Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You're criticizing a facet of a game I like? H...how dare you

This is some chickenshit garbage that I could easily turn around. You said something stupid, deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The worst part about this lovely port is that there's essentially no way it can ever really be "fixed" unless they recode the entire game from scratch and there's no way in hell they'll do that :(

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Opinionated posted:

:goonsay:

Seriously though what?

I seriously fail to see how that's goonsay at all, it's not like they can just remove the NVIDIA stuff and recode the engine with a snap of their fingers. Programming isn't magic.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 24, 2015

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I haven't seen destructible physics in a game this good since Red Faction Guerilla.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I don't understand people who say the car handles poorly. Have you never played a racing game? Are you trying to stay in one lane instead of plowing through anything and everything?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

It's pretty funny how much they try to keep who the Arkham Knight is a secret. The game actually blocks the stream off for the fight with the Knight. The only other time that I think it does this is the endings.

That is the most astoundingly stupid thing I've ever heard.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

And in terms of actual bad PC releases, Knight's eclipses Origins to a frankly ridiculous degree and no amount of 'it was ported by an outside developer' will change that or excuse that. It would only matter if you were talking about Rocksteady being at fault for it. Otherwise it only matters if you're trying to fanboy-wank about how you can't hold the game responsible for having a lovely port.

That's literally what he was saying, he was responding to someone else saying that Rocksteady's reputation is taking a hit from the PC port.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The batmobile is the GTA 4 car handling of this game. Only noobies hate it.

Pretend I empty quoted this.

Game is great. Bat mobile owns. Sorry PC players, hope your issues get fixed soon.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 27, 2015

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Did we ever find out what the big secret hint towards their next project was in City? Rocksteady said that the "City of Fear" boat apparently wasn't the only one.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I can't even begin to describe how much the double dash upgrade helps for the cloudburst fight.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

Also, you should know that you and ImpAtom white knighting everything and anything that someone might find issue with the game has gotten old. A LOT of people have voiced displeasure with the Batmobile. Just because you and 5 other goons liked it doesn't mean it's perfect and anyone who doesn't like it is just poo poo.

I think the Batmobile is amazing to drive in and handles really well, so it's a lot more than just "5 other goons." At the worst you could describe it as "divisive."

Also ImpAtom's been pretty critical of the game, are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

Well, he's also a playable character in challenge modes. They put a lot of work into him, though. He definitely doesn't reuse animations from any characters in Arkham City or anything, because that would be dumb.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here because Deathstroke in Arkham Origins is made almost entirely out of reused Robin and Ra's Al Ghul animations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Just because that one was worse doesn't make this one good. It's like going "well last time they broke all my fingers and toes, but this time they just did my fingers." Like yeah, that's better, but it still loving sucks.

The issue is that there was not nearly this much whining and moaning when Arkham City hit with its ridiculous amount of Riddler challenges. It's only now popping up for some reason.

Like, you guys think this poo poo is bad, you obviously didn't play Origins (though that's a good move on your part.) Not only were there 200 of the fuckers, they also removed every challenge that wasn't a trophy. No scanning easter eggs, no lining up question marks, no nothing.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

el oso posted:

Very interested in seeing where the franchise goes from here. This did feel like the end of this style of Batman games, though I would not be surprised if/when the sequel is announced. How much more can you milk out of the combat/predator/open world sections of this series? I've loved all the time I've spent on the Arkham games but another entry of the same (but tweaked) gameplay won't interest me.

If Arkham Origins was any indication, you can sure as gently caress count on WB Montreal not changing or experimenting with anything!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Any word on when season pass owners will start getting poo poo? Locking a ton of fun stuff behind pre-orders was stupid as gently caress and I feel like I am missing out on Batman dress up.

No idea when the rest of the poo poo pops up but the pre-order stuff apparently isn't coming out for everyone until November.

It's entirely possible that Rocksteady's assistance with the PC version disaster is delaying DLC.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

For all the poo poo I give Origins, the boss fights were an overall improvement, even if they didn't have a Mr. Freeze fight equivalent.

*charges you, bounces off wall, charges you again before your "getting off the ground" animation is finished*

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
People who say that the freeze grenade is useless are weird because it's pretty easily the most overpowered gadget in any Batman game. You can essentially put an entire dude on pause for like a full minute.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Man of Steel was good. Batman '66 was also good.

It's almost like you guys are inventing weird fictional people to argue with.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

Does the Batmobile ever get the ability to power winch two things at once?

Nope. Which one are you stuck on?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

Right. So everything you just said is awful and I'd like you to stay away from Rocksteady and DC Comics in any creative capacity. Thank you for your time.

Actually he's right, and you've spent this entire thread being a turd.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Every comic should be completely self contained with zero continuity.

:agreed:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ghouldaddy07 posted:

What was the Goon concensus on the Mr Freeze DLC for Origins?

It's better than Origins itself.

Ice ray thugs are ffffffucking dumb though.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

The game's story is about Batman's guilt over what happened to The Joker and his resulting internal struggle. It's not about Scarecrow's plan or the Arkham Knight at all. In that regard, it's a brilliant story and rounds off the trilogy as a fully told tale

The problem is that they put WAY too much emphasis on the least important elements, which are no where near as interesting or entertaining. They also decided to make a big mystery about AK, which did nothing but make people focus on how obvious it was.

It would make perfect sense with the theory that Batman basically knows who AK is but refuses to acknowledge it/is in denial. It would explain why he sends Alfred on a wild internet goose chase to distract him from the truth he already knows.

But then they block recording of the AK boss fight/reveal on the PS4 version and I don't know what their intentions would be other than thinking it actually IS a even halfway-decent twist.

I'll agree with the guy earlier who said that Hamill returning as Joker was a way bigger/better twist than AK's identity.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Riddler's identity finally revealed as Andrew W.K.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dogen posted:

Also I just played through City again and the recommendation in game for "high" physx is a 9800 gt so whoever's card can't handle that today needs to get their poo poo together.

Yeah I think Arkham Knight's PC version is giving people brown-colored glasses for the first few games because Asylum and City had great PC ports. I ran Asylum on all max settings at 60fps with a 9800gtx and City on max 60fps with a 560ti. Well, for City I turned off the DX11 stuff, but that stuff is universally hosed considering I replayed it before Knight came out with my current 770 and it still chugged.

Origins, as much as I poo poo talk that game, didn't have a particularly bad PC port outside of its bugginess either, it's pretty well optimized unlike Knight. It's also maybe the best looking game on my PC.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Having played it today, I can safely say I was not just making poo poo up for no reason in my post about physX. It's not a problem with Arkham Asylum, it's a problem with proprietary poo poo like physX. With physX off I never dip below the 60 fps cap in either Asylum or City.

I would hope not, considering they're six/four years old.

When I say "Max settings," I'm including PhysX. What's your card?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

CJacobs posted:

They did, yes. Two Face's, I think batmobile conversation maybe, is a bit heartwarming in a weird way.

Nothing changes about Hush's except for one line Bruce says to Lucius, though.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

They've never said this. People keep misinterpreting the Fall release of the SteamOS, Linux, and Mac versions as applying to the Windows version as well.

Sober also genuinely believes the "the game wasn't QA tested to keep the story secret" rumor so it's safe to say he just doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The worst game news site on the internet says anonymous people told them a ridiculous thing.

'Kay.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mr E posted:

I don't believe I'll be buying another Rocksteady or WB game.

What does Rocksteady have to do with a PC port they didn't develop or have a say in the release of?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hah, just found out that militia guys have unique responses if you stand right behind them while you let their Detective Mode scanners detect you.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I'm reading up on some new DC stuff and holy gently caress what did they do to the Joker and who is to blame for making him some edgy high school nihilist philosopher's wet dream

The continual and marketable public misinterpretation of Ledger's Joker.

SonicRulez posted:

I'm sorry, is Serious House on Serious Earth not the one where Clayface is an allegory for AIDS, Maxie Zeus is obsessed with poo poo, and Two Face can't even use the bathroom without his coin?

All that owns and Two-Face's arc is the best part of the book. It's one of the few Batman stories that actually tries to treat him sympathetically post-face scarring.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I was semi interested in New 52 and it might have got me to start reading comics again and then I saw Joker cutting off his own face and realized (again) that comics will never ever change.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Gotham is quite possibly the worst show on TV right now.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dogen posted:

They didn't really, it's a big part of the problems with the PC release since it's accomplished by texture streaming, which is hosed up and their shoddy solution to was to slap a 30 fps limit on the game and hope it worked out somehow

rofl @ this post

You know what else is accomplished by texture streaming? Pretty much every game since 2008.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Have these Joker panels I enjoyed

If anyone is wondering, this is from "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" by Neil Gaiman, which is totally great.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

The quick answer I can think of for how Harley navigates is that in every incarnation she's lauded as a very capable gymnast. I imagine she wouldn't have a problem navigating like Catwoman, given her acrobatics in Arkham Asylum.

You'd then have to figure out climbing points for every surface in the game like they did in AC, which would be a significantly larger magnitude of work.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Challenge maps are probably the one legitimate complaint about Arkham Knight and I have no idea why they just got totally jettisoned.

Sefton Hill has been saying poo poo like "I agree!" to people who ask where all the challenge maps went so who knows though

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

They are selling the challenge rooms as DLC. They're part of the season pass.

Where have they said this? So far all they've said about the season pass is that it's three "Arkham Episodes," Batmobile skins and races, character skins, and the pre-order bonuses.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
People seem to confuse enemies who tackle you and enemies who grab you from behind.

Not sure why, considering one has red counter marks and the other blue. It's actually probably better to let the blue ones grab you because that's a free like what 3 combo hits?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So the hot new rumor now is that the motherfucking Predator will be a DLC mission down the line.

I'm 90% sure is utter bullshit but how cool would be to reenact the Batman VS Predator comicbook? :allears:

Where'd you hear this? All I could find was a GameFAQs thread of "wouldn't it be cool if."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

I think i'd rather wait until those (loving) cunts (that knew) at rocksteady fix the port, to be honest. Everybody knows at this point.

Even if Rocksteady knew there's literally zero things they could do about it. It's entirely WB's decision.

• Locked thread