Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

McSpanky posted:

Are they going to actually recreate the Flash of Two Worlds cover in live action? Hot drat, it's a great time to be alive.
Not sure if you were still keeping up with the old thread but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

mikeraskol posted:

I'm really already dreading the incoming love triangle in this new season because of the horrible way it was done in the first season.
Yeah I'm a little worried too. Especially because I have a really hard time finding anything interesting about Atom Smasher (especially if they're going with "strong guy who throws things"), which makes me think they're going to go hard into the love triangle with the new chick right away in the opener. I'm sure we'll get some interesting stuff with Jay but who knows. I'd be happy to be wrong though. Basically what I'm saying is bring back Cavanagh to be smug and chew scenery as soon as possible.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

muscles like this? posted:

So Ronnie's dead... again.

That was some dodgy effects work there.
That bit with Barry running down the building with Prof. Stein was pretty nice, I thought.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

muscles like this? posted:

There was a little shot of Firestorm flying up which looked awful.
Oh yeah, that. That was pretty bad.

Also Atom growing just now, but hey with a tv budget we're bound to see some ups and downs.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

yessssssssssss

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

nine-gear crow posted:

So is anyone else holding out hope that Zoom is Earth-2 Eddie just to contrive any excuse to get Rick Cosnett back on the show?

fariz posted:

He's on that terrible abc show
This has come up so often that I really sort of hope they're playing some weird meta game where they're counting on Internet nerds being so savvy about tv show tropes and casting announcements that they write off the possibility of a character returning not because of the story but because of actor conflicts. Then bam, Cosnett returns and people are more surprised that he made a deal than that his character is dead.

Also, as someone who really never cared about Jay Garrick (sorry) I really liked how they made him seem so grand and larger-than-life in the episode. The helmet scene was really cool, even though the "Let's go Flash/"Sure thing Flash" *high five* was corny as hell.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah some people had this theory last week, I think Macdeo Lurjtux was the first one (at least in this thread, but I am sure it's come up elsewhere).
It makes sense storytelling wise but not realistic-wise that Jay didn't immediately go, "By the way Zoom looks exactly like you only black and blurrier. Weird, huh?"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Guy A. Person posted:

I mean aside from having a suit that I guess has a cowl(?) but could also be like a weird skull mask thing, I don't think they really look alike?
Buh? Sure he's got a full face mask or cowl or whatever but he's got the padding and insignia in all the same (or similar) places as the Flash costume.

Like, I'm not staking my reputation on this as a serious theory or anything (a little too obvious) but they very much do look alike.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Drifter posted:

Yes, this man in a mask has an all-black identical version of the uniform of another man in a mask. Hmm, you've cracked the case wide open.
Thanks

thrawn527 posted:

How would he know what Zoom looks like? Jay even says no one knows who Zoom is.
He may not know who he is but the guy jammed his fingers into his chest six months ago. As I said, in superhero media nobody really mentions costumes but it seems like in the real world somebody would probably eventually go "Boy a bunch of you really seem to like textured leather and chest logos."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

thrawn527 posted:

He appears to be covered from head to toe in black leather, so even if they're fighting hand to hand, I don't know how he'd know what he looks like.
Wait are you talking about faces? I'm talking about how the costumes are the same.

This is sort of what I mean, the people sitting here watching don't notice anything because we expect there to be bad guys palette-swapped with good guys since it happens all the time in comics. In a real life superhero world Jay would probably be like yo, it's pretty weird that Zoom guy from my universe has the same costume as your Flash only in black. It's one of those real-life-vs.-fantasy disconnects is all, I didn't expect it to be a huge derail.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

greatn posted:

[Gideon will] just catch a glimpse of Jay's magnificent cock and melt, probably.

Quoted the wrong post.
No that's pretty great.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

If this is a Savitar situation then killing him stops him from drawing on the Speed Force, leaving more Speed Force for Zoom.
This is the second or third time this guy has come up. What's his deal? I read the Wiki entry but is there more to it than "another bad guy who goes fast and wants to kill others who also go fast?"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

zoux posted:

This article makes a really good point and I'm not sure why this doesn't get brought up more.
Wally did this in an episode of Teen Titans.

edit: actually I think he brought back a croissant or something just to mock somebody he was talking to but it owned really hard because the whole episode was just him being a huge rear end in a top hat to the bad guy team

Hazo fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 15, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

So now we're freezing lasers and using vacuums to suck poo poo out of people's throats?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Grem posted:

Pretty sure first thing through the portal was Caitlin's purse.

Wells is just trying to return her wallet.
Is that what that was? I couldn't tell. Kind of a dick move by Prof. Stein.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My Q-Face posted:

Nah, I don't care about the underlying premise.

Also, I saw that Teen Titans Go episode where they got serious and now I see where they were going, laughing at the hardcore fans.

Also, apropos of nothing, I got a serious gay vibe off of Superboy and Aqualad :lol:
Teen Titans Go has made no less than three episodes (including a huge one earlier this week) directly calling out and mocking butthurt fans of the original series. Track them down if you can, it's hysterical and it makes a ton of idiots mad every time.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Boy was I mad yesterday when I realized the Flash theme music is a sped-up version of the Walking Dead theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cymqAVPWuo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbl2u7FzS3Y

Black Flash confirmed? :zombie: :flashfact:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Phenotype posted:

It's a perfectly legitimate term used in hunting and trapping. Similar to the way all naval ships are said to be "female", all raccoons are said to be 7 years old, since it's the "lucky" number and raccoons are associated with luck. Shipping as a fad first started on tumblr in 2008, about 7 years ago.
It's not that specific, it just means a long time. Pairing fictional characters has been around for way longer than seven years :psyduck:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hahaha is that a King Shark callout?

edit: stop dicking around and give us the Wells encounter, show!

Hazo fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 28, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

"I'm not really good at lying."

"You're in a CW drama arc, you better learn, quick."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh THAT'S what this long-lost-mom arc was all about.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

:lol:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Nanaue-Wells double whammy for best ending in the series, holy poo poo I'm still laughing

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

What does King Shark say to Barry? I've rewatched the clip on YouTube a few times but I still can't make it out.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Kwyndig posted:

Dr Light is a woman on Earth 2?
Well I mean technically she's a woman on Earth 1 too

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Small thing I noticed on rewatching: I wonder if they're going to do anything with that crystal Shayera Kendra wears around her neck and keeps noticeably touching. Like a source of nth metal or something.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Wait why are we lying to our significant others again?

edit: of course Princess Bride, Cisco is such a goon

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

loving loved the Reverse-Flash vibration sound effect when Wells showed up

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

hangedman1984 posted:

They're practically the same thread at this point anyway
Zoom is Earth-2 Diggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Got delayed by college basketball so I just saw it.

1) Quit being such loving babies about adblock, CW

2) That was bad. Like I tried hard to like it but that was just real bad.

• Locked thread