Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Smirr posted:

Chairman Yang: It is every citizen's final duty to go into the stonks, and become one with all the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

NihilCredo posted:

STOP DOING NETWORKING

- COMPUTERS WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LINKED
- YEARS OF PROTOCOLS yet NO REAL-WORLD USE FOUND for typing further than your FINGERS
- Wanted to go farther anyway for a laugh? We had a tool for that: It was called YELLING
- "Yes please browse aych tee tee pee rear end gooogol dot kom. Please upload a PICTURE OF MY DICK" - Statements dreamed up by the utterly Deranged

LOOK at what Computer """"""Scientists""""" have been demanding your Respect for all this time, with all the cables and satellites we built for them
(This is REAL Networking, done by REAL Computer Scientists):

????
????
????

"Hello I would like https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Honeycrisp-Apple-by-FruitShare/dp/B06WW2YGSJ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=apples&qid=1626366177&sr=8-1 please"

They have played us for absolute fools

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Cowman posted:

lovely phone pics and it's only after I hosed it but here's the leftover 'za monster

I had the cheese one and it was surprisingly decent. It royally hosed me up tho I'm going into a food coma

Armitag3 posted:

They look like crime scene photos

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's funny, yes, but only because I don't have to work with that code.

I would absolutely autodefenestrate if I had to work in that codebase.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

:popeye:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeStephenson96/status/1459818049914212355?s=20

Replace the current Windsor lot with the entire Attitude Era WWF roster tbqh

Jedit posted:

HHH instead of HRH. Prince Andrew keeps his job but is now billed as The Under-18 Taker.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I had packets of 800mg Paracetamol pills when I was a child. In retrospect, that seemes rather suspect.

Nowadays, taking Ibuprofen and Pracetamol at smaller doses even beats out triptanes for me :eng101:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

aphid_licker posted:

Someone make a Löss edit so I don't have to

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Dareon posted:

Early science when it was still called natural philosophy was a wild time.

Like "vivisect a dog and hand-pump its lungs to see how long it can stay alive and scream" wild. :ohdear:

I learned that from a series of books.

A lot of the outlandish stuff in the Baroque Cycle isn't Neal Stephenson making poo poo up, it's Neal Stephenson showing off research. Which is :psyduck:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's a great copypasta and I love seeing it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Snowy posted:

My big takeaway from this war is that I should probably try playing Arma 3

ethanol posted:

It’s much less fun than it looks and the community is cringe, who want to speak in military code and say things like roger and copy that and make clans with their military ranks and poo poo. Honestly it’s insufferable.

Deviant posted:

counterpoint: if the goons find out you've never played before, they'll make you be commander just to watch everything spiral hilariously out of control

Quorum posted:

I didn't realize that the Russian invasion was a goon project, but in retrospect it only makes sense

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

rjmccall posted:

every time someone writes a clever thing that Just Works Without Any Code by using intense amounts of reflection it ends up being vulnerable to a million things like this by default which all have to specially patched out, and yet you will never convince anyone that this is a bad way of writing software

like yes this should definitely not expose the class but really it should only expose things that opt in to being exposed (and ideally opt in for each specific purpose) and at that point maybe you’re not really getting as much from reflection as you originally dreamed and maybe clients should just be calling into a specifically planned interface

Amethyst posted:

Maybe reflection is a bad idea in general

Quackles posted:

I still don't understand what reflection is.

brains posted:

turn your monitor off

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

sebmojo posted:

post the cocks

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

During the flight I smiled to myself when I realized the Deck has allowed me to join an elite and rare group: People who have played (emulated) Bomberman for the Sega Saturn on an airplane. lol.

Vic posted:

Yes but that's mainly because emulating bombermen on airplanes has been highly frowned upon

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I do chuckle a bit when I see other DeviantArt thread avatars around the forums.

"They don't know how hosed-up the full picture is"

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

In the #blessed pictures thread

sigher posted:

This is gorgeous.

nexous posted:

Turn on your monitor

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

There's a .eps joke in there somewhere.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Just use a Pedalo, like a normal person

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I guess it's gauche to post your own post, so I'm going to do that for you.

Splicer posted:

Mistake: pussybombing the PYF Comics thread
Punishment: sixer, good natured ribbing, mild hero status

Mistake: bad posting
Punishment: death

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Incredible.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Karate Bastard posted:

About Marge being the hottest mom on earth

:aaaaa:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

M'orphine.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The standard in Germany for wisdom teeth extraction is local anaesthetic during and ibuprofen after. Mine were horizontal and extraction was pretty violent, but 800mg ibuprofen on the first day and a few 400mg the next day were fine. I was instructed to come back if the pain didn't let me sleep or was otherwise too much.

All in all 5/7, would… not do this again, tyvm, even if I got to spend a week on the couch instead of at work…

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

There's a surprisingly large section of Christians who reject Vatican II as well, especially in the USA, it seems.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

preganté!

Dammit that stupid video immediately resurfaces when I read the word "pregnant", I just can't help it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

fun hater making a good post is a sure sign of the coming apocalypse.

Repent. Or don't, won't matter soon anyway.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Kazinsal posted:

I decided to lick some sodium hydroxide and also a nine volt right next to each other with a quick rinse between the two. The flavour is definitely the same.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I'm not ready for the loss of such a good joke.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I should bake some Stollen.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

rotor posted:

i still think "ok well it turns out Trump is a goldwater republican" was really funny

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

Attention! Women are not objects!

I said, women aren't just things, they're people!

*taps woman's head* Is this thing on?

Without clicking on the link, guess context and thread.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Sagebrush posted:

Where's that picture of the goon meet (?) with the fat balding goon in a too-small My Little Pony t-shirt and the girl cowering in the corner

post hole digger posted:

in the photos app, if you go to albums > people, pets, and places, then tap people & pets and find your face, tapping on it should bring up all of the photos your phone has identified you in.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

George H.W. oval office posted:

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at the Senior Admin and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another Sys Admin, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a project management freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Agile to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at Stand Up, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Agile KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!
So Senior Admin, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Stand Up. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Stand Up. See Senior, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Stand Up.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

the sex ghost posted:

Wild to see someone just going 'no no please don't misunderstand me, I want to be allowed to declare war on every human being living in Gaza' with a funny cartoon man

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Boooooo

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Main Paineframe posted:

given Elon's feelings about divorce and ex-wives, if he knew about SA at all he'd probably think SA went downhill when we kicked out Lowtax

Tesseraction posted:

buddy he thought SA went downhill in the early 90s

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

The future of the internet is a tf2 casual server

So what's the Internet equivalent of Uncletopia?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Philippe posted:

Yeah, real men bring a bripe.

This is correct. The most erudite way of being a coffee nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I guess it's good nobody would ever ask me for wedding song suggestions. Otoh, it would be very funny. Looking at my Fvneral Fvkk LP.

What's the worst The Police song you could play at a wedding? Roxanne?