Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Did Code Talker wave his hands a few times and make Venom Snake blink? What was that about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Unless, of course, you put a prosthetic arm on some medic and hypnotize him.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

CJacobs posted:

Paul Eiding is not dead

edit: Oh you mean the Japanese voice actor, who it turns out actually is dead. Yeah that's probably why.

I think it's funny that they wrote around a supporting character because the Japanese VA died, but they had no qualms about changing the English VA for the main character.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Nanomachine

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Confirmed that wearable motorcycle goggles are unlocked with the Chapter 3 DLC if you use the Vita via Remote Play or Transfarring and enter the Konami Code on the Quarantine Platform after fully developing the 4th FOB.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Sylink posted:

I'd rather have co op campaign than Chapter 3.

I want both

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Ekusukariba posted:

"Hey did you see that Big Boss went up to that construction area again?" "Yeah he was just standing there, making a girl voice into his tape recorder"

Whoever you are Boss, I'll only take orders from you

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
From other thread

heh nice try konami, i know this is some guy from the mailroom that you brainwashed into thinking he's kojima, so the real kojima can finish chapters 4-7 without being bothered

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Someone pointed out how appropriate of a song Garbage - Not Your Kind of People was for the trailers. Well I've been on an 80s music kick and how in the ever-living gently caress is Mr Roboto not a collectible tape in this game? The plot of this game comes from the lyrics of those two songs. Come on Kojima-san, release the DLC

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Gammatron 64 posted:

If that were the case, you'd think she'd be wigging out whenever someone spoke it around her.

I guess Quiet is also coincidentally a Navajo, who woulda thunk

She looks Navajo

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah she kinda does. Wonder if she has any relation to Code Talker at all.

They are Vulcan Raven's parents

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Colapops posted:

Quiet is voiced by Stefanie Joosten and is also practically a 3D recreation of her. She's a Dutch model who's probably never set foot in America before Konami got ahold of her and you guys think she looks Navajo?

No, not really, I'm personally making absurdist claims left, right, and center.

Is your roommate Bender from Futurama? Because you're all bent out of shape

I bet she's been to the US and A

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
silent senorita sexily strangled stubborn pseudo snake

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Paz is a clone of The Boss

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Panfilo posted:

So what's Code Talkers parasite powers ? Talking really slow? Rambling? Intense cravings for Hamburgers?

"You must understand...Kazuhira...When I was a young man...you could get a hamburger for a nickel...now these nickels...they were not the nickels you are familiar...they had a bee on them...when a Di'neh went to go trade for a hamburger with the white man...he would wear an onion on his belt...which was the style at the time..."

He can suddenly make candles very important and then make them irrelevant completely forever

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
With The Boss' sneaking suit, can you tactically flop out one titty

Asking for a friend

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Are we going to talk about helicopter lights until we're all green in the face?

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

diamond dog posted:

Here's an example: someone datamined the companion app and found a reference to something called ChicoVilla somewhere to the east of guard post 22 in Africa. This lines up with a strange inaccessible building on a clifftop south east of Nyoba Whatever (with the body pits and unique pair of container buildings). Below this building there's a house with a shed with no door, and a speaker/exhaust fan thing that I haven't seen anywhere else in the game. In Peace Walker Chico says he wants to go hunt bigfoots in Africa.

Rather than being smart and dismissing this, I actually explored the area.
Things I learned:
The africa map is generally a diamond logo with some edits. (I don't see a discernable shape in the afghanistan map.)
On the road between guard posts 22 and 23 in africa, there is a driveway blockade but no continuing driveway. Following this phantom driveway, the mission area ends, but on satellite imagery, there are a handful of buildings a few hundred meters out that form a rectangle, like a villa.
The area where the phantom villa is one of the deletes from the diamond shape of the africa map.
There is actually more poo poo like this that I don't want to type with my phone.

Probably deleted content. Possibly a red herring. But very DLC shaped. Hideo said the medium allows for things you can't do elsewhere. And this would include retconning and rewriting inside of a game to continue to gently caress with player agency and identity. This now concludes my :tinfoil: for the evening.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I suggested to my girlfriend, that she play it in this order 3/1/pw/GZ&5/2/4. then you get all the story in good order relatively.

Or chop 2 and 4 off and never hear about nanomachines or raiden

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
diamond dog is a brainwashed double for kojima and

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I believe in diamond dog

whoever you are

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

He’s called Revolver Ocelot because when you see his dull characterisation you revolve 360 degrees and walk away.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If you have The Finger from Ground Zeroes, that's the one he's telling the speech to. Probably the one guy on your whole squad who doesn't need a lecture about guns.

So in terms of chronology, does this imply that some of the GZ missions were BB/MSF/MB rev1, and some were Venom/DD/ MB rev2? So the canon playable character in GZ missions was sometimes BB and sometimes Venom*?

*with a psuedohistorical creative liberties taken with his left arm and skull and whole body

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
SUCH A LUST FOR MASQUERADES

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Finished Code Talker Exxxtreme last night with No Traces for a bajillion points. After a very tense 20 or 30 minutes of crouch walking on my first try, the 2 sniper skulls by the north exfil found me on the chopper as I was flying out with code talker, and landed kill shots as the door close animation started :suicide:

In frustration, I sprinted most of my next attempt and finished No Traces in under 15 minutes. :slick:

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

diamond dog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmboNvsF9YA

Twice at the beginning and once at the end of the Zero Visits Snake audio we can hear a metal sci-fi door that doesn't fit with the regular wooden door of the hospital room we wake up in:

It makes a distinctive rattling sound (sounds like there's a hiss at the end too but I think that's just the medical equipment). Anybody recognise it from elsewhere in the game?

It doesn't seem to match the sound of the medical platform external door, or paz's room, or huey's afghanistan lab door, or the quarantine platform cell doors in Shining Lights. If it's unique then for some reason they composed a unique door sfx even though the hospital setting has been locked in since at least 2012 when the first trailer came out.
I hear standard medical respirator equipment and a hospital curtain on metal curtain rings slid back and forth. No ARG meta-mystery here.

I think this thread was originally for folks finishing 31/45/46 discussing their take on the ending they had reached and/or finding out what else was was left. I'm not sure there is a large audience here for unconfirmed speculation on purported subterfuge on the part of Kojima/Konami in hiding easter eggs in the game. I see the evidence of cut content, but anything beyond that is chemtrails.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Walking DD in varied highly detailed parks in many different countries DLC announced?

I was thinking something similar for offroading in jeeps. Doing donuts and doriftu power slides in afghan sand and african mud betwixt trees and rocks is hella fun.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
What ever happened to that head transplant doctor IRL? Did he ever sue his employer Konami?

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Afaik he is still in talks with lawyers, or he may have just backed down / realized there wasn't any money in it. The dude likes attention but the conspiracy stuff around him was pretty dumb and purposefully ignored the fact that he's an actual, licensed, practicing surgeon who has been publishing literature in his field for at least a decade.

Or the literature was published by a Konami shell company under the name Sergio Gurlukovich Canavero. And his think tank is called the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group or TANG. And what space-ready drink was developed by DARPA/Patriots? One and the same.

Makes you think

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

VileLL posted:

obviously you're just not devoted to the cause. you unlock it once you perfect stealth the actual office building

If you are doing subsistence, you can steal a shotgun from a cop car to shoot the communications equipment

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

JoshTheStampede posted:

That, and the hours of hands-off cutscenes prior MGS games were known for didn't really mesh well with an open world game where you can do stuff out of order.

I think they did a good job with the birthday scene including who was present on your base at that time. For me, Code Talker was rolling around in the foreground, Huey was absent, and Quiet had a nice little epilogue.

But doing that with an actual plot with actual dialogue would take a decade and Kojima only had like 8 years.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
So I cheesed Shotmaker with the smoke grenade trick, but now I'm stuck on mission 58. If Machinegun Kid is blasting away at the container you spawn behind, how do you get behind him like Venom is suggesting? With the low cielings, I can't lob a grenade all the way to him, and his reload time is really short. What am I missing here?

E: haha I'm stupid, i jumped through the window, crouch-walked around the building under the lasers, and got behind him and CQCed him for the non-lethal KO.

CharlieWhiskey fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 31, 2015

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Hobo By Design posted:

Has anyone decrypted the GZ tape from "Intel Acquisition" mission?

I think the answer is at the reddit link 3 posts above yours.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
I just noticed that the first arm Ocelot gives Venom doesn't have a pinky

KOJIMA WHAT ARE YOU HIDING

IS THE PINKY IN ZANZIBARLAND

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Medic's loss of identity isn't so bad. He was a merc and professional soldier, so he knew that he might lose his life at any time. If he had any family, or connections outside of MSF, he had to always be at peace with never seeing them again. And his primary motivation for being in MSF was working for Big Boss and earning money, presumably in that order. So to realize you were given the authority and identity of Big Boss and access to all of his assets would actually be Medic's dream come true. The grin at the end was that of a guy who was living the dream.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Hobo By Design posted:

D'oh. I thought that had to do with stuff on the white-noise sounding MSX N313 tape because I'm dumb and don't use reddit.

I don't blame you, even skimming that "thread"(?) gave me a headache.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

ayn rand hand job posted:

the timeline is something like this:

mid-february - big boss wakes up, inadvertantly triggering psycho mantis to blow up a plane
feb 26 - venom wakes up for the first time. psycho mantis is transferred to a soviet research facility, causing volgin to become the man on fire, skullface takes interest in psycho & volgin
feb.
march 9 - after the first 2 episodes of waking up, panicking, and getting sedated again, venom undergoes plastic surgery to make him look like big boss and is sedated
march 11 - xof raids the hospital looking for big boss

so yeah, while it mostly works out to about 2 weeks between venom waking up, he spends almost all that time sedated

and even how much of that is kind of unknown, since everything before quiet coming into the room could be some sort of false or altered memory

Yeah, we have an unreliable narrator, as at some point they would have had to spend days to weeks to months reconditioning Venom with BB's memories. I'm guessing Medic awoke from his coma much earlier, and they began the reconditioning, then induced an artificial coma to keep up appearances. poo poo, when Medic woke up, they might have asked his permission to carry out the plan, making BB less of a cowardly villian.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
SUCH A LUST FOR A COHERENT PLOT

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
I skim-listened to the Truth tapes and assumed Ocelot brainwashed himself, Kaz, and Medic, each with permission.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Ok, I'm at 98% with only Side Op 150 and Mission 45 to go. Removing my butterfly soon. What is a good last non-lethal dance with Quiet? Farm every S rank between Main Base Camp and OKB Zero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

In It For The Tank posted:

You should back up your save so you can replay with her if the mood ever strikes you.

Check out the big brain on Brad!

thank you

• Locked thread