Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

It needs a cross tab of delegates and super delegates for full :pcgamer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Torrannor posted:

Please tell me that all these crazies supporting Trump are just liberals trying to screw over the Republicans :ohdear:

I'm a liberal that is registered Republican so I can vote in the GOP primary, because that is the election that decides Sheriff and eventual country commissioners in my podunk county. I vote Democrats in the general election.

Haven't decided on Trump or Cruz for my troll vote yet, Paul dropped out too early, his dad would always stick around to NC.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Slow and constant growth? Nope, jagged lines everywhere!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Somfin posted:

Nanomachines that can form into anything you want on command, but are small enough that they disperse into an invisible / semi-visible vapour when not needed. Conjuring physical poo poo out of the air, basically.

So Michael Crichton's novel Prey will become reality. Huh.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
How do I set my calculator to "bonkers"?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm the three different ratings in South Carolina.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Powaqoatse posted:

what if i dont eat neither :ohdear:

I Can't Believe It's A Goon!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fathis Munk posted:

Pretty Good is a pretty good show yeah, there's a bunch of great episodes.
And Chart Party, also done by Jon Bois, is pretty good with charts and graphs.

Here's a history of the Three Point Shot in the NBA, with lots of charts and graphs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhB1vPM8ItA

Here's a college football game that went 222-0 because somebody pissed off John Heisman. There are charts involved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZzrsDJo-4

And of course, there's 17776. Charts, maps, alternate future that isn't really explained, it's good stuff.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Möbius has arrived.

Well, almost arrived. Gotta bridge that gap with telemetric innovation.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm one of the Asias that's not in Asia.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Miscellaneous means stoner. Hufflepuff is the stoner kid house.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spoeank posted:

Matlock to M@tlock! is like when work makes me change my password requirements

Every 90 days the password grows. p@ssword35 becomes p@ssword36

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

jeebus bob posted:

"slept with"

I mean I get why they don't write "hosed" but there's got to be a more appropriate term.
"Performed with" would be more appropriate.

Maybe "Performed a scene with"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TinTower posted:

Colour me interested too.

Also, from the MLB thread by way of the NBA and NFL threads:

That atmospheric pressure cheat code. :wow:
I'm surprised that Home Ice is not as important as Home Court. Especially when some arenas are Home Ice and Home Court, and have equally loud fans. Is it because the barriers around the ice hockey rink drown out the noise for the players?

And now that I look at it again, the Colorado Avalanche are not a the top of the NHL, and they play in the same arena as the Denver Nuggets of the NBA. Even taking into account Colorado teams being better playing at high elevation they still don't have the home ice advantage of Los Angeles and Anaheim (which is basically Los Angeles).

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Sep 18, 2018

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I kinda wish that South Carolina had a different color, even though I know it's not a country.

That's the only way SC becomes a purple state.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Goon Danton posted:

They misunderstood the Trolley Problem and just keep hammering the "kill one person" button.
The first rule of government spending is "Why build one when you can build two at twice the price?"

The DoD looks at the Trolley Problem and comes to the solution of "send two trolleys"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Somfin posted:

It's identical but it's just called Sounding Mario now

Whipping Mama

"Pick up the spatula."
"Now with a swinging motion..."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

It's beautiful.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Peanut Butler posted:

*Kansas Flag stuff*

really though something that evokes the locally-famous badass mural in the capitol building would be ideal

Shamelessly stolen from a BillyC post in the meme thread

Would like to see the chart that ends in 410,747,864,530 dead Confederates

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Slippery posted:

you're god drat right that if I could snap my fingers and make a 14 mile long wall disappear, I'd do it. talk about an awesome party trick

And if I could snap my fingers and make a 2000 mile wall show up across barren wasteland for a mere 6 Billion bucks that would also be a great party trick.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Phy posted:

I'm sorry, my vision ain't what it use to be

Sorry about that, I'm the light blue text on regular blue background in a skinny font.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TheMaskedUgly posted:

tag yourself, im 50% Suddenly without warning Judas Moment
I'm "Life Before Awareness Orphan"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Andrew Yang with the "Just here to talk about UBI" forcefield.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The Midwest is the Big 10 conference back when it was 10 teams.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

packetmantis posted:

Hey, a free orchiectomy is nothing to turn your head and cough at.
Well I just learned a new word today.

Why did it have to be that word :gonk:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's probably a boring reason like somebody clicking the wrong sort button in excel and then not proofreading the chart output
Yeah most of the states are one off, starting with DE or FL as far as I can tell. FL is the first state alphabetically showing the wrong postal abbreviation, and DE isn't included.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

System Metternich posted:

You better never look into the Freep thread over in D&D then because Freepers do this poo poo all the time (they came up with some unintentionally hilarious nicknames for Obama though)
The Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers is my favorite fake name for B-Rock The Islamic Shock Superallah Hussein Obama.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Buttchocks posted:

Now do a chart of Espers.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Candify: to make something into candy

Prove me wrong :colbert:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The sun would be like one of those big round golf ball looking LNG tanks.
Gaffney SC has a water tower painted like a peach.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Platystemon posted:

It came up in an image search. I immediately recognised it as a prime example of an awful chart, but I did not read the page.
So it really is a sample size of 7 and is just analysis of a transcript of a meeting the student attended.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Something tells me Dilbert guy considers himself to be adjusted pretty high on humor and hotness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cichlidae posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a college sports thing. Michigan hates Ohio for that reason and more!
At least with Michigan and Ohio there was a reason that had nothing to do with sports.

In the Great Toledo War when Michigan was still a territory, there was a border dispute with Ohio near modern day Toledo. In a compromise Michigan ceded Toledo in exchange for the upper peninsula. This still rankles Ohio as they have been stuck with Toledo ever since.