Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Schwarzwald posted:

Honestly, I'm a little astonished that Abbadon has managed to stay as on schedule as he has. He's making a lot of other web artists look like chumps.

A lot? You can count webcomics whose art rivals this with one hand - probably wouldn't even need all fingers. :v:

Whorelord posted:

Mammon's species are called 'the Kind People' or 'Dragons'. They also all hate him because in their society being a ruler is seen as taboo.

Also if someone missed they are usually about the size of a human! GRAND dragon indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Solomon David and his facial hair are definitely my favorite characters

I can't wait until Allison and co. meet with him. Competent monsters are my favorite villains and apparently his empire is actually well-run.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

JT Jag posted:

I imagine that Soloman's empire is an even more strict version of Singapore.

Chewing gum? Might lead to littering. Banned. First offense is a year and a day of slavery, second offense is death penalty.

"Hey, beats being drafted into the death-army of a giant immortal hate-God or being exsanguinated for a buttfruit tree or something"

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 24, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

JT Jag posted:

He probably wasn't always that big. Being directly attuned to creation itself really helps you get riiiiiipped.

The Jagganoth Program

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ElMaligno posted:

*allison spends the first two books in the comic being a literal damsel in distress being pushed by people, she then becomes royalty and finally pushes back at people*
"lol why is she being such a dick????"

Especially when this is an universe where being the biggest dick means you are the most powerful being in existence

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Benson Cunningham posted:

I would really be cool with Zaid never becoming an important character. He sucks from what we've seen so far, and he would ruin this all girl, rat queens style posse we get to follow around.

LOL I just now realized that all the main protagonists are, in one way or other, female. I think that's a good thing...

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
gently caress yeah, Meti!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
All other webcomics should just call it a day

It ain't getting better then this

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Archonex posted:

So this page is very Event Horizon-ish.

Also goddamn, are all the demiurges going to turn out to be hideously twisted beings when it comes to their real looks?

The twist will be is that Gog-agog is secretly beautiful.

Yes.

Except Solomon David, of course :smug:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Honestly Solomon David being consumed by proving that he is the one demiurge that can make things work to the point of insane, all-consuming obsession for order and disclipine (in an universe which is built on chaos and being wanton, making it ultimately a fruitless exercise) would definitely fit the whole Pride theme.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Man, Belligerents be wack

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MikeJF posted:

You know how hard it is to find a shop that stocks X^15L on Throne?

Honestly, probably surprisingly easy

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm guessing but when you are an Ebon devil who subsists on human meat you can look like whatever the gently caress you want

Honestly, the higher a devil gets the less "bound" it seems to be and closer to what they look when unbound - evil angels.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Solomon probably fights off like three backstabbing sons yelling "FATHEEERRRR! I WILL FINALLY BRING YOUR REIGN TO AN END!" a day and be all "I have no idea who you are" every time because the sons who are dumb enough to think they can bring him down are beneath his notice.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
SOLOMON DAVID

GOD-EMPEROR OF THE CELESTIAL EMPIRE AND GRAND MASTER OF KI RATA

BEARER OF THE WORD DIAMOND-HARD ABS AND GOD OF THE SEVEN-PART WORLD

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 19, 2018

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Archenteron posted:

From what I remember about Ki Rata, I imagine none currently living.

From what I imagine about it, he has taught it to thousand sons of his, but none actually lived past the student phase.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"I work on in my free time"

548 pages

:stare:

Also free, just like the comic. Only thing I've honestly felt bad about reading for free so I made my first Patreon subscription ever...because this is Moebius quality poo poo. And I haven't even begun to talk about how the art is still less awesome than the story which hits all my buttons so hard.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
YISUN: "Your name will be White Chain Borns in Emptiness to Subdue Evil."

"Sweet name bro!"

"Aaaand you will be Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon."

"That is pretty badass!"

"And you will be...Michael."

"..."

"...Jeff?"

"Michael is okay."

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I hope at some point we learn what the Yellow City was. Considering the only other Capital Color City we know is Throne, it must have been a pretty special place.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I always took it as a metaphorical page of the Seven considering they are all simultaneously engaging in their respective vices. And I am pretty sure they didn't all just hang out together with Zoss pre-Universal war anyway.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

petty witch posted:

maya will cut her hair the day after incubus does. what im wondering is, when does incubus gently caress off and leave maya the sole student? read meti's sword manual again

e: god i love how incubus just creeps into focus, abbadon this is a Good Page

They're all Good Pages, bront

Diogines posted:

I have been summoned.

Wow, not only was I reminded of Paradise Lost, it's still going on? I know what I'll be reading 'till Summer, thanks! I love when I forget that something good is going on and I'll have a backlog to entertain me.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 20, 2019

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Super Waffle posted:

Meti has previously been seen with a halo/crown; does she have a Key? Or does your crown appear once you start attaining Royalty, and keys just make it easier?

It is supposed to be a physical embodiment of your soul flame. Those who have true royalty can manifest it without a key I think. Zoss had it before he made a single one.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Hmm, is Incubus an albino? Would explain the red eyes and white hair.

I mean yes? I've always thought he was an albino. Probably like having a small mole in this universe or something.

If he's going for Meti, next page is going to be probably the biggest mis-match up in this comic yet.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Demiurge4 posted:

What if Meti is just a grumpy old grandma who’s never fought anything in her life?

Well you want to test that theory?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

fritz posted:

Ben Grimm is the closest to Royalty among the Fantastic Four but I've been out of marvel comics to know who the most Royal in that whole universe is.

Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner. IMPERIOUS REX and a furious idiot.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Aaand we have a new winner for the most disturbing scene in the comic yet...

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Solomon's sons probably start out as scribes/soldiers/whatever. If he has them only once per generation I imagine one generation is loving huge and only the smartest failsons make it to the Council

President Ark posted:

i think my favorite subtle detail on this page is the ridiculous amount of paperwork visible

in the last panels there are like 4 little carts full of a solid brick of paper

e: also the little carts are clearly designed explicitly for the purpose of carting around ludicrous amounts of paperwork

reach pride through bureaucracy

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 12, 2019

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Polgas posted:

I am glad jag's mortal followers do not lose to the thorns in the proper kill murder mindset.

Knights Belligerent make Thorns look like pacifists, the only reason they worship Jagganoth is because they can't kill him (and neither can anything else, ergo he is the supreme being).

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Final book?

FINAL BOOK?!

I...I'm not ready for this :negative:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The text is essential to the full KSBD experience for Intra alone.

Anyone else thought there would be a full book for each of the Seven like with Mottom, Mammon and Solomon David? Incubus has had his equivalent moment in the spotlight through Allison and Maya but I feel like we don't know as much about Gog-Agog, Jagganoth and Jadis, with much of what we know being out-of-comic lore.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 24, 2020

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Anyone else always amused by the Gods eternally getting their panties in a bunch and fetching YISUN to explain things out to them? The Wheel is basically a continuous motion of 777,777 Immortal God-Kings yelling "MOOOOMMMM!"

ThaumPenguin posted:

Sounds like you're primed for a reread! 😊

Between everything inside and outside the comic I always discover new realizations on every re-read. I don't think I've ever poured through a fictional work in such painstaking detail and I just to figured out that Yaun in the text is Jagganoth. What a goddamn Magnum Opus in every possible way. It isn't appreciated one hundredth of what it deserves in its time, but drat if some yet unborn nerd is going to have their mind blown in like 2115 when they go through Old Internet.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 24, 2020

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Me opening the comic this morning, super drowsy

expletive WHATTTTTT

LEVEL FIFTEEN MIND-BLOW

INSTANTLY AWAKE

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Poor Servants though, getting left out of this flame unification.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Oxxidation posted:

probably. she's the only one left without a title card so she'll likely have a bombshell of her own to drop

Hell, she's basically done nothing since
KILL
SIX
BILLION
DEMONS

Definitely going to be a banger, top 10 most metal pages

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I thought the Aspected Chaos was the bearer of the word FOOL

I

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The only thing I'm not feeling is the whole "this has all happened before and will happen again" over just an individual story, but that might be because Battlestar Galactica poisoned me on it irrevocably. I have no problems with the action though, just a whole lot of GODDAMN

Also I am still kinda chaffed we didn't get a book per demiurge but then again that is because I don't want this thing to end.

ThaumPenguin posted:

It's worth keeping in mind that this comic is designed to be read as one work, like in a completed comic book. These last pages are almost all incredibly well-crafted spectacle meant to highlight the power of the demiurges etc, and it's likely an incredibly experience when read all in one go. Trouble is, spectacle doesn't quite work as well when it's drip-fed to you over weeks and months.

Like we can speculate and argue about why Mottom is young and why Gog-Agog turned into a huge wall, but for somebody reading the completed work, they'd notice these things, ask themselves why they're happening, only to likely have those questions answered before the wow-factor of the spectacle has the chance to wear off. The problem for us who are along for the ride is that we have far too much time to question why things are happening, which makes the events feel arbitrary.

Agree with this though, better with re-reads.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Man, Solomon David might just edge it out to be my favorite character. Say what you will, my man doesn't go for half measures.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Post your most K6BD lyrics ITT

Reality's a razor,
I lick the sharp part 'cause I like the flavor

Machetes shedding blood
Seven headed devils, son, better run
I sever every tongue and ride into the setting Sun,
'Cause I'm blessed with this heavy tome, better none, said it once
Telling heavens now, when it's said and done, dead is done

https://youtu.be/lBLQTnfxHZI

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

maswastaken posted:

I'm trying to make myself consider how much of an ask this would be from anyone else but drat it all, there is just too much goodwill.

Goodwill? I mean this is like sitting in a heaven of eternal tastes and pleasures, being waited hand and foot by all the angels, then Metatron comes in and is all "Ok now for the main course and entertainment my bro you've seen nothing yet"

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Pattonesque posted:

it kinda unironically rules that the past year and a half of this comic IRL has taken about 30 minutes in the comic itself

Kinda? I mean this is like...

DarkCrawler posted:

Goodwill? I mean this is like sitting in a heaven of eternal tastes and pleasures, being waited hand and foot by all the angels, then Metatron comes in and is all "Ok now for the main course and entertainment my bro you've seen nothing yet"

It rules beyond belief. One cut in K6BD is worth twenty regular comic fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Shoehead posted:

That's the end of this book yeah? It's time for another rull reread?

You re-read this only when a book ends?

quote:

“There is no end,” said the angel, and it was so indeed.