Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=nuGLoZ1iUOU#t=1m01s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

yeah mac os 9 was garbage

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/31/opinion/let-consumers-use-better-cheaper-cable-boxes.html

hmmmmmmm seems like someone wrote to the ed board about it

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

:cool:

should i wait for skylake 15" mbpr's or will it notm ake a difference

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

just run your pirated animes through handbrake jfc
ban for :filez:, ban for anime

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

what was it yospos was saying when ipad 1 was announced

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

zen death robot posted:

It looks really bad
it really doesnt

like at all

lol yes ty for this

i miss tarm

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

im trying to send someone music + playlists on a flash drive. if i edit the m3u playlists to change from, for instance

code:
#EXTINF:315,Odessa - Caribou
/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Caribou/Swim/01 Odessa.mp3
to

code:
#EXTINF:315,Odessa - Caribou
~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Caribou/Swim/01 Odessa.mp3
will it import correctly on their computer?

e: evidently not. gently caress. why is this hard

e2: it works with xml playlists because of the "file://" thing. apparently no one else on the internet has figured this out. whoo

e3: except the XML file also has the itunes persistent ID and other poo poo that could gently caress everything up. what the hell ahaha.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 21, 2015

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

if u want a good phone os the only way to go is Windows 10.
welcum to the social

:69snypa:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

infernal machines posted:

hold on, i'll squirt you a file
"Because the value of Zune, if were successful, is all in the software. Its in community [the ability to share music and pictures with other Zune users]. I want to squirt you a picture of my kids. You want to squirt me back a video of your vacation. Thats a software experience."

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ok question. i know mbps run hot. but is it really normal for this 13" 2009 poo poo to run 75-85c just while using word powerpoint and a few chrome tabs

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Smythe posted:

He does.
:respek:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The Management posted:

if only here was some way to Report an Issue
i had a tomtom and it was poo poo so this explains a lot actually

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

i hope somebody drops a piano on your dick some day shaggar

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ahmeni posted:

shaggar in p minor
:perfect:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Oh for days of yonder, when we had Steve Jobs to wow us with the latest stuff. His keynotes were legendary, and I looked forward to every one with baited breath. Those days are gone forever, alas.

It seems as though Cook almost wants to disappoint us, wants the keynote to be dull, wants to concentrate on watch bands, Eddy Cue wobbling to music, vacuous celebrities and pushing ads and subscriptions, all things that fly in the face of Steve's Apple.

Perhaps, one day, Apple will be released from the clutches of decay. May we all yearn for a return to Apple's original Raison d'être: providing us with the finest computers. Goodbye distractions, hello focus. I fear my optimism is hopeless and deluded. :(

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

My iPhone has been getting stuck in 1x mode lately when it comes out of no service so I have to toggle airplane mode to force it to reconnect to LTE.
mine does this too and its super loving irritating, like back when i would park in a garage during the day i would be hard resetting my phone when i came out

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

every time I switch over to the Siri newsfeed there's at least two Washington Post articles up front like MEAT IS TERRIBLE CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY and YOU WONT BELIEVE THESE FIVE THINGS CELEBRITIES SAID ABOUT THE DALLAS SHOOTINGS is there any way to switch the Siri feed to my News app feed? or at least get Siri to stop suggesting the Washington Post. Tia.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

He misses steve
:perfect:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the lightning connector is superior to 3.5mm just as it was to the dock connector and for the same reasons. this isnt hard

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ok theres been a lot of whining itt and elsewhere about the headphone jack removal

there are three categories of headphone users

1 - rubes
2 - "audiophiles" / ppl who like high-end audio
3 - people attached to their current wired earbuds

for group 1, wireless earbuds are preferable to wired earbuds for all sorts of reasons - formfactor, etc. these people already listen to compressed audio so the quality degradation from going wireless doesn't matter.

for group 2, where i sit - lightning headphones are a lot better and eliminating the headphone jack on the iphone to speed the conversion is real nice. getting inline/dac amps means no more awkwardly carrying a separate dac/amp taped to your phone. high-end headphones that are actually portable are now possible, look at the crazy poo poo audeze is already turning out. this type of device can't exist without the lightning jack.

for group 3, if you are really that attached to what you have just use the loving adapter, its not that hard and if you leave it on the headphone cable youll forget about it pretty quickly

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

C.H.O.M.E posted:

great so i can unplug from my phone and plug into my laptop for a meeting and forget the adapter at my desk and be unable to use my phone all night even when i have headphones sounds great..... not!!!
how are you going to forget your adapter when its attached to your headphones. this is really straightforward

this is just like with the optical drive except ditching the headphone jack places less of a burden on users and has genuine benefits besides Thinness

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

C.H.O.M.E posted:

how do you not understand that i have to take it off the end to plug my headphones into my laptop? it's another thing to lose that adds zero value. it is not a feature.
idk stick it in your pocket and stop being 5

it adds zero value if you are both poor and a plebe as outlined above

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i already use lightning headphones because they are superior

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

look at this poo poo

these are planar magnetic earbuds. by definition you need plenty of power to drive a planar magnetic device. the only reason this combination works at all is because thanks to the lightning jack it has an inline dac/amp/dsp. it comes with an app w/ a 10-band EQ

bow down bitches

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

C.H.O.M.E posted:

if you want these the headphone jack existing does not stop you from getting them, it just makes the phone better than one without a headphone jack.
it forces headphone makers to switch to either of the better standards, wireless or lightning

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

C.H.O.M.E posted:

15k and 20k watches don't exist anymore lol
did patek philippe, JLC, and vacheron suddenly stop existing?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

C.H.O.M.E posted:

hmmmm in the apple thread maybe i am talking about the apple watch it is crazy i know
o

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the best input device, the magic trackpad, has one

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

bump_fn posted:

i just checked and apple at least still sells its usb keyboard that has the numpad built in, surprised they didn't kill that out of spite
guess what else they still sell, for $50 lol

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...521d5451c64faeb

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

or just buy decent wireless earbuds, apple headphones have always been lovely, thats why it made sense for them to buy Beatz

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

(beats are also dogshit)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

its not an oxymoron but there arent any outright good ones

for 99% of iphone owners, wireless earbuds are the best choice

for everyone else theres audeze et al.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

11 years

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

wat

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i mean, ok, they do make cars with innovative materials to exacting standards, but its not like they have any experience making a consumer focused car on a budget

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Nope read the reviews. They are as good, if not better than the real snes controllers. It's no bullshit. I have two and never thought I'd use em over the actual controllers.
username / post combo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Though lol if anyone finds an LCD acceptable in an arcade cabinet smdh
yea sorry let me just drop hundreds of dollars and maybe electrocute myself to get a headache while playing games

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I tried to go LCD in my MAME cabinet because finding a new 25" arcade crt was literally impossible until one day I finally found one and I can sleep at night. If you're gonna put an lcd in an arcade cabinet you might as well be one of those people that just throws two x arcade sticks in front of their plasma and call it an arcade! My stars.
that is not the same thing at all, there is a real tangible benefit to building your own arcade controls and there also are plenty of real tangible benefits to using an lcd besides ~*muh scanlines*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cook'dPC

• Locked thread