Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tactical RPG, only the gamebreaker combos have to fit into each character's sole class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

So White Chain's plan was to bitterly disappoint Solomon David with the greatest one-on-one fight he'll ever have, right? Because it looks like she's executed it perfectly.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Jossar posted:

509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded, a most disappointing Angel.
Maybe their continued service after the Universal War was a lot more demanding than White Chain's.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Archenteron posted:

Abbadon said we're going to hate the ending of this, so it's probably just gonna be "White Chain dies, Gog does nothing, no moral"
With the band's track record of just making the demiurges very, very angry and barely escaping with their lives, the ending I'd hate the most is a convincing win.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Begemot posted:

So this is totally Dave getting cut, right
The rule was to draw one drop of his blood and she looks like an entire body's worth of both that and his flesh, so...

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

nimby posted:

White Chain to Vigilant Gaze: "My eyes are up here."
10 Male Gaze Discards the Periphery.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Vigilant Gaze did say Ki Rata required total concentration and I think it's now safe to say this expression wasn't that.

White Chain got her opening and it looks like instead of winning, she made him lose.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

standard.deviant posted:

Now you’ve done it.
THIS! IS A PEACEFUL LAND!
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

wiegieman posted:

They just like a good fight.
This - and Solomon can totally spin this. White Chain landed her hit (undeniable) and that exact moment (because time froze), she did get her wish (as he'll claim it to be) granted. Thus it's proof that he must actually be a god because how else was it supposed to happen?

They'd never know that him stooping so low would mean White Chain won even harder than it already seems, right?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Begemot posted:

His posts are still there, last I checked. From what I can tell he thinks K6BD is entirely derivative of Dante's Inferno (which he has read and understands by the way) but is copying it WRONG.
It is weird that "Author watches all the historic figures he doesn't like suffer eternally for imagined crimes in weirdly fetishistic ways" wasn't so faithfully reproduced in a comic that instead chose to be about a cold war between the godlike rulers of the multiverse and a sorority girl's endeavours to make it extremely hot.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

That's not true, it only works if the word is short.
I don't think I'm so unique in being able to do "anthropomorphic" up there at a glance. Context and familiarity go a very long way.

Slpmiy rnisreveg the wdros altnerappy ptnesers the redaer wtih the msot dtluciffiy tguohh. Maybe shuffling the letters allows you to more quickly see the letters you actually need to identify the word?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

White Chain probably had something stupid in mind like "Stop Pursuing Alison's Key" or "Introduce Democracy" or "Euthanise Metatron" anyway.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

First try and I get a dick joke:

quote:

62 Bloody Tower Accuses the Void

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

E: funny Incubus thought, his head is indestructible, because of Head of John. Maybe that also makes taking his keys ridiculously hard, and the others consider that cheating? The cheese strat of demiurge war.
Jagganoth's in absolutely no position to call him out on that.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Since he's planning to nuke reality, more like an especially radioactive rock.

Also, :five:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

Pretty much. Like if you are upset or sad or depressed you don't choose to take out your damage on the entire universe via constant war.

That and I keep having visions of the two astronaut meme where it's just:

"So it's all just abusive learned behaviour and martial arts"

"Always has been"
One Alisonaut and one Zossmonaut, surely.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

But yeah, Jagganoth absolutely came here with the intention of Starting Some poo poo, so he really doesn't have any room to bemoan how nobody understands him when they understand quite well that he's there to Start Some poo poo.
I thought he was playing rather coy about such intentions when he came down to the planet he nuked and yelled "AH, 'TIS FINE DAY TO START SOME SHIT"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It is; The weapons are useless to his opponents and he now has an arsenal on-hand to use regardless of stance or position. He's picked the battlefield, and anywhere within that area those swords may as well be in his hands rather than embeddded in the ground because if he needs another weapon he just has to pick whatever's in arm's reach and swing.
Beast style but being used by someone who has never killed everyone.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

In which somebody is forgotten.
That jackass was a terrible - lay - anyway.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

He also melted those swords out of the ice, presumably to throw them at someone
Alison's about to learn she's really bad at catching swords with her hands and teeth - and be very glad she wasn't even slightly better.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 1, 2021

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Do you guys think people on Gog Agog's worlds say "Oh my Gog!" instead of "Oh my God!" ?
Neither; "Oh me, Gog!"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I went back and checked, and it's the same font used for PERFECT KILL: TOTAL LIFE ANHILATION which is an incredible panel, so I guess it's not the font itself I'm reacting to, more the placement. The text overlaps with the already busy sword effects, diluting the effect and making the contrast between the hand-drawn text and the font more noticeable. Compared to the PERFECT KILL which has half the panel composition dedicated to it.
It also punctuated the end of PERFECT KILL: TOTAL LIFE OBLITERATION, a technique you'd just witnessed in full. Here, you've just seen Incubus get pushed by something (which he's very clearly blocked) into a large body of water with a really big splash. I have no loving idea what BLOOD DRAINING SWORD-SOUL just did.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

nimby posted:

If I had to take a guess, Jagganoth is using the soul of a sword to drain blood of his enemy.

So a not-quite physical manifestation of a sword that stabs you and eats your blood.
And I'd still like to have seen that. Again, all that was shown was "Sword exist - it magic"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

Meti did warn them that being her student was a bad idea but they did it anyways.
I can't see Meti managing to sell it as something worse than the month-long life of starvation Incubus otherwise had ahead of him.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

It’s also important that your weapons themselves be moral agents lest they be misused.
To Jaggs, that would just be hundreds of screams of "This person is only gravely injured and not even by me! What the gently caress, dude?"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

One of those "I inject myself full of drugs to give myself superpowers" characters, a la Bane, but it's the placebo effect. He can actually just do that.
Royalty comes in strange and wonderful forms.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

She's free to do her thing, whatever it is a mass of worms does when not comically running in place.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I think we're about due for a reminder that despite the severity of this rear end kicking, Jagganoth has taken no damage.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

YaketySass posted:

Maybe I'll have eggs on my face for the following pages but I'm reasonably confident this is supposed to be a "yes, he really is that invulnerable and here's how it works" show-don't-tell beat.
I for one have my hopes raised for the appearance of 2 Jagganoth Wrecks Your poo poo.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Thundarr posted:

A universe without time is one that can never change. Entropy, disorder, chaos (aspected or otherwise) cannot exist there. Given the present situations of our protagonists, that seems like reason enough to want Jags to not succeed. I don't think he's gonna be talked down from his position in under a minute, though.
It's Solomon's empire on a grander scale, really. A stagnant expanse that only looks idyllic.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tried it on the recent one that had a dril tweet as alt text; worked as advertised.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Ah, I see we've hit the part no one's going to be happy about.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Most of the others settled for building and playing in their personal playpens, Jadis just kind of waited around a lot, Jagganoth and Incubus prepared for a fight.

Jagganoth worked on himself, Incubus worked on a furious idiot with a gem in her head - definitely not for anywhere near as long and definitely, definitely not for anywhere near as many of those lengths.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tulip posted:

Do you think her next tweet will be "Wow sorry I got lost for a minute there, everything's fine!" or "People of Earth! We have defeated time itself! Enjoy your godlike powers!"
"hosed up badly. Sorry guys xxx"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

"What's with the extra arms, being 9 foot tall and looking absolutely nothing like yourself?"

"Still wearing both my girlfriends, obviously."

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

He apparently feels pain and that amount of sunburn's got to do something mentally if not physically.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Omobono posted:

Incidentally, I still laugh at how they managed the Voltron.
White Chain: "Hold on do we even know how to do that?"
AlliCio: "No, who cares, get in the fusion"
That's why it worked.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The thing about not assigning Blade to Jagganoth is having to explain why Jadis gets it.

Which is fine because there's no way that explanation isn't awesome.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

That's her gently caress off supermove: she's a mime, she's going to turn herself into Jaggs as he appears right now.
Hear me out, what if instead of turning into Jagganoth, turning into multiple Jagganoths?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

standard.deviant posted:

Would you rather fight 1 Jagganoth-sized Gog or 777,777 Gog-sized Jagganoths?
Which one has the attack that annihilates nearby cities 777,777 times merely as a side effect?