Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Not exactly hype, but I've got nothing better going on lately, so I guess I'm down.

Plus I've played games with voting for leadership systems before and I can't wait for the all the bribery and blackmailing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Krakatoah posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this 'feature' was intended for us to actually blast ahead in construction whilst the pubbies spend days filibustering over build orders or something.

God I hope so

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

God Awful is the best goddamn guild name.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

my current project is to make moon light blade accessible to people but hoooly poo poo wushu 3.0 is brutal

I love/hate you for being such an enabler.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Obscurity posted:

I need name ideas to register when I get home from work.

Personal Jesus
Not Muhammed
Neo Neo
Goku

That's all I got.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Not only are there butt sliders, there's a butt height slider. :pwn:

The stance animation sliders are great at least. But of course every other female character I see has the demure, knock-kneed waifu stance and the "tee-hee chase me" run.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

HardKase posted:

Am I broken? I really enjoyed neverwinters combat and really thought Terra was way too clunky.

To each their own.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

We're all gonna be gods of bad decisions! :neckbeard:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I'll see you jerks when I get home from work tomorrow. :mad:

What mumble are we camping?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

A smooth launch? drat it, I was trying to make myself feel better about working by telling myself the game would be hosed all day.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Zet posted:

I totally forgot about this. This is the one where you can summon a god to help you out right?

You ARE a god.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Guild member caps are awful. Why do they still do this?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I just got in as Profanity Jane

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Bashez posted:

I'm at like 2500 prestige or something and dropping occasional 3-7k abilities (they do take a few seconds to go off though) on my berserker while my lightbinder friend is pretty excited about 1ks. He's still pretty good dps for support but he's definitely not scaling like a dps class.

It could be because berserker isn't one of the starter classes. I started as one, too, and it was a bit of a shock when I tried the other classes after being used to whirlwind destroying basic enemies from the start.

btw those of us who started as the gunner or berserker still fated to do extra grinding to get anywhere else on the grid?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a way to upgrade your account? I bought the $20 pack but I want the other poo poo now.

You just go back to the package page when you're logged in and you can buy the other packages in $20 increments.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

All the more reason to run stuff with goons: stupidity you can trust.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Doctor Schnabel posted:

okay so whats crazy overpowered aside from berserker?

Gunner is pretty OP, though they have some attacks with huge range and radius that will probably pull everything in the area if you're not careful.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

It's the Drinkfist experience.

I'm a literal cripple and can only play for an hour or so before it starts to get painful, so I'm just around 850 prestige. I get to 2050 eventually, then I'll make more of an effort to get an invite. Or you can toss me one out of pity. :shobon:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I enjoy all this pearl clutching even if there's no way I'm reading all those essays on fairness.

I got over 1k prestige today! I'm getting there! :toot:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

If you want to be special, know that everyone and their dog plays cryo. Based on my experiences grouping with them, their dog probably plays it better.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

WarLocke posted:

She's standing near Flavius/the testing pod things in the research area.

You get one change (which can be both name and face/body/gender I think) free, then additional ones are something like 5,000 Argents each.

Someone posted earlier in the thread that apparently there's a quest at around 6k Prestige that either gives you a free makeover or requires you to do one for free (the phrasing wasn't the best so I'm not sure).

Can somebody who's gotten that far clarify if it forces you to pay for it or not?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Unguided posted:

Eight more pantheon slots opened up. :getin:

Woo! Make room for Profanity Jane!

...I won't be on til later tonight. drat work. :(

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I could lead this poo poo show. After about an hour of playing I start to lose feeling in my extremities so I just walk (relatively speaking) away.

Some sort of drama happening? Too bad, I have to get up and work the the feeling back into my legs, shitlords.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Bombogenesis posted:

3.4k Gunner - Kill everything with an annoying pewpewpew sound forever. Build up heat energy in machine gun mode with a stream of small single target numbers or equally small AoE numbers much slower. Also has a flamethrower that deals okay damage and applies a pretty great DoT that can be talented to increase damage from MG's RMB. Switch to plasma to use up heat and melt the poo poo out of everything with a piercing beam attack, can be talented to do increased damage if you use plasma's LMB then RMB, with another talent that improves the damage of one of them by up to 400% if you don't use it. Also has a slow/damage field that replaces the flamethrower. Has a third firing mode that consumes a separate resource but I have yet to figure out a good time to use it and you can't move while using it so gently caress that. Other skills include a teleport and a 20% health shield.

This is probably horrible but I'm still figuring this poo poo out.

The good time to use rocket launcher mode is when someone else is taking all the aggro or when you don't mind taking a few hits to the face (like on the boss's last bar of health) so you can spam shots until it's dead.

Also when you switch to plasma mode and lay the area of effect field with C, cackle maniacally as your shots disperse in the field and shock everything in it for extra damage. Really good for ranged enemies or anything that's right in your face and won't move.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

It is pathetically easy to convince people in observatory chat that the Wednesday resets are full server wipes.

But even without that people are melting down regularly over the cap. I wonder if they'll bow to pressure and relax it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

WarLocke posted:

But almost literally every other MMO has proven that the 'casuals' outnumber the 'spergs' by orders of magnitude (see Wildstar :lol:) so how is this a bad thing?

I am always vaguely afraid of developers caving to player bitching without much thought of how it affects overall balance. Warhammer online hurt me a lot, man. :(

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Lanber Forest pushed me over 2100, somebody invite Profanity Jane so I can contribute to the grind.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

LunaDeus posted:

Is Skyforge fun?

I see a lot of posts saying to avoid cryomancer because its boring, but how's the combat overall?

I am having a lot of fun shooting killer robots and bugs and fish people and so forth. They reuse areas a lot, but after you clear it the first time it adds challenges like take little damage or fight 12 things at once for subsequent runs.

Starting as a founder pack class wasn't too bad, either. It didn't take nearly as long to get through the starter nodes as I thought. I went with Paladin, now I'm debating if I want to hit Slayer or Kinetic next.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

My first menu screen (b?) is always showing an alert exclamation mark even if I've looked and clicked on everything. Am I missing something?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

RottenK posted:

I did a few of those missions and it sucked. Have fun going through the dungeon with no weapons, player :/

This is why I saved all the special edition weapons of classes I haven't played yet.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Unguided posted:

The next upgrade has stalled because the voting system is loving terrible. Maybe we should just start a second pantheon because it takes forever to wait for all the clan leaders to get on and vote for poo poo.

It'd be the exact same problem in a new guild, just chill.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Somewhere in Russia a guy is staring at a monitor, tweaking variables to make sure the boobs bounce just right. Then, only then, can he move on to butts.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

So, uh, apparently the game does not indicate whether or not someone is on or offline when you whisper, and just sends messages like they're online regardless.

I wasn't ignoring you Drinkfist! Get your ASCII penis checked though, it shouldn't be pointy like that.

I logged in and the messages all hit me at once, then the delayed rage of Drinkfist hosed my internet connection but good. I'll try to get on again in a few hours.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

Ok scumbags. I got slots open in the guild. Get off your worthless asses and PM "Irate Drinkfist" in game. If you loving SA PM me I am gonna drown you.

And if Anoia is Profanity Jane and you didn't get the "I apologize" joke then you are not getting in with me. Talk to Stormgale or watch Deadwood.

Edit: I know its Calamity Jane you fucks but its too close to think it was a coincidence.

You're supposed to say I apologize over and over again, cause otherwise it just looks like you're doing a plain ol apology and not a reference

And yes Profanity Jane is me

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

To whomever plays Scatterbrain Jane: there can be only one Jane, I'm afraid I'm going have to destroy you.

Or maybe I'll change my name to be something worse later, I dunno.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

BenRGamer posted:

Okay, so I signed up and started a character on this game. And found out I can move around and chat with NPCs with my 360 controller, but I can't attack or jump or do anything else with it?

How do I get that to work, do I need to use Joy2Key or something?

Controller support for the game is apparently incomplete. You'll probably need Joy2Key until they fix that, yeah.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

blastron posted:

I am thinking about purchasing this game, but I have a very important question. I see that gear is entirely cosmetic, which is great, because I love playing pretty princess dress-up. Are outfits all one item, or can you mix and match pieces? Also, are there robust options for color choice?

There are a lot of costume options to find. Most of the default costumes have multiple color options, beyond that you have to purchase individual colors of outfits using a special currency that you can make an effort to collect if you want. Doing the tutorial for each class gets you its outfit, which you can wear as anything.

Color variations of class costumes are 100k of the threads currency, and there are some unique outfits that are bought with things that can be gathered in various zones.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Stanley Pain posted:

DPS Meters are fine.

1) Play With Friends.

2) Play With Like Minded People.

3) Stop being a poo poo Lord.

Gonna cross stitch this and send lovely throw pillows to the likes of Xander.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I have never been in an mmo where the random pubbies you met in the world weren't absolute shitlords. Utopian mmo communities don't exist, you just huddle together with like minded people aka friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

So I'm getting the impression the game is pretty much unplayable for now cause my latency is all over the place.

Worse, my sick burns in regional chat rarely get through. :(

• Locked thread