Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Crimson is pretty creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Has anyone got Wormhole potions to work? I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Pyroi posted:

In multiplayer, press M to open up the map and then click on someone else's head. It might work in singleplayer with NPCs, but I'm not sure about that.

That's what I've been doing, is there a certain zoom level I need to be at, or hit a button beforehand?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Note: For people who want a million minibosses during events, put a water candle down. It's insane.

dis astranagant posted:

As far as I can tell, expert mode is just normal mode except all the mobs have double health and damage, plus a single new item per boss and chance for dev sets in hardmode.

Better drop rates I hope...

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Does the wiki lie about harpy/wyvern spawn height? My highest point in my base is 700' above surface and I'm getting spawns occasionally. Not a lot, but occasionally.

Maybe it has something to do with a floating island being nearby. At the same height further away from it, I get no spawns.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 5, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Why does Fireblossom seem to harvest it self?

My garden is becoming a headache.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

This is taking me forever. I still have to build the Armory/Storage area on the left side and then in the middle the main zone, then the BATTLE PLATFORM above everything else.
Any suggestions for theme for the upcoming Armory? Gold bricks maybe, I have enough.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Zereth posted:

why aren't you using pots/planters?

I was told they grow slow in pots. Should I be doing that anyway???

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

DarthJeebus posted:

Ugh, I forgot how burned out I get trying to contain the corruption/crimson after the wall. I should probably just stop being attached to my worlds and just loot them for what I can before moving onto the next. Using bombs to dig 4 wide tunnels to hell is easy enough but everything else gets overrun and there isn't poo poo I can do about it. By the time I have it all contained, my world will be practically empty from all the digging.

Don't sweat it until you get a super crazy drill later on that makes it trivial.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Supremezero posted:

Looks like he's just using actuators with pressure plates. They aren't doors, they're walls that disappear.

WHAT

I'm constantly being amazed by stuff you can pull off in this. I mean, I'm building a skycastle after the endgame and I'm still finding new stuff.

Well, might have to say goodbye to my doors on the edges.

edit: How do you get keys for the themed chests? I haven't seen one drop anywhere yet.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 6, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
So I'm playing around with actuators and I guess it doesn't count as a door so all my NPCs got deported

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

I'm so happy over my first wiring project. It cycles properly!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Can you craft bars back into ore somehow?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Holy crap Solar Eclipse on expert is kicking my rear end

What do I even do to not die 50 times to Super Moth

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
You guys are so smart, I never woulda thought about a chlorophyte farm. Shame it doesn't work in the sky.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
poo poo I need to get more creative with my structures. I look at this thread and I'm impressed.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
GASP what is THIS

Oh my lord rainbow bricks are a real thing

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The White Dragon posted:

Hey, are there any mods for 1.3 that disable trap spawns in world gen? They're really harshing our game.

If you can grab the mechanic, keep wirecutters she sells on you and have it out when you go through a trap zone, clip the wires as you go, cause they show up.

This is how my group survived the temples in Expert. I was the designated disarmer.

Maybe I totally misunderstood your post.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
drat the solar weapons don't seem really great. Shoulda saved the fragments for something else.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Baby's first skycastle.

I should hang every single banner I can find from the battle platform.

e:
"You can no longer escape from the final boss's wrath."
Uh oh, what does this mean?

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 9, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Supremezero posted:

So I tried out the whole "build a circle minecart track and just follow it" tactic for Moon Lord.

Sounds like a great idea for Chlorophyte Bullets.

I've had little issue with the pillars so far in expert solo. Bullets are shredding everything as long as I buff up so I don't get liquified. I probably should plan out my Moon Lord battle before I kill the last one....

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Holy crap he's tough even with 5 people on Expert.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Internet Kraken posted:

How come when I set up a pressure plate to a tall gate it will only trigger if I walk onto it from the right? I just wanted to set up the gate to open and close as I enter/exit my house but the door never closes when I leave.

Assuming you have a pressure plate on both sides, maybe there's a terrain bump that prevents you from hitting it on the left.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
e: Endgame spoilers cause not everyone has slammed into it

That was an absolute rush. UFO works pretty good against Moon Lord but holy crap does it get harrowing.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 10, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Oh my lord if you craft 3996 arrows or musket balls together near a crystal ball you get something truly marvelous.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Even on expert hardmode it's pretty good for saving your good ammo for bosses and just using the pouch for adventuring.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Holyshoot posted:

Is it possible to self host a terraria server if it's just 1-3 people going to be on the server?

Sure! Just launch TerrariaServer in the game folder.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The Moon Monster posted:

My dumb base is basically done. Is there any way to coax the Party Girl into my lair or do I just have to get lucky?

That is a super cool base.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RatHat posted:

Keep in mind when you destroy an altar there's a chance a small patch of Hallow or Corruption/Crimson will spawn in the world, which can then grow.

Isn't it guaranteed to spawn like a single block somewhere

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Pound_Coin posted:

...So to have my NPCs live in an underground vault I'll need to hammer out the entire background area of their rooms from the surface down?

jesus.

Have you tried just placing walls? Maybe it'll let you just override it. If not, turn on smart cursor and hold down mouse1 with a hammer. Won't take that long.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

VodeAndreas posted:

What do you guys use for your late game exploring accessories? I don't mean what do you use for expert Plantera but when you're just going for a quick trip to hell for some groceries.

Wings are a given, and I'm assuming most people have or want lava waders and frostspark boots, what about your other slot(s)?

I run Charm of Myths, Obsidian Shield (Ankh recommended if you can stomach the item hunt), Lightning Boots, Wings, and if you beat Expert Plantera the rainbow item you get is extrodinarily helpful for exploration honestly.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 13, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

oddium posted:

has this always been one of the subtitles that can roll or did red add it recently to make fun of starbound

My favorite thing to do at launch was put a sand block above an open door and murder all my friends.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Section Z posted:

TL;DR: How does an idiot who knows nothing about building manage both up and down vertical access for NPCs that doesn't rely on offscreen teleportation? Or should I just say gently caress and accept that NPCs will just mingle with their own floor?

The easiest way I've found is actually building a staircase out of platforms, which you can handmake yourself by hammering the platforms, or using the smart cursor thingy and building them diagonally, it'll automatically form the stairs. NPCs use those.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Cicadalek posted:

You can actually hang banners from platforms, but you have to hammer them 3 times each. Basically you want it so the platform occupies the lower half of a tile rather than the upper half. This lets you hang stuff from below, but prevents you from putting anything on top of them.

So THAT'S the trick. A special place in Valhalla awaits you.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Living leaf walls rule, thank goodness.

Shortcut to the boss is really nice too.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Read posted:

I thought the lights represented if that section of the body had sent out its probe yet?

That's what I thought. Maybe it's both?!?!?!?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Walrus Pete posted:

I have some questions about the lunar event.

- If/when I kill the cultist boss again, will the pillars spawn in the same places as before? The solar pillar is right above a watery jungle area and it's making it a huge pain in the rear end to fight there. I'll need to do some construction there if it's gonna be there every time.
- Does the amount of enemies you need to kill to remove the pillar's shield reset if you die? (or if everyone dies in multiplayer)
- gently caress the solar pillar enemies holy poo poo

1. "Slots" for a pillar are the same, but the pillars themselves are randomized in which slot they'll appear in.
2. Didn't for my crew, patch might have changed it.
3. Two men, BACK TO BACK ARRRGHHHHH, at high ground so the spinny enemies can't get to you as easily without you slaying them, do not fly because worm will mince you. Homing bullets are nice for this event. Worked for us, but could have been luck.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Crimson is a nice change of pace from the Corruption. Does it also have an enemy I need to be careful about leading places? Corruptors always induced a small panic when their shots hit ground outside the containment zone.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
drat now I wish I used paint more in my construction. That's some really good application for it. Also shame you can't have a magic staircase behind the background layer. Or if you can actually do that I had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wanna start a new char and world but wanna sneak my DCU over. I am horrible.