Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Cat Mattress posted:

Would work better as Furie dans l'ivresse, hardiesse dans l'ignorance I think ("Fury in drunkenness, boldness in ignorance").

That sounds more like you’re an idiot and a mean drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The future Earth style of pulling a nuclear bomb out of your forehead and naming it Athena

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
What do you think the eye hole nose dude has been smoking in that gambling den?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The internet makes everyone miserable.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Yeah that was good.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
K6BD - OPEN PALM SLAM A RISING KING INTO MASONRY is short, and you could drop the ‘into masonry’ too. Something will stick.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
But have you seen the size zipper pockets on those intensely toned glutes?

Yeah they just got curbstomped and all, but lets focus on the fashion choice.

I wonder if it was intentional that Allisons magus bubble over her head turns into a heart shape when she saw white chain

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I don't know what dungeon world is but I support cool art and zip up hoodies :shepspends:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I'm still hoping for her next return to be her remaining in badass form, and realizing that her old life doesn't work for her anymore.

And that also she can use her godly powers to steal some nukes.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Dead Reckoning posted:

That doesn't really jibe with the way the narrative has been unfolding so far. If the Concordant Angels are actually consistent and upstanding brothers, the way White Chain talks about them initially, it implies that White Chain is in fact the weird deviant one. The Concordance would be the last, noble, dwindling bastion of order, and White Chain would be the pervert who also briefly flirted with universal omnicide. Having the Concordance be corrupt gives retroactive justification to White Chain's struggle with their strictures.

It's sort of like how, after Solomon's kingdom has been introduced as "the somewhat chill and livable demiurge realm", I'm guessing that the twist will be the unseen women/daughters being kept in harems/slavery or some sort of brutal version of 1950s housewifery.

What if Solomon's kingdom is just a "somewhat chill and livable demiurge realm" but still living under an ageless and narcissistic dictator is still just inherently bad?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Allison's world is in Mottom's domain. It looks like she didn't decide to evenly oppress her entire claim so much as pick a few favorites (like the world we saw) to raid over and over and leave most of the other 111,111 to their own devices.

None of them are exactly large-scale thinkers, they don't have the imagination to gently caress up everything. Save, sorta, for Jagganoth.

Jagganoth seems to have had the brilliant idea that, rather then be a lazy overlord, you should oppress all 111,111 of your worlds into do-or-die wartime logistics production. Your city isn't producing enough? Congratulations your region is now conscripts for the future front lines!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I think that was a thing since long before Elder Scrolls. Most fantasy cribs from an amalgam of millennia old myths and folktales.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Tollymain posted:

whos this rear end in a top hat

e: also do angel names change over time? i thought they did but this implies differently

The only change is the number increments.

today's question:

Is 2 Michael appearing to White Chain in her mind or is Allison seeing his giant face in the throne skyline but ignorant of who it represents and just not hearing his communications to White Chain?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Rotten Red Rod posted:

And yet look at Cio's whole arc in the Devil council. None of them think she can change. They may not have as many hangups about gender, but in their own way, they're as dogmatic as angels.

Except that's a huge theme in this comic - that beings like Cio and White Chain do indeed have feelings and personality outside the supposed norm. Cio can be a good person and change despite her creation and history, and White Chain can be her own person and find happiness despite her creation and heritage.

They may have been created from pure chaos and order, but who says that needs to control their destiny? They're as sentient as humans. Hell, they were CREATED by humans - the masks and armor were, anyway. Of COURSE they'll come out being just as varied psychologically as humans.

To quote the man himself, Zoss: "Fate is not a cage except to those who fear it"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
1 White Chain Pulled Back from the Void to Serve Her King

Which is along the same line of thought where I think Allison is going to Rip Off Cio's mask at some point.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
But like everything else we've been told, that may not be true. Allison's whole deal is shaking up the world of throne as they know it.

Humans masked and named devils to "subdue" them from the formless chaos. For the brief period Princess Jack Moonshine was unbound he still had a physical form and a will.

So Cio, continuing to come to terms with who she really is, befriending Allison, learning love, changing names. Who's to say she needs to be bound by a mask. What happens when the formless black chaos fire itself has memories and attachments to a material person who just so happens to be the new god? It sounds like a power up to me to see Cio in the equivalent form to a shell-less angel.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The way I think of it in universe Thaumatology is that the Mask granted by mortals give them enough of Un to provide a crutch for the black flame to form a kernel of personality around. Himself turned out to be enough of a personality that he didn't need the crutch.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If he wears a mask then he wears a throne, “Woe betides he who mistakes the rider for the steed.”

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/orbitaldropkick/status/1083831676285923330?s=21

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

habeasdorkus posted:

This, of course, means that there must be firms of devils who provide various services to multiple individuals each, the economy of scale comes in when the firm will have devils able to make any type of pact needed and act as a clearinghouse for contracts. I'm sure they have a kickass legal department, too, in order to make the best possible contracts for their employees. Not sure how the ownership would get paid, maybe they're partners who get a cut of everything. Or maybe it's a devil cooperative, and gently caress Capital.

Either you’ve read the craft sequence by max Gladstone or you should read it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Who is the grandma who will be pushed down the stairs, is it White Chain? :ohdear:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Squat Six Billion Calories

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Is that a stack of Perfectly Generic Objects?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The fake out horny magic page followed directly by the direct sex positivity page is nearly peak millennial meta genius

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Also Alison’s brain key looking like an empty dialog bubble is 100% intentional

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

There Bias Two posted:

Are there other things that have been edited in addition to this page?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure almost every drawing of Alison in the vault fight has at least 200% more tanktop in tact than it used to be.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Swolëson continues to be on a positive path to her better self.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Royalty is being the consequence

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Dr Cheeto posted:

True royalty is working out the perfect ramen broth

make big chunks of garlic and onion so they're held together by their natural skin and char them. Toss them in a stock pot with mushrooms and ginger and your choice of veggies. Throw in your stock meat of choice be it chicken, pork or both. Reduce down for a day keeping it topped up with water. Then strain it through a fine mesh and press out all the good broth concentrate which you can freeze for later.

Carmalizing and dehydrating work if you want to make a powdered broth you can store for long periods at room temp.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Permanently link all the gates of creation and put a permanent hard cap on lifespan. Solves half the problem.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The secret to Ki Rata is that everyone simply believes it’s the strongest. This widespread belief in turn actually empowers it. Anyone discovering the regular part of Ki Rata would quickly discover that the martial art itself isn’t that different and special and could accidentally topple the whole system. So those who master the art must kill those who discover the secret independently to maintain their own power. Ki Rata is the most royal of martial arts, just like all the rest of them could be and empty palm will soon be.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hostile V posted:

Kale Six Billion Demons.

That is a synonym for kill

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Someone come and put their thumb down on this thread to nip this discussion in the bud

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

wiegieman posted:

You are assuming it's not Gog-Agog doing the ghost line.

The dotted line and the question mark are gog-agog worms floating in the air. I want this to be a fact

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I feel like the mural on https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-77/ has been cleaned up or tweaked a little. I don't remember the supporting cast being quite as distinct?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Dr Subterfuge posted:

People are forgetting that he's really good at cutting people down and that's all he really cares about? Well, not the cutting part, the wining part. That's what he cares about.

Meti posted:

The weak swordsman clings to victory. He thinks of his life, his obligations, the outcome of the battle, his hatred for his opponent, his training, his pride in his mastery. By doing so, he is an imperfect vessel for the terrible fires of Will. He will surely crack. He will not laugh uproariously if he is cleft in two by his opponent’s blade. When his sword is shattered, his hands will be too reserved to tear his enemies’ flesh.

The weak swordsman strikes his enemy down and thinks his task done. He relishes in victory. He casts away his sword and returns to his lover. Little does he know his single cut will encircle the world five times and strike him down fifty-fold.

Moreover, only the worst kind of idiot strives to be king.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Preorder success story:

But whats up with this line on the back cover?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Rotten Red Rod posted:

He DID kind of get his head lopped off just before he could do it, and Zaid had just been kidnapped. So... Maybe? It's also a possibility that Allison was always the intended heir and Zaid was always a decoy.

All the explanations for WHY Allison was chosen, independent of whether she is or isn't now the actual heir, are equally valid because we just don't have enough information from Zoss. From his few appearances, he seems to suggest that Allison is indeed the heir now - but we don't have any idea if that was always true. Seems like that's something we'll get revealed in time.

I'm a fan of the timey wimey homestuck theory of the heir. Allison was really just a normal person. But Zoss knew to shove the key into her head because she has already made it retroactively true that she has always been the heir. And now we find yet another use for Douglas Adams' 1001 Timetravel Tenses

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Grand Prize Winner posted:

has Operant named it yet; if not he should call it the Sub-Urb

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I'm getting a hardcover specifically for the artwork and maybe run a few games if I ever have time.