Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

First boat to Velious on blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Please dont post about it on the p99 forums at all :ohdear:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

Got a res at the entrance, but now I just need a port out. I do not trust myself to feign flop past all those casters to get to the zone out.

Haha what zone

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

You actually want to make sure Sneak is really active too before pulling, sometimes you can hit the button and its like it doesnt stick. So hit the button and strafe a little back & forth, if you are moving at like 1/4 speed then Sneak is really active. You can then make your throw and any mob on side of or with its back to you will not see you and ignore the pull.

The cap is 113 by the way so make sure thats maxed too

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

aparmenideanmonad posted:

This is a solid guide for a solo shaman on a budget: http://wiki.project1999.com/Evil_Shaman_Solo_Guide

It's not going to be the fastest possible route as that dude prefers outdoor zones with easy kills that have low ZEMs, though the big advantage there is you aren't beholden to lovely groups, overcamped or trainy zones, or high risk camps that are hard to break.

Gearwise on a shaman the only thing that matters much is whether you have a fungi/iksar BP, though a badass weapon and haste can help a lot all the way up depending on what you're killing (facetanking with slow while beating poo poo up is legit). Canni and regen at 24 make your max hp/mana less important for grinding out XP (still important for hard/long fights).

I melee'd on my shaman until 34 when I got a decent root. I found the poisonwind censer and a haste belt to be invaluable.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

lemonslol posted:

I just got to 16 in on an enchanter. Going to try for twenty today. I'll try to hit up that helpful goon to see if I can get some money for spells.

I'll give you 500p for spells if you transfer some poo poo for me in EC.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

I need the 500p and would be happy to help anybody transfer anything :cheeky:, I can self-port around too for easy transport!

19 Druid Byrch hit me up for your trading / sow needs if you see me online anytime, the reason I play druid is to run around having fun helping people. I don't even mind helping some goons power level for awhile, although my buffs aren't crazy strong yet so only good for newbies.

Helped a goon friend get his enchanter up to level 5 real quick last night, probably gonna play a good bit this weekend and push towards 30.

I'll be around all day chillin in the tunnel. I dont mind tossing out 500p for a transfer since its kind of a hassle, I need to move 6 bags of gear and a pile of plat from my shaman and enchanter to my monk. My drat alt-itis burnt me out and I wanna delete those guys and just have my monk :shibe:

EDIT: Rottenberry got me but i can give you 500p spell money no problem im kinda rich.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 21, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Velious armor is soo sexy it hurts

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Lakedaimon posted:

what set is that from?

I only have Velious pants and they have a dragon on the side im not even sure Hot Topic would have stocked them back in 1998

Its the Black Pantherskin set. I bought 10 of 12 pieces last night for like 50k =( It'll probably be like 500 per piece in 6 months but :effort:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

One of my great joys back in 2001 or whenever Velious released on live was monster summoning a sand giant in oasis and running to the docks with it. Griffon in EC tunnel was fun too.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dirt posted:

There was anywhere from 2 to 4 other people there with me

Before Velious dropped there was always 12+ nerds there you got it easy now.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kalaxus posted:

I managed to grind my way to 7 in Nek Forest but am now stuck with mobs that barely give any xp and mobs that are so strong they require HT to even have a shot of soloing. Back in 1999, I smuggled myself out to Crushbone for these levels with my SK not realising just how many damned warrior faction DEs there are scattered around Neriak. The pyramid and monoliths in nek forest spawn way too many mummies, and fighting the zombies is like 20% chance of victory with HT and even if I win disease increases downtime by around 5x or so it seems. Guess I have to look into those guilds you all been mentioning to level up

If you're in nektulos- in the northeast corner is a group of three higher level undead on 6 minute spawn timers that can carry you to 10.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pratan posted:

Any good places to ghetto fear kite my way up to 55ish?

I ground out the nobles in highkeep until 54 when they turn green, probably wouldnt even have to fear.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

faulteroy posted:

Cabilis is kind of a pain in the rear end at first, but it's also pretty small. Three rules: Don't go in the water unless you have to, stay away from the froglok slaves until level 6 or so, and don't go exploring in the SK/Shaman guild.. you'll eventually get stuck in a maze that's annoying to get out of.

Everything you need is in East Cabilis. When facing the SK/Shaman guild with your back to the water, Field of Bone is to the right behind the building. The bank is behind you, to the left. Food/drink can be found on the vendors near the West Cabilis zone line.

WinEQ2 limits your framerate to ~60 by default, which may seem choppy if you're used to 100+ FPS. You can change the options in the EQPlayNice area of the configuration to increase your framerate.

I always found if i was auto-running from west to east i would end up in the water on loading, but if i clicked off autorun and manually moved forward into the west/east zone it wouldnt poop me out into the water.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

What do they call Bubba in thai?

Or wait them are some little bastards over there you probly Bubba huh

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

There's been serious GM drama lately

:allears: Like what? I checked out of p99 a while ago but the drama over 20 year old emulated pixels was always funny.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Seriously don't loving do it.

Unless of course you are a masochist like moolchaba. I dont have archives but he did a warrior solo from 1-60 and 99% into 60 too!

:negative:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

a real jerk posted:

Censored now, but Derubael made $11k from selling items from banned accounts :lol:

Thats probably why rogaine doesnt ever make any new guides or gm's like greengrocer was bitching about, that or he just gives zero fucks about p99 anymore.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

a real jerk posted:

I love video games

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yo dudes this is Hexel. I got the Project 99 urge again after giving away my monk to a friend months ago. I am starting from scratch on blue as a necro because gently caress leveling 50-60 as a melee.

I leveled 1-10 in FOB and farmed up the mats and crafted my own raw silk set and bought all my bags and spells up until 20. I caught a port to WC and am sitting in EC now looking for an invite to UG whenever. I shall be around the commons areas working FP faction.

I will also accept any and all goonerosity/gear. God bless

Name is Xtek

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I'm traveling for the holidays but I'll be happy to hook you up when I'm back on Wednesday. Welcome back man!

Jeah got me tagged im set buddy.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

What is p2002 and is it in the eqemu list

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Its almost like if you dont raid and play on blue you never have any problems at all :shobon:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Why is torpor only 7k on red? Its been 100k ish on blue forever. Seen a guy offering 120k for it last week :psyduck:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

a real jerk posted:

Grocer releasing account+character names now. gently caress him.

Where is all this happening so I can :munch:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

hayden. posted:

Isn't EQ sort of the opposite of a sandbox? There is literally zero player-made environmental objects.

Sandbox in this case meaning there no training wheels or rails guiding you where to go and what to do.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

but but pixels

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

shits classic

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Did they nerf the 6 minute bard diet? I tried 2 of them last night: Drizda and the Dark Deathsinger and both of their respawns are 22 minutes now :negative:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Went from 24 to halfway through 25 on my necro in one sitting feels good man.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kuai posted:

Is there a way to not make EQ gently caress with my gamma when I play?

wineq2 > settings > lock gamma

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

Well shoot. I always planned to farm a second one for sale. I will never part with my necro's. :rip:

they are currently selling for 9-10k

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

so make a level 1 DE and look?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

what is discord

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Leviabeetus posted:

It was a perma-death pvp server

:stonk:

Leviabeetus posted:

three whole people will vie for greatness and glory against each other

pretty much

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hardcap of 25 placed on AOE rip chardok proxy

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252292

Bards? nah

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

thats loving awesome

makes me wanna set up my own but im afraid it would consume my gaming time for much too long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kenlon posted:

A kind goon dropped a bunch of gear on me last night - it's amazing what having a good weapon does for your ability to kill things. Though I did have to root and sit to med a lot (clerics not being solo powerhouses.) I managed to hit 10 and am hoping to pack on a couple more levels tonight so I can maybe go to Unrest and give that place a try. My anti-undead nukes look pretty useful.

EDIT: He also gave me some plat - how much would it cost to get some weight reducing bags? Is that a sane thing to shoot for as a new player?

you can get shralok packs 25% reduc for about 100pp, lionhide packs 35% for 150-200

i started thinking about and being able to afford weight reduction bags around 20 ish on my first character