Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Holy poo poo, the bumper sticker is bad enough but they're taking up 5 parking spaces. It's like they're daring someone to key their truck.

I'd try something like this to teach them a lesson but they'd probably just end up shooting me.

http://gawker.com/parking-jerk-taught-a-valuable-lesson-about-not-taking-977196808

Also it's something you only do when the other car is at least as nice as yours.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Where did you get this stupid idea? Taking up two spots is never ok, blocking their driver side door is probably the most tame "lesson".

If their car is less nice than yours, it greatly increases the chances that they'll slam their doors into you or scrape you on the way out.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LordArgh posted:

the mountain is cool and all, but calling it a pyramid is sensationalist bullshit. that cnn article even refers to it as a "structure", implying it was made by some kind of intelligence. science journalism is poo poo.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Structural+Geology

quote:

The term “structure” is understood in structural geology to mean the spatial arrangement of rocks and of bedding irregularities resulting primarily from diastrophism. The principal task of structural geology is to investigate the external appearance (morphology) of structural forms, the kinematic processes of the displacement of matter that lead to the formation of structures, and the dynamic conditions (the arrangement and nature of the applied forces causing deformation) involved.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Gazpacho posted:

Attack of the 500-Foot Jesus

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A police officer was ambushed and shot in St. Louis yesterday (he lived).

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Naylenas posted:

What happened in 2005?

Kelo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Did that guy's shins get shot off in the war?

Anyway, Jeb! supports are troops

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Screenshots from the leader of the Jade Helm resistance movement's Facebook before he took it down:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Accretionist posted:

OBESITY RATE by state and year:

I miss those scary, foreign grocery stores.

In Italy, "fast food" would be something like this from one of the every-twenty-miles highway rest stops:

Meanwhile, in Horrors of American Food Science:

Actually, in Italy, "fast food" would be something like this:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Elendil004 posted:

I don't think we have enough bullets to kill everybody who could fight us China.

The US spends 4x what China does on the military and has a much smaller population. If we can't find enough bullets for all of them, that means that they probably can't even feed their own, much less fully equip.

There was someone posting a while back who said that the parade soldiers and weapons aren't even functional or trained - they do nothing but train for parades and the actual military gets like 5 bullets a year for target practice.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Puppet Master posted:

The boomers literally sucking the blood out of the younger generation.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Rand alPaul posted:

This was posted on a friend's wall by a Baby Boomer who was making a really bad argument that Millennials are responsible for the position they're in today. :smugdog:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Klaus88 posted:

That is not a commissar, THIS is a commissar. :commissar:

That is not a commissar, THIS is a commissar.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Koramei posted:

wtf kind of question is that anyway though

(it's a parody account)

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Scratch Monkey posted:

"Black people not wanting to be harassed and murdered by the police are totally ruining my property values you guys!"

When will we recognize who the true victims are?

Also,

quote:

The real estate market actually improved following the riots in most parts of metro St. Louis. Home sales in the region were up 12.8 percent in the first half of this year compared with a year earlier, according to figures from the St. Louis Association of Realtors. That mirrors a national trend toward recovering sales and prices after a weak year in 2014.

Home sales were up only 2 percent in north St. Louis County, but that market was trailing the rest of the region even before the trouble. In Ferguson itself, 15 homes sold in the first half of this year, down from 18 a year earlier.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:allears:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, probably. One thing I never understood from day one is: Why are you even staying in the U.S.A.? The cops let him off with the whole self defense thing in the beginning. After every racist black power group put hits out on him and it was getting where everyone was wanting to hunt him down, why not leave?

Nah, imma hang out in this country.

Well he does have his own posse to protect him.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

C.M. Kruger posted:

The USS Texas (the only remaining dreadnought) is in a similar sorry state. Supposedly they're still plugging holes in the hull with rags and the plans to place her in a dry berth have apparently been shelved due to a lack of money.

Too bad it doesn't have the original lattice masts and superstructure.

I've toured the Mikasa and I wish they had restored the interior to original, to get an idea of what life on those old ships was like

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's a cool picture from 10-15 years ago but nobody loving wears pants like this anymore you dusty out of touch cracker

As an inner city school teacher I can tell you that sagging is either still a thing or a thing again. Sorry.

picture unrelated.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

frankenfreak posted:

For everyone else who looks at that t-shirt and wonders what it says about conservatism:

Their name gives me hope.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Interesting.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

goose fleet posted:

Pope Francis probably made Boner realize what a piece of poo poo he was

He was also crying during the whole papal speech

I think some of it might be that the fulfillment of his 20 year dream of successfully inviting the Pope to address Congress saw members of his own party and faith snub the Pope for being a filthy liberal.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Honj Steak posted:

I suspect that one side of these numbers is adjusted for inflation whilst the other isn't. Which makes the CEO number even more outrageous, though.

Yeah, it's still dishonest as gently caress though.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hooded Reptile posted:

Should Obama declare state of emergency for Chicago over gun violence?

Since the first of the year, nearly 2,400 people have been shot -- more than 350 killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECGCoo3Ogxg&feature=youtu.be

Why doesn't anyone protest black on black violence? :derp:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Volcott posted:

Protip: one worked within the system, the other released unredacted documents into the ether and hosed off to Russia.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SedanChair posted:

shamelessly posting my own edit

lol, "hare krishna" tombstone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

WarpedNaba posted:

If African states can demand reparations from the States, can the UK demand reparations from the Nordic countries for the constant enslavement we suffered at their hands in the Dark Ages?

Dunno, is the government of the UK still being exploited and manipulated by Nordic business and political interests?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kavak posted:

I'm pretty sure he got that from Civilization II or III, the pyramids counted as a granary for each city in them.

It was an early Medieval idea. They didn't know what the pyramids were so they jumped to conclusions based on the story in the Bible about Joseph overseeing storage of food in Egypt to last for a 7 year famine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

KazigluBey posted:

Mizzou hysteria peaked as reports of the KKK storming the campus proved to be bunk. loving lol

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-truth-emerges/

Of course, not before a teacher was forced to resign for not canceling an exam held during the peak of the hoax:

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6971

School did not accept the resignation, but again loving lol @ this all, loving clown shoes.

• Locked thread