Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
A new day is dawning,

Hungry Harvey yet remains.

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

psymonkey posted:

I want Chrono Trigger content so bad in this game. Magus Castle Dungeon/Raid, ehhh??? Tyranos Lair? Black Omen?? Come on SE!!
Frog mask, Nu minion. And Gato in the new Battle Square in the Saucer, featuring timed raid bosses with various conditions for BIG PRIZES. That would be swell.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Got in, checked my retainers, won a Typhon GATE, got booted. Kind of like a normal morning, to be honest.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
The FC workshop plays the gathering leve music. I'm going to live here from now on.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Meldonox posted:

Close the thread until the all life is over qtiyd.
Edit: except for me and my wonderful screenshots:

Yda throwing shade:

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 19, 2015

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also another thing of note is that it's really, really weird being in a guild of 500+ people. In FFXI, people in your ls would wave to you whenever you walked by and would say hello when you logged on. In this, I kinda don't bother because I see about a million goons I don't know wherever I go. It's almost like a small town vs. a big city kinda thing. In the country, you generally nod and wave to strangers, but if you do that in the city, people look at you like a weirdo.
I like to run in circles around FC mates when I see them in the wild, but I also /cheer for strangers when they level up or catch a big fish near me. It's nice to be nice.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
It was nice while it lasted, but the bots are returning and the gil sellers are whispering.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
We want to fly when we first enter new zones.
What? No.
Can we have faster ground mounts?
Faster flying mounts? Good idea.

There's a lot of other good stuff in the Live Letter, but that was particularly amusing.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Nekrews posted:

My game time from buying the game runs out tomorrow.

What I'm saying is: someone hook me up with a recruit-a-friend code for goodies! I can pop it in before I sub.
Check out this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726688

But also use mine: PK45ZQ2J

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
When you get kicked you have a montage where Jandelaine fixes your style and you let your hair down and take off your glasses, then it puts you back into the same party.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Sentient Data posted:

When I was leveling my thm near uldah I witnessed 2 bots literally flying around to their targets during a fate (up in the air, moving faster than timing speed, then landing at a mob that they attack right away), might be related to that

Will see if my ps4 recorded it, I tried to save the video clip but not positive if it captured that part
Bots have been able to do that for a long time, so I doubt that's it. In fact, just today I saw bots in Ul'Dah caught in a loop of running forward, disappearing, falling from the sky to land with a thud and then starting over again.

Boten Anna posted:

We weren't able to avoid the first sisters phase (not sure if you can?) but it was super easy to kill her before the sisters came out again.
You were able to skip from opening to sisters in 2.x, so I think that might be a required step in the fight.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Are we still posting glamours and stuff?

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Edit: somehow didn't notice I posted the same thing twice

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 17, 2015

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Minrad posted:

Is it Blacksmith that has the awesome Locke helmet? Cuz that's one of my favorites in the entire game.
That's the Goldsmith turban. Blacksmith gets these goggles.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
But is it pronounced SEH-sil or SEE-sil?

Or is it ... suh-SEEL?

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Is there a place I can read about the Alex loot system cos it sounds convoluted as gently caress.
Normal Alex: There are 4 floors, each of which drops various items that can be turned in for loot in Idyllshire. You can only take one piece per floor per week. Each floor drops two chests.

That's it. The people outlining the optimal loot path, etc., are outlining which pieces to get from where to provide the theoretical fewest runs possible for them. In practice, this means little as statics are running each floor way too many times to get everyone the pieces they need.

The breakdown of floors/parts is like this:

Bolt x1 = Accessory
Chain x1 = Belt
Pedal x2 = Feet
Crank x2 = Hands
Lens x2 = Head
Spring x4 = Legs
Shaft x4 = Chest

So, you have people who are only doing Shaft from Alex 4, aiming to get the Chest after 4 weeks, meaning that any run in which Crank & Spring drop does not benefit them. Similarly, if three people in a group want Shaft from A4 and two drop, at least one more A4 has to be done.

It's not convoluted, per se, just stupid and wasteful.

Edit: If that wasn't white noise enough, You Won't Believe What This Rock Did!

Click Here to See 13 Shocking Rocks!

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 17, 2015

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

kharaa posted:

should i go vit or str for my crafting classes
Stack Vitamins on CUL.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Failboattootoot posted:

It is strange to me. I have not done it.
A CP total of, let's say, 340 gets a ton of use from popping a second Comfort Zone when the first drops.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

HelloPlatypus posted:

ALC gets Comfort Zone at 50 and that's pretty key, but other than that ALC really just owns because so many different classes use compenents from it.
ALC in HW is absolutely essential. Holy Water, [stat] Dissolvent, glues. It is madness.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

ilifinicus posted:

there are jails in this fight on savage
:getin:

(and then presumably :frogout:)

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

TooManyUzukis posted:

The space for glamour gear alone is worth it.
If you don't have multiple retainers dedicated to storing your costumes, I don't know what to tell you.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Pews posted:

whats the mogstache from?
Christmas event.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
It's pretty good.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
This is perfect. Congratulations!

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
That's the problem with these trolls today, no artistry, no panache.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Is there a 'best' GC for pvp on excal? I'm twin adders and we win frontlines maybe one out of five times.
Each GC will argue that they are the winning team, but the reality is that they all are terrible. This isn't for lack of trying or organization; they all have PvP LSes and can produce results when going in as premades. However, you will find more than one person per team per match is "just here for esos whatever lol".

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Holyshoot posted:

So you could go into the new pvp map with a premade and destroy pubbies?
In as much as 8 people out of 24 can win against 48.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

nuru posted:

DoW/DoM retainers care only about ilvl. DoL retainers care only about Gathering skill.
Is this still true? I've been sending my MIN/BTN retainers out more or less constantly, but I don't think they've brought back any HQs.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

nuru posted:

(at least at 50, this may have changed at 60).
Your information was correct before Heavensward, but it may not be accurate now. The Gathering requirements for ventures were greatly reduced for all DoL jobs, which leads me to believe there were other internal changes as well. Based on my experience, Perception now plays a larger role in gathering HQ materials (through hourly ventures) than before. Large enough that I still haven't received HQ mats.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

nuru posted:

Someone could check pretty easily by just slapping Serpentskin gear and updated weapons on a retainer and sending a bunch of 1 hour ventures out.
Dressing one in my actual gathering set returned an HQ item, so Perception has probably been normalized and I could stand to dress my guys up a bit better.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

ArtIsResistance posted:

Used my backflip jump to jump off the platform on Titan and then the team died
A rite of passage.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

nuru posted:

I'm hoping for a hard mode that is a separate wing with at least as much charm.
For whatever reason, I keep imagining Gubal HM as a mad dash through a burning library.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Fractal run:

:magical:

That is ... something special.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Axle_Stukov posted:

Bah who cares about the Odin set, TIN CAN TANKS RETURN!

Cockroach tank can't lift his arms, can't turn his head. I love you, cockroach tank.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Killed By Death posted:

Probably a stupid question, but what set is that (if it is indeed a set)?
Not a stupid question since it's multi-slot armor and nobody uses it. It is the Heavy Darklight Set.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
What is the third item?

Nevermind, mount whistle. That is something to strive for, oh man.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Was the mount whistle in a separate chest or in with one of the others?Redacted as there are obviously two chests and I was blind with excitement for cool dudes doing a cool thing.

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 24, 2015

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Magil Zeal posted:

What level are you? Honestly some light GP melding (not overmelding) should be able to get you there. You can also use GP-boosting food.
A set of HQ crafted gear (level 60 et al.) only needs 3 GP melded to hit 600.

Edit: 600 is still most definitely the sweet spot. Collectible skills are broken down in 100 and 200 GP chunks.

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 28, 2015

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Fister Roboto posted:

Unless you work at Square Enix nobody gives a poo poo about your cool original idea for a new class.
{We're chewing the fat.}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Fister Roboto posted:

You can do whatever you want in life.

• Locked thread