Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

I still say it's fun to go back into the older threads and see just how goddamn far we've come. Especially the old 1.0 threads, full of despair.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3353297 - original retail thread, the dawn begins to break on page 62.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3433215 - Yoshi-era 1.0, ends when the servers go down.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516878 - the transition, beta, and launch 2.0 thread. Watching people realize the game is good in this thread is just :allears:-inducing.

Now, of course, we get to fill the current thread with talk of bad DRKs and fracture. :v: So far, yet still so near~

The funniest part of the 1.0 thread is the predictions for how Square would fix it. I don't think anyone predicted the way it turned out.

Also the people defending 1.0, which I will never understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

One more hour. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

My email says early access is starting 9 GMT

..It is. It's 8AM GMT.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

In that case I will wait for someone to point out the important parts of these full notes.

Trying to find any difference, haven't found any so far but I'll keep looking...

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

cat doter posted:

I bought an Australian game time code that didn't work with my US account one time. Boy was that stupid.

I almost made that mistake with Heavensward, pre-ordered in NA when it was meant to be EU, got confused cos I play on an NA server. Luckily I realized my mistake yesterday before I could be billed twice.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Unguided posted:

Ozzie in the Hildibrand questline.

Hildy's in a jam!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Still kind of nervous about BLM and the new Enochian/Fire IV thing - sure, the rotation looks lovely on paper and beats the poo poo out of a training dummy, but in a situation where you have to move (e.g., all the time), it's really impossible to keep up. We'd probably be doing the same amount of DPS with the old rotation given how many times we have to cancel the new one in order not to be squashed by something.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/29/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-review

This was posted before but every single comment on this review is negative, everybody is destroying this guy, and with good reason - what the hell did he expect? Although, what the hell did WE expect, it is IGN after all. As someone pointed out, even Kotaku can review better than this guy - and they're the ones who just this week posted an article complaining about the troubling social implications of a plot point that happens midway through Arkham Knight without seeing how it's resolved properly.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Whatever, I'm dumb. Back on topic:

HAY GUYZ, is MCH hosed or what!?
(seriously, was that just patch week one overreaction or is it really as bad as people say, I want to shoot things).

Autisanal Cheese fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jul 2, 2015

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Whizbang posted:

New Admiral Fhqwhgads is way worse but everyone else is much better.

The only thing more awesome about this reference is that I'm now imagining that you probably had to look up the correct spelling of 'fhqwhgads'.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Desynth is back with a vengeance :shepicide:

gently caress desynth and whoever thought of the bastard thing

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Hi there guys - after reading all the good stuff about DRK and especially the class quests I'm willing to give it a try. Problem is, my only combat class at max is my 60 BLM (finally got that rotation down but that's another goddamn story) and I'm completely new to tanking. I mean, I've done it before in other MMOs but never seriously. Are there any good guides I should take a look at and some that focus on DRK in particular? I know I need cross class skills so I'm levelling GLA and MRD right now but any other tips would be very helpful. I'm also on Excalibur in PBC, and I'll be working towards this when not grinding for that black mage AR2 gear (btw I wish it wasn't so loving butt ugly).

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

just finshed exdr while com-pletely drunk, didn't do too badly, a goon healed for me and I thin kthey said I did ok until last boss (it was fractal, dunno if I am capable of neverreap) and then it kind of got away from me, reaction time is a bithc

edit: I am a blm and I think if I can keep enochian up even when smashed it says a lot

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Axle_Stukov posted:

Singularity Reactor EXTREME CONFIRMED

Patch is November 10th. Hahaha oh man that's certainly a day to be released on.

are you loving kidding me every nerd in the world will be busy already

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

also I hope that slow piano remix of the Azys Lla theme that popped up in the end of the trailer exists in-game somewhere, sounded awesome

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/126902-Famitsu-Interview-Translation-Yoshida-on-Patch-3.1-and-Beyond?p=6560729#post6560729

Some interesting information in this one, but the comments on this thread are hilarious.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

The Chairman posted:

This thread just needs to make it through the weekend and then it'll be smooth sailing for another couple months

ntan1 posted:

There is nothing it is possible to think of anywhere in the world, or indeed anything at all outside it, that can be held to be good without limitation, excepting only a good will. Understanding, wit, the power of judgment, and like talents of the mind, whatever they might be called, or courage, resoluteness, persistence in an intention, as qualities of temperament, are without doubt in some respects good and to be wished for.

Some qualities are even conducive to this good will itself and can make its work much easier, but still have despite this no inner unconditioned worth, yet always presuppose a good will, which limits the esteem that one otherwise rightly has for them, and does not permit them to be held absolutely good.

ICEBERG DEAD AHEAD, CAPTAIN

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ryanbomber posted:

If you're going to do this you need to go all the way

World of Warcraft is, in some aspects, a better game then FFXIV

ABANDON SHIP! WOMEN AND CATTEBOYS FIRST

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I read through the trailer thread on the OF and god I'm so sick of that vocal minority who glorify FFXI, especially the ones who bang on and on about everything being a 'rehash'.. The gently caress kind of argument is that?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Can any BLMs give me advice as to what my hotbar should be looking like? I know everyone's different but I just want an easy-to-learn elegant setup that lets me keep the 60 rotation with minimal fuckups because I reached to the wrong key or clicked a button in panic or something which is what usually happens and Enochian does not forgive. Any ideas?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

jwang posted:

Apparently I'm a bad tank.

Later I got kicked because the healer was being passive aggressive. Oh well, not like my queues are slow or anything.

You and I seem to play at similar times always and dude you always have the worst luck with Duty Finder, if it isn't ice mages or clueless healers its this type of poo poo. Wasn't it you who ran Neverreap and the DPS was so woeful 27 totems spawned?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Sendo posted:

I just saw a8 enrage while still having 70% health left with no dps dying during the fight.

Four bards?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Sendo posted:

Double BLM, Bard, Monk.

I was just as surprised when it started counting down from 10 then killed everyone at 0.

Bloody ice mages again

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Wonder Turbine posted:

Why are you all listening to Limit Break Radio? It is like the Alex Jones of FFXIV discussion.

Christ I used to listen to this a few months ago, haven't caught up but holy crap is that a good analogy... I like how all the chat basically disagrees with him though which shows me that there is some loving sanity at least

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

"I am beginning to appreciate Tanaka"

all right that's me out

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

I made the mistake of really trying them out at a time that I was desperate for FFXIV podcast content and their negativity was something to behold. I felt like I was playing a completely different game. And, well, they're not exactly guys I feel like I have much in common with beyond this game.

I *am* still desperate for a good podcast or two that covers FFXIV. Are there any worth actually trying that still create content regularly?

I think MrHappy does one, but there's only so much of him that I can take

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ohtsam posted:

Powerleveled fishing from 50-60 in 8 hours today. Would recommend next time you're binging on a show.

Please tell me what guide you used, I definitely need to do this soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Minrad posted:

pictured, hunts in a week :getin:

urgh I get the shivers just thinking about it - it was bad enough on Siren, can't imagine how bad it was on Excal and I'm there now

• Locked thread