Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Pretty good OP Omni, though the wording in a few spots is spotty. Mainly wanted to point out one major mistake:

Onmi posted:

"What the hell? My opponent Mystical Space Typhooned my Fire Formation: Tenki. And I didn't get my search effect off"
Tenki is a case of "Can" When you activate the card you CAN tutor a Level 4 or lower Beast Warrior. However because Mystical Space Typhoon resolved first, Fire Formation: Tenki misses the Timing, and you do not get your search off. Compare to Reinforcement of the Army. Which just says "Add a level 4 or lower warrior monster from your deck to your hand." There is no 'Can' and the effect always goes off.

"Missing the Timing? The gently caress?"

I'm not even going to try to sum this up
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Missing_the_timing

This actually isn't an example of missing the timing. Rather, it doesn't search because you destroyed a Continuous Spell Card, and Continuous Cards must remain face-up on the field for their effects to resolve!

An example of Missing the timing would be using Soul Taker on Fire Hand or Ice Hand, since the then conjunction indicates that gaining 1000 LP occurs after the destruction, causing When...You can... effects to miss the window of activation (missing the timing).

Good Rank 6 monsters include Number 39: Utopia Beyond (3000 ATK, makes ATK of all opponent's monsters on the field when summoned 0 PERMANENTLY), Photon Strike Bounzer(Negates monster Effects and burns opponent for 1000 LP), Constellar Ptolemy M7 (Once per turn, during either player's turn, spin one monster from either player's field OR Graveyard to their Hand) and Gauntlet Launcher (Destroys 2 face up monsters. Really good with 2 Monarchs). Also remember to include Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger, since it can be slapped on top of any of those to deal piercing.

EDIT: Also, more good Rank 4 monsters include Cairngorgon (2450 ATK with protection against targeting effects like breakthrough skill, book of moon, and mystical space typhoon), Gagaga Samurai (1900 ATK, gets to atack twice, can chump block), and Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk (Banish 2 cards from opponent's Graveyard, can equip to another Xyz for 1200 ATK).

Julias fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Zoness posted:

How important is leo or star eater in shaddolls? I'm looking for something to side out for trish using this extra deck listing (shamelessly copied from a july 2015 european wcq winner):

I'm also not sure what Samsara is for (the deck does run maindeck mind control but I mean I dunno) so maybe axe that?

Deck Profile from the player who ran the deck, and an explanation for his choices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oer_n3pzMXE
Interstingly enough, he says that he would have rather played a Compulsory Evacuation Device over Mind Control.

This was a day ago, but to answer your question:

Star Eater is very important because it is the deck's only out to Qliphort Towers, and Qliphorts are one of Shaddoll's worst matchups.

Leo is a very good generic Synchro that the deck can make easily (Falco + Construct / Effect Veiler + Shaddoll Core), and basically requires non-tageting removal to get rid of it.

He chose to run Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth over Armades or another Rank 5 since he found that it worked wonders as a defensive stall option. He also ran triple Effect Veiler, so that + any Level 4 makes this card. Most players also use 2 Hedgehog, but he uses 3, which makes it a lot easier to make Level 5 Synchros. He also ran 1 Soul Charge, and he reasoned that is you can special summon Construct from grave against Nekroz, then they need to Trishula it or draw Raigeki, otherwise they lose.

Depending on your meta, I would say remove Samsara, but it is good against Nekroz.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
3 things to take note of from this:

1.Both players have to agree to move onto the next Phase. If my opponent sets up their field, and declares they want to enter the battle phase, I can tell them to hold on, and activate "Blaze Accelerator Reload" (Which can only be activated during the main phase). There have been many times where people try to rule shark me by saying "too late, battle phase" or "set cards in main phase 2, go to end phase".

2.If my opponent uses a card like Reinforcements of the Army to add a card to their hand, I can chain Mind Crush after it resolves, in order to discard that card, according to box "c" in the bottom of that diagram. Be sure never to declare quick-play spell cards, since they can always chain them, and make you discard instead!

3.This is a bit of history lesson, but there used to be a "thing" that older players refered to as "Priority", which involved summoning a monster like Dark Armed Dragon or Rescue Rabbit, having a Torrential Tribute or Bottomless Trap Hole activated in response to its summon, and them being able to use the ignition effects before those cards resolved. This diagram, when it got printed in the rulebooks, was very important because it straight up say: "No. "Priority" is illegal. You are playing the game wrong." Quick Effects (Those that can be activated during either player's turn) can still be chained in this way, but that is because it is a part of the game mechanic.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lisandra_brave posted:

No, there's no time between collapserpent and caius. Yugioh has a thing about Simultaneous effects going on chain, and various rules relating to that.
Basically, turn player activates mandatory triggers in whatever order, opposing player activates mandatory triggers in whatever order, turn player's optionals, opponent's optionals. TCG has some weird rulings about how things have to be put together as well, but then again, TCG has weird rulings about all sorts of poo poo.

A Perfect Example of this weirdness: I have Elemental Hero Absolute Zero on the field, and use the Quick-Play Spell Card Mask Change on it, sending it to the Graveyard and Special Summoning Masked Hero Acid. If Absolute Zero is sent to the Graveyard, you blow up all monsters your opponent controls, and if Acid is summoned, you blow up all Spell and Trap cards your opponent controls. (Very Legit combo, blow up everything on your opponent's side of the field.)These are both Mandatory Effects, so according to SEGOC (Similar Effects Go On Chain), both of these effects form a chain. Since they are both mandatory, you can choose to put them in any order, destroying the monsters or the spells first. Right?

If you play in the OCG (Japan, Asia), then yes. BUT in the TCG, it is ruled that Absolute zero has to be the first chain link, meaning that Acid's effect to destroy Spells and Traps will occur first. Why? Apparently because Absolute Zero leaving the field occurs before Acid is summoned, though this is a special occurrence because it doesn't interfere with When...you can effects. Basically, quantum mechanic levels of time passed, not enough for it to be considered moving on to the next event, but enough that Absolute Zero has to Trigger first.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Hjalmar posted:

Chicken Game x3
Pseudospace x3
Terraforming x3
Upstart Goblin x3
Royal Magical Library x3

That's fine. This is fine. There's nothing wrong with this. This isn't hell.

Don't forget Terraforming x2-3, Into the Void x3, One Day of Peace x1 ...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Beef Chief posted:

Crossout, Royal Command, and Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror are some of the most common sides against Shaddolls. They are a super good deck and one of the best ones right now in the TCG Meta.

People used crossout more when Shaddolls first popped up. Nowadays, the fusions are considered the bigger threat, so De-Fusion is a common side-deck card (they won't get back their materials, since Shaddolls don't use specific cards for the fusion.)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cabinet posted:

Does the OCG even get exclusive archtypes? Because now it just seems as if Konami throws a dart at the list and whatever it hits becomes a OCG exclusive for maybe forever, maybe 5 years

Most Japanese Exclusives are Legacy Support for existing Archetypes, such as Elemental Hero Blazeman, Ghostrick Socuteboss (Succubus),and Chronomaly Nebra Disk, which we got almost 2 years later, and Chronomaly missed its chance to be an actual competitive deck (Chronomaly Artifacts were the best deck in the OCG for a period of time), whereas the Korean Exclusives are them doing cool things with original cards, and not so cool things with the "Lovecraft" Archetype(Combined Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz archetype that uses each other, though really Noden (Or Elder Entity Norden as he is going to be called here) is the really busted one. Note even because he makes instant fusion an instant Rank 4; Rater it's because his effect goes off whenever he is summoned, allowing for you to abuse and spam his effect for some crazy FTK/OTKs.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lisandra_brave posted:

The Damage step.
Seven substeps[...]

The holy grail of arcane bullshit, the damage step!

The only step you can't have multiple chains in is 4. The only effects that can be activated in substep 4 are things that say "during damage calculation" and things that negate those effects.

Not to mention, the Damage Step is a Sub-Phase of the Battle Phase, which includes
1. Start of the Battle Phase
2. Attack Declaration (You select attacking monster and Attack Target, one of the fundamental differences between Magic and Yugioh. You get one chain here to activate cards in response to an attack [Mirror Force and Dimensional Prison], but after that chain, But before Damage Step-, you can activate any other cards in a chain [Book of Moon/Forbidden Lance], and have as many chains as necessary.)
3. Damage Step: Same as Lisandra posted, though it should be added that only certain cards can activate in damage step, mainly Effects that increase or decrease or DEF, or Counter Traps. This means you can't use Book of Moon or Spellbook of Wisdom, but damage can use Forbidden Lance, Forbidden Chalice,et cetera.

And then 2 and 3 repeat, till
4. End of Battle Phase (Effects Like Inferno Seitemas here.)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

Speaking of extra deck, can you recommend anything fun focused on pendulum/XYZ/synchro stuff? I've never played with any of them before and my mates play very heavy with all that and it seems like fun. I can probably put down low three figures if it gives me a fun deck that will actually be capable versus my friends tier 1-3 stuff.

Sounds like your best bet would be Shaddolls, which uses Fusions, Synchros, and Xyz, and has decent matchups against most of your friends decks. There are a variety of builds you can use, and I personally have the most fun with this deck out of all of the "Meta" Decks. I would recommend you look up some decklists online and at card prices to decide if it seems like the sort of deck you want to commit to and play.

I like Volcanics as well, which are fairly cheep, (Though you might need Lose 1 Turn[/i], which is quite expensive for a single card) but I don't think you would like their playstyle, since it is a reactive deck that focuses on blowing out your opponent and doesn't really ever go into the extra except for the occasional Xyz, and has very bad matchups against Qliphort and Nekroz.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Hellsau posted:

Are there actual big cash tournaments for Yu-Gi-Oh? I borrowed Six Samurais a few years ago and top eighted a 200 person regionals, and prizes were a playmat and sleeves and everyone who entered got five packs. Nationals appeared to have similarly scant prize support. Did I miss something or have Yugioh tournaments changed since Upper Deck got sent to the farm?

A lot of people complain about this, and I can definitely understand the frustration at it when you have to put a lot of money into these decks and spend a lot of money and time traveling to events, especially compared to other TCGs like Magic the Gathering. The thing is, the author of the original manga, Kazuki Takahashi, said that he didn't want the card game to have Cash prizes, because he felt that it went against the playful spirit of the game (Ironic, isn't it :v:), and monetized prizes are apparently illegal in Japan, so it's a case of respecting the authors wishes and the company's structure.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Not to mention that it allowed for us to avoid No(r)den for over a year, and has prevented Cyber Dragon Infinity Spam (tm) from being a thing. We also lost out on ever getting to play Chronomaly Artifacts, which was a tier 1 Deck in Japan (We got Nebra Disk and some Xyz l for the deck like, a year and a half late.)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

lemonslol posted:

Whats the ygo scene like in Japan? Neckbeard equivalents pounding cards in stores? Or is it younger children?

You have a good mixed range, but it seems like they are, overall, less competitive in the "No fun, only serious card games" way. They are usually more willing to try to combine or innovate old decks. Notably, they have always had a thing for HEROs, and a HERO deck actually won 1st place at the Japanese World Championship Qualifier, and other varieties of HERO (HERO Infernities, Pendulum HEROs) also did very well. If helps that they have Stratos, though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

Where do you buy your singles from? The best I've found so far is a yugioh sales Australia Facebook page, but I literally cannot find a Black Rose Moonlight Dragon for sale anywhere in Aus. Most people have never heard of it.

You might want to make sure it's tournament legal over there, first. Sometimes European regions have a weird thing where Manga Cards and other Promos aren't considered legal in those regions, and that might apply to Black Rose Moonlight Dragon as well, since it came from one of these mangas.

EDIT: Black Rose Moonlight Dragon :siren: is not legal:siren: for European countries, so you should look into it first before you buy it.

Julias fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Aug 9, 2015

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There's an error with your link.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Nephe Shaddoll Fusion is a decent card, but the Regular Fusion and El Fusion work better for the deck, not to mention that Shaddoll Core serves almost the same purpose. (And you can send him with Construct to retrieve your fusion from rave to push for more damage/defense.

You need to run more lights in your deck; There are multiple variations, including splashing Artifacts(Rank 5 and counters other strategies), splashing White Dragon Wyverbuster and Black Dragon Collapserpent (For rank 4 plays), splashing Star Seraphs (Explosive Rank 4 Plays, but pretty inconsistent.) or just going with good generic support (Effect Veiler, Denko Sekka, Thunder King Rai-Oh). I prefer the last myself, especially since Artifact Moralltach is at 1.

Other staples you should consider running are Foolish Burial and Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the End. Depending on your build, I'd say Dark Armed Dragon is fair game, as is Jar of Avarice (Player Preference, if you burn out of monsters too fast.) Compulsory Evacuation Device, Book of Moon, Vanity's Emptiness, and Mistake are also decent cards to run. And if you can get away with it, Super Polymerization is godly (Shaddolls are the reason why that card is now banned.)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just so you know, Ido Marcus said that he would have cut the Mind Control for Compulsory Evacuation Device, but it isn't a bad card, especially against Nekroz. A lot of card choices just depend on the meta around where you live, and the like.

As for lights, You probably could get away with the effect veilers for the side deck if you play Seraphs in the main deck. I won't lie, I don't really like the engine, because it can be quite inconsistent. However, it does give you massive advantage when you pull it off. If you are playing them, you need to pick up Rank 4s that require 3 or more Xyz to summon, the most common being Evilswarm Ouroboros and Stellarknight Delteros, and with delteros you can run Constellar Stellarknight Diamond, which is a good lockdown card in the mirror match and against BA.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dabir posted:

why is it not constellarknight

Because the TCG is bad with card names.

Here is a thread complaining all about it.

For Examle, Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss was tranlated litterally into Spanish and Portuguese as Virgil, Rock(Stone) Star(Sun) of the Burning Abyss :eng99:

And other things, like Thunder King Rai-Oh = Thunder King Thunder King :downs:

Edit: BurritoJustice, since you are aiming for a Synchro build, I would suggest running all 3 Veilers, and possibly Denko Sekka if you can pick her up real cheap (She's going to get a reprint in the Megatins next month, so I would wait until then to pick her up.)

Julias fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 12, 2015

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

If I can get this burning Abyss deck for 125USD including shipping would it be worth it? I just spent a bunch building shaddolls to get back into the game (hell I'm not even finished on that deck...), but it seems to me at this price I would be paying less for the whole deck than just the Dante's would cost on their own. BA seems fun to play and similar to dolls, but I'd probably resell if the margins are good.

Edit: I totally didn't meant to quote this but as I did, gently caress yeah nekroz lost. Go tellars. Can anyone explain why tellers weren't at the WCQ finals much but successful in the WC finals?

BA isn't legal in OCG, so It wasn't allowed at Worlds. Shaddolls have a bunch of holes in it (Such as Construct to 0, El Fusion to 1, Mathematician to 1), and Nekroz, while filled with holes, still had its power plays, and is, in general, a very adaptable deck, which many weren't considering as viable for worlds, so it had a surprise factor to it. Satellars are a decent deck, and didn't loose anything from the combined list except for two Reinforcements of the Army (ROTA).

Also, if the BA deck includes the extra (3 Dante, 1 Virgil, etc.), then I would consider it if you have the disposable income, otherwise, if it's just the main deck, probably not.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

EDIT: Bwahahahaha those Burning Abyss names. Good job, KoJ. Good job taking after your TCG branch.

Grabbersnitch and Gatorhog :allears:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

Can I ask why you think the traps don't suit the deck? They seem quite useful to me to have the reactionary plays, and they seem quite popular in the competitive dolls decks I've seen online too. Just curious.

It's more a matter of how may traps you run. Too many makes Shaddolls clunky and inconsistent with their Fusion plays, and it directly conflicts with Denko Sekka.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

I'm going to say something I never thought I'd have to say: Performapals are too strong and need a hit.

Monkeyboard! :argh:

Foe those who don't know what we will soon be dealing with, if Lavalval Chain wasn't banned: Mmmm that Plus 6Lockdown (Don't blame me that the diagram is terrible.)

Still allows for massive Rank 4 Spam.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

I don't think I get what you're saying. What do you mean, have them target a specific attribute?

And please, no more dark/spellcasters. We have way too many of those already. :/

MAGI MAGI ☆ MAGICIAN GAL begs to differ :colbert:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Here is a list of my favorite Xyz Cards

For Card Art/Aesthetic:
R0: Number S0: Hope ZEXAL (Looks somewhat decent, not goofy like the other Rank 0 card design)
R1:Slacker/Shyneet Magician (Kind of unique for a Yu-Gi-Oh card, depicting a regular, lazy person. Feels more personal)
R2:Cat Shark (Would be an awesome pet, and art is cutesy to go with it)
R3:Ghostrick Alucard (Slick design, cool costume)
R4:Gold Rare Madolche Queen Tiaramisu, (The way the background reflects near perfectly, complements an already good artwork), otherwise Vylon Disigma (Bold Colors, menacing figure, otherworldly)
R5:Constellar Pleiades (Rocking that Cape, Armor, and Stylish Gear)
R6:Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal (Very Sexy, but also just really cool looking)
R7:Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon (Very cool dragon, vicious design and effect matches with card's theme)
R8:Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand (Warrior of light in front of the shadow of the original Fegrand Dragon. Really beautiful)
R9:Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon (The Ghostly Dragon is really unerving, and properly sets up a sense of dread, especially against anyone who has played against this deck while it had the Dragon Rulers)
R10:Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Superior Dora (Artwork looks like something out of a WWIII propaganda poster. Incredibly striking, also kinda phallic.)

For Effect:
R0: Number F0: Utopic Future (Pretty much Oni FTK, more useful than other Rank 0)
R1:Number 54: Lion Heart (No bro, you take the battle damage, and whats more, I'll use this effect so you take the battle damage again. GG?)
R2:Daigusto Phoenix (Can do 3k by itself, is useful for clearing out chump blockers, etc.)
R3:Leviair the Sea Dragon (A card that will always see play in Yu-Gi-Oh, since it both benefits decks that banish a lot and also allows for some sick combos. Also has decent stats for a Rank 3)
R4:Lightning Chidori (Good thing this card isn't Generic, otherwise it would be in pretty much every deck. Very powerful effects, and it pays for itself on the first turn it is summoned, and if you can keep it alive, gives you interest!)
R5:Constellar Pleiades (Very Strong Field Control, Good Stats)
R6:Full Armored - Crystal Zero Lancer (If summoned using a Rank 5 WATER monster, it is a 3700 ATK monster that has Number 101 Style protection, AND can negate your opponents monster's effects during your turn. Is an out to Apoqliphort Towers, too. I feel like it's been out in the OCG for a couple of years, so it is very likely that we will never get this card)
R7:Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon (Powerful monster, cannot be destroyed, does incredible amounts of burn, and supports Red-Eyes Deck very well)
R8:Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon (Very Strong monster, can negate other monster effects, and if your opponent tries smething funny without being able to destroy this, becomes a 4000 beater that can attack twice)
R9:Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir (For Gagaga, it is a really good non-destruction removal card, that has many uses)
R10:Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer (5K ATK, 5k DEF, Harpies Feather Duster that your opponent cannot respond to. Very powerful stuff right here.)

R11 and R12 have no good cards...
Julias is online now Add to Julias's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Senerio posted:

The best way to face Nekroz is to play Tetsudo erat Numen in defense mode. It's a side in my Aquaactresses for a reason.

A good Nekroz player would just use Dance Princess/Sorcerer/Clausolas + Decisive Armor to get around it...
Still, neat tech, and could stall them out for a bit if they used too many resources.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Ignoring the majesty that is Grabbersnitch and Gator(guttle?)hog, you've got Scarmallion, Rubicant, and Barbariccia. I'm getting FF4 Flshbacks...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Seems like they took a lot of influence from the TCG unlimits. Really like Book of Moon and Mind Control working their way up. Allure of Darkness might be cool. Evigishki Gustkraken is a little bit risky, but probably not broken. However, Honest at 3 seems pretty stupid. Bottomless Trap Hole is kind of tricky, since it does counter pendulums, but it also gives Traptrix Rafflesia more power. Also, they seem to be coming to an understanding ho Toxic Rank 4 can be for the game, if only slightly, by hitting No(r)den and Ptolemaeus.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

the Orb of Zot posted:

I find it kind of sad how the powercreep in YGO has gotten so completely insane that such banlist changes like Charge of the Light Brigade to 2, Gateway of the Six to 2, Honest to 3, and Crush Card Virus to 2 are no longer worth mention.

Also the fact that Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End is legal at 3 copies in a deck and the reaction is "whatever". Considering a year ago the idea that CED would be unbanned ever was still in the realm of "never happening in a million years", the fact that it's now completely unlimited and the reaction isn't "ABANDON GAME" is just horrifying.

(Meanwhile, the fact that Clownblade is already being considered to be more overpowered than Dragon Rulers ever were and that they were BOLSTERED by the banlist rather than hit doesn't make any sense at all)

Chaos Emperor Dragon had an errata in the OCG, so it only does burn damage for the cards your opponent had, and it has the clause that you can't activate any other effects for the rest of the turn (Killing off old strategies and preventing you from abusing floaters, Grave swarmers, etc.). Basically, it can push for game, but that's pretty much it, and leaves you wide open.

As for "Clownblade", the original concept (Performage Trick Clown + Assault Halberd and friends) isn't that broken, but is a solid engine. The real brokeness comes into play with the pendulum monsters in the next set, giving us Magicians, Performages, and Performapals that set up the field in an extremely strong lock and give you so much advantage that it really feels like a coinflip format (Like Frog FTK).

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7413

So they are changing the way rarities are processed. I'm excited for it, though hopefully Konami doesn't pull a Secret Forces and start Short Printing higher rarity cards...

Also sucks about the Ultimates being cut, but at least we will get a few here and there from Astral Packs.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^Honestly, just depends on your style

Also, HOLY poo poo!:

Solemn Notice

quote:

When a monster(s) would be Special Summoned, OR a monster effect is activated: Pay 1500 LP; negate the Special Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Instant 3 of Staple. How long will this card see play until it is hit?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Cimoooooooo (Exactly 8 o's, just full of energy in his videos, though some, like his early banlist videos, are plain awful) and AlintheaYoh (European player, judge, very experienced, and well though-out videos. Awesome deck profiles. Has started to sell out a bit recently, but still a good guy) are quite nice.

Depending on your tolerance, I usually enjoy MegacapitalG (Though he has trouble reading half of the time), and XUnderGroundMembersX (unusual sense of humor and unique videos, but like button whores, though I personally love them).

Azneyeswhitedragon (or Slaydra as he goes by now) was decent a couple of years ago, but now it's all memes and streams...completely unawesome.

You can also check out House O' Champions or TheCardGuyz for professional players and their decks, profiles, etc.

Edit: Also, watch out for Kozmo Kings, now.

Double Edit: Can't believe I forgot to mention GalacticGod (He's pretty chill, nice, simple videos), and Yugimation, who has some cool videos.

If you are into product openings, JRBjobber is your best bet. He's somewhat gotten onto the "meme" train as of late, and is somewhat of a sellout, but he has a fun-loving personality, and does a good range of product, including trade binders and such for all of the jealous nerds online to be angry over (He's heavily involved in selling product, so that's why).

Julias fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 19, 2015

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^Just a heads up, Naturia Beast isn't really good in Shaddolls, because it requires both an Earth Tuner AND Earth non-Tuners, meaning you pretty much need Glow-up Bulb + Hat Tricker/ Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness. You can playtest it, but It won't come up very much. Dropping 101 is a good idea, though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This set is going to sell like hotcakes. ALL of the good imports, and decent cards in it too? Take my money now!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

Not all of the good imports. There's still a handful of things that would be really nice for the TCG to have.

DIAMOND DUST WHEN, KONAMI? IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS. :argh:

I know what you mean. Full Armor Crystal Lancer (The Rank 6 WATER girl) should have come out over 2 years ago, as well.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

They're not giving TCG anything from that Duelist Pack and I don't understand why.

They're bad at managing imports. No seriously, just like how they wasted an Import and Ultra slot in Clash of Rebelions on Hi-Speedroid Kendama, when it would be reprinted less then 2 months later in High-Speed Riders (Still salty about this, wanted a Kozmo Farmgirl, or any decent Ultra for that matter).

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

Took my Shaddolls deck to locals for the second last time ever and I didn't lose a single round. Bittersweet.

Does anyone have recommendations for a competitive deck in this new format? I've got a regionals in two weeks I'd like to do well at. Kozmos are obviously the best option, but close to $1000 AUD with the new support included, way out of range. I've been looking at Yang-Zings and Majespecters. Yang Zings are honestly interesting to me because they have easy access to Black Rose Dragon, which is the best exciton replacement I can think of. Majespecters are fairly cheap with the exception of the ultra rare monster, and they seem to be on track to be a new tier 1 deck.

Take my word for it- Pure Magespectures is kinda inconsistent. Once the Magician Structure Deck comes out, then they will be a viable deck (If not the top deck). Yang Zings will be decent, but are a tricky deck to use, since they all can miss the timing, meaning that a skilled opponent can play around them. Satellarknights would be decent until stronger stuff comes out, but are easy to side against (Light-imprisoning Mirror, Royal Decree, Denko Sekka).

Other possible rogue you may see popping up include Traptrix/HAT, Geargia, Mermail, Spellbooks, etc.

As somebody whose real life decks were Shaddolls, Ritual Beasts, and Volcanics, I'm kind of torn, and basically said "screw it, I'm burning the world down this format". I'm playing Volcanics and Volcanic Shaddolls (Grystia is a great out to pendulums).

Realistically speaking, I'd just wait until either the Monarchs come out or we get all of the Performapal and Perormages stuff in Breakers of Shadows.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
So, for those who haven't heard, X-Saber Palomuro of all things is starting to see maindeck play in Pendulum decks.

This is because he can make Naturia Beast with Gem-Knight Garnet / Performage Hat Tricker, or Trishula w/ 2 lvl 4s.

You have to love how hilariously overwrought some of these combos truly are.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

I was about to ask 'why not Glow-Up Bulb?' and then I remembered King of the Feral Imps is a thing.

It's an EARTH, Reptile-Type, Level 1 Tuner, searchable by a generic Rank 4.

The stars of the universe could not have aligned better for this crappy X-Saber to have this one chance in the spotlight. He didn't even see play when X-Sabers were a good deck!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

Newest OCG list bans plushfire, damage juggler and shock master with no other changes. They even included a blurb in VJump stating they intended to kill off EMEm completely.

That wasn't the full scan btw, and it hasn't been officially confirmed (their lists don't usually show pictures like that, but even if they do, the image is cut off)

Not saying that it might not be the list, but just saying that it isn't 100% confirmed.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

I hope you're joking because that's overkill. :stare:

Well, Pendulum Sorceror should be on the list, if they really wanted to kill off the deck. I can understand Damage Juggler, both for his searchability, his attribute (He helps Shaddolls), interactions with cards like Brilliant Fusion (mostly seen in TCG) and Wavering Eyes(Which should also be limited, if not banned, for its interactions in the Pendulum Mirror Match. Will now be searchable via Left Arm Offering.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

Damage Juggler doesn't help Shadolls because they banned Construct.

I'm saying if Construct were to come back, this card had to go. :ssh:

• Locked thread