Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Well, that Autolux song playing is the most interesting thing to happen thus far (for me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

That goony kid's "I loving told you so" face was good at least.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

KoRMaK posted:

lol a whole scene in spanish with subtitles

speaking in spanish for a whole scene is the new hipster/media marketing thing to capture the latino market

narcos is doing it. its fine, i have a small comfort issue with it though becuase when i watch something i alot of times take my eyes off of it so its a small pita where i have to keep my eyes on the screen when there is just dialog playing out- but i think its a funny trend because some marketing group is probably driving it. they probably had a meeting about capturing more demos. so its not driven altruistically, just plain old capitalism

Jesus Christ, man. It's a show set in Los Angeles.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Austrian mook posted:

Nobody in this thread knows the difference

I'm part-Hispanic and even I don't know the difference. :shrug: :911:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

LeJackal posted:

Wait, did Grandma not get medicine or treatment or anything for her foot? She's just chilling there, foot-dying up in that bedroom?

She got some of the pills that the mom stole for faux-Depp. It's why she's not in extreme pain at the moment.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Can the surly Salvadoran dad be the main character? He's better than everyone else.

He's got second billing on the credits, IIRC. Ruben Blades owns and I hope he sticks around for a while.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wonder what they'll end up calling zombies on the west coast. They will probably not call them 'walkers'.

Hella Grodies.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

:thurman:

Tomahawk posted:

There is literally zero reason for this show to have no budget and the fact that it is still massively popular in spite of that means it won't ever get the big budget it needs. Solid play AMC.

I believe these six episodes are filmed in Los Angeles and then next season it moves up to Vancouver. Maybe they'll finally have a budget up there.

That also kills any hope of zombies in the desert.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Astroman posted:

I want Strand to show up years later in TWD on the next season. In a perfect suit.

And simultaneously be on FTWD. :allears:

I'm gonna be pissed when Strand dies because he's already more interesting than the rest of the cast (other than Depp Jr.) and most of TWD's actual cast, too.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Zebulon posted:

Stand gettin' sick of other people trying to tell him what to do with his boat.

This is my biggest problem with the show. They're trying to have dramatic tension between Victor "Absolutely Correct in This Situation" Strand and Madison. It would make more sense in a world where its parent show didn't exist but since we, the audience, know that Strand's reasoning is completely justified in this show's universe, it lessens Madison as a character. We're obviously supposed to be rooting for them, too, which makes me go :psyduck:. It's unearned since Strand has been nothing but decent to them thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

That felt like they were trying to stuff in 4 or 5 more episodes of story developments into one hour. Holy poo poo was that a disjointed mess.

• Locked thread