Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

More info will maybe go here who knows.

The shadow knows.
Just sayin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Better yet, hitting rocket boost counts as "mounting," and it's instant (without the expensive perk), and unlike every other mount, it works indoors. My usual habit is tap rocket boost and then tap my recovery thing which both interrupts rocket boost and tops me off if I took any damage, and then I'm off and running. Pretty much zero down time using this strategy with a tank companion. This is one of the big reasons rocket boost is the best thing anybody can buy with their Hutt Bux.

Also you guys are lucky I'm not in the goon guild cause I dominate the dress-up game:

Nice saber you got there... I have one of those.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm still mad as hell about companion weapons!

Not promising anything, but I will ask around.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

Nonentity, I'm beginning to get a bit disappointed. It's been like a year and a half since I requested my "cut open taun-taun and get inside" regen item.

Also, I've seen that POT5 is dying a bit more every day so I feel it's time for you to take your friends and family and bring them over to us.

Damnit what server are you on?
What faction?
I think I will start my level 60 someplace where there are goons.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

READ THE OP, GOD

But seriously, we're on JC, imp side and it would be cool to have you. Just never ever tell anyone your character name or people will probably constantly ask you for stuff in whispers

Not me, other people

I don't read OPs.

Invite for Non-Entity pls. Some clown toucher took my normal name.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

I dropped some decorations into the guild bank. Whoever has been doing the fine job of decorating the space bar, I hope you can use them.

nonentity fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 24, 2015

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Nipponophile posted:

So here's the part where we solicit funny names from everyone. One of them may or may not be chosen as the alt guild name.

My old favorite...

Your Companion

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Empress Theonora posted:

On a completely unrelated note, there are a very few things I think were cool about the prequels and one of those cool things was Count Dooku's lightsaber with a curved hilt. Are there any like that in SWTOR I could get for my Sith Warrior? All my lightsabers are so boring looking. :smith:

I made the Vengeance's Unsealed Lightsaber as a curved hilt...

Medullah posted:

Yes! Non Entity, one of your greatest creations is back on the Cartel Market!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-93J508iIo

It is as I have foreseen it...

good...

nonentity fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 30, 2015

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

Bitches never be happy

Truth.

BRB, adding more round parts and making it sound bad.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

Well, you just lost my business, sir! BW is never listening to the fans! I'll sue and I'll delete my account and you'll lose my monthly revenue and go out of business. Have fun designing lightsabers out of your cardboard box!

http://www.slothfurnace.com/

I do just fine in my cardboard box. Good day, SIR.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

Those are still so cool. Have you ever tried to make a curved hilt?

Nope, between raising two kids and getting bogged down in this commission...

http://www.slothfurnace.com/sabers/Exegesis_01.html

... I've not had a chance to branch out into new projects lately.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

Hmmm looks like your new mount has some clipping issues still, Non-Entity. :D

If you personally want me to fix that, I will look at it.

or I might just cut a hole in the top for your hat.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

Log Mount is officially the best mount - It's the first actual flying mount in the game!

Praise the log.

It is the gift that keeps on giving.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

You're welcome.

Also for this:

And these:

nonentity fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 6, 2015

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Are there any blaster rifles with bayonets? Would look cool, especially on vanguards.

And by cool I mean silly because they'd never actually use them but also cool.

There are now.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I like that they're finally giving us a color crystal in a nice classic light blue that can be added to collections and doesn't require level 50. "Farmhand Blue." Clever!

Well, I thought it was an appropriate name, given that I designed that color based on the first appearances of Luke's Graflex saber.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Nice. Do you do armor sets in addition to mounts/color crystals?

I only do mounts and mount VFX, weapon and weapon VFX, color crystals, some rest and recharges, log mounts... Some concept art. Some environment art, like most of the monitors in game and holotrees. Some cinematic VFX.

No in game armor stuff.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Fuzz posted:

I cannot wait for this oh man.

Did you get my email, by the way? Never got a response.

Ah yes, I did. I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been COMPLETELY swamped with making pixels to put on your monitors.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

prefect posted:

Do we have an authoritative source for which crystal most closely matches Ben's pre-remastered lightsaber?

hm.

I'll see what I can whip up, but they are SO similar, I feel we'd get a backlash of "WHY SO MANY BLUE CRYSTALS YOU SUCK BIOFAIL THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE"

But I will look into it.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

Non-entity! The Minas Wasp is awesome, nice work!

Hey thanks a lot. I always wonder if people like a thing.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've been buying most of the new speeders as they come out. Partly that's because my stronghold is set up as a "swoop garage" with dozens of vehicles either on display or scattered around looking like they're being worked on in the back. And partly it's just because they're cool. I really liked the Meirm Moth because it looked disassembled. :)

You were talking about color crystals earlier and how an authentic "Obi-Wan blue" might be too close to the "Farmhand" look. Well, the conversation reminded me of a post I saw on the forums a while back asking for a green that was closer to Luke's Return of the Jedi green, so not as pale as the "mint" one but not as yellow-tinged as the standard green ones. In general I like the idea of having collectible crystal options that resemble the more classic colors, so any slightly tweaked green, red, blue and yellow I think would go over well. If you're looking for ways to mix them up, it generally looks really cool when the core is not pure white but a much paler version of the main color... like the pink-red, which actually looked a lot like Vader's saber in some scenes.

Just throwin' some ideas at the wall so to speak.

I can neither confirm nor deny that a certain other color might already be made.

(get out of my head)

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

Nonentity, can you make these glasses happen please?

Yes, I can.

But should I? That is the question.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

So Non-Entity, how long until you are forced to shoehorn in get the privilege of adding a claymore saber to the game?

I don't know what you are talking about.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

For anybody that didn't notice, the other Blademaster lightsabers are finally available on the Cartel Market. Similar in style to the "attenuated" ones but with slightly thicker blades... still thinner than average I think, more original trilogy style than Rebels style. 500 hutt bux apiece, 400 to unlock. I've been waiting for these! They look great!

This is the kind of slightly-mismatched look I like for this character. I like the idea that every lightsaber is a unique creation by its wielder, so no two are exactly the same. Here I have the standard one with an original purple crystal and the shoto with derelict purple.

Thanks nonentity! Enjoy my money!

My personal favorite ones I have made lately, glad you're enjoying them. I want to build some real world physical versions of those soon.

Also, new stuff a'comin. Can't wait to show you guys.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Mercurius posted:

It is and it owns. Nonentity did a really good job on it.

Using the mint crystal in it makes it look like Luke's saber from ROTJ as a protip.

Hey thanks!

Hm, perhaps I should do some more green crystals...

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Empress Theonora posted:

I hope there's a two-bladed version for my inquisitor or consular.

There is. You're welcome.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Mercurius posted:

From what I saw of the preview images it looks like you made the double bladed version is slightly shorter than normal. If so, you're the absolute best because most of the double bladed sabers are really long and look extremely weird to me when they're sheathed.

I try.

Also the kotor inspired vibroblades retract when sheathed.

Also also, desert green crystal is the return of the Jedi Luke green

Also also also, some other neat stuff in there, can't remember it all cause development is all a blur by now.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Iron Tusk posted:

At any point do you wish you could go back to an elementary school you, maybe when you're having a particularly bad day, and say hey buddy cheer up, when you grow up you're going to get to draw light-sabers, for a living.

Yeah, more often than I'd care to admit, I'd be hoping me from the future could come back to me in the now and do the same thing.

When I was six, I saw Star Wars for the first time at school during a rainy day with no recess. I told my mom on the way home, "that's what I want to do."

She said, "what, fly spaceships?" I said, "no, build the models and do the effects."

I got pretty close, I guess.

I still would like the periodic reassurance of time-traveling future me.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Oh yeah, I actually modeled the Unstable Arbiter saber after one I am building in the shop...

http://www.slothfurnace.com/sabers/Exegesis_08.html

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Mercurius posted:

I am really unreasonably excited for tomorrow's patch for some reason.

Same, but because you guys get to play with the toys I have made.

I feel like space Santa.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Yay I'm finally patched.

I'll be logging in momentarily to try my luck at the packs.

Whee!

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

I would just like to point out that I supported your company and bought a hypercrate, and got almost nothing other than the swamp rancor. So any extra stuff you feel like sending me will not be returned unwanted.

What do you want, my friend?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

Well I am a vehicle collector so I will need to buy all of the ones from this pack. Along with any toys. And companions. :D

Ha, let me see what I can do.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Nipponophile posted:

Nonentity has graciously offered to donate a warbot and an unstable dual saber from the new packs for a prize giveaway.

Unless I come up with something different over the weekend, I'm leaning towards a straight lottery, with the entry cost being one flagship encryption. I'll hash out the details later, but maybe this will give people more of an incentive to hit their conquest goal this week.

And remember folks, no wagering.

Unless you count gamblepacks.

In which case, wager away, I have kids to feed.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Macintosh HD posted:

I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but the unstable arbiter saber is partly why I reinstalled this game.

<3

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

As long as we're airing grievances:

(words I don't care about)

* The weird lighting glitch on the Stronghold Defender assault cannon still isn't fixed in the game, even though nonentity told me he fixed the mesh months ago. Crampin' my style!

(more words)

Nonentity: Cramping your style on purpose since 1847.

(I don't even know why that would still be happening. Did you turn it off then on again?)

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

prefect posted:

Where on the VV do you sit? :confused:

Wink.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Damnit.

nevermind.

The new assaultcannon has spinny bits.

also the new commander's weapon set has some nifty VFX.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

So who won the Unstable Glowstick contest?

I've been too busy making junk to check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

So. This is my gift to you.

As well as

And

And also

• Locked thread