Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You sound like a WOW raider Snatch Duster, lemme peep your gear score bro. Where dem epics at?

You know what the intended difficulty is? It's the difficulty that lets me have fun with people not like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
New patch is supposed to drop tomorrow right?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I know what I'll be playing tonight :dance: :toot:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Digital_Jesus posted:

I really hate this loot system. Like 12 runs on nightmare horn and not even an orange.

Did you have fun though? Were you laughing with friends while smashing rats? Does the loot define your life? :q:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

Why is the update 6 gigs?

Who cares?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

White Coke posted:

They'll probably work more like the elf's dual swords.

That's a grudgin'

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I think that's for Vermintide ][

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yes but I assumed this is also the Vermintide II thread.

You got me all excited, but then I realized I will have to postpone my excitement. :argh:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZearothK posted:

Unchained Sienna has way more chains about her.

Chains to keep the unchainedness in. :q:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vargs posted:

I think Chivalry was best in the first few weeks when everyone was bad and nobody did any of this, personally.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sandball posted:

Wild Swordmaster

Thanks for this.

Bogart posted:

Please put your shirt back on Bardin

A shirt would count as armour unfortunately.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

Total Warhammer is the place to get your old world fix

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
*pushes up glasses with middle finger*

Hrrm, yes, elfsies are bad, yesss..

:goonsay:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This game is very cool and good.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raged posted:

Game is good, but It is a bit crashy on my system. Haven't been able to finish a mission due to it. Hopefully, it's just an old build

I found running it in DX12 was less crashy on my GTX1080.

edit:

I've found that running on medium settings with lighting set to high + txaa makes the game run crash free for me.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 17, 2018

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

Game is alot of fun. I like the changes to loot. Can you have multiple of the same class in a game, if they are different careers? All voices are played for me at like a higher frequency so they sound like chipmunks, revalidating the installation did nothing.

If you still have this problem change your audio settings in Windows to 48Khz 24bit or lower. I had the same problem when the output was set to 96Khz.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

okay so can someone once again tell me how to kill shield guys and armored guys? because man I hate chaos warriors

sneaky stab stab

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ad by Khad posted:

Plenty of occasions where a teammate is fighting a shieldvermin, I walk behind it and plink it in the back of the head and it dies.

Yes there is an issue where they regain their stamina too fast, but they also have a pretty glaring weakness in that they can't 360 block while swinging at someone else.

You'd think more people would know how to click + delete shieldvermin ;)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

I've only played Kruber but the Mace + Shield and 2H Hammer are both so FUN

I hated Vermintide 1, but this one just works for me. Not sure why.

They got a lot right in Vermintide 2. The pace and flow of combat are probably the biggest things for me. Combat feels both chunky + visceral, and smooth at the same time.

Dual daggers all day every day. :ese:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

we need 5 separate discords, IMHO

and a mumble in a pear tree....

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does the whatever tomorrow run until launch?

Consider it a head start.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

I only tried Kruber

Im sure they are all fun, but any recommendations for someone who hardly has played Vermintide period?

Play the elf.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BERGfu posted:

Pm me if you need headers or pictures fixed if you do set it up

What are you going to play tomorrow???

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So many people have themselves in a knot about this game. Full on :spergin: Plain and simple, V2 is a good game.

fadam posted:

What are the big problems that the hardcore VT guys have with this? I only played the first one casually (beat every mission then quit, basically) but I had a blast with the beta for VT2.

It's different than the 1st one.....

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

juggalo baby coffin posted:

why are all the vermintide 1 stans mad about 2?

Some people get much to invested in their form of entertainment and forget to have fun.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

i just ran some numbers, this poo poo is definitely loving super busted. the damage numbers reported by the dummies is way beyond crits.

i run hunter kruber with a halberd, right? let me just drop these numbers for you at hero power 105 (level 10, 5 equipment):

strong strike (basic slash, first one in combo): 800
strong strike crit: 2145
strong strike with the active's rampage going: loving 4800. with one slash clocking in at 9600. i presume that is the natural crit chance stacking with the rampage.

and the blunderbuss:
basic shot: 625 damage per pellet (remember, there's like 10-12 pellets or some poo poo per shot on the blunderbuss)
tripping on rampage: loving 2150.

that active is super loving busted and it ain't subtle about it. just guaranteed crits would be fine, but this is some serious special snowflake treatment that just equips him with the goddamn punch of kill everything.

Shade can do this poo poo without any potions. Dual Dagger heavy attacks from the rear to the back of the head. :ese: Bonus points if you're stealthed :getin:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

While those numbers are big, the numbers reported are still much more sane than the hunter’s current insanity

Kruber is the only character I didn't get a chance to muck around with. It does appear that everyone character has at least one if not 2 really good options for damage + control. I still haven't really figured out a groove for the handmaiden, but that's probably more of a play style thing.

I'm hard pressed to choose between Slayer or Shade though. :shobon:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Because this game is very good and worth your time, here’s another cheap deal on the game if GMGs deal goes out.

Vermintide 2 at cdkeys for $22.89

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/warhammer-vermintide-2

The Cheese Traders Guild calls upon your purchase.

Fatshark could've charged double for this game and it would still be worth it. I'm really glad they didn't :D

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Joestar posted:

if there was melee friendly fire then it would be entirely unplayable. the friendly fire that does exist is entirely manageable and just depends on your teammates not being dumb as hell, which of course means that the elf is going to nock a quiver's worth of arrows into your spine

To see how hilariously broken friendly fire in a co-op game can get check out SpaceHulk: Deathwing.

*Smashes Thunder Hammer into a Brood Lord*
*Entire Team of Terminators Dies*

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DeathSandwich posted:

Did they ever make that game non-lovely or did the developers give up on it?

The devs have been quiet for some time now. They managed to get the game into a decent shape but there are basically no people playing. I managed to get in a game or two every other day. It's fun but a bit janky. Everyone is waiting for the EE version to come out SOONTM

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mendrian posted:

I've heard about some stupid broken combo for almost every character except Saltz.

Victor seems pretty balanced to me but doesn't really have any crazy over-the-top stuff near as I can see? Getting free crits with a repeater and dunking on Roger seems to be his niche right now?

I've played with a few Salties that managed to pretty much top every single chart. I'm not sure what they were doing but I just assume they were just screaming HOLY poo poo MAN the entire time... :D

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

comatose posted:

Just open the chests and have fun with the crap inside them.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lunethex posted:

Chaos is a primary concern for gameplay because they always slide around and hit people well out of range. Dodging is often useless against them even as host because they're still hitting players while facing other directions during side dashes, and of course trying to get away from them is pointless.

I'm not noticing this at all when hosting or playing with a host that is close by.

However, when I'm connected to a crappy/laggy host it pretty much ALWAYS happens.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

it's definitely a thing. even when hosting, marauders will slide up to you very often and dash-attack. chaos savages also do this a TON, way more than plague monks.

Oh. Strange. Only thing I've really noticed is a sort of "vortex" effect on certain attacks where you're almost drawn into the attack animation of an enemy that makes it hard to get away even when dashing backwards. I'll keep an eye on it some more.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't forget to keep crafting gear. You get really good stuff that way as well.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Which spec/staff is Flamethrower Sienna?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

Flamestorm staff. It's a little less slaughter-y after the last patch but it'll still clean up clan/slaves and stun most things.

Cowcaster posted:

“firestorm” staves. i don’t think sienna has any spec exclusive equipment but someone could prove me wrong

Coolguye posted:

flamestorm staff

Thanks.

Played the elf with a swift bow and 100 ammo and about +20% attack speed. It's basically a fantasy SMG.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

Humantide 3 - Orks at play

choices

night goblin
black ork
ork choppa
goblin big boss
ork or goblin shaman?

yes, but only if I can play as a squig, HyC's spirit animal.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

this is an IIRC moment so i might be wrong but: the other thing to note, though, is that it actually takes longer for a lot of sniper weapons to hit their required breakpoints because when you hit an arbitrary amount of HP to get a damage upgrade, they gain just as much as everything else. the easiest breakpoints to show this off with are any of the 100x breakpoints, so equip something that gives you, for example, 95 hero power, shoot at a dummy, and then equip something else to bring you up to 100 and shoot again. if my memory serves me right it's the same 25 damage everything else gets, no regard given for the fact that these slow firing weapons have much lower ROFs and therefore gain much less in overall damage output.

It doesn't help that the dummies don't seem to reflect damage done when you're actually playing. For example the shades 50% backstab bonus doesn't work at all on dummies.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Digirat posted:

I know you’re joking but for the sake of preempting any similar argument people try to make for why it’s somehow necessary, the fact that two careers don’t have falloff at all automatically invalidates this

The devs obviously wanted specialized roles. How well they succeeded in this is up for debate.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Digirat posted:

Elf voice for rats
Rat voice for elf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The dummies are actually broken so I wouldn't count on them providing proper numbers right now.

• Locked thread