Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

LonsomeSon posted:

I mean, I feel like either a slick, corrupt career politician or a blustering buffoon, smugly possessed of more wealth than taste and with a history of sexual assault would be an accurate public face for the nation, so I stand by my sentance.

Good catch, though, I always need help policing my jokes in order to assure that they conform to your expectations.

Jesus loving christ, you aren't kidding. After breaking my strict rule of write-in voting for federal-level offices to vote for Obama in his first election, I figured I had learned not to be taken in by someone pandering to my shameful inner idealistic optimist.

I never stopped to consider that other poo poo could make me feel like it was important to waste my vote on a candidate from one of the major parties, that I could become so ashamed of, disgusted with, and unnerved by my nation's politics. But hey, it turns out that no matter how cynical I become there's always room below, and some experience that will cause me to go deeper.

You are bad and you should feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Well you said it so it must be true. Please ignore me while I post some stuff from a 'fake news' source.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/dakota-access-pipeline-protesters-police.html

Police said. Every single one. They also said they weren't using water cannons on the protesters. Demonstrated false.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

So many questions. So many.

Two: where, and how much.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Outrail posted:

'Prank'

Haha I put a dog poo poo in your sandwich! Psych!

It uses a different tank for the water. I know from the filming style that's from Just For Laughs: Gags. It's old-school pranking where no one is ever in danger of anything.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I watched this, and I still think he looks like he's wearing a fat suit. He just looks so fabricy

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Huh, this makes Tetsuo in Let it Die much less random.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ransack posted:

I think you'll find that the plural of moose is "meese".

As a Canadian, I must inform you it's "loving god-damned menaces."

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

blunt for century posted:

shut the gently caress up about that cat, goddamn

Chill, Say Nothing posted, we're cool.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Doom Rooster posted:

You are probably trolling based on your perfect storm of wrongness, but here goes.

I am a Vive/PSVR owner, but nope. Touch came out a little over 9 months after system release, not 2 years, the controllers are actually better than the Vive controllers, WAY better than the PS move controllers, and the Rift platform (with Touch) itself is pretty decent. Hand-specific controls are actually great. You cannot provide a controller that is as ergonomic and comfortable without being hand-specific.

And left-handed people eat poo poo? The Wii was awesome because I could use it in a configuration comfortable for me. A controller is a different situation, but for motion controls I want my dominant hand.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

FCKGW posted:

i love that in response to an article that oculus management is a kiddy fucker you think he should instead be beheaded for the crime of hand-specific controllers.

loving goons man

Who said that?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Stex T posted:

From what I remember, pretty badly; it exacerbated some preexisting spinal injury and she had no insurance.

Bad enough where she decided it would be appropriate and cool to sue a 5 year old, anyways.

Didn't she sue so their homeowners insurance would pay out for her medical? Like, it wasn't acrimonious?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I loving love hate speech talk, because people are "criminalizing ideas arglebargle". Canadian hate speech laws don't outlaw ideas, because, if I was a lovely person I can still say "I hate Chinks, they're ruining the country," for example. The line is crossed then I say to people, "Hey, those Gypsies over there steal everything, including kids, we should kill them." It's the incitement to cause the actions of others that makes it hate speech." It's a two-part test. The hatred, then the incitement.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Strudel Man posted:

Routinely torture them? That sounds awful.

Ah. It's torture in the sense that they're not letting them into Australia. I see.

That, and there's a ban on reporters mentioning the place, or visiting it, and apparently reported guards regularly rape women there. So, yeah, just like not being let in.

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/immigration/2015/08/22/nauru-rapes-there-war-women/14401656002263

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/sexual-abuse-rape-threats-alleged-by-nauru-asylum-seekers-20140929-10nlun.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34552321

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-21/alleged-shortfalls-in-treatment-of-nauru-rape-victim/6872582

https://www.amnesty.ca/news/news-releases/nauru-foreign-media-refused-entry-after-refugee-rape-claims

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Regrettable posted:

She's outright cheating by kicking during a boxing match. Also, he blocked almost every single punch she threw while he was on the ground, so yeah, you don't know poo poo about self defense.

That's why refs never stop the match when someone is mounted and turtled up and doing nothing.

your friend a dog posted:

while hacking is unfortunate, theres some bizarre point of view how it's not fair that the leaks turned people away from the democratic party, as if voters should be forced to ignore blatant corruption simply because it came from a biased source

I think it's more the "third or fourth time in US history someone won popular vote but lost electoral college" bit.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

baw posted:

The article discusses a few studies, but the biggest one is ongoing. Also I've seen plenty of lifts by crossfitters that would not lead to DQ. The main thing that you need to understand is that it is not nearly as clear-cut as you are implying.

Here is a video of a snatch being done by a crossfitter. Please point out why this would lead to a DQ

Crossfit is crossShit. Sorry for your terrible waste of time.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

CommonShore posted:

Also content:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/tamara-lovett-ryan-failing-provide-necessaries-trial-decision-1.3947694

Canadian jippie who tried to treat kid's strep infection with dandilion root instead of taking him to a doctor gets jail time.

Was wondering what a jippie was. Turns out it's a hippie. Dumb mom. Go to jail.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sagebrush posted:

I really wanted it to be true too, but don't spread fake news on either side of the aisle. I'm sure he'll do something just as ridiculous in the next 24 hours anyway

aww, it was just ridiculous enough to be true. Oh well.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Aerdan posted:

I enjoy reading wealthy cunts telling poors that they're not allowed to have luxuries.

Or maybe, if you're spending $1500 a year on coffee, you could treat it like an actual luxury and have it every second day?

I enjoy pathetic cunts saying poors can't make changes to improve their positions because then they might feel bad. I'm reading the original zuarg thread right now, and you're advocating the exact poo poo that got his debt growing by $1k a month.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Weatherman posted:

Read the post he quoted. Dude says something and then negates what he just said like three times in a row, and the net result is "...". A Useless Poast.

Don't sign your posts!

E: "there's useful posts?"

E2: are we running out of space?

E3: faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Did the article really need to go "hey, this black woman isn't married to her children's father"?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Burning_Monk posted:

They were pointing out Norton (white woman) wasn't married to Torres (white guy) but had kids together.

Sorry, got the names mixed up.

Still seems unnecessary to point out?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Heh. Another failure to smear antifa for the right's action.

Isn't that felling literally called a widow maker by professional loggers?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sloober posted:

If you rebind G to also pay respects you can both kill someone and pay respect for their life ending.

Paying respects is a context sensitive event, and won't trigger just because you pushed the key, noob. What you want to do is bind crouch and grenade to the same key, so you're long-distance tea-bagging when you kill them.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

GrandpaPants posted:

We're all going to die someday. Most of us alone.

Ha, I'm totally going to die with hundreds of other people. Don't ask the details, they might stop me.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:ughh:
As a deaf person I'm fuckin' ashamed of these twats. 'Authentically deaf'? What the flying gently caress?

Aren't there some people who are seriously in to Deaf Culture, and are completely against things like cochlear implants because it means being Deaf isn't a Lifestyle any more? I've only heard, never met anyone like that myself, so I dunno.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Nuebot posted:

So my only experience with deaf people has been getting yelled at them when I worked retail. I don't know why but they were always angry about everything and always chose me to yell at. Then they yelled at me more for not knowing sign language and not making clear enough mouth movements or talking slow enough, but also talking too slowly because they weren't stupid and I shouldn't treat them like they were.

Anecdotal evidence of mine is the deaf people I ran in to during service were awesome and patient as my dumb rear end deciphered what they needed.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Outrail posted:

I hate taxis be sure they charge too much and it's impossible to get one when you need one, mostly because they have a virtual monopoly due to licensing.

Having a few sensible restrictions, requierements and a reasonable licensing fee would negate the need for uber. Of course the taxi lobby or whoever's got a financial interest won't let that happen.

Taxis here basically invented "Uber if it was regulated." It's called TappCar. It's loving amazing.

Sagebrush posted:

Uber's business model doesn't depend on robotic cars. That's a boondoggle story they sell the investors. Their true business model depends on wiping out all competitors, monopolizing the market so they can raise their rates to a profitable level. That's why literally any other ride-hailing company, regardless ofwhat they're doing, is an existential threat

Uber is like the Wal-mart of taxis.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Powered Descent posted:

The part I don't get about shopkeeper's privilege (or whatever the official legal term is that lets store security detain people) are the bystanders. If I happened to stroll up to the front of a store and saw a man refusing to let go of a woman's purse:

I'd... well okay, to be honest it's hard to say what I'd actually do. It's easy enough to sit here and say I'd step in and save the apparent damsel in distress, but I guess you never really know until it happens. But in any case, my sympathies certainly wouldn't be with the dude refusing to let go of a girl half his size. Do bystanders, unaware that the altercation is a plainclothes-store-security-vs-shoplifter situation, ever step in and "rescue" the shoplifter? It's got to happen, at least occasionally.

Yeah, and then you get charged with aiding and abetting, and probably assault. Don't ever intervene over property, someone may have a knife or gun. If life and limb is at stake, that's more worth it.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Basebf555 posted:

We have a program set up for people who are currently unemployed that helps them temporarily pay their rent.

Again, if you add real value to the economy,

Please quantify "real value," because most jobs in North America are service-based, not production-based, so no physical goods are being created, so that method of quantification is out.

Does a salesman selling Ferraris on commission add more value to the economy than someone working in a hospital cafeteria? If so, why? The cafeteria person allows more people to enjoy a better quality of life and production value by keeping them fed while sick/working with the sick, so I'd value that over a Ferrari being sold every few days/weeks.

And now the really big question: what about people who are incapable of adding value to the economy? Lose your arms in an accident, get your spine crushed, crippling mental disorders, things like that? Do they not deserve to be taken care of and live comfortably? According to how you're coming across, a person's only value is what they can do for the "economy", rather than being a person of value by existing.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Basebf555 posted:

I'm talking specifically here about a persons value to an employer. Please don't conflate that with a belief that the entirety of a person's worth is their economic value.

That's really not how you were coming across, so thanks for clarifying. I appreciate that.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

10 Beers posted:

https://twitter.com/mydaughtersarmy/status/845312584702136322

Schadenfreude on the guy "trying to bring the tone down."

Can I vote for that man, even though I'm in a different country?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

snergle posted:

I wash my cast iron pan so that theres no grease in it come at me nerds

I season my no-stick pan. Fite me.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ElGroucho posted:

This dude I work with has always annoyed the poo poo out of me in weird ways that I can't quantify.

Today he came in wearing a Star Citizen shirt and everything made sense.

:sever: :murder:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

lfield posted:

shut the gently caress up

Agreed. It's 13 minutes. I've wasted more time than that in the shower. Just enjoy the fact it isn't bouncing around the screen with dubstep blaring and a guy shouting 'owned'.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

It can be, because it was probably in 6 theatres and notice it was also available on demand. Limited release in the US means less than 200 theatres. UK would be substantially less.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Says in the article it was in one theater.

Well poo poo, how'd I miss that. At least I was still close with my guess?

Doggles posted:

Remember that woman who voted for Trump and was shocked to find out her illegal immigrant husband was going to be deported?

On Tuesday, ICE agents grabbed the husband in the middle of the night and shipped him to Mexico.

Undocumented Man Whose Wife Voted For Trump Has Been Deported

:sad:

HA! I feel bad for the guy, but really really really not bad for the lady.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Low Desert Punk posted:

Why do you keep handwaving the fact that you thought using a slur was appropriate or funny?

Using retard as an insult isn't something I condone any more, but you, sir, have the intellect of a flea, and the composure of a spastic donkey.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

So is CP a special case or something?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/spastic?s=t

Don't see anything in there about CP. Just spasms.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

So a medical dictionary says "sometimes" after giving the same definition as a layman's dictionary. There's many other illnesses characterized by spasms, like Parkinson's. However, since I was talking about the composure of a donkey, the term is both colloquially and medically accurate. So while I won't call a person spastic now, anyone who takes offence to my previous usage in context is a sperg.

Yes, that was intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

SiKboy posted:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/spastic?q=Spastic

Or, maybe, just isn't American you parochial fuckknuckle.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I'm Canadian. Thanks for trying.