's all.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

I wouldn't recommend it, Fork Tower would be an absolute nightmare with this team. I really think the castle is the best place to grind, as long as you run away from the Iron Giants. Every other place either gives mediocre rewards, has enemies with lots of evasion, or enemies that counter normal attacks.
I just tried to grind a Thor's Hammer in the castle and got annoyed by the Iron Giants a lot, BUT: on the roof of the castle, outside before the throne room, there are actually no Iron Giants. Death Claws, Yojimbos, Ninjas (serious fuckers with an only physical team, but eh, I got Zeninage), those strange wizard dudes, Sword Dancers...and the occasional Mythril Dragon (last chance for Mighty Guard?!) as well as 3 Magic Dragons, 1 Revive-Hare and 1 Wolf, a formation from Exdeath's Castle which can drop you Elixiers.

Grind there!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Am I overlooking something obvious, or is my only real strategy against Archaeoavis' final form with Black Mage, Summoner, Geo to hit him with knives, a lot? Chocobo deals 0 damage (apparently it's magical), he's immune to all current elements so rods are out, the Diamond Bell apparently also has an element (0 damage), Gaia always casts Tornado with a very occasional Wind Slash (no idea why it loves Tornado so much, mobile version for "why do you even have Tornado in the rotation?!" questions)...

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

Diamond Bell is magical and does crap damage anyway, Chocobo is... only magical on the mobile version. :negative: This is one circumstance where your choice of version hampers you a little.

You're gonna have to shank it with your noodle arms.
:sigh: Back out to buy two more Mage Masher...grind some levels...it's embarrassing having to do that with a Summoner on the team, but there is just nothing I can do at the moment. The fucker is heavy, so Remora also won't do anything, right?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

gently caress you.

And the final Job is Dancer - that's practically ideal! Physical damage, woo!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Poque posted:

seriously, how? That is a cruel cruel party for that fight.
Everyone is Level 21 and has 3 Mage Masher and the Main Gauche (on the Geo) pre-equipped. I think for a better rhythm one of them (maybe the BM, dunno if they or Summoner have a little more Str, but I didn't want to min-max too hard, it was down to luck anyway) could have carried a Rod to boost the Thundara. Or all, but I am lazy and didn't want to butterfinger an accidental rod-break instead of a weapon change. They're all in the front row because AOE is the problem, not physicals (and we have three dodge items spread out anyway).

First part: Lightning spells and Sylph to stay topped off. Only on the last form pre-revive will Lightning heal the Avis, so I used that as cue (or Sylph suddenly dealing half damage). If you keep up the pressure (see rhythm above, it was not really good in the winning run actually), Avis should change forms quickly enough to not bother you overly much with AOE poo poo, especially Frost should be avoided at all cost or Sylph will only offset the HP drain.
As soon as the final form of Phase 1 rolls around, one !Gaia will usually pop a Tornado (in this version, at least!), and a final damage source will finish the job.

Post-revive, it's a constant dance to make sure Geo always can attack, heal Maelstroms with my four Hi-Potions then Elixirs, bop confused characters asap (DON'T want to eat a Thundara on another character), attack attack attack whenever possible, and pray that Avis doesn't spam AOE poo poo all the time. HP is enough to survive two, at least, Geo maybe three if one is a Breath Wing.
Fun fact: bopping with a Rod will not snap people out of Confusion. Another confusion-attack will not snap people out of confusion.
At the end, I was lucky to get the confused Lenna paralysed (no need to bop her), and just went all-out. Damage is 200+ with the Main Gauche, 100+ with the Mage Mashers, so it doesn't take that long.

I did grind for about two levels, mostly way out/Mage Masher buying/back in, but I tried Mini Dragons...once, then decided that levels ultimately wouldn't do too much unless I really went all-out, and I didn't feel like that in the slightest. I think confidence in the front row was key, you will lose a prolonged battle no matter what.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

:stare:

The more I hear about the mobile version the more I'm glad I don't yet have enough surveybux for it.
I didn't know that this is mobile-specific, actually; I am not really into the deeper parts of FFV's mechanics, just the "lol Rapidfire Spellblade" ones. For me, this made sense (but not enough to not try) in the way that Rods are probably purely magical damage, and Confusion ending by being bopped probably was coded to trigger on physical damage (so you can pelt confused/controlled/sleeping enemies with spells at leisure), not on a Fight command (which is also good, that way a Tail or Claw or whatever by enemies could still snap your dudes out of it, and you can't Sleep someone and then Rapidfire their rear end forever).
As for Avis' Confusion-proccing attack (dunno about the name), I figured it just dealt damage first, then immediately applied Confusion again, not the other way round? Makes perfect sense again, because otherwise you couldn't Sleep- or Silence- lock enemies with Spellblade, after all.

Mobile is pretty valid to play on, with only a few annoyances. FFV is incredibly hard to gently caress up, even by Matrix. Though I do think the normal walk speed is kinda slow, Sprint makes it tolerable, but ofc I don't have Sprint now, and you can't really-fast-run ever. You can Sprint with a Chocobo and a Submarine though, that's logical. (it's a touch-button toggle that only appears if you have Sprint equipped/a Thief in the party - button never vanishes no matter what vehicle you use)

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

You can Steal one more pair of Thief's Gloves from a one-time enemy in the pyramids...and from the penultimate boss :downs:. Sorry!

Just killed World 2 Exdeath without taking a single point of damage. Doom had 6 seconds to go. Black Mage + Summoner is completely bonkers yo.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

One day, I will stop multi-casting -aga spells on my party juuust after Reflect wears off.

Still, that one last lame Dancer Shiva was enough, phew.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

So, Fork Tower with a caster team. I got a few ideas, but maybe I'm overlooking something obvious. I need to burn down Minotaur's 20k HP with Sword Dances, probably, and can only really use Equipment to make it somewhat possible...

Team is Dancer, Geomancer, Summoner, Black Mage.

I think with a Reflect Ring and Syldra power, Omniscient should be doable with a solo character, but I'm not incredibly sure; he can still kill me rather easily with Drain, right? If he is easy enough alone, then I could send three people on the other side, though I don't know if they will even help. Maybe just to toss healing.

Strongest attacking options are Chicken Knife and Assassin's Dagger, unless I am missing something. I haven't yet gone for Rainbow Dresses/Red Shoes, though I do have two Lamia's Tiaras; probably should do Phoenix first? Elven Mantles are possibly a better idea than any other accessory though, it's luck-based anyway.

Mirage Vest, maybe?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

djw175 posted:

You can Gaia against Minotaur.
Yes, and that casts Tornado on mobile most of the time. I don't think there is actually a chance of success?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

djw175 posted:

Oh you're on mobile. Sorry. Pretty much all my knowledge is based on the GBA.
No problem, of course. Actually, because of the removed level cap, Gaia has turned out spectacularily lovely for me; I've never seen so many failed reduce-to-single-digit-HP attacks. It's only really good in caves, one-hits most underground bosses with a casual cave-in :getin:.
But what would you have hoped for, Sonic Boom or another 1/4 max HP attack? Does that work? I mean, Tornado (or Twister in English, I guess) is not guaranteed, just far, far more common than I'd like.

Another Mobile thing to add to the pile btw...I was under the assumption that you could break Rods on your own party to Reflect the spell back? Can't seem to do that.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

I got 25 rods of each type. Think that'll be enough to last me until world 3?
I bought 10 of each and then broke exactly zero. I think it's completely superfluous to kill bosses in one break, when three people spamming boosted -aras can do the same if you hit a weakness. Unless you're doing a super solo extra challenge, I personally fail to see the point of rod breaking.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Bufuman posted:

Hmm, who gets my Chicken Knife here, the Thief with !Mug so that Thief can actually contribute to damage while the Ninja relies on other weapons, or the Ninja with a Twin Lance in the first slot while the Thief runs !Flee or !Blue?
Definitely Ninja, let the Thief !Throw poo poo.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Bufuman posted:

Hold on, I also have Black Mage (and Blue Mage). So if I'm going to use one of the two physical classes as an attacker and the other as a Thrower, wouldn't the best way to run that be to slap !Black on my Ninja for boosted Throw damage while the Thief runs Dual-Wield and Twin Lance + Chicken Knife?
I was thinking endgame boss terms, when Scrolls stop being useful altogether (even boosted). Then again, maybe against stuff like Necrophobe's Barriers...

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Poque posted:

Can I get Time Mage and Thief in every run? Holy gently caress, I love these classes.

So with regards to my Berserker, is it going to be a better endgame move to give her Two-Handed, Artful Dodger, or !Time 6? I can see valid uses of any of them, but I'm guessing Artful Dodger is the least useful.
For random encounters (on GBA at least), I could see Dodger to be superiour because the Berserker could actually act in a timely manner then. For bosses, I would guess that !Time makes the Rune Axe really shine, more than Two-Handed, but that should be an easy test to do...

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Second run done! This was incredibly easy overall. I had two losses to NED because Catoblepas just would NOT petrify the Almagest part (guess what happens when he fires it off, based on my max HP levels), then I wisely waited a bit before unleashing Odin...and he did, in fact, bounce his Delta Attack onto the vulnerable part :laffo:. Needed only two Elixirs to replenish MP on the non-Hairpin wearers.

Could have chosen a more fitting wearer of the Holy Dress of Style, but whatever. Dancer is not a particularly good or exciting job. I have it maxed on everyone, but am wearing Gold Hairpins x2 and the Geomancer NEEDS to be back-up Summoner (or useless, see in a bit), so Equip Ribbons is a wash. At least I found out at the 11th hour that one piece of Sword Dance equipment is enough (I thought I needed all three for max chance), so at least on person could wear the Ribbon. I dunno how much of a difference it made. 2x 10k damage with the Chicken Knife on the final boss between Summon recasts is absolutely nothing to sneeze at, though. I was happier with this than Chemist, because I am lazy (it was a 750 run), at the very least.

Of course, Summoner is ludicrously broken. Because of Golem, I didn't take a single digit of non-Sap-damage against NED, one Grand Cross instand death (Phoenix laughed) notwithstanding. Except for mass Syldra spam, my most-used Summon was Carbuncle, though, because of:

I never really appreciated just how ridiculously good Black Mages are. Quad-Reflect rod-boosted spells melted bosses up until the very last one, it just never stopped being completely amazing - many of them never got to do anything of worth before this insane assault of sheer numbers. And of course, until you get Carbuncle, you still murder everything with normal -aras (again, Rod-boosted). I broke only one rod (Garula) because the boosted -aras were quite enough at any point until I could do the truly ridiculous poo poo.

I was looking forward to Geomancer because free spells, why not, but sadly, this was a gigantic let-down. !Gaia on Mobile is almost completely worthless because you apparently get Twister 90% of the time, in pretty much any indoors area (aka every dungeon which is not a cave). Which leaves Heavy foes unfazed and misses on too much else, AND in random encounters it doesn't matter if one target dies with the next attack, because the next attack is BM and then Summoner boosted Syldra anyway. Maybe this would be more appreciated in a single-target team, but I don't really see it. There were a few really amusing Cave-In murders, though (it's single-target Meteor, or just about, easily hitting for 6k+ damage in World 1 already). That's about it, though. No problems with damage floors, woo...

I'm done for this year with two normal victories, it was a real blast, but for the next time I think I want a Chaos run or something and I will probably not do that on Mobile...let's see.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Capsaicin posted:

Are the Seal Crystals really vulnerable to instant death? I've had a zerker with Death Scythe banging on them for a while and nothing. :confused:
They definitely are.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Nasgate posted:

That's so obscenely slow on mobile though. Is there maybe a mob with a good drop to sell?
Auto-battle with Gold Needles on enemy and Mug got me three Twin Lances pretty timely (those also sell well). I don't think it's that bad, Auto-battle is pretty nice in general if you finally learn to not waste empty Phoenix Down turns because the last action is always repeated...

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Bregor posted:

I dunno why, but this cracks me up every time. :allears:
This is one of those examples of simply brilliant design that always elevate FFV for me above all other FFs. It's so brilliant and fun to pull off, and they even tell you that it's possible in the room with Apanda. The very deliberate setting and omitting of weaknesses with all bosses up to the final ones are simply beautiful. I didn't even know that part of NED can be stoned, but it goes STILL further - one part takes extra damage from Dragon Lances and you can steal one in the fight itself :allears:.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Modoh posted:

If catching a Crystelle/Thing for shell is too annoying and you're alright with putting summon on a bunch of guys you can spam Shoat/Catoblepas on the Almagest part (bottom right) until it works. Success rate is somewhere in the 10-15% range per cast depending on your level, but most of the time it'll work before Almagest gets cast.
I won by still having Carbuncle up, biding my time a little before Lamping the back part, and it reflected Delta Attack onto the Break-vulnerable part :haw:. My Catoblepas-Summoning didn't get through, but that sure did.

I finished two runs (NED only) on Mobile with about 20h each. Did all the sidequests in both, though. I'm patient and play while watching other stuff/commuting.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

So I started a third run even though I didn't plan on doing it, but whatever...

...Mystic Knight + Ranger so far :getin:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

So, I got Mystic Knight, Ranger, Samurai and Dancer in my Chaos run. The first two spell victory anyway, Samurai just adds to that even more and Dancer is boring as poo poo, also I had Samurai and Dancer before, so gently caress it. I job fair'd the last two into Blue Mage and Bard because might as well have fun, buuut it apparently didn't get processed correctly (or I did something wrong). Who do I message again (on twitter or otherwise)? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

Shoot a message to @revenantkioku. I had the same problem with the Job Fair and he fixed it in a few hours after he got the DM.
Sent the tweet, thank you!

• Locked thread