Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TheManSeries posted:

All the leaks kinda bum me out a bit. I'll say this, I won't buy a season pass but I'd die for a Batman Beyond dlc.

yeah, I was kinda hoping the 4chan leaks were real. Oh well, game still looks pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Reason posted:

sad its not gordon in robot suit

I am sad its not a bruce clone commanded by waller or Ra's al Ghul or just some random dude. Jason just seemed on the nose to be him, it just seems kinda lazy but then again the context might be pretty good. who knows.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I found this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

"Feature creep" is probably the best way I've seen the Batmobile described.

Does there look to be much replay value or is there simply a poo poo load of content in the main game to begin with?

Yeah, thats pretty much what i have been hearing. Its not bad and it controls pretty well, but its overused and feels forced.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

Almost done with the main story thread. My only major complaint is that there are a lot of "puzzles", usually Batmobile or gliding-centric, where I know what they're asking me to do and I just can't make it happen with the physics/controls. I get it eventually, but it doesn't feel very badass to smack the Batmobile face-first into walls a dozen times before I succeed.

Batman is incredibly stiff in dialogue scenes. Just because the cowl didn't allow for head movement in the movies doesn't mean the CG game character can't move even a little.

Swapping between Robin and Bats and picking off enemies while they trade one-liners is fantastic, and I want a lot more of it.

yeah, batman has always been stiff in the arkham games. though he was a little better in origins. So i am not surprised.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Calaveron posted:

You know what I think the plot in this game s gonna be retarded and cliched and comic books and video games are a medium for stupid babies but goddamn do I love when they do poo poo like what happened to those guns.

agreed. all the arkham plots were dumb, but they were never bad dumb in my opinion. this seems keeping in that trend.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I hope Mr. Freeze shows up.

They're the Batman the Animated Series-style dumb, where literally everything else falls into place so perfectly that the dumb doubles back into cool.

yeah. pretty much. its the animated series if it were slightly darker and in a more modern setting.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

Just finished the main storyline. The way they handled Joker stuff was really sweet. Arkham Knight stuff was pretty poorly written (cribbed), but it was just a supporting thread anyway.

how was the rest of the story/side missions?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

They were okay. Penguin/Two-Face/Man-Bat were pretty short. I like how hard Firefly tries. :3:

Yes. Batman/Joker is the real story.

Sweet awesome. The ending of the Joker plot... ho boy. It becomes a first-person fear-based shooter where you play as Joker trapped inside Batman's psyche.

There's a Joker song/dance number, and a Jokermobile with a weapon named "The Killing Joke."

both of those sound pretty awsome

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

So Rocksteady is moving on from Batman after this, right?

Should we brace ourselves for yearly sequels from WB Montreal and whatever developer they grab for the even years?

Ehh. WB is smarter then your average publisher. My guess is they wont just poo poo out batman/dc games like AC or COD. My guess is later this year or next year the arkham sucide squad game will be announced. or it will be another prequel.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

How do I find the last fireman on bleake. I have been loving about for an hour or so.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

So i just got the lead that Penguin has Babs How far am i in the main story. I have mostly been messing around with side quests and stomping thugs.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Firefly's burning down firehouses, oh my GOD Pyg, Two-Face is simultaneously robbing banks and ending corruption, jesus CHRIST Pyg, Riddler has dug elaborate Mario Kart tracks because Batman made him look bad to his internet friends, holy poo poo Pyg...

gently caress the firefly missions. i cant keep the drat batmobile on his rear end without the car hitting the one thing in its path that isn't destructible. same with the APC poo poo. How can a lovely apc go faster then the loving batmobile.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ghostwritingduck posted:

Batman straight up kills people in this game unless electrocuting people protects them as you run them over.

The electricution thing has always been a part of the batmoble. its an anti-hijack device.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Holy poo poo, this game has terrible loving boss fights. why do i have to fight jason first in fear gas shagohod and then in giant loving drill. How do i beat the drill, whose idea was it to make this awful poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Got past it but that fight sucks rear end. anything moment where you are under pressure in car mode sucks rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

So I finally beat the game and i have to admit it was drat good game and great send off of the rocksteady trilogy. It had issues mostly being in the fact that the arkham knight plot line was kinda crappy and the driving was either fun as hell or annoying as hell. The story had some really great moments and I can never listen to i've got you under my skin the same way again. I am curious what WB is going to do with the franchies or if that sucide squad game will get made.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flytrap posted:

There was a comic where some henchmen working for the Riddler found one of his plans, and then decided to go through with it but skipping the part where they leave clues behind.

The heist went perfectly and they got off totally scot-free, never to be found out.

There was also the time when the Riddler himself tried to do it without riddles but found that he subconsciously left some behind without noticing. He ends up putting himself back in Arkham because he realizes that he actually is crazy.

didnt he reform for awhile and become sorta of Sherlock Holmes kinda detective.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Chasiubao posted:

Does anyone else think Nightwing looks stupid with the headsock thing as opposed to the domino mask?

yeah it does.

wut?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

check the date yo

interesting.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so this has been floating around today. I am pretty sure its fake, but you never know. I am pretty sure they are working on another arkham game or the arkham suicide squad game.

Edit: yeah its probaly fake. I think its just the injustice model.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 5, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

I sort of hope Rocksteady is able to break free of WB's superhero machine and make something original or at least different. They're so drat talented I'd hate for them to be the dev that spends its entire lifespan iterating on what they started in Asylum and nothing more.

Same. I want to see what kind of original IP they can make. Or remake urban chaos, though i dont think you could get away with making an urban chaos game now a days.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

well poo poo, maybe their is a superman game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

How is the dlc? is it any good?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The idea is Eddie's trying to clean himself up and seem superior for his broadcasts, when in reality he's degenerated way further than any of the previous games.

i kinda wish after each challenge, he would degenerate more and more as the game progressed. like he would look worse each time he showed up on the projection.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sober posted:

WB Montreal is probably up to bat already (no pun intended). Another Batman game announcement before the end of the year even.

that or the suicide squad game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Deadshot's been an antihero for a while, hence the mildly functional relationship he had with Harley.

Also Will Smith could give the character some much need charisma.

this. they also got the costume right. I hope he is actualy good in it. He hasn't been that great of late, ever since he started pushing his sons "acting" career.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

redbackground posted:

Next Tuesday.

edit: New Arkham Insider showing the '89 racetracks.

edit2: I take that back, the video is 80% Robin fighting an AR Challenge in an enclosed space wheeee. Just stop watching when it starts, not a single interesting thing happens for the rest of the video.

edit3: added an apostrophe for poptart_fairy's sanity

edit4: The Keatonmobile kind of looks more like a tiny plastic toy than I was expecting.

seems like you probaly cant use the keatonmobile out side the track. :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I feel bad that this is the only batman game i cant bring myself to play through a second time. its mostly because of all the boring car poo poo. and the fact that it feels like a ubisoft open world game(TM) except even less alive.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

So apperently WB publishing is going to continue making arkham games. before knight i would have been mad with not-rocksteady batman, post knight, i dont mind so much.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I pity the dev team that has to work around Arkham's continuity

ehh. its 10 years. just have a bunch of vilians+batman+threat to city+joker=arkham

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The tech problems with the launch of AK have explicitly been because not-rocksteady handled the port.

i dont even mean the tech problems.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I am honsetly curious what the gently caress happend to Arkham knight in development that made it turn this crappy. the first 2 were great. and origins was pretty good at points. My biggest issues is there are very few good scripted moments/fights/stealth. it just felt to Ubisoft open world TM. that and too much poo poo with the car. all the terrible moments in knight had the car involved.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

According to reports Rocksteady had an absurdly hard time creating the open world and getting it to run well. They got it working (more or less) properly on consoles but only after a huge delay.

i can see that. its not even the technical problems i am dissipointed in(well them too). its how none of the stuff realy flows together well. in arkham city, you see the different gangs move around the city as the story progressed or as the world changed. that doesn't really happen much in knight, hell you barely fight penguin or two-face. I thought the whole story was going to be all the heavy hitters uniting to kill batman, but nope they kinda just do there own thing and thats it. the stealth feels to "actiony" and there are not enough big fist fights. and it doesnt help that all the dlc so far except for the batgirl one has been meh. the new cars would be awesome if you could actually use them in game.(yeah i know you can, but its boring because they dont have guns.)

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 4, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Human Crouton posted:

Mr. Freeze was the only great fight in the Arkham series.

I enjoyed Ra's al Ghul, Solomon Grundy, and Clayface through. They weren't anything special, but they were 3 out of the 4 real boss battles in the series.

i sorta liked Deathstrokes, its kinda wonky, but its cool looking once you get the hand of it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

surc posted:

Jeeze you guys are pretty invested in not enjoying this game.

In the last page, people have complained about the game having:

1)A new mechanic
2)A popular old mechanic
3)A large variety of batman villains

If you spent most of Arkham Knight in the batmobile, then I'm sorry you don't know how to glide and use the grappling hook, but that's kind of on you. :shrug:

And yes, I'm saying that Rocksteady should be praised for trying new boss fight mechanics after 3 games of the same boss fight mechanics. I was not aware that liking developers trying new things was a revolutionary concept.

E: Me enjoying the boss fight is also a separate thing than me thinking it is good for a developer to try new things. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm glad they did it, and I'm also glad that I think it did work in this instance.

I mean, you could just pretend there aren't trophies at the end of the puzzles, if that prevents you from enjoying puzzles, I guess? Or are you legitimately mad that they put too many optional mini-games in for people who enjoy mini-games?

your not wrong, I do think people are to an extent too overly critical of the game. but at the same time it feels like for every step forward, they took 2 back.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Paused posted:

As I understood it, unlike the various skins for the vanilla car, the new Batmobiles, are new vehicles outside of lacking a battle mode right? Different handling, speeds, acceleration and the like?

Also it seems both the 'new' Harley and Red Hood skins are being released, rather than one or the other. Which to me, somewhat felt that should have just happened anyway, but I guess they got a bunch of tweets or whatever out it so goody for their attempts at PR.

yep. you cant use them if there are tanks still on any of the islands.

l33t b4c0n posted:

This is a pretty good analogy honestly. The core elements we all love are still there, but some of the new stuff just distracts from it so much that it becomes not fun.

Now we need a Red Hood game analogous to Shadow the Hedgehog in terms of EDGINESS. Hell, Shadow even had pistols.

at the core the arkham games were always very metroidvania esc games. much like the new tomb raider, or (obiviously) metroid. they were openish linear adventures. Now it feels like an eh open world game that feels weirdly empty. the linear sections feel kinda of crappy outside a few moments (beginning, blimps) and the car is a massive mixed bag.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

l33t b4c0n posted:

For me, it's not just the tank battles. The whole plot and pacing of the game just feels... off. I can't really explain it exactly, but the tank battles are just the most easily identifiable symptom of it. I guess I'd add in the lack of any really proper (non-tank) boss fights, or even a proper end boss at all. The game ends with an extended interactive cutscene playing out inside of Batman's mind. Which is cool - but as Batman I want a fight where I can finally subdue the big baddie. There's no Scarecrow fight. There's no real Joker fight. The best fight we get in the base game is Riddler.

The game adds a ton of new features with lots of potential - and yes that would include even the Battank - but it just seems like it fails to use any of them to their potential. It mires about in an awkward plot about Jason Todd which has nothing really to do with Scarecrow's goal which has nothing really to do with the Joker-blood plot. It's a visually stunning masterpiece with no real substance behind it, and I think the wasted potential is what bothers me the most. It COULD have been a great game.

this. their arnt enough fist fights, the stealth sections suck now because they are way too big. the tank is meh and the city feels lifeless even when its crawling with goons. the story is a mixed bag. their are no good substories and the side missions sucked. I wanted two-face and penguin to actually try to kill you like the trailers said. the sidemissions are either way to short or way to long and all of them are repetitive as poo poo. honestly its my biggest disappointment of 2015.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so we know montrial is making a sucide squad game, probaly set in the arkham universe. plus another dc game, maybe another arkham.

and now apperently rocksteady is making another one too. any ideas what any of the next arkham games will be?

if i were to guess the arkham game that montrial is doing. its going batmans first encounter with ra's al ghul and talia.

no idead about the rocksteady one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

https://youtu.be/pEXmZUtzacU

Yo this remaster looks like garbage

parts do, parts don't. ill still pick it up if it isnt glitchy. anyway 5:17-21 you can see they are adding thug model variety.

• Locked thread