Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Lawen posted:

Wheel chat:

I haven't really looked into wheel options sine FM5 came out and there basically weren't any BONE compatible wheels on the market.

After some cursory searching it seems like the main options are:
• Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider ($100ish) - no force feedback, plastic pedals, 240 degree rotation
• Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia ($300ish) - force feedback, metal pedals, 900deg. rotation, upgradable w/ shifter addons
• Logitech G920 ($400ish and not released until 10/14) - FF, metal pedals (including clutch), 900deg. rotation, upgradable shifter

I'm leaning towards the TM Italia. Is there a better choice?

I have the Italia and it's great, I especially liked it with FH2. I can't wait to try it out for this game.

Speaking of, Howdy, I can't wait to battle you for last place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Stupid question: how do I get to the demo?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Find the xbox store in your menus, it should be on the right in the main menu, and look for the search function, type "forza" and it should come up.

If you bought the ultimate edition or have $100 to blow to get $130 worth of content, dont bother and pick up the ultimate edition that comes out the day after tomarrow

Thanks. Already bought and installed Ultimate. Thought the demo was part of that. Now another 12 gigs. Sigh.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I would totally start your checking account at 500 instead of 001 so all of america's check-takers would know you were legit, man

I don't need to start my checks at 500 - I have Betty Boop checks to prove I'm legit.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb, or anyone else with a TX wheel... do we have to update the firmware to be compatible with this game? My PC needs a new PSU and MB and I'm not sure when I'll get around to fixing it, so I can't do anything windows-related.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

It works perfectly with the demo without updating.

Awesome, thank you!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Norns posted:

The standing water I this is something I didn't know I needed. Holy poo poo it makes Sebring so much fun.

Yeah it was nice effect and I think hydro planing is going to make races that much more interesting.

I'll be on around 5 eastern tomorrow as well for a couple hours before the game, so I'll be down for some racing.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

We get to keep all of our demo credits, correct?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Minimaul posted:

No. The only thing we get from the demo is that we are gifted the 2017 Ford GT in the full game.

So that million credit spin is worthless :gonk:

Ah well, not a huge deal at all.

Edit: VVVV I do indeed.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

E game doesn't recognize my wheel at all. :(

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Finally home from work at 8pm. Let's do this!

(Are we doing multiplayer tonight?)

Your drivatar is already wrecking into Howdy and sending him into the wall.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't blame me for it after.

You shouldn't have dressed so sexy :colbert:

jabro posted:

The passive aggressiveness in your posts are amazing. Holy poo poo you're annoying.

:lol:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Norns had a point. XBox Live chat sucks poo poo. It's full of many bugs. And all of the bugs came out to play in FM6 last night. It's really annoying.

Should we use mumble? Is that an option we'd want to use until this is sorted?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

So for the TX, I updated the firmware to 49.b whatever that was released in June and still the game just does not recognize the wheel. FH2 and F5 are just fine :argh:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BCRock posted:

'71 BMW 2002 Turbo

I love this car. Probably my most driven car in FH2. Used it in the first career segment.

It's the only car I've bought so far. I'm trying to load up on credits before I go look to see what I want.

I do think I'll do rivals on Sonoma with the gift cars and load up. I really, really like that track.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Photos from racing today at Le Mans, Brands Hatch and Monza

The standing water makes for some great shots when it splashes.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

deep impact on vhs posted:

is anyone else having issues with wheels? my thrustmaster tx is working in fm5 but not fm6, wondering if wheel support is coming later or if mine just isn't supported :ohdear:

Restart Xbox via the wheel and sign out / in with the wheel as your controller, don't use the gamepad.

Still some bugs - goto Options -> Layout and if you want layout 1, select layout 2 then re-select layout one. Also in Multi-player, Right shifter shifts up properly, but also gives you a flash of the rearview :gonk:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Partial Octopus posted:

I want to play this game but I don't want to spend $1000 on a fanatec wheel. How are the thrustmaster and madcatz wheels?

I'd just mirror what GutBomb said, but the TX is great (even if a bit buggy at the moment - with forza not the wheel. See my post at the top of the page).

My biggest challenge with it at the moment is that I use it while sitting in rocking recliner at the moment so it makes for some awkwardness to get over. Also the multiplayer bug sucks and may have to switch layouts and not use the paddles until the bug is fixed.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I play forza and not iracin because it's the best mix of sim racing and controller support. A wheel will improve your forza experience, but I don't think you need one at all

I don't think you need a wheel either. I bought one because of certain circumstances and I had a bit of extra money to spend. I don't regret it at all. It is a lot of fun to use.

GutBomb posted:

Also with noting is that I'm not experiencing any bugs. I had one issue, but I think it's because I was messing with the menus with a controller and it made the button mapping and the pedals all hosed up once I got into a race. I restarted the game and didn't have another problem.

I'm glad you haven't. And usually restarting at least the mode you're in might fix it - for instance, I just went from Rivals to Career and the bug showed itself. I restarted Forza and it was fine after that. I haven't rechecked Multiplayer maybe there will be goons playin tomorrow afternoon. I want to do one of those endurance showcases as well.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Sunset Peninsula was fun but I do actually enjoy the Daytona courses. The whole first lap is a little chaotic in the hoppers with how narrow the road course section is, but it's pretty fun to drive.

Although if I can figure out how to upload a video, I have a great replay of me going down the back straight away in a race... spinning in circles half way down the straight as people keep hitting me lol.

I had a Rivals today against some pubbie who apparently did a complete 720 going around turn one of Road Atlanta. I stayed in that rivals race just to watch him repeatedly spin out.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Zinjnok posted:

Unfortunately no, they're gone again.

e:Some of these endurance races are crazy. 82 laps at Sebring in the rain... in P class. At least with mods I'll be getting 750k experience.

I did the Nurburgring 125 earlier today and I'm now 4 laps from finishing the Le Mans 250. Wish there was a BMW option for it so I could max out my affinity today. Ah well, it's going to Peugoet.

I think I'll wait til next weekend to do Sebring.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Powershift posted:

The economy in the game seems a lot more fair. Even without VIP, you can win a race, and buy a car, or buy 3 upgrades for your car.

Just playing career mode for a few days and now the showcase endurance events, I have bought 3 cars needed for career and my garage already has about 20 others from the level spins. I'm sitting on ~8million and now can look for interesting cars to mod and paint and for free getting the F1 Lotus, Ferrari 250gt, etc. I think Turn 10 learned a bit from FH2 and brought some bits over from that game.

And of course there are people on the Forza forums complaining about the spins and getting free credits or cars (you don't have to take the spin!). Some people are the worst.

And because I'm a masochist, I just did the Atlanta 100. That's 3 endurance races in one day.

L_Harrison posted:

I think I found a new car for Goon racing:

Whoa whoa whoa. There's a limo?

geeves fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 14, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

people complaining about anything other than the lack of maple valley and camino are morons

Are these in F4? I think I bought F4 at some point, but never got around to playing it for various reasons.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

Err, can you only use the rewind a certain number of times in a race? Halfway through an enduro and it stopped working.

It's really broken. As the race goes on, it gets worse.

1) At first it's normal.
2) Then it doesn't "rewind" it just screen blanks and puts you back at a point.

Then one of two (or both) things happen

3) You've rewinded and you're at a different camera view / angle
4) You've rewinded nearly 3/4s of a lap (this happened to be at Road Atlanta 100)

Or

5) Rewind is not available at some points but returns if you make another error.
6) Rewind puts your literally 1 second before your error.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hanyolo posted:

Thought i'd mention a youtube channel I used a heap back in Forza 5, hopefully it helps some of the newcomers get used to a controller and tuning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?Stellasteve76?videos

He's already got a few good Forza 6 videos out too :v:

An error occurred. Please try again later.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Zinjnok posted:

I've had that issue since early release last week. So far the only response from T10 is "We're looking into it."

What I would be bringing tonight if my multiplayer worked.

That's the same pattern of socks I'm wearing today.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Norns posted:

Got my Thrustmaster TX! Updated the firmaware and mounted it.

What kinda advanced wheel settings are you guys rocking?

I turned down the force feedback to 80% I don't want to break my hand and it helps my hands not cramp to quickly. Everything else for me is as-is.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

Amazon gave me $6 back because I bitched about multiplayer not working. That's enough for a chinese take out meal.

Definitely enough for the lunch menu.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Just played online tonight for the first time with pubbies (that includes FM5, FH2, etc). Holy poo poo what an amazing experience. I just find it drat impressive that they spin out on a loving straight. I couldn't even be mad at the pubbie who spun out and right across screen in to me.

Asnorban posted:

Is there an easy way to tell if goons are racing or join in on them? On Forza 4 we had the metatag, but I don't know how to quickly check if there are races happening now. So eager to take last place.

I just check my friends list. It tells you what they are doing in-game. I don't know this or not if there is an easy way to see who is in a party. On PS4 goons would always be in a party unless taunting pubbies and other goons would freely join it. I may start doing that now if I see others on and invite them to the party.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

"What the gently caress rear end in a top hat you brought a truck to Yas Corkscrew?"

They started by giving me a wide berth.

Then not so much.

I was the only one with a clean lap :coal:

But as expected DNF'd

Unfortunately, the next race in which me and another pubbie both had vans and did barrel rolls through the first turn clusterfuck did not save properly :(

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I came across this series while looking for tuning help to set up my cars for GRC. I found them helpful and they are easier to understand than T10's in-game textual explanations. FM6 is actually easier since you can watch Telemetry during replays so you're not distracting yourself trying to watch the numbers as you drive.

Alignment - Camber, Castor and Toe

Springs

Anti-Roll Bars

Damping - Rebound and Bump

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

robotsinmyhead posted:

I've been using this setup I cribbed off the Forza Forums (maybe linked here?) either way:

I've been pretty happy with it, but the weird Rebound/Bump settings is creating some porpoisening under hard braking.

As an aside, I'm bummed that Turn10 (still!) hasn't put your car stats like power, curb weight, and weight balance in the Tuning sheet. They make good leaps in every iteration of this game and completely overlook simple problems.

edit: personally, gently caress those brake settings - and obviously this isn't an end-all setup, just a nice "3 Minute Tune"

After using the 3-minute tune for most of FH2 and the last couple of weeks, I think the spring settings are the only good baseline settings in that tune and I became lazy about it and realized I didn't know exactly why things should be set properly. So most of the last few days has been studying more and experimenting and I, so far, am liking the results.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

robotsinmyhead posted:

That was kind of my go-to in FH2, I think these camber settings are too extreme like you said, and I don't know much about the effects of Toe on a small scale. Brakes definitely 47-48/85% for me (it seems dumb to be locking the brakes at 1/4 of the trigger pull)

I'm using a wheel so I like to set it higher, maybe 130-150% so I don't feel like I'm slamming the brake pedal.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Leather Bear posted:

Go digital. The only incentives are different, pricier versions of the game. Some of those are decent deals like if you know that you'll be buying all of the dlc.

Are we able to save games to an external HD to free up space if need be?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hanyolo posted:

Yep, you can plug any usb external drive into the bone, format it and it can be used to put digital games on (unfortunately you can't put any other kind of data on it at the moment).

Also, if you get a usb3.0 7200rpm drive, it will improve load times

I use this one personally, but I got it a year+ ago so theres probably better out now

http://www.seagate.com/au/en/products/laptop-mobile-storage/laptop-external-drives/backup-plus-slim/

Thanks! I needed to pick up a new one anyway, so I guess I'm getting two now.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Wow that OP Mini Cooper is no joke. I knew something was wrong when I beat whatcubed's time by 5 seconds in D class on COTA. Now if they would only fix their leaderboards.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I uploaded 2 videos from onedrive and neither one has sound. Is this normal? Does it take time to appear?

The clips I uploaded are here.. xboxdvr, I'm not so sure about

Gutbomb and geeves giving each other the business

(if this doesn't work, I don't know)

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

I'm sorry.

(I'm not)

Never be! :hfive: It was glorious.

I didn't mean to brake check you, I was staring at the puddle.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Angle 1: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/e77d96c1-0fff-470b-8308-f47666e94b75?gamerTag=MattD1zzl3&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Angle 2: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/80dc3707-ace0-4384-a247-551c610e642a?gamerTag=MattD1zzl3&scid=417d0100-b230-41cf-975d-3eaa64f9397e

In front, Pulling half a second on P2 per lap and this happens on the final lap. I dont want to race at watkins glenn anymore. I've crashed out of good finishes the last 4 races in a row.

Yeah your sound isn't recording it seems.

geeves fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 27, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Atmus posted:

I'd like to remind everyone that Gutbomb is the guy with the big giant effort post about how not to ram into people.

:howdy tears: They're more like guidelines. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The limo is fun to drive as long as its not facing a sharp corner... Long Beach in the limo was a real struggle. You can hilariously turn block people though if you get the inside.

Yeah I ran the limo and upped it to S-class for a few online races just now for some fun without really tuning it and took out about 4 other players on the first turn of Catalunya.

On another note: I tried the forzatune 6 app - I wish I didn't waste $2 on it, not even worth it as a base tune, IMO.

• Locked thread