Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Going to watch the poo poo out of this movie, the main character is Ragnar Lothbrok from vikings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The MSJ posted:

Thank you cartoons and toys for creating a generation of people with transformation fetish, among others.

You know how kick rear end it would be to be a shark man?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lurdiak posted:

It's more like the plot of the really bad novels of the first game.

This is the most correct, warcraft really didn't have a story when it was released. And the campaign's were identical except you change sides. I think all the units were the same also. They didnt start to get different units intill warcraft 2.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Looking forward to thing because it stars Ragnar from Vikings and its doing the Warcraft 1 story before it became about space paladins.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Corek posted:

Blizzard never patched any of that. Heads and claws and feet and scarves were never 100% drops in vanilla Warcraft back in 2005, no matter who important or logical that may seem.

I cant tell you how many spiders I killed that had no legs or eyes.

And in there was this one quest in feraolas(?) on alliance side that took literally 8 hours to gather for.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

mr. stefan posted:

MGSV actually gets insanely creative in its cutscenes and uses the 'camera' in ways that a live action film could never replicate without extensive CGI, with extensive oners and settings morphing from one to another seamlessly to depict this insane, cyberpunk war hellscape

MGSV sucks balls. The game is so boring and the story is dumb as poo poo too. The bad guy trained viruses to only kill people who speak English. He actually wanted to kill everyone who spoke words to KILL LANGUAGE! What would the world be like with out language?

Not to mention but snake basically never loving talks in the game. The entire story it told through the radio on the helicopter while it is landing. Everyone must hate snake too, if they do want to talk to him they make a cassette tape snake can listen to them while inside the helicopter up in the clouds somewhere. Its like gently caress that guy who is the leader he has to be away when he listens to that recorded message I left him.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 27, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bullet3 posted:

I hope Kojima finally gets a chance to write/direct a movie at some point, so the world realizes that he's a laughably atrocious storyteller.
If you put any 10 minute stretch of dialogue from one of his games in a movie it would get laughed out of theaters and he'd never work again.

I heard he had a guy that helped him with MGS 1-3 then left for MGS4 even though it turned out awesome.

MGSV just plays like a like lovely PSP games and the story was really not needed. Revengance is my true sequel to MGS4.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The whole draw to MGS games is that they're stupid as gently caress. Repeating plot details to other people doesn't really withstand a laugh test.

MGS 1-4 were pretty drat good games and good plots.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The stealth really took a hit in MGSV because you can just waste a base so easy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MisterBibs posted:

That's the core of why a Warcraft movie like this is stupid: the story the audience likes has already been done in the cinematics and in-game conversations. Why reinvent the wheel with a Warcraft (or Diablo, or Starcraft) Movie, when someone has probably already stitched together all the cinematics and put it on YouTube?

Warcraft 1 had no cinematics.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yes it's when any of my friends actually bothered to play it. We all tried out the launch game it bored everyone so much that I was the only one who bothered finishing it, and by borrowing a friend's battlenet account at that. The gameplay was that loving bad. Then when they finally made Diablo 3 into a decent game we all actually bought it and played for most of the season.

You do realize that the most played version of Warcraft 3 by far was Dota right? An explicitly plotless multiplayer game. DotA games were significantly more popular than the base game. Hence how it was able to spawn an entire genre. A genre which includes the currently most played, non-mobile, game on earth.

Wow still has it beat.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Helsing posted:

Now that I think about it Diablo I's backstory was about a corrupt king unleashing an ancient evil.

:psyduck:

Is there a single Blizzard game that isn't about corruption?

Overwatch.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If you wanna talk about corruption, look at some warhammer stuff. Space Marines just can't shut up about it!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CJ posted:

HES NOT MY STORMWIND ARMY COMMANDER IN A TIME OF WAR!

Wow, chill out man.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Thing is lvling to max lvl now takes basically no time and there is tons of areas you would almost never see now unless you went looking.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Macaluso posted:

So aside from the literal Thrall Moses thing that I still honestly can't believe they did

Blizzard has been saving that from the failed cancelled adventure game, FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The movie to World of Warcraft lore was just a treat, but the movie is a huge mess.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pyrotoad posted:

Going to see this on Monday; I only started playing with Cataclysm so all this RTS era stuff is new to me. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking based off what's been put out already but I think I'll enjoy it regardless. Someone mentioned a Grom cameo, what happens there?

Grom is on the screen for like 5 seconds you can tell by his axe. I don't know why to spoiler it as he has no dialog.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MrFlibble posted:

Warcrafts narrative makes total sense. So Medivh visits an alien world and meets Garonas mother. But theres this weird dude named Guldan practicing evil magic, which Medivh decides to investigate. Guldan literally kills the orcs homeworld and suddenly the orcs are desperate. Medivh, having been corrupted by the evil magic helps Guldan find azeroth. Guldan tells the orcs about the new world and they invade. Everything else in the movie is played out in front of you.

Unless they change it Guldan is not the one who destroyed their world. As what is said in the movie he had help from one of fire and ash. This character is from Warcraft 3.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Vintersorg posted:

Also, I was surprised Moroes was a helper as in the game he's a dual wielding dagger kinda guy. :3: I thought it was Aran at first too.

Don't worry he'll be back to be a raid boss.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MrFlibble posted:

One of my favourite scenes in the film is the final duel. Lothar shows up and sees that everything is hosed but tries to grab his kings body. I thought that was the ending but no he gets dragged down and put into the sacred combat. My brains thinking theres no way he can get out of this, whats the point? But then his sons killer charges and well, Lothar gets revenge at least. But of course the Orcs respect the result. Its so loving cheesy, Lothar walking down the line of orcs saluting him while Guldan rages, its great.

That and the little scene after the ending.

Dude its rude to attack people who just finish duels. Haven't you play wow?

You saw them throw down the duel flag!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
All the overhead shots showed the zones so good.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Phylodox posted:

How many sequels until we get Tauren?

Gotta go warcraft 2, warcraft 3 human side, and warcraft 3 undead side. Then the orcs meet taurens. Maybe they could mash it all into a single movie?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It says production costs were $160 million. I think they made it back already.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

porfiria posted:

Opportunity cost is the big thing here; it's why studios don't just try to make Paranormal Activity forever (x10,000 budget multiplier!) There's only so much advertising to go around and there are only so many screens.

Also LOL at Computer Parts doing his contrarian BS with someone who actually worked for a studio.

There's a ton of cheap movies in that make bank the same way!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Hodgepodge posted:

Cataclysm is also when they started to push more for conflict between the Alliance and Horde, put Garrosh "Orc Hitler" Hellscream in charge of the Horde, and made the new king of the Alliance hate Orcs. So I'm not shocked that the Undead started to act more like the villains they were sold as originally at that point.

I thought Garrosh was orc Hitler in the Northrend expansion. He does stop the tournyment to make alliance fight his arena team.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Isnt like guldan posessed by a dead troll voodoo doctor, and he dies and is reborn as the lich to help Arthas in the undead campaign in Warcraft 3?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

No Mods No Masters posted:

Guldan was eaten by a swarm of random demons when thrall was like 5 years old, RIP to him he was the only good character

And then Illidan kept Guldan's skull to look at while chilling in the outlands.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They should of released 2 movies, the human movie and the orc movie. Just like the first game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MisterBibs posted:

Especially since the Human and Orc campaigns in the first game were antithetical to each other, and the Human one doesn't even happen, story-wise.

Shhhhh, don't tell them the spoiler!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hopefully they don't make the Thrall is a slave movie, because its story was so bad it didn't even work as an adventure game! And that's some low standards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gslAG2OEO1c It might of also turned Thrall into Guybrush Threepwood also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNFrbpOSTE.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 5, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They are going to make it all about Thrall.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You mean Pandaman music. Humans can only be white people now in wow.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I liked seeing all the zones, they went over a bunch of them. Lame lightning walls never have been seen in wow.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They should just do a full cgi movie and say gently caress the actors. They barely used the star from Vikings. Do we really need to see him die on a mountain in the next movie to complete the lore just because the current king was named after him?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think they watched Vikings where he was great in and just said, do the Vikings voice for the whole movie.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Warcraft 1 different campaigns were 100% the same thing but they changed orcs to humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Found this might be interesting to some, https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/06/duncan-jones-reveals-what-his-story-would-have-been-for-warcraft-2/

• Locked thread