Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

cat doter posted:

Anyone know if the game codes for the expansion are region locked? My account is a US account but I live in Aus so I'm worried about buying a non functioning code.

EU/NA, same as the base game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

servers died yoshi lied

dead game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/613901165684748288

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Minrad posted:

A friend wants to see that cringey fairy macro picture, does someone have it

Hello

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

Once you get *all* of them to max you get to do a super quest where they all team up. Which is great, and I think about 9 people in the planet have seen because you have to level all the tribes and I'm never going to loving do that.

I've done Ixal/Amaljaa, got Sahagin/Sylphs/Kobolds to rank 2 with Kobolds about to hit 3 but I had to give up on the Sylphs. I just couldn't take doing those lovely lovely stealth things anymore. I might slowly do them and skip those ones later on but uuugh.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

I think the gloves throw it off a bit. :v:

Lt. Mittens without any mittens is problematic IMHO.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

So what is the best way to get from 50-60 as a Weaver, is leve spamming still the best or is there an easier way?

Yeah, leves are the best way. Complete the MSQ though because a lot of materials are locked to areas later on in it. A few of the leve targets are stuff you can get from MSQ rewards, so check the board for cheapies. Also if you hate money/leve efficiency there's one at 54 for Ramie Crafting Turbans which can be bought in Moghome.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

dreffen posted:

Wait, really?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Will there be another epic weapon questline in the expansion?

Yes, please look forward to it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

1: Tanking 4-man stuff is easy, but i'm kinda nervous about tanking 8-man stuff. Is there some kind of commonly accepted tank etiquette to avoid stepping on your co-tank's toes?

2: Is there a way to make a Living Dead macro that would alert the party if the Walking Dead effect actually triggered, or is that too complex for macros?

1. Go with what Rafzakael said. Also if you pull hate a bunch in your DPS stance, turn your tank one on and start maining.

2. Too complex.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Even bad (non-healer) players can't wipe 7 above average people in the story primal fights unless actively trying to do so

Bismarck would be pretty hairy if a tank fell off.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Jun. 29, 2015)
The following issues have been addressed.
・An issue in "Thok ast Thok (Extreme)" wherein Ravana would only auto-attack under certain conditions.
・An issue in "The Bowl of Embers: Extreme" and during the Cerberus battle in "The World of Darkness" wherein the damage from certain debuffs was extremely low.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein it was possible to attack helpless monsters inside the cultivation capsules.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein ground-targeting actions could not be used in some locations.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein monsters could not be targeted occasionally.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein some of the bioculture node's actions would have no effect.
・An issue in "The Final Coil of Bahamut: Turn 3" wherein the debuff “Cloak of Death” lasts longer than intended.
・An issue in the FATE "Prey Online" wherein certain monster behaviors were incorrect.
・An issue wherein the elite mark Bune's actions were not triggering correctly.
・An issue in the main scenario quest "Fire and Blood" wherein camera control and field of view did not function correctly.
・An issue in the main scenario quest "Fire and Blood" wherein the NPC "Tataru" was not wearing the correct clothes.
・An issue wherein it was possible to accept the sidequests "The Courage of Nuts" and "Protecting the Pom" at the same time.
・An issue wherein it was possible to accept the sidequests "Who's Got the Baskets", "My Friend the Enabler", and "Back to Baskets" at the same time.
・An issue in the sidequest "Landing a Stable Job" wherein speaking to the NPC "Proving Grounds Guard" as a Disciple of the Hand or Disciple of the Land would cause the selection window popup to appear blank.
・An issue in the job quest "Original Sins" wherein NPCs from a different quest would appear on-screen.
・An issue in the job quest "The Green Death" wherein the map could not be opened occasionally from the Journal and Objectives List.
・An issue in the job quest "A Lesson in Patience" wherein text would not appear on the screen when acquiring the new action.
・An issue in the job quest “A Flare for the Dramatic” wherein unnecessary effects appear on certain characters.
・An issue wherein the warrior action "Raw Intuition" would cause the user to receive critical heals as well.
・An issue wherein bards would be temporarily unable to perform actions under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the white mage ability "Assize" would not restore MP under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the white mage action “Divine Seal” which affects magic only would also affect the ability “Assize”.
・An issue wherein the black mage action "Ley Lines" and machinist action "Rapid Fire" would affect the cast times for actions such as "Teleport" and "Return".
・An issue wherein the black mage action "Fire" would not trigger the "Fire III" additional effect correctly under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the ninja action "Suiton" would grant the effect even if it misses the target.
・An issue wherein the dark knight action "Dark Arts" would apply its effect to multiple actions used in sequence.
・An issue wherein the machinist action "Wildfire" was appearing in the wrong category in the damage log.
・An issue wherein the astrologian action "Celestial Opposition" would shorten buff durations, such as "Well Fed".
・An issue wherein the astrologian action "Benefic" would not trigger the "Benefic II" additional effect correctly under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein, if a character who has unlocked Patch 3.0 Duties logs on with a platform that does not have Heavensward play rights, queuing for a Duty Roulette would cause an error.
・An issue wherein it was possible to queue for a Duty Roulette: Expert with party members that did not have Heavensward play rights.
・An issue wherein materia effects of PvP equipment introduced with Patch 3.0 were active in PvE areas.
・An issue wherein company crests could not be added to certain gear introduced in Patch 3.0
・An issue wherein the Sightseeing Log would only display Patch 3.0 areas under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the quest levels displayed in The Unending Journey were incorrect for certain dragoon job quests.
・An issue wherein the flames effect from "Thok ast Thok" would appear upon moving into a housing area.
・An issue wherein sorting by "Auto-attack" on the Market Board would cause items to be sorted alphabetically.
・An issue wherein players were unable to discard the item "Sable Death Mask" if it was purchased from the NPC "Calamity Salvager”.
・An issue wherein text commands for the following actions were not recognized correctly:
JP version: Painflare
EN version: Ricochet / Scourge / Ascend / Painflare / Prune
FR version: Reassemble / Ricochet
DE version: Leg Graze / Time Dilation / Stone III / Fell Cleave
・An issue wherein certain text was incorrect.
・An issue wherein exiting the game in DirectX 11 mode in certain environments would cause an error. (Windows only)
・An issue in DirectX 11 wherein repeatedly pressing the "PrintScreen" button during Full Screen Mode could cause the controls to freeze. (Windows only)
*Due to the basic fix to address this issue in the Jun. 25, 2015 hotfix, the "PrintScreen" key could not be used on other software previously, but this current hotfix now makes it possible.
・An issue wherein pressing Alt + Enter in chat entry would cause the screen to black out and prevent you from playing the game.
・An issue wherein, if you change areas while you are typing text in the macro text edit field, the text remains on the screen. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein clicking the macro text edit field would prevent mouse clicks from being recognized. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein users were unable to move the typing carat in the macro text edit field via mouse click. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein changing the screen resolution with the mouse would cause the cursor to not appear in the correct position. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein attempting to change the screen resolution by selecting the same resolution as before would not cause the confirmation message to appear. (Mac only)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Eej posted:

Bards (and probably MCH) are confirmed to be getting buffs anyway. Everyone else is gonna have to wait until Alex for the team to get data.

What the gently caress changes to BLM do these idiots want? The only thing I can think of is what to do with Thunder after the pull, everything else is really good and cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

nuru posted:

Are they still shifty at 60?

Nothing will aggro you, but the stealth quests still exist so

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I miss taking 20 mins to build up tp to do a special move.

boost

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also I'm by no means a pro at this game but is there really any point in using any of the base classes once you get the jobs?

No. MRD used to be funny in PVP but that got changed a bit back, I think. Every now and then goons run into GLAs and ACNs in Stone Vigil and such, though.

e: A good one the other night was a LNC in some 40 dungeon that just wanted to get to 50 and rush through to get MCN and didn't want to 'waste time' getting DRG.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Is it enough to just hold threat as a marauder or should I be doing something else on top of that?

If you can do that much you're doing better than 70% of newbie tanks. As you get higher levelled you'll get some debuffs you can put on from your Maim combo, but otherwise you're probably doing fine.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

Does anyone know if there's a better way to scroll through targets when playing on PS4? Sometimes there are so many enemies and friendlies on screen that I accidentally end up scrolling through other players before finding a mob to start hitting.

R2 or L2 plus L1/R1 will cycle left and right through them, L1+Dpad Up/Down goes through the enmity list.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Belzac posted:

Hi guys, I decided to start reading this thread again. What bad opinions have people developed while I was away?

this game is good

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

That is a loving shameful summoner.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Eej posted:

It's a bad fight for Summoners but at least he's not as bad as their OT playing DRG.

Oh right, because of the vuln/defense phases, yeah?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Patch notes: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8d6ead756d63c285557418873e6e275711ca88e8

BRD/MCH changes, Alexander is in Duty Finder and can be queued solo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

The most important part of this update: a Wind Up Tataru

:agreed:, 10/10 patch if only for this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vaguido posted:

People are saying Alex is easy, but how easy is it, exactly? Are the turns easier the EX primals, or where are they exactly?

Only done the first turn, but I feel like it was a bit easier than Biz Markie Mark EX. Good fun though, cool mechanic.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

What do you guys have against bards doing dmg on par with drgs and mnks and blms and smns for that, first you give us a broken ability wanderers minuet which takes away our ability to run and shoot and bring constant dps you even made minuet in this patch a 15s recast time which still doesnt allow us to stance dance like whms and schs can do with cleric stance, and you give us 2 really good abilities Empyreal arrow and sidewinder, one being locked behind minuet, then you nerf one of our best abilities without even lowering the recast time of the ability, 100 less potency with full bites lowing from 350 to 250(sidewinder). What kind of ignorant, idiotic, person do you have in charge of the bards programming. You took a good job, and you broke it beyond all repair. For this, Once i get my drg to 60, im hanging up my bow on my main job because you guys cant fix and raise the dps on a job that i love so dearly.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Freaksaus posted:

Do the Alexander bosses give any law at all or are they going to give the new currency when it's introduced?

20 per run, 40 more for newbie bonus

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Francis posted:

it's really a shame that final fantasy fourteen online a realm reborn heavensward is going to be the latest game laid to rest in the Graveyard of MMO's That Foolishly Offered More, More Accessible Content alongside games like

Why couldn't Stephan Frost come work for Square-Enix instead :sigh:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Even without Heavy Thrust up Impulse Drive is still more damage than most early tank combos and it's sort of hard to mess up pressing one button.

Yeah, but it's very easy to fall asleep.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ilifinicus posted:

Self-destruct is a mechanic that begins once one of the two things are dead, you've gotta bring them down almost at the same time like in Coil turn 1. You sure this isn't what you were seeing?

It's mentioned on the previous page, but if you take too long both of them just start Self Destructing yes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Verranicus posted:

AAre there any sites out there that list what hooksets to use to catch collectible fish or whatever?

I thought it was size dependant, powerful for larger fish, precision for smaller but honestly I have no clue.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Intoluene posted:

Wait, wait, wait. There's hellfishing now?!

Hellfishing and fishing in chemical spills.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

vanbags posted:

Apparently I need to replay FFT. I beat it was a kid, but gave gently caress all about the story back then.

L I T T L E M O N E Y

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Heavy Swing needs a macro, right

Wish I could find my screenshot of the guy who had an RP macro for Aetherflow, that was precious. Especially because he mashed it juuust before it was actually off CD.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Truga posted:

Just make it dog orders.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

:ducksiren:

quote:

Q68. Would you please consider adding Vanu Vanu's dance emote?

A68. Vanu Vanu is pretty popular. Let’s get this in 3.1!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Smart Car posted:

Selene is also about as clever about the AoE Leeches as she is about her silence, she'll use it the moment anyone gets any debuff, even if that debuff can't even be removed by the ability, much like she'll instantly use the silence the moment something gets cast, even if it's something that can't be silenced.

It's pretty funny to see her try and cleanse Weakness or try to silence Phlegethon's Ancient Flare right as he's about to cast it and die from wandering back into the center area, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

staplegun posted:

But the crp in that screenshot is at 50? :confused:

The 1.x level carry-over thing is weird in practice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Make level 55 hq leftside if you haven't already. If you don't intend on leveling all crafts, just do the level 56 collectibles for scrips. If you are, get scrips on gsm or cul when their cheap options pop up.

Yeah..I just spent a lot of time getting a bunch of scrips on WVR and uh..yeah I'd recommend using GSM or CUL to get them. So many expensive mats..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Iron Tusk posted:

Sub 50 armory bonus kind of made up for it I thought.

It does, it's still pretty decent.

• Locked thread