Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

grimcreaper may not be posting in earnest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

uhh guys

What are you trying to show us?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wait there's an FDL ship kit now?

I thought the FDL was good but it felt sorta weak with all medium hard points. Then I engineered up a beefy clipper and with fast regen shields and dirty drive tuning.. Well I've learned that speed is everything. Flies like an eagle and hits like a better vulture.

Did you forget about the huge gun?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Trustworthy posted:

Whoa you must do all your playing in the game's launcher menu, because that's the extent of Elite's offline experience

The launcher connects to Frontier's servers to get news and game updates, if you're going​to make a poo poo joke at least make an accurate one.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yeah, I was already planning on nosediving into random parts of rings to avoid pirates at the mining sites. Thanks guys!

Joke's on you they spawn on top of you anyway and if you had to relog for some reason so you have some ore they're gonna make you dump it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

If you look at the hologram when targeting the station, it will show you the orientation you currently have! In addition, the station will always be rotating counterclockwise when facing the mail slot from the outside. When approaching a station, the mail slot usually faces the stellar object that the station orbits!

They recently changed it so the station hologram rotates to match your orientation on supercruise too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OxMan posted:

A little confused about the community goals. There was an Eravate bounty one that stated bounties from the system count towards the goal. Got bounties with targets outside eravate, turned them in, got no credit. Do the bounty targets have to be inside the system too?

For that particular CG the bounties had to come from the faction Adle's Armada.

Don't do that one, do one of the other two identical ones.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's rarely about fuel, more about wasting your drat time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Doesn't work quite so well with something like a FdL which has the power requirements of a medium ship and the fuel tank of a Mini Cooper.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

IcePheenix posted:

Well a few weeks ago before I got blown up and lost half of my money on one rebuy (I don't fly my Anaconda any more) I got like six Packhound racks. What's the most effective and/or fun way to utilize these? Right now all they do is make me overheat.

Heat sinks.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

coupedeville posted:

nude holo-mes confirmed next update

its what the grognards want right?

gently caress most of them seem to think they're staring at their avatar's rear end all game. I mean there's two huge problems there...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I found the fastest way to get datamined wake exceptions is to find a system in a famine state and look for a distribution centre POI. 3/4 ships will jump in and jump out every <minute or so you can get a lot of scans in a short amount of time.

e: :lol: people are still so mad at quince. My buddy has been ganked twice by the same guy (yes open etc). Imagine how sad your life is that ganking defenceless players you perceive as playing the game the """wrong""" way is the only power you have in your life :v:

Imagine being the kind of person who psychoanalyses people they perceive as playing the game the """"wrong"""" way.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah the game is currently broken in such a way that you see everyone's interdications.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lmao

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They removed commodities from all engineer recipes "until commodity storage is implemented" so don't worry about it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

Cargo is weird. I can't even swap to my other ship if I have 1 ton of cargo. I had some Modular Terminals and was in my combat ship that has almost no jump range and wanted to swap to my 50 yl jumper to give it to Qwent, but couldn't. :(

You can swap if the ship you're swapping to has enough space to hold it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mean you know what's in yours, every single one is fdev's collective cock

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Libluini posted:

Now that's a bit unfair, there is a reason: That engineer only wants to work with people who have proven to be somewhat interested in being explorers. Likewise the other unlocks are neither arbitrary nor do they exist for no reason. They're tedious and sometimes like some sort of sadistic torture (say, the ones where you have to mine stuff for hours, that's probably really horrible for people who don't like mining), but they do have reasons. It's just we don't tend to like those reasons. :v:

Then why is he the guy with the best thrusters which are only useful for combat?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Source you're quotes

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ok

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

osirisisdead posted:

I suspect that they are angry RSI backers who are mad that Frontier beat their team to the punch. So, they gank newbies to try to sour their experience with Elite.

generally they're just toxic cunts

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's a video game, play it if you think you're going to have fun.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Being able to remotely engineer modules is nice I guess.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Every time you drop into a ring, pirates spawn on top of you. Never drop in half-full, always go sell or deposit what you have.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

tooterfish posted:

The algorithm is kickstarter backers got to name a random NPC each.

That's why you'll occasionally run into Lowtax or Chris Roberts. It's also technically possible to run into Lowtax and Chris Roberts duking it out.

If you run into David Braben though, bare in mind that's not an NPC, that's the man himself. Whether you deploy hardpoints or not in that situation is entirely up to you.

edit: what the gently caress, you stole my brain!

That's only if you see CMDR Braben. "David Braben" is probably an available NPC name.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

osirisisdead posted:

They don't have much ammo so won't be "efficient for RES farming"?

I bet you could blow your whole load in less than a minute.

As a dedicated pack hound spammer this kills any interest I had in the weapon. Having to go back to reload every three kills is loving stupid.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The pinned recipes are one per engineer, all ranks. You still have to go to the engineer if you want a different recipe or an experimental effect. All modules have experimentals now and they cost materials, but once applied they're there until you choose to remove them.

Each rank does have a maximum that you will eventually reach, although sometimes it takes the piss a bit getting there. The upper, smaller orange number is your current value, the big blue one is the maximum. You can tell you've reached the maximum when the button to generate a modification is replaced with a message saying that you're maxed out. You don't need to fully maximise a rank to move on to the next rank, but I'm not sure what the required level is.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Remember that if you have Deep Charge and you're not jumping as far as you can, it's doing literally nothing for you. Mass Manager always has an effect.

• Locked thread