Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Saltzpyre's repeater pistol's job is kind of taken by the Volley Bow which is also better at killing normal rats and murdering specials.
Well, the repeater pistol was garbage so no big loss there.

Kruber's repeater handgun on the other hand :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What does it mean when I don't want to bash a rat? :ohdear:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Digirat posted:

My first halberd sighting!

Literally not possible to get

:smithicide:

Not with that dice pool, but that's possible to get. Trust me. :shepface:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

DOOMDWARF.
Tell of this DOOMDWARF build. Grudge raker and?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

the health is just as much for DOOMDWARF making trumpeting noises with his mouth when he heals as it is the actual health.
Sold. Now all I need is an orange grudge raker...

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just had a Smuggler's Run... run where I took 0 damage. It was only on Hard, but still, 0 damage. :smug:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheTatteredKing posted:

Well maybe they'll have better source code for vikingtide yeah? Which is totally happening the sequel hook is in the game.
I'm ok with the team of Kruber, Saltzpyre, Feugonasus, Bardin, and the elf bashing their way through various enemy types all over the Old World in their continuing quest to stop the End Times and prevent the Age of Sigmar.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Rat Catcher and their Small but Vicious Dog. Hands loving down.

I'd also love a slayer, but their kit would basically just be axes. Single axe, dual axes, great axe, and throwing axes(?). Nothin' wrong with that. Plus, their hat options would be various styles of orange mohawks.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

xthetenth posted:

I'd love a ranged weapon that is actually just throwing a small dog like a football and it tearing whatever it hits to shreds.
Throw dead rats to mark targets for the adorable, little ball of rage and murder.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheTatteredKing posted:

There's probably enough for a fresh cast of five characters. Certainly making it sound like it.
Oh, there's a lot of material to work with. :smith:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

The flaw in that is that all Elves start with Dodge. The first skill taken should always be Side Step, too.
AV7 means that a good hit will end her career though.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Okay, so, the key to the two-handed axe seems to be to dodge back rather than push forward. Hit them, dodge back, step forward while charging, hit them again.
That's pretty much how you use the two-handed hammer, otherwise known as the Best Weapon. :swoon:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Yes I am, getting a White just makes it feel like you wasted a bunch of time, as even an Easy mission usually takes at least half an hour to finish
Sounds like a personal problem and not the game's. Play on higher difficulties, that's part of what makes Vermintide fun.

Personally, I don't do Cataclysm, but I definitely play on Nightmare. Sometimes just Hard if I'm feeling lazy. Below that, it's just not engaging as you barely have to play to succeed.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

The next DLC, confirmed by someone who is diving into the files, is Dwarf DLC, more specifically it's Gray Mountain stuff/whatever the hell Bardin is looking for. Sounds good.

When he decompiles it I asked for a copy of it all to read into so maybe I'll post about it later.
This has my interest.

I want to bash rats in an abandoned dwarfhold until I go insane. :psydwarf:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mahasamatman posted:

What are the best traits for a repeater pistol? Got extra ammo, bigger clip size and targeteer. Anything better?
Using anything other than the repeater pistol. :v:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

brocretin posted:

So they nerfed Master Crafted and buffed the base handgun reload to partially compensate, if I understand correctly.
Oh. Ok. That works for me.

I'm kind of disappointed that Saltzpyre got another weapon with this DLC. I was really hoping for a halberd or spear for Kruber. :smith: What will the warpick do that Bardin's two-handed hammer and axe don't?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A while back, double-tap dodge stopped working for me. As this is my preferred method, this has been really annoying for me. Anyone know about this? Is there a fix?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

Double tap dodging is an option that may have inadvertently gotten turned off. Check your game options.
It's checked, but doesn't work. I've reset it numerous times and it still doesn't work. :shrug:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kalsco posted:

What the hell is actually effective against armoured enemies? The tutorial popups have said charged attacks, right-clicking when using the bow, and seemingly most guns because they don't get the "this weapon clearly glanced off their armour" noise weapons do if you're not charging an attack. Fighting Stormvermin kinda feels like I'm fighting against a meatsack because they really don't go down easy, which more often than not leads to everyone dying when they swarm en masse.
All melee weapons' charged attacks are armor piercing and therefore effective against stormvermin. However, some weapons also have armor piercing standard attacks like the axes and two-handed hammers. It'll all be listed in the traits of a weapon in the inventory screen. Ranged weapons are similar, but the general rule of thumb is to go for the head. Not all of them penetrate armor so be sure to check the inventory to know what your gear is capable of.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is the next patch doing anything to the beam staff? Other than adding friendly fire, that is. I got one with some decent traits and it's my only orange staff so I tried it out, but it is still just so bad.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Willie Tomg posted:

I'm gonna get my first red today :kiddo:

It's the big sword for the elf and I got an orange hagbane the other day, its me, i'm gonna be That Pubbie :gonk:
Pro-tip Guide to Being a Good Elf:
Step One - Melee

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So I got that red elf sword that was on the quest board a little while ago. I... don't like it that much. Its traits are scavenger (20% on kill), killing blow on normal attacks (15%), and regrowth on charged attacks (10% chance to recover 5 health on hit). If the regrowth was on normal attacks I think it'd be pretty good/usable or maybe the weapon is just suffering because it's a one-handed sword pre-whatever Fat Shark is doing to them in the next patch. I don't play the elf much, but I think I prefer sword and dagger even though mine are blue. Killing blow can trigger through armor though, right?

Really though, it's all moot because the elf doesn't have a two-handed hammer. Kruber4Lyfe. Bardin too.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, I just looked up Kruber's red two-handed hammer.
Swift Slaying (Normal Attack)
Perfect Balance
Scavenger

:wtc:

I already have Bardin's two-handed hammer and it's solid if nothing particularly great. Kruber's is loving terrible.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

Franz Lohner no longer whistles cheerfully. It is the End Times after all
:smith:

:negative:

While I'm not happy about all of the changes, this patch seems pretty solid and I'm looking forward to trying it out. Once it downloads.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I suppose that's fair then. I won't get my hopes up to be a giant hammer dwarf.
No. Live your dream. Two-handed weapons are totally viable. They may fall off a bit at Cataclysm difficulty, but you won't be playing that much and by the time you get good enough to run it successfully, you'll probably have a plethora of weapons to choose from. The loot system is very generous compare to release. Take advantage of the quest board.

If you want to really learn the game and get decent loot, play on Hard and Nightmare. Their loot tables got changed to be more favorable and you'll quickly get blue gear and even oranges. Hard's really not that bad and Nightmare is pretty much the standard once you've got some experience. It's all about avoiding damage. Easy is for rushing through daily key quests and Normal is a good way to get greens, I guess. Run them to get a hang of the maps a bit and then move up when you're comfortable.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Arghy posted:

2h hammer is loving amazing on the dwarf its just non stop flying rats--wish i rolled regrowth on charged attack though. Going to just make do until i get enough keys for the gold/yellow 2h hammer then reroll that until i get regrowth on charged attack.
You want bloodlust on that thing. Regrowth is almost useless at 3%.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Bardin does a goddamn Kruber Impression.
And then he sputters indecipherably. :allears:

I know it's been said before, but Fat Shark really nailed the characters in this game.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes it is worth it to play the elf to avoid pubbie elves. They can be that bad.

What would y'all say are the equivalents to the pubbie elf with the other characters? I occasionally run into a commandorf, but most pubbies tend to stick with the group unless they're the elf.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Joestar posted:

the doom dwarf is an outstanding institution in the world of vermintide
The Doom Dwarf is entirely different than the commandorf. One is a noble creature that brings joy to the team and the other is an idiot that dies alone in a sewer.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, does any character not get along with Kruber?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

Cousin Okri isn't real
*In a bad Lunethex impersonation*
Is Cousin Okri real?
*Derisive, incomprehensible sputtering*

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

quote:

New Weapon: Executioner’s Sword - Markus Kruber is eager to wield this massive two-handed sword that can behead multiple Skaven at once.
How is this different from the regular two-handed sword? :confused:

Gimme a halberd, damnit.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

Extra Capacity, Hail of Doom, whatever else, there you go, you have an incredibly powerful weapon in that now. Depending on how good you are it may just beat the regular Handgun. Rupture lets you shoot 3 Stormvermin at once if that's what you need. Otherwise, it's so accurate now that Targeteer is unnecessary.
It's more accurate now? :eyepop:

Between the new sword, the hammer, and now this, it's a good time to be Kruber. :pcgaming:

Now gimme me a halberd, Fat Shark.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I never get any of the DLC weapons. :negative:

I think I have, like, a blue volley crossbow and that was from the Christmas advent calendar event. I think I have a glaive from that too.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Vermintide II? :swoon:

I hope they keep the current cast. I like them. I'm not even sure how they could expand the roster without stepping on some toes, but it might be nice to see a couple of new player characters too. Maybe Kruber will finally get a halberd.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

jokes posted:

If we have to have new characters, I want all the original cast to be dead except for Kruber who is the only character to make it to the sequel, as befits his lone survivor thing.

Otherwise, I want the old krew.
Saltzpyre's too tough to die. Dude's basically made out of old leather at this point.

I couldn't imagine Vermintide without https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr-RAVozAM

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Rat catching and no mention of Jack Russell Terriers? :colbert:

I want to see a 20-25lb bundle of teeth and energy take down a loving armored stormvermin. Terriers are basically the antithesis of ratkind.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

the jack russel is like the handgun in that it does a lot of work but then has to take a nice long nap to recover

it becomes the de-facto standard when someone realizes you can throw it at roger and there's an absolutely hilarious, neatly choreographed struggle between the two that lasts a full minute and ends with roger bleeding out on the pavement and the jack russel laying peacefully on its head, smiling like a champion

it is the only thing to smile in the End Times, but it smiles enough for the entire old world

:3:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Still no halberd for Kruber. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Chaos should be fine if used sparingly. I mean, we're not going to see hordes of marauders spewing out of a hole in the ground and crawling up walls. That would be pretty funny though. I'm guessing they won't spawn with nearly as much frequency as skaven and won't be part of horde events.

Chaos warriors are straight-up mini-bosses and that rules. They should be hard to take out.

• Locked thread