Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Yowzerz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I think the feeling I have rn is like what patriots feel when they play the Star Spangled Banner at football games.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Well it's not Something Wonderful I guess

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Does anyone remember the quote from the Pele/Oddjob saga where someone, pleading with Oddjob to reconsider his choices, describes Pele's rear end hole. The part I remember is calling the little rolled up bits of toilet paper "GI Joe joints".

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

For fun, I'm going to recount the story as I remember it.

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

There we go. I forgot that she made her reputation by posting a thread inviting anybody in Seattle to have sex with her. Apparently Lowtax was involved at some point too. This was a different place in those days. Anyway, this is the quote I was looking for...

Wait lol this is all the same goon recounting the days of old.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

SA mods being weird maniacs is a proud tradition and I'm glad to see it carry on into the Jeffery era.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Friend posted:

Please for fucks sake just make a "PYF bans" thread, these aren't funny quotes, I don't get why you think they are amusing

Kenning posted:

gently caress off, ban archaeology is a reputable field of study.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Lobok posted:

I mean, they do in the middle. Rhyming can apply for any syllable or part of the pronunciation. Alliteration is a form of rhyming that just has its own special name.

It's called "assonance".

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

This is incredibly honorable.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

It's deerly good she bucked into some hoofy after her antlercent and the venison agency chose to cervus her CERVINE ADENOVIRUS (ODOCOILEUS ADENOVIRUS 1).

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Taeke posted:

These were 4mg tablets and apparently in the US 10s of mg tablets are routinely prescribed just to take home with you and take as needed? loving insane

Not any more they aren't. The extremely poor management of the opioid crisis has meant that a) lots of people were harmed by opioid abuse and b) lots of people are now unable to access effective pain management.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

EorayMel posted:

Banned for homeloan

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

I don't think I can post this in the form of a meme but sodium citrate isn't just for cheese, anything you make that is a mixture of polar and non polar ingredients that you want to mix smoothly and not separate benefits from a teaspoon of the stuff. If you don't want the oil to separate out of a curry, pasta sauce, stew or whatever it's like magic.

Lobok posted:

*silently sobbing, sprinkling sodium citrate on mom & dad while they sleep after they fought again*

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Chintu did Lowtax.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

My dude homers odyssey 37 had to autoban 4 times before it finally stuck lmao

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Holy lol.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Kramer says, "It's the Third Intifada, Jerry."

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Mushika posted:

Biplane posted:

Netflix made Squid Game, Mr beast made his own tone deaf squid game series, now Netflix is making a knockoff mr beast squid game reality show. Get me off this terrible ride please.

I have no idea what any part of this sentence means.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Mr. Beast isn't worth knowing about. Don't waste the brain cells on him.

Thank you.

Karate Bastard posted:

Do you hold other detrimental knowledge to compensate and if so could you please share?

Mushika posted:

Traditional Zoroastrian burials in Towers of Silence are nearly impossible today in India because of the virtual extirpation of vultures due to the feeding of cattle the drug Diclofenac, which is poisonous to the vultures who feed on and dispose of their carcasses.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Laserjet 4P posted:

yeah thanks now you made me remember it too

Oh man it's been a couple years since I've revisted that old chestnut. Goes down real smooth after all these years.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

lollin' @ "world heritage shitpost"

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Lazy_Liberal posted:

okay i know we're moving on but lol

dialhforhero posted:

Ein Coke, Ein Sprite, Ein Fanta.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

lol

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

selec posted:

Have a friend who wears socks indoors but hates the feeling of socks above his ankles, but also buys long socks, so when he’s just hanging around his house he pulls them down and tucks the toes of the sock over his foot back into the tube part at his ankle

Scratch Monkey posted:

I'm not even sure what this means but your friend is a degenerate.

Pookah posted:

Quick mock-up of this guy's bizarre sock situation

GreenMetalSun posted:

i cant believe you made me look at this with my eyes

Pookah posted:

I figured that if I had to visualize it, I'm going to spread the suffering far and wide

selec posted:

Yeah this is accurate. I’ve known him since 1995 so I’m used to it by now

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Splicer posted:

The oldest known mirrors were made of polished obsidian. Modern mirrors are generally manufactured by distributing a highly reflective material on the back of a piece of glass, with the glass providing protection to the delicate backing and also the smooth back surface of the glass forcing the reflective coating into a smooth, optimally reflective shape. A downside of this is they will often feature "ghost" reflections: a faint reflection from the surface of the glass, and the main reflection from the interaction of the remaining light with the reflective backing. This is a bit of a catch 22; the clearer your glass the more light passes through to the reflective coating, but also the clearer your glass the more reflective the surface, and the more obvious the ghost image. In situations where ghost images are a serious issue "front surface mirrors" are used, where the reflective coating is placed on the facing side of the support material. These not only avoid ghost images, but are more accurate due to the light not refracting* through an additional medium before hitting the main reflection medium. They are, however, far more vulnerable to damage, and also far more difficult to manufacture.

*reflection and refraction are closely linked but beyond the scope of this post

There are two types of reflection. Specular reflection, which is what most people think of when they hear or see the word reflection, where the waves are reflected uniformly, and diffuse reflection, where they're scattered. In general the smoother the surface the more specular the reflection, for what should hopefully be obvious reasons. Window glass has a similar catch 22 to mirror glass; the smoother it is the less distorted the image, but the more reflective. The easiest way to prevent reflections on glass is to place all the light sources on the opposite side to you. This is part of why you can't see into windows well during the day or out of windows at night, and why you shouldn't turn on your internal car light while driving in poor visibility; as well as your eyesight adapting to the much brighter light in your immediate surroundings, the light reflecting off your side of the glass interferes with the minimal light (i.e. the light reflected by the objects you're trying to look at) traveling from the other.

You can create a crude mirror by leveraging rather than fighting the reflective properties of glass. Preventing light from traveling from the back by using a highly absorbent material will remove most of the interference obscuring the "ghost" image described above. A white material will obscure your image because white doesn't absorb many wavelengths. Much of the light will be scattered back in a diffuse manner, reducing the relative intensity of your ghost image. A dark material will absorb most of the light, meaning no interference, effectively turning your glass into a front surface mirror, with the surface being the glass itself.

Which brings us back to obsidian. Polishing the (already famously smooth) obsidian creates a reflective surface similar to that of glass, and any unreflected light is immediately absorbed by the (famously dark) obsidian. The oldest mirrors were not just front surface mirrors, but arguably just "surface mirrors".

So if you would like to laugh at a very old joke, turn off your monitor

Enjoy the quote color goon, this is top notch.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Something Awful needed its years under the Bloody Code to develop into the beautiful utopia where bearded IT dads post in peace alongside anarcho-syndicalist trans furries.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Dameius posted:

As a refined masticator I only eat elemental Phosphorus, Uranium, two portions of Silicone, and Yttrium.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Bro that's PUSiSiY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Actual IRL lol.