Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Still a disproportionate amount of shots hitting the woodwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Well there goes my LP idea. Thanks, Obama.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Never gotten the beta before, I assume that if i start a game in it I can just continue it in the full release next week, yeah?

Quite.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Is the UI less responsive for anyone else?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Bea Nanner posted:

I like this addition.

It is cool and good. I also noticed that when managers move clubs, they often take their coaching teams with them. Finally.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Lurgy posted:

Fernando is moving on up.

Adebayor got signed by FC Dallas in the Spring of 2016 in my save.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Humbaba posted:

So I may have just played 5 matches to test the new engine...

Dnipro 1-2 QPR
Everton 2-3 QPR
Norwich 2-1 QPR
QPR 6-3 Lech Poznan (This was bonkers. Went down 0-2 then scored 6 straight and gave up a third goal in the 88th minute.)
Spurs 1-1 QPR

3-1-1 is a drat sight better than what I've been seeing.

Patch fixed your lovely tactics. I can get behind that.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

If anyone is still looking to get the game pretty cheap, it's currently part of a Sega Humble Bundle. Right now you can get it, and 9 other games for under $7.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Masonity posted:

You get 66% off the game. Not the game itself.

Fair enough. Still pretty cheap.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Waroduce posted:

A crazy person did a thing - from Reddit

These are the ramblings of a mental patient.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Chickpea Roar posted:

This is fine.

That action zone graphic.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Masonity posted:

It's the new FM. We will all buy it even if the only improvement is a +1 to the title.

Please make this the thread title.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I gave the import your face thing a picture of Big Sam

I think it's actually much improved this year.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

I'm noticing a significant downtick in Offside calls. They even appear to be missing some. Had a goal scored against me a few days ago where the guy was offside by a good few yards.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

Why is it that every time I load my game half my regens have changed skin colour?

I'm more confused by my fake players save. Profile pic=bald white guy / 3D match=black guy with blond hair.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Stotty posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41966203

Kind of a sad story behind Champ Manager legend Tonton Zola Moukoko.

It's the greatest ever footballer name.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

I've reached the point where my team is successful and now I'm just looking for players with really weird skillsets and trying to find a tactic for them to succeed in, I've just signed a 6ft5 attacking midfielder and a 5ft5 keeper, to go with my center backs who are both under 6ft

This is amazing. I’m going to do an all ginger XI.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

FM11: 1842
FM12: 2062
FM13: 1022
FM14: 1064
FM15: 640
FM16: 393
FM17: 85
FM18: 439

Tbf to FM17, I was really super into SWTOR then.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Slotducks posted:

People with high hour counts: How do you play? Is it playing every single game? Do you vacation alot in game?
Lower League to excellence? etc etc

I play most games. There are a few that I'll "Instant Result", especially friendlies.

I believe there may be some correlation too with hours spent playing and number of leagues loaded in your save. Clearly, it takes a lot more time for me to advance the calendar one day with 20-30 different leagues loaded.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

bewbies posted:

special runner up to noted soccer star Nik Besagno cir 2005

I guess CM/FM wasn't quite as accurate with their attributes back then.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Weedle posted:

Well then maybe the board should stop jerking me around about the drat payroll

Is there FFP in the National?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

kingturnip posted:

I Instant Result most matches, so don't get a chance to notice, but we just had a female referee for a Friendly match

She’s hot.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

JadaX posted:

FML was their online attempt btw. Not sure how many goons tried it, it released back in 2009, and was sort of semi-active.

I actually enjoyed it a lot, but the issues with it were too many and too hard to overcome, and they shut it down.

I wish my old laptop hadn't crashed with pics of it, and I never saved them to steam. I still remember running a 433 (all AMs), and running Aguero in the middle. Top of the league easy. Then sold him for 3x 5* potential youth to another guy in a different league. I stopped playing I think end of 2010(ish) as I went off for Winter break in uni. When I came back a large chunk of the population had left since SI wasn't able to bring in any new players for long, the game was shut down mid 2011 I believe.

They made some highly unpopular decisions, the major one being they actually reset servers like 1+ year into it, so those of us who had been paying the sub since the start felt rightly screwed over. This was their attempt to try and bring in new blood, but ofc it failed, and they also started to lose a lot of the old player-base. They also were super late to implementing basic things we wanted (e.g. youth academies, more things to use skills on, better scouting etc.)

I played FML. I still hate myself for it.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

The number of blocked PKs in this Beta is making my hair hurt. Also, I've managed to take Coventry all the way to the end of January with only one Offside call and only 2 losses. So there's that, Miles.

sassassin posted:

Jordan Henderson's one of the top 10 defensive mids in the world.

Is he not?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

SirFozzie posted:

One of the nice quality of Life features is when you click a player to be substituted, it highlights the players who play that position, and the assistant puts an icon next to the person he recommends come on for him

This is good, especially when you don't have someone that is proficient in that position.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Has anyone seen vital stats for players (height, weight, etc)? They're not on the player information screen any more. (Though it could just be the skin)

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Mickolution posted:

I had Peter Beardsley on my coaching staff a few years ago and he failed every coaching course he went on. The reasoning became clear years later...

He's still taking loving courses at his age? He's been a coach for almost 20 years! :effort:

There are a handful of players that are already working on their Continental Pro when they retire from playing.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

I have so many questions about this screenie. I just don't know where to begin.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Just pretend it says Portsmouth everywhere! I used the create a club thing to replace them with my American Vanity Project Team, also releasing all of their players and starting with only 4 Americans and whoever I could sign on a free.

It's nothing if not convoluted.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Masonity posted:

He'd have even more, but Gareth Southgate kept playing Harry Kane ahead of him on reputation, while Tommy was outscoring and outplaying him. Given the way he was banging them in even super early in his career, he should have gone to Qatar as England's #9. Instead he stayed at home.

Peak England

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

Winter update is out.

Game still sucks.

code:
19.3.0 Changelist 

- Fully updated Winter Transfer Database (19.3.0 Database)
- Stability Fixes
- Fixed rare issue where some promises would incorrectly complete or cancel immediately after being made
- Happiness changes regarding players wanting new contract too frequently
- Travelling tweaks with regards to training schedules
- Fixed cases of certain facilities or youth levels not upgrading correctly
- Toned down the extent to which players pick up traits from methods outside of mentoring
- Tweaks to AI injury numbers
- Tweaks to training ratings
- Fixed case of FFP failure being reported incorrectly
- Continue Game Timeout fixes
- Various UI fixes

- Various competition and rule group fixes including (but not limited to):
- French Ligue 1 prize money corrected 
- English FA Cup 5th round replays scrapped from first season (18/19) 
- Belgium Home grown issues addressed 
- VAR changes for European competitions
- U23 only rule applied to Dutch Jong teams
- Danish leagues' substitutes rule corrected to "7 subs named, maximum 3 used" 
- Can now play players registered for Portuguese senior teams in B Team 2nd tier games 
- Italian title and relegation decider games being played simultaneously 
- Italian Serie B expanded to 20 teams from 19/20 season 
- Licensed Northern Ireland PIL fixtures corrected 
- Greek National B Division Maximum foreign player rules corrected 

- Various Match Engine (version 1930) tweaks including (but not limited to):

- Fixed bug with keeper reach on some high shots 
- Improved keeper reactions to free kick and penalty shots 
- Fixed rare instances of keepers picking up back passes or not reacting to them
- Fixed keeper controlling ball then never moving to pick it up or kick it 
- Removed a restriction on striker and creative attackers offering out ball 
- Fixed incorrect offside example 
- Fixed couple of issues related to VAR 
- Adjusted attacking player marking when preventing GK distribution at goal kicks 
- Adjusted marking of players coming short for throw-ins 
- Fixed instances of central midfielders bunching close to ball 
- Made players cross slightly earlier when possible 
- Slight encouragement to pass ball forward more when optimal 
- Fixed issue where player marking edge of area at set piece doesn't always engage ball player who receives it outside area
- Fine-tuned shot and pass accuracy

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

Just had my transfer budget raised from £11m to £42m.

I'm still in the Championship. Game's gone mad.

Spend it all on a DM to balance it out.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

mrnoun posted:

His name is Sherif, so mostly he gets shot, though his striking partner is generally spared.

:dadjoke:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

And in "Things you thought could only happen in FM" news:

Not FM posted:

NORWAY U20 12-0 HONDURAS U20

What makes the result all the more astonishing is the fact Erling Braut Haland - the son of former Manchester City defender Alf-Inge Haland - helped himself to a triple hat trick.

It's not everyday you scores nine goals in a single match and with only one coming from the penalty spot, while the trio of Leo Skiri Ostigard, Jens Huage and Eman Markovic also scored.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Drone posted:

Just hit the end of my fourth season managing Boston Utd in FM16. Massively overperformed in the Conference National, we ended in 3rd. First game of the playoffs is against Ebbsfleet. In the 9th minute of the game, one of my strikers is charging through the opponent's half without any cover whatsoever, it's looking like a fantastic goal opportunity. Ebbsfleet's goalkeeper, clearly extremely tilted by this, decides to charge directly at my striker... and fouls him.

tl;dr my opponent's GK just got a red card 9 minutes into my first playoff game. I've never seen a GK get a red card before. This is gonna be good.

Edit: not only did their GK get a red card, but their backup GK picked up a yellow. Hell yeah.

4th Season and you're still in the Conference? It's your tactics, mate.

Isn't FM16 the one that issued an unusual amount of reds to keepers for handling the ball outside of the box?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Masonity posted:

I don't get that as we're rolling in money, but the board and fans get a little stroppy every time I sell a 19-23 year old who looked like a world beater when I bought them but never progressed enough. He's 8th choice striker and we're getting 60 million for him after four years of loans. He cost us a packet of fags from an outer Mongolian league. Why are you so disappointed to see him go? Maybe trust the guy who's made well over a billion in transfer profit while building a team that wins basically every trophy every year?

If the supporters don’t whine about something, they’re not doing their jobs.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

its fm19 but you can argue with fans on social media

:getin:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Azhais posted:

I just want it to use https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/ for regen faces

That would be amazing. I would love to have a wonderkid that looked like an 11 year old inuit girl with too much lipstick on. Where the gently caress did she even get whore red lipstick?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Karl Sharks posted:

What the gently caress is this post lol

Clearly you didn't click through some of the randomly generated faces on that website.

Edit: Nightmare fuel - Future Ballon d'Or winners

XBenedict fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Sortitoutsi is running a Special Pre-order that includes FM20 and FM20 Touch for $43.95.