Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

NOBODY CARES ABOUT PROPERTY TAX POLICIES IN SAN FRANCISCO :suicide:

jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gonna need some examples of people that have been hosed over by a Trump presidency before I start throwing gas on a fire. Nothings happened yet, and I doubt anything meaningful will. We've just got 4 years of crazy rhetoric to look forward to. And my guess is Democrats are gonna act as much the spoiled children as the Republicans did the last time.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sounds as if it's a story about how obssession with other peoples' junk can lead to needless public humiliation and self-destructive behaviours.

A valuable social message which is unusually progressive for Hollywood and SNL :unsmith:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Consider also how old buildings have been cannibalized for materials - roman ruins becoming medieval houses and the like - and how common the "treasure behind danger" trope is.

Like, haven't people died digging in a hole in Nova Scotia because the driftwood looks a little like someone laid out some planks to maybe hide something?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island

Now consider that maybe people in the future really need metal or something, and then this radioactve waste becomes cooking pots (self-warming pots :haw:) and the waste gets spread all over the entire region and dumped in rivers and poo poo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Whenever I have something nice and someone wants to adulterate it in a way that I find horrifying, I make them try it on my terms first. More than 50% of the time they don't do whatever is the equivalent of "Adding coke" in this situation.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RabbitWizard posted:

As a German, i respectfully disagree. Let me try to explain. A person getting hit in the face with a pie on a TV show is funny. A person getting hit in the face with a pie after they boasted about being the best pie-avoider in the world is Schadenfreude. A random bystander getting hit in the face with a pie by a stranger is neither.

This is SA's most-German post of the week.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't know. There's a nazi thread in GBS.

Nazi is an american thing now.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Soviet Commubot posted:

RANDOM
HORSE
MEMES

Also content:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/tamara-lovett-ryan-failing-provide-necessaries-trial-decision-1.3947694

Canadian jippie who tried to treat kid's strep infection with dandilion root instead of taking him to a doctor gets jail time.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

quote:

hue hue hue hue hurr hue hurr hueooof

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Trebek posted:

It's never dawned on how utterly ridiculous cheerleading is. Once one group of people built a human pyramid was it all that impressive the 2nd time? Or the millionth?

Edit: content

I would sooner see young women take up a safe and well-supervised pastime, like MMA.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's like someone saw the Kevin James film "Here Comes The Boom" and thought "That could be me!!!"

That was his 88th pro mma fight.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Johnathan-Ivey-2100

e. also him:

CommonShore has a new favorite as of 06:12 on Feb 12, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A Good Post. I heard a radio interview a few weeks ago with a woman who was excommunicated for putting pretty low-level and polite pressure on the church to allow female ordination. To fill in those who don't know (as I didn't) literally every Mormon man is ordained from like age 12 or something like that, and women have to pay the same tithes and do all of the same work, but they get no say in church governance. A panel of men behind closed doors decided, for the crime of arguing that women should have rights and autonomy in the church, that she needed to literally be sent to hell (as that's the primary consequence of excommunication).

:mormons:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

nerdz posted:

Among other things, missing checkpoint chip data, suspicious splits (going fast in areas that you should be slow like steep inclines) and, absurdly enough, arriving at the finish line with different clothing since he started the race

Sewer shortcuts

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

chitoryu12 posted:

"Ma'am we literally have a recording of you pointing a shotgun at a child and shouting racial slurs and threats of violence."

"That's not who I am! That's not the kind of person I am!"

Heritage not hate

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm visualizing some obsessive person who stands in line for two days, using his iphone to keep in touch with people and send excuses to his boss for missing work while he waits in line for his iphone, and then gets his new iphone and immediately goes onto some apple forum so he can keep refreshing the page obsessively to find out when the next iphone will be coming out.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

darkwasthenight posted:

Such terrible things. Annual reminder that this topped the charts for three weeks running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37KQu64RY4

So you're saying that this was a meme before social media

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

chitoryu12 posted:

In lighter news, the schadenfreude is that you're not part of the most embarrassing fight of 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBX5wcZjJE

"Wait til I can breathe, pussy, you're gonna be done."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

chitoryu12 posted:

I own up to being a loving idiot here. I'm laughing so hard at my mistake that I'm crying right now.

I was going to poke at it but I was thinking that it was two separate ideas "Don't be an rear end in a top hat to deaf people. Also blind people would benefit from Braille."

But seriously it happens all the time. My Dad did special ed for 40 years, particularly mobility teaching for the blind. He'd get asked almost weekly if he knew ASL (he did, but unrelated).

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Flaggy posted:

The guy suing the school has the most punchable face.

Why do shitbag aspiring politicians always cultivate the same smile? He bears only a slight resemblance to a sycophantic wannabe bigshot I knew in university, but I can just see that shitlord's smug face in this guy's smile.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aerdan posted:

Wikileaks was responsible for him being in Russia in the first place; he was originally hiding out in Hong Kong, then WikiLeaks was like "OH BY THE WAY SNOWDEN'S IN HONG KONG LOL".

Ugh. Wikileaks needs to stop trying to be An Influential Group and go back to just serving as a safe platform. I follow them on twitter and they're loving insufferable at times.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Free market economics except if rich white people are losing because of it

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A punitive justice system is an effective deterrent as evidenced by the US's low crime rate and empty prisons.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Solice Kirsk posted:

Thought it was Phil Baroni for a moment and had found a completely new way to be disappointed in him.

He ain't the New Jersey Badass, so you don't need to worry bout ol' Phil.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Lemme just try and kick this stray dog...
https://gfycat.com/PoorEvilHapuka

:smugdog:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The menacing feral dogs are the perfect cherry to top up that poo poo sundae.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think we've mislabeled the "millennial" generation.

They should be known as the "I told u i was hardcore *dead*" generation.

Holy poo poo that was 14 years ago

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A well-applied blood choke can put someone to sleep in 6 seconds. Fight video looks fake not because of the choke but because a) the guy stays down and stiff way too long from the punch, and b) the attackers come one at a time like ninjas in an 80s movie.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

quote:

He repeatedly posted photos of naked, obese women.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

quote:

Hartlepool's residents are famously said to have hanged a monkey during the Napoleonic wars because they thought it was a French spy.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Did someone say nut shots?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwIz0Diu0kY

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Solice Kirsk posted:

Whats wrong with the peanut butter jelly one?

The jam goes directly onto the bread instead of onto a buffer layer of peanut butter, so it's going to soak into the bread and be all wet and gross, and then the bread is oriented incorrectly.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've been waiting for a chance to share this ongoing story in a thread. Some Indigenous people in Halifax staged a Canada day protest against the presence of a statue of Edward Cornwallis, who had founded the city but who also put up a scalp bounty to clear all of the Indigenous people from the region. It's understandable that they won't like him or his statue. Anyway, a bunch of "Proud Boys" turds showed up to harass the protesters, but they were military, and now the Canadian Forces are considering kicking them out:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/proud-boys-canadian-military-indigenous-protest-disrupted-1.4189615

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The only question a USA voting quiz needs is "Rodeos are cool true/false."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zaphod42 posted:

3 of 8 counts, maximum sentence of 20 years

Awwww yeah

:v: :thermidor:

:colbert:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gschmidl posted:

I have absolutely no idea what's happening here.

Old lady is brought to tears by gift of mobility scooter; immediately gets hit by a car

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh poo poo. I did some SE Asia touring this summer and at every airport the Chinese tourists were like really lovely locusts. For pretty much every queue - check in, boarding, food, even once at security - a group of Chinese tourists would come forward and try to swarm-cut to the front, just shouting and shoving boarding passes / money / passports into the face of whoever was working, pretending (?) to not understand when they were told to GET TO THE BACK OF THE loving LINE, obviously just hoping that they'd be told
"well since you're here you can just go first".

And then there was their kids.... :sigh:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I need something stronger than :stonk: for this

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I saw a dude in Shanghai get grief for a CAT5 splicing tool which had a 1cm sharp edge in it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

right click - > play speed - > slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mu Zeta posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/14/16308138/apple-safari-11-advertiser-groups-cookie-tracking-letter

:smug:

Advertisers are angry at Apple because Safari is going to block third party ad tracking. They are imposing a 24 hour limit on ads that follow you around the web, like when you buy shoes at Amazon and then ads keep showing you shoes in other websites. Apple is also blocking auto-play videos. Hopefully Google and others follow them.

“Blocking cookies in this manner will drive a wedge between brands and their customers, and it will make advertising more generic and less timely and useful,” - ad exec shitlord

I always find these kinds of targeted ads funny. I still have glasses ads floating around and my reaction is "you guys know that I just bought two pairs of glasses. That means that I don't loving need glasses anymore you stupid fucks."

But they're also creepy.