Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Let's just centralize all health care services to Oulu, one great mega hospital in the middle of the country.

Actually, put everything in Kempele, I don't want to favor people from Oulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Rexroom posted:

So, you're going to vote for SDP?

Heating your sauna is essentially murder, because burning wood causes particulate emissions, which kill 30 people every year

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Rexroom posted:

Jolla is in trouble. Finland is not getting another Nokia. :(

Meh.

Too bad for the people employed there, but it was no surprise.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Same goes for Rovio, btw. They hired a shitload of people, but didn't really seem to be able to get anything interesting out, just angrier birds.

The trailer for the animated film looked a lot better than I expected, though.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

doverhog posted:

Also Jolla was basically directly competing with android and someone actually thought that was gonna work?

Yeah, you can root your Android phone to do any nerdy bullshit you would ever want. If you want the opposite, a very controlled ecosystem, you have Apple. And if you're a Finn, you will buy a Lumia phone because they used to make them in Finland.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Rexroom posted:

Some of the tortures there are downright inhumane.

Describe to me humane torture.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
No kinkshaming please, it triggers me.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Nenonen posted:

Our government is so resolute.

My prediction: all black people are to be banished to Africa. Then 24h later the decision is reversed.

It will be something stupid like this. Making Big Decisions and making a big show of it, then a week later Sipilä will hear that it's impossible/it's against the constitution/there are huge protests and will back down.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Puistokemisti posted:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1448347040652.html
Is this real? Am I trapped in fever dream? What is even real anymore? Why am I pining for the return of the previous hallitus?

Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide (A.K.A. Jytky)

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

DanTheFryingPan posted:

Now there are rumors that the rape victim is a relative of Sipilä.

Probably. And there are probably rumors that the suspects are relatives of Stubb.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
If not, let's start one now:

My uncle, who works for the border guard, heard from a coworker that the suspects are relatives of Stubb.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Not everyone is playing 11-dimensional chess and have the opponent right where they want them. Sometimes people in power are just incompetent.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Jerry Cotton posted:

Some aide burt into the hall during a phonetics lecture, announcing that "the minister of education will be arriving in fifteen minutes so could you shitlords wrap things up and scram lol" and the professor threw them out because "the minister's name isn't on the lecture hall reservation and you're disturbing my work". Why is a publicly-funded institute of higher education allowing a political lecture on its premises anyway?

...that professor was a marine named Albert Einstein.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Rexroom posted:

For some reason Twitter recommends me out-in-public NC party card members to follow. To my dorky gaming account. The hell's with that?

Maybe they already have many Finnish followers

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

RIP Jytky

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Rappaport posted:

There isn't a LOL big enough:

Herra paratkoon että valtakunnan klovnin päälle heitetään limua!

I think this is perfectly acceptable. The soda thrower knew that this is a possibility and Stubb is well within his rights to press charges. Just take whatever slap on the wrist you get from the courts like an adult.

I would much rather have the slope be slippery in the direction where people get sued for spilling soda on politicians' face rather than the direction where politicians are get rocks thrown at them because suing people is for pussies. Or not being able to come less than 10 meters from a politician before a large security guard pins you on the ground.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
So who else has heard the term "matu" IRL and without irony?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Well, the forecast says tomorrow's weather will be extremely lovely, so nobody with only a casual interest is going to go to the march or the counter protest.

Should be interesting.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

doverhog posted:

The essential Christmas dish is kinkku and mustard. All the rest of it is kinda superfluous.

Also salmiakki is not tar. Tar candy is good too though so suck it swedes.

I don't like Christmas ham because I'm not a peasant living in constant cripping poverty who only gets to eat his fill once per year.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Both salmiac and tar candy owns, though

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Jerry Cotton posted:

The point of Jouluham as I see it is that it keeps well so you can eat it all through the holiday because gently caress cooking on the second Christmas day when you can just carve a slab of ham onto a slice of Joululimppu and eat it while wondering whether or not you'll survive until Closingiainen.

I could do that, or I could slap something actually good on my limppu.

Of course I eat a slice of two whenever I'm visiting somewhere where it's available, but I sure as hell am not going to buy and prepare one myself.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Mulli posted:

Lots of ex Lucia neitos itt

Text me ;-*

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

konna posted:

The point is that they are doing an article on the couple with the topic that "these people don't fight about money." Hardly an achievement (or suitable target couple for the topic) when you have plenty of disposable income.

Hey, it's like all those well-to-do people who recommend "downshifting" and taking a year off work to go backpacking across the globe.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

doverhog posted:

If you got the money for it it's good advice really. Use your coins don't hoard them like an evil dragon.

For sure if you can afford it, because work sucks.

But many people would not survive even a couple of months with no income and will have severe difficulties even with lowered income.

Downshifting is something only well off people can do.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
I was shocked at how good Iron sky actually was. Also to a lesser extent Rare Exports

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Darkest Auer posted:

Kun minä olin intissä ni meil oli siel yks vääpeli jol oli tosi kova ääni

Joo sama ja se taaksepoistutti varusmiehiä sukset jalassa polkupyörien kanssa kasarmin katolta alas järveen.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Darkest Auer posted:

And the religious indoctrination that perpetuates those literal centuries of war will of course magically go away once they reach a Western suvakkila.

The refugees are mortal people, if they have been indoctrinated, it is decades at most. And unless they intend to live their live in a barrel, they or their children will start to get "counter indoctrinated" as soon as they start interacting with people not of their faith.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Nenonen posted:

still I'm moved by this quote, there is something very :finland: about the best news in many years being that a sudden crazy move by a crazy minister is withdrawn :unsmith:

Yeah, i "heh'd" at that too

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

throw to first drat IT posted:

You guys love memes and polandball? I'll post this anyway.

Same

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

quote:

Facepalm tulee alun perin Star Trek: The Next Generation -sarjan legendaarisesta kapteeni Jean-Luc Picardista

Voi kristuksen vittu.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

:toot:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Like, aren't current teens and 20-somethings drinking significanly less than older generations did at the same age?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maybe the truth is in the middle and you should throw Molotov cocktails half-way towards companies owned and/or operated by non-white people?

The truth is always in the middle for me, a reasonable centrist. So yes.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Kemper Boyd posted:

(in that they can never tell anyone they're racism because racism is bad)

The platonic ideal of racism is bad, but no action taken by us imperfect humans can ever be racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Hogge Wild posted:

1: Sorbuksen Ritarit

:kiss: