Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

tarbrush posted:

I have an account that I haven't accessed in like three years that's on one of the Euro servers. As part of this merger thing, will I get a chance to move it to whichever American server the Nazgun end up on?

From what I understand, no. EU to US and vice versa transfers still aren't allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

extra stout posted:

Yes and no, what level are you and how many turbine points are on your account? Ever buy any quest packs? Depending on those answers and if you mind running some deeds, you can get to level 48 (entrance to Moria quest line in Eregion) for I don't know... zero to ten dollars?

There's also skirmish grinding just to get high enough level.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Will the horse trader dude still be selling the older rewards back in Michel Delving? Had I known it was a one time thing I'd of picked up the rabbit too.

He's still in MD, as well.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Innerguard posted:

Ah, shitfire. All of my stuff is on Brandywine, but goons are going to be on Landroval and it looks like I came back a few hours too late to miss the transfer window between those. Any info if they're going to open that up again for a short time?

I'd expect middle of September. Here's the latest official word. Bit at the bottom talks about the free transfers between the remaining worlds - sounds like they're looking into making it amount limited (you get some number of free transfers) instead of time limited (you can freely transfer until time X).

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Zipline posted:

I'm at 7 total slots on Imladris, so will I have 7 on whatever server I move to?

And what are the 12 servers, have they announced that?

I think so. As far as I can tell, all accounts just had two additional character slots added to them.

List of servers is here. US is Arkenstone, Crickhollow, Gladden, Landroval, and Brandywine. EU is Belegaer, Gwaihir, Sirannon, Laurelin, and Evernight.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is there anything written up anywhere that breaks down the sub/ftp stuff?

Try here.

Oh, also, because some of the stuff is per character unlocks, it's usually a good idea to fill your character slots and log those character in at least once while you're subscribed.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So I've been on vacation and will be for a bit longer and I was wondering if I don't do the Bingo Boffin quests when they're released I can always catch up? I have no idea how these sorts of things work as usual.

Yeah. The older quests are going to be around forever. The only limitation is that the rest of the quests in the chain will be released once a week.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Zvim posted:

Developer speak for "we can't be bothered".

To be fair to the devs, what we actually got wasn't the cosmetic weapon system everyone was asking for.

(The thing that people asked for included stuff like having a two hander cosmetic weapon override a character's combat animations if they were dual-wielding or sword and boarding. Not sure how that was supposed to work, but...)

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've always liked the idea of the Warden class because there is nothing quite like it in other MMOs. I remember enjoying it, but drat there are so many gambits and buttons to remember that it's going to take me a while. Also, I seem to remember there being some sort of gambit that restored power thatI can't find anymore.

That's Darkness Before Dawn (RGRYR).

Warden trait lines are blue for tanking, red for melee DPS, and yellow for ranged/support. If you use red or blue, make sure you grab the +20% light damage traits in both lines.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Didn't they say they were changing legendaries so you wouldn't deconstruct them all the time? I seem to recall someone mentioning they didn't see that as how they'd be used (somehow...) and legendary items were meant to be yours for a long time and grow with your character.

It's a level 100 thing. One of the LI guys (I think it's the relic one) will have an option to imbue a legendary item. You can do this for level 100 LIs, at which point all of the legacies become independent - they'll have their own max rank and IXP tracks. You can raise the max rank using star-lits and empowerments up to some cap, and they can raise the cap.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How do maps work? You just pick them up and they check off? Are they consumable because I don't want to waste them.

Yup. It's a deed that advances as soon as you have the appropriate map in your inventory.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Rocco_Saint posted:

Oh sweet.... So this is actually going to happen? I've been searching since the last post and all I have seen has been references to the housing patch being delayed (some speculate indefinitely).

Check the 17.1 patch notes on the Bullroarer forum. Store item, though.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

extra stout posted:

I like to type loads of words about video games here are some more, does anyone know how it works with the crafting stations in kin houses? Does it work like a Moria keg or any other item where you could let not just the kin but anyone who visits use it? If so we should all buy one, fill up the yard and save the kin a collective 200 bucks or so. If it works this way we should co-ordinate it, I've got the house next door so I could do the workbench one after I buy some points.

My understanding is, that they work just like regular crafting stations - if you're close enough to one, you get the station buff, and can craft. I remember there being a bit of complaining that you couldn't restrict access to them.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

The Bramble posted:

I'm playing a warden now! Hobbit, of course.

Is there a good writeup somewhere that breaks down which gambits to use in different situation? At level 8 its all just spear-spear, but as content gets more challenging and I start tanking, how do I stay alive? Heal myself? Keep aggro in a group?

By the way Puckles will be looking for a Nazgun invite tomorrow.

The only guides I remember seem to have been lost, and the warden gambit diagram is good as a reference, but not for learning them. So, basics....

Gambits can be grouped into the first builder used. Spear gambits are about doing single target weapon damage. Shield gambits are defensive/survival gambits. Fist gambits were aggro gambits, and are now light damage over time for the most part.

The other thing is, almost all gambits are repeating patterns - they're either ABABA or ABCAB. Shorter gambits have a smaller effect, but everything pretty much does the same thing. For example, shield-spear heals. Shield-spear-shield heals more. Shield-spear-shield-spear used to heal, but doesn't any more. Shield-spear-shield-spear-shield heals even more. So you just need to remember what the basic gambit does, and you can assume the longer versions of it do the same thing, only more so.

Spear-shield is your interrupts.
Spear-fist is your single target direct damage.
Spear-shield-fist is your single target DoT.
Spear-fist-shield is a bunch of utility powers and self-buffs to increase damage.

Shield-spear is your self heals.
Shield-fist is your defensive self buffs.
Shield-fist-spear-shield and shield-spear-fist-shield are also more defensive buffs. (There used to be length three versions of these gambits, but they were horrible and no one used them. Also they were removed.)

Fist-spear is your single target light DoT.
Fist-shield is your AoE light DoT.
Fist-spear-shield-fist-shield is your health leech. It's also a bit weird, since the fifth gambit builder should really be a spear. Length three and four versions of the gambit also exist.

And that's pretty much it. There's a couple other specialized gambits (spear-shield-spear-fist-spear - power restore, fist-shield-fist-spear - AoE light direct damage).

Generally speaking, your fist/light damage gambits do more damage than your spear/weapon damage gambits (especially if you grab both +20% light damage traits). So, if you're killing one thing, use fist-spear gambits. If you're killing multiple things, use fist-shield gambits. If you're dying to a small number of things, use shield-spear gambits to heal. If you're dying to a large number of things, use leeches to heal. If you're tanking an instance, you may want to use more defensive buffs. Also, none of your DoTs stack, so make sure your vary your DoT gambits.

Edit: Oh, and I guess use direct damage if whatever you're fighting is about to die. Or switch targets or run off and wait for the DoTs to kill it. Either/or.

moebius2778 fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 11, 2015

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How do you mean?

Transfers were disabled by the hotfix.

here

moebius2778 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 18, 2015

moebius2778
May 3, 2013
My understanding is that LotRO has always been fairly CPU intensive. No idea why.

A thing you can try is go to Options -> Troubleshooting, and set Engine Speed lower. Maybe down to very low. I don't know. But in theory, that should back off the CPU usage.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

So for leveling LIs what's the fastest way these days. Murder a bunch of roving threats/warbands for lots of quest turn-ins? After making my 1st age weapon I noticed that on my current LIs I can get 2 or 3 useful legacies like AOE healing and resist fear. Also came across a Champion yesterday who had 3 first age weapons/emblems each. The class items were named red/blue/yellow and his weapons looked like they were setup the same way. 4 out of 6 of them were imbued and considering the one weapon had about 10-15% more DPS than my Halberd I'm guessing they dumped a bunch of starlit crystals in to it. Apparently you can use 3 starlit crystals before imbuing, then 3 more after?

Pretty much everything you do will give you IXP, so don't necessarily focus on trying to level up your LIs. Doing stuff will do that. That said, the fastest is probably doing quests - you can hit up dailies, or something.

So the way the starlit work - imbued weapons currently have 14 increases to their max DPS rank. You'll get a bonus of a couple ranks based on what age of LI you started with. Each star lit you used prior to imbuing will give you another increase. After that, you can use as many star lits as you have remaining increases. So, it can be a lot of star lits post-imbue.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013
The new proposed costs are here.

293 marks, 2541 medallions
90 stars of merit
3 morgul crests
20 DA silver pieces
7 gold, 20 silver DA tokens
15 eastern gondor silver pieces
10 gift-giver's brands
4 smith's tokens
1000 commendations

If the smith's tokens cost hold, they're a pretty good deal - I think you can get 12 per day from the dailies. It's like a fifteenish minute run.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Moo Moo Canoe posted:

Still a thing. Been digging around for an hour trying to figure out why I didn't have a transfer button!

It's probably disabled because of the new servers coming up. I'm guessing having pending transfers during the server switch would be a bad idea.

Lars posted:

On another note, I hope this'll do good things to my euro-lag.

Unfortunately, all of the servers'll still be in the US after this update.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Moo Moo Canoe posted:

Had it been re-enabled since that patch (Dec. 17th)? Just trying to figure out if I should actively keep my eye on it, or just let it slide for a while.

I believe so - there was a bit of traffic on when the free Landroval transfer window was actually going to open. That said, official word is they want the situation on the new servers to stabilize before re-enabling transfers. I'd check back in a week, if you're not in a hurry.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

ruffz posted:

I think it's amusing how Turbine intended to have Festival Tokens be a single currency for all festivals, but that never happened and I just noticed they stealthily renamed them Yule Festival Tokens. I have basically next to no Spring Leaves but literally thousands of Yule Festival tokens. It would be nice to have the option to trade them in, even if it's at a 2/1 or 3/1 rate.

Token Exchange barter. At the Party Tree - you can barter it for a Box of Festival Tokens. Exchange rate is variable.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm sad to see that... whatever that skill with the brain icon, where you'd stun the enemy and otherwise gently caress them up, seems to be gone for me. That was always my standard initiation because you could fire it off at long distance.

Test of will. It's yellow only these days.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Orgophlax posted:

I've picked this back up; have always been f2p. If I sub for a month, does that unlock anything permanently on my account like some other f2ps?

Unlocks some stuff for all characters you log in while VIP. Trait spec bonuses, swift travel, gold cap removal, and a couple inventory slots.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Clarence posted:

Does anyone have a link to an up-to-date guide to weapon imbuing?

Googling is bringing back results that are pretty old and keep saying things like "this isn't finalised yet".

I'm closing in on level 100 (yay Frostbluff quests) and want to know things like how many star-lit crystals I should splurge my tokens on.

Try here. Also, see the legacy indices as legacies may change post imbuement.

You'll probably want at least 19 starlits. I believe the current max rank for the default legacy/DPS legacy is 43.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

extra stout posted:

Zao is mostly right as usual, the only changes that I can post (but not confirm because I can't find the forum post) is that they did once write that they removed some of the 'advantages' or fears rather involved with imbueing an item. And yes you can use your delving and your crystal of rememberance right away on the new item, I've been hoarding items for my bear for a year and just finally hit 100, if you add the crystal before you max it's level the legacy will just be called "New Legacy Slot" and I would imagine once you level up that item it will let you choose a legacy to replace that empty one with.

I think pre-imbuement, you'll have to use a legacy replacement scroll, but the new legacy slot is a major legacy, so you can replace it with any legacy. Post-imbuement, you can just choose what legacy to slot into it. (It's the same UI as replacing a legacy, it just doesn't cost anything to replace.)

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

jalapeno_dude posted:

Anyone have any idea what the collection boxes in the Mordor Allegiance halls are for? As far as I can find there don't seem to be faction-specific tasks in Mordor, just the ones for the Conquest of Gorgoroth in the actual camps within Mordor.

I think they're for the collection quests in the Mordor resource instances.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

extra stout posted:

No swords for bears sorry, tried it last night. But my champion can use a unique two handed hammer from back in The Rift instead of his two handed axe. I think aside from the obvious one handers for one handers, two handers for two handers it also has to be a weapon your class is allowed to wield.

You should be able to do it, but only if you're using a club.

Cosmetically, there's two main types of two handed weapons - gripped at the hilt (swords and clubs), and one hand near the head of the weapon and the other towards the base (halberds, hammers, and axes). You can cosmetically equip weapons with the same sort of grip. I think staffs are technically in the halberd, hammer, and axe category, but I don't think you can use a staff skin on them.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Glass of Milk posted:

Mordor tends to suck pretty quickly. Level 106 gear is much better than 105, and you need stuff with light to counteract the zone-wide shadow debuff. The only way to get it is to quest at first, I think. If you can, find a buddy and it will be much more bearable.

One other alternative I've heard of is to ask for a port to the Court of Seregoth to discover it, and then join a set of 105 CoS runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

xZAOx posted:

Is there still no way to swap out imbued legacies aside from pay-to-win? I know you get a few scrolls from years old quests that I've long spent.

Looks like Throne drops them - both raid chests and a barter.