Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

axeil posted:

I tried that and got a world with both Corruption and Crimson based on the sprite on the worlds page. Is that even possible?

Normally no, but I think you could give a character a Clentaminator and a bunch of purple/red solution, hop them into a new world and start spreading whichever biome you didn't pick in world gen.

The special seed also has Moon Lord Legs as vanity pants in random chests, plus Red Potions, which slap you with every common debuff with a 1 hour duration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Zereth posted:

Zenith is really good at killing things.

Considering you can only make it at the very end of the game, it drat well better be.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

"Hey, I should make a glowing mushroom farm, what's the worst that could happen?"

I overwrite my biome.

That's the worst that could happen.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well I made an underworld-spanning hellbridge in preparation for WoF, but I want to make a Cell Phone before I go into hardmode. The only mats I have left are Angler rewards.

Time to dig some trenches to stop corruption spread, then spend a lot of time sleeping.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Corrupt ice and corrupt desert biomes are kind of nice for farming several monster types at once. Would you still get those at all? You need at least a decent amount of underground corruption to farm in because those drops are so important.

The initial burst of corruption/hallow on hitting hardmode would probably give more than enough space to grind in. Worst case scenario you could probably just grab the Clentaminator and manually spread the biomes around.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Finally got a pre-hardmode Cell Phone! :toot:

I ended up just doing the daily then going to bed. I had four blood moons pop while doing this.

You can't sleep through blood moons.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Cardiovorax posted:

Wait, going to bed actually does something?

After a few seconds in bed time speeds up to around 5x or so, but the time accel won't work during blood moons, invasions, or if the pillars are around.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

SirSamVimes posted:

I see. Oh well, I ended up just repeatedly teleporting between the ocean and my lake with ten buckets.

Gonna encase the entire artificial snow island in a glass sphere when I muster the willpower to.

If you don't mind battling with Angler RNG, there's a new post-hardmode reward that's just an infinite water bucket.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

So, there was that discussion a while back about how hallow won't affect things like desert pylons, but does the same hold true for fishing? Since my hallow sorta...

And I'm not sure if I'm just having bad luck doing the Angler's daily or if the oasis counts solely as fishing in hallow.

And while there's another oasis on the other side of the map, that desert got nailed by corruption.

I might just have to make a new lake in the bit of desert by the dungeon.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Kerning Chameleon posted:

More accurately, you spawn a nearly unkillable boss that will almost certainly one-hit you on contact.

It has 9999 HP and takes 1 damage from everything.

If you do manage to kill it, you get a pet.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well the corruption wiped out my underground base.

I found this out when I picked up an Angler quest and tried to pylon over because there was a lake nearby.

Guess that base is dead until I can kill a mech boss, clentaminate the whole place back to normal, then dig a trench around it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Ultiville posted:

I used them on a combat on normal mode and took no net damage for most of it. Maybe the attacks are just weak enough on normal that the natural regen was taking care of the hits I didn't dodge? But that seems kind of unlikely.

Of course, they might prevent them from working specifically on Expert+ or Master.

One of his attacks sticks you with a tentacle if it connects, this inflicts a debuff that negates any life steal effects. If you're able to avoid that attack, you can still leech life with no problems.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

The_Final_Stand posted:

You know those endless rumours about the jungle being overtaken by the corruption? I have the opposite problem: my Hallow spawned perfectly overlapping the jungle, so for all intents and purposes, I don't have a Hallow biome.

Grab a few hallow blocks, find a spot on the surface you don't mind overwriting, then slap the blocks down and let it make a new biome.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

I threw my world into Terramap to see the corruption/hallow spread.

So the bits that show up from breaking alters don't get all that much compared to the size of the world.

On a related note, I was wondering why that last bit of my central desert never got corrupted even though I wasn't fast enough with the trench. It had a wedge of hallow in it all along.

e:

OgNar posted:

Shouldn't this work for Fireblossom?

Occasionally i'll walk over and pick up a grown one that somehow auto pops out of the pots but no seeds.
Or does the lava need to be deeper than 2 high.

wiki states partially submerged.

Fireblossom needs to be submerged in lava on the old console and 3DS versions only. On PC they bloom between 3:45 PM and 7:30 PM.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 30, 2020

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There's not a single accessory that can handle any two of wings, sprinting, and fall damage both, right? So you have to do three slots for wings/fall damage/sprinting if you want all three without a mount?

All wings negate fall damage by default. You do need a second slot for sprinting, however.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Cardiovorax posted:

One thing I wish this game had done at some point but never did would be to just plain give you a bigger inventory. One extra row and one extra column, it doesn't seem like it would be that much to ask, really. There's so much stuff you need to carry with you on a regular basis that the incredibly limited amount of space you have to do it with has always been one of my biggest gripes with the game.

Piggy bank (plus a table to put it on), safe, defender's forge, and void bag.

You have five full pages of inventory as soon as you beat Skeletron.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

The Lone Badger posted:

Don't you need hardmode ores to make the new anvil?

Yes, but you can get the ores with a handful of chests.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

SirSamVimes posted:

Spoken like someone whose desert town hasn't been devoured

Nothing quite like trying to teleport to a pylon, only to be told that it isn't in a valid settlement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

I like Terraria: Terraria: Terraria