Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Soulcleaver posted:

This statement is almost always true, but isn't Khnum a straight up downgrade from Yellow Temperance? Then again, Khnum can change the user's scent and I don't know if Yellow Temperance could. Both of their users were morons, too, and that's the most important bit.

It also allows a person to change their size. It was pointed out by Rubber Soul that Jotaro did not notice that his Kakyoin disguise was getting larger and larger from the stuff Yellow Temperance was eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It should be noted that Dio was really close to killing him. He lost because a strand of Valentine's hair went under the train wheel they were fighting on. Had they been a few inches farther away from the train Dio would have lived and Valentine would have died.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wild Horses posted:

Yes but then you have stuff like narancia getting murdered and king crimson removing a hand during erased time.

The first showing of King Crimson like D4C does not really make sense with what it can do. But Narancia does work with what he can do. Here are lovely pictures showing how it worked.

Aka King Crimson uses it's super speed to quickly pop out of Mista Trish and toss Narancia into the air and skips time once he is in the air and retreats back into Mista Trish. He then repeatedly skips time so no one notices Narancia until he is fully dead. As they will continue to do what they would have done during the Skipped 10 seconds, but because they are not aware of what happens not they would not notice something like Narancia flying or screaming. They then discover his dead body.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bad Seafood posted:

Probably because he was hungry.

Is it that unbelievable he might've broken into Ringo's house looking for food?

No due to the entire murdering his family thing and trying to rape him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bad Seafood posted:

The first thing he does upon finding Ringo is complain he thought the house didn't have anything worth taking. Unkempt, wearing a uniform, he's most likely a deserter on the run (much like Ringo's own father who was caught, imprisoned, and died) looking for supplies. Yeah he killed Ringo's family and tried to sexually assault the kid, but he didn't break in with that express purpose. The soldier, starving, most likely found the farm and only saw Ringo's mother and sisters working it. He was surprised to find Ringo inside. He simply killed the rest of the family, so it's unlikely he was "Interested" in any of them. He was a big, strong man and they weren't, so he killed them and was tossing their house for food, maybe new clothes, anything useful.

At some point he found a potato and started eating it. Fugitives get hungry. Then he found Ringo and Ringo shot him.

And before he was shot attempted to rape the young boy. Because he was a piece of poo poo who murdered a family in order to loot their house.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

Kenny G was cooperating with Terence D'arby. He used Tenor Sax to make Terence look cool more than to actually help him win (probably because Terence's pride wouldn't allow him to cheat like that), but still.

It was largely to get them Betting with Terrance. Had Terrance just walked up to them he would have gotten his asskicked. It was pretty much to make them overestimate Terrance.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

I reread chapter 655 carefully, and you're right; it seems to be uncontrollable.

That's why DIO thought it was useless. If the user had any control over it, it would be very powerful and somthing worth keeping around.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Sakurai/Rohan's going to be in One Punch Man in 3 weeks (at a guess) as Zombieman, so that'll be an opportunity for a lot to get acquainted with the voice though I don't think he'll say a lot.

Koichi is Speed of Sound Sonic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ChaosArgate posted:

DIO is responsible for Mr. Nijimura becoming a blob-monster, which led to Keicho obtaining a bow and arrow (I think from Enyaba?) and standifying many people in the pursuit of someone who could kill Mr. Nijimura, so the first half's pretty much indirectly DIO's fault. The second half, not as much I don't think unless Old Man Kira was inspired by DIO somehow to get his own arrow.

There are Six known arrows all of which were acquired by Diavolo. Who sold all but one of them to Enya. One was used by Enya to awaken DIO (and by extension the Joestar Bloodline at the time) and a deal of his henchmen's stands. Another was Given to the Nijimura father by Enya. Enya also gave one to Kira Sr. Polneraff acquired one of DIO's at some point. And Diavolo gave his Arrow to Polpo to create stand users out of recruits. 6th one is an unkown other then the fact that Enya owned it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm gonna poo poo if this liveblogger has actually picked up on dio's whole thing from the 1:1 reference in dawn of sorrow

jesus christ

Huh could you explain this?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ah I had not looked at the other thread yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Naerasa posted:

Yeah the idea is that every Valentine that comes to our world with D4C is a different Valentine, but they're all driven by the same ethos and so they can drop seamlessly from one Valentine's place into another.

Plus they all having the same memories and personality.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's only like that for a few chapters anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember that Araki must have at least one Italian Character in each arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I was born the day after Shigechi''s Harvest part 1.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rent-a-Bot posted:

I was born on the day yoshikage kira hosed up.

Who knew that when you want to be an anonymous serial killer you don't shout out your real name in victory.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

Dude was in love with that phrase since he said it like five times.

Valantine even says it in ASB.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MelvinBison posted:

No, you're thinking of "amber waves of pain."

Nope. He says the winter catfish line if you do a Valantine mirror match.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

no they will not posted:

Six bullets is the worst thing to ever happen to anyone

Six Pistols would have worked way better and would have been more clever.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
1999 Bizarre Summer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zeruel posted:

Does Pucci know DIO is a century old vampire??

Yeah. Guy even told him he was allergic to Sunlight. When he first met him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I believe Whitesnake used it's illusion powers a few times.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's kind of silly the whole reason Joubin has been working with the Rock People is because he wants his family's fruit parlor to be a big deal and more powerful again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also loved that Norisuke's response to Joubin's complaints were. "We are a fruit shop. We don't need to be powerful."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I was born the day after Shigechi's Harvest started.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Poor Soundman.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FirstAidKite posted:

Near as I can tell, impromptu scuba tanks

I wonder if Iwasuke has a power. Or rather, I wonder if his power is to just kinda walk through walls since I think I remember seeing him do that. Assuming he's not dead yet, maybe that'll come in useful.

We saw him go into the dog house so he is still alive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Imagine how much of a clusterfuck that would be. I mean how would it even work?
WalKing Love (?), which makes Hato’s heels long.

WalKing Heart.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

Buccelati was also hit during the skipped time when he also saw himself. That's the main reason King Crimson is so confusing, it contradicted itself a lot in its initial fight.

I don't think he was. Diavolo just repositioned himself to murder him when the skip ended.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Six Pistols.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
While the movie is 2 years old at the point it was spoiled in the series. Lets remember the series was taking place in a prison and there was no way those girls watching it would have been able to see it else were.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Sorry I am stupid.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
What the gently caress was going on this chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have a lot of Love for Black Sabbath.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Or how he spits on Giorno’s face or whatever through the glass somehow then immediately after has to use a little door/window to pass the lighter to him.

He never spits on Giorno's face.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the Baby Face fight. It is gross however.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

All I remember about the Baby Fave fight is the user creeping on a girl and making a baby monster with a computer. What was the creepy part again

Edit: leaving the baby face typo because Baby Fave should be the dub name

Probably the part where the baby monster exploded out of her and turned her into cubes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FirstAidKite posted:

It's too bad la squadra didn't know the intent of bruno's gang or else they could have worked together

Risotto Nero got robbed

Well they were kind of assholes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

So it wasn't quite clear, did Bruno actually cure Narancia's eye disease or just the eye infection?

He just had an infection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I feel like Illuso could have won his confrontation if he at least had the foresight to bring a gun into the mirror world. I forgot that Moody Blues bodied his Stand.

Illuso has pretty much the perfect stand user assassination tool he had a lot of right to be confident. He only lost in the end cause Giorno is a crazy fucker.

Like I can think of like two Stand Users Illuso would not have been able to defeat.