Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

bloodychill posted:

halloween heresy

good ol' HH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Instant Sunrise posted:

since it's already november, what video games are you thankful for this year?

mario kart wii, multiple hours of joy with friends

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I wanted it to be duck game but my friends are dirty casuals

program666
Aug 22, 2013

something posted:

Does anyone here like Rhythm Games? I like Rhythm Games.

I don't like them too much, except for patapon that is stellar

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I wonder if Square-Enix is regretting their life right now. Who here forgot Rise of the Tomb Raider comes out tomorrow? Between the release date and being Xbox One exclusive, it's getting very little attention. I've seen zero mention of the game for weeks now.

I have to wonder how much better it would fare if it was a PS4 exclusive since it's a so much better platform in every way.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

axleblaze posted:

Seriously?

lol

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I really hope this anti-anime stuff is some meme I don't get because I don't know its origin or something

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, there is so much great stuff that comes out of japan, like ghost in the shell, probably one of the best sci-fi anything I've ever seen

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I get it when people complain about hentai croped avatars, but just disregarding japanese stuff overall is really really weird, like what the hell would embarrass you in MGSV that is worse than whatever episode of Banshee or Game of thrones have?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Jon Do posted:

worse than broadcast television is today in America

lol

tuyop posted:

It's embarrassing because someone seeing me watching this poo poo would think I'm a mental adolescent who believes humans interact that way. It's kind of like listening to Beastie Boys in your car. poo poo's just embarrassing.

lol
but maybe it's just the case that you don't like or don't get Japanese humor

program666
Aug 22, 2013

tuyop posted:

Can you take a shot at explaining it to me?
I think I vaguely remember a time when japanese humor and the over the top stuff seemed strange to me, but this time has long past, I don't think you can explain it, but you can get used to it maybe. People said peace walker was more anime than mgs5? I really can't remember a single instance of feeling like the game was obviously japanese, maybe I even didn't know it was a japanese game at the time, the cheap sci-fi just felt like normal video game storytelling.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

VideoGames posted:

as gamers i feel this november we are very blessed.

I agree with videogames

program666
Aug 22, 2013

this november I'll be alternating between fallout 1 and carmageddon rebirth

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Oh so there are no skills then? I vaguely recall reading something about it a long time ago, but people never talk about it for some reason and it's weird because I feel like this is a big deal. How are the other stuff that depends on skills balanced now? I'm guessing you can't just be awesome at aiming and lockpicking and hacking all at once since the beginning.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

it does sound much better, I aways felt like all the granularity gurps and some other rpgs offer are unnecessary and modifying an attack into a AOE sounds like the best thing ever

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Nasgate posted:

I like it because for things like lockpicking it was loving stupid you couldn't pick a hard lock if you had 74 skill points instead of 75

lockpicking on older fallouts didn't have this limitation I think, you would be able to pick anything if you're lucky enough, but you could also jam the lock and be locked out of content forever which I think is a much better system than what we had in fo3 and nv.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Alain Post posted:

In practice everyone just savescummed though

yeah but that's easily avoidable by having a game mode that saves all the time, or just not cheating. But randomly locking people out of content forever is something that I feel would only work on a rpg where the whole world is procedurally generated or something, since it would most of the time break the balancing of a normally designed game.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Nasgate posted:

You're thinking of Skyrim/Oblivion. Maybe fo3? New Vegas definitely prevented you from lockpicking, and both NV and 3 prevented you from hacking.

I was talking about fo1 and 2

program666
Aug 22, 2013

this year brought me a playable carmageddon reincarnation :woot:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

the camera in revegence is really bad but it's mostly because of the flying enemies

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

how the gently caress do you frame "they took all the pointless crafting and worthless junk in the previous games and made it less pointless and more fun" as a problem with the game?

you're responding to two posts that were talking about something that was addressed a few posts before, and since they didn't took those posts into consideration while responding their are either not really reading the thread or just flat out trolling.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

there is a pretty detailed review made by totalbiscuit but I think his impression on the title overall was good

program666
Aug 22, 2013

oh gee a processor at 4.4 beats one at 3.9? what wizardry is this? The second and third entries in this table are a bit misleading

program666
Aug 22, 2013

awesome, I should probably play dragon quest 8 some day

program666
Aug 22, 2013

raditts posted:

You should, it's good if you like anything about Dragon Quest games. Before that one the only ones I'd played were the first two on NES years ago.

I don't usually like anything about classic rpg mechanics like roaming around an overview map with random encounters, but people talk so much about 8 that I feel like I should probably play that at some point

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

i think they made all enemies visible on map in the 3ds version.

I only used that mechanic as a example but there is so much more. Mana Khemia is a similar game (to something like ff7) but every mechanic is so much better in pretty much every way, the addition of quick button presses on the turn based combat is probably my favorite thing.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

Help I feel like 99% of games are boring as gently caress lately. The only game on the horizon that I'm positive I'll have a ton of fun with is Just Cause 3. I sort of enjoyed Arkham Knight and MGSV but ended up not finishing either because by the end they both became too tedious and repetitive. What am I missing.

Go try crazy poo poo out of your comfort zone like a space sim or a roguelike

program666
Aug 22, 2013

my hype only goes up to "cautiously optimistic". I mean the greatest games ever are only published by awfully unreliable developers like egosoft, whoever does mount and blade and capcom

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, capcom games are way more polished of course but they only put monster hunter on platforms I don't own :(

program666
Aug 22, 2013

theultimo posted:

Got a PC?

There is a pay to win mmo....

the best experience on pc is with ppsspp and finding a community for you to play with, I found a local one with the lowest pings and it plays brilliantly

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder how well would I be able to play the 3ds version, considering most people playing it online are most certainly not from near me since I live in a starving 3rd world country, they would most likely go for the filez solution, so maybe ppsspp is actually my best option forever

program666
Aug 22, 2013

theultimo posted:

I know America is now a third world country, but Japanese and US play pretty well imo in 4U
you don't say?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Electric Lady posted:

P3rd is your best bet since Tri is actually missing several classes of weapons (gunlances are missing entirely for example). Also it's the only one where they did bowguns in a weird way where you build them out of several pieces.

e: did not see edit my mistake

Yeah, I'm aware of it, I played 1000 hours if you combine my mhfu and mhp3rd saves, I've been playing since the time it was only possible to play monhun online decently with an actual psp, xlink kay and a usb wireless card

program666
Aug 22, 2013

axleblaze posted:

I'm playing Bloodborne, Sonic Lost World, Dragon Quest Heroes, Pirate Warriors 3, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Mario Maker and Persona 3 Portable. Also Xenoblade and EDF come out in a few weeks.

I think I might need to slow down a bit...

have you played the others warriors games? how does pirate warriors 3 compare?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

axleblaze posted:

In terms of pure Musou games I think it's pretty much the best there is. It lacks the more natural level design of HW but the combat is deeper and pretty much every character is fun and interesting. It also runs pretty smooth and had tons of enemies on screen even in split screen. If you're not familiar with the source. The game retells almost the entire series so far and there is a crap ton of stuff to do after you beat story mode. I've been playing it weekly with a friend since it came out and there is still a lot to do.

I absolutely love one piece, I was just worried if the gameplay was at least serviceable. Thanks.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

axleblaze posted:

If you love OP, you'll be in heaven, if only because you'll get to play Ivankov, which is all you should care about

hell yeah, I watched a bit of the trailers and saw that there was a lot of stuff in the game

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I goddamn loving love dissidia

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

Ignore lists are cool and good and using them is infinitely less spergy than maintaining an encyclopedic knowledge of whether or not every poster worth listening to.

why are you against fun

program666
Aug 22, 2013

the thrill of typing a wall of text and almost clicking the "Submit Reply" button but realizing you were responding to a ttr a split second before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

carmageddon reincarnation is a really fun game. I feel like changing a bunch of stuff on the gameplay (stuff that I doubt will be possible to do with mods), but as it is it's a big step up from carma 2 and that's all I expected.

• Locked thread