Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I don't even know where to start.

Taking pictures of printed out Facebook posts has to be some inside joke I just don't get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BobbyK posted:

After reading through all that I wonder what the Imgur convention or meet up whatever was like. Seems like a vile community.

Nonzero chance there was at least one female who nearly ruined the whole thing by claiming someone who was just trying to be nice and friendly "sexually assaulted" her.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

It was supposed to be in character. :ohdear:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

What podcasts are you listening to?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BigglesSWE posted:

It's official: I only browse 9gag now to find stuff to hate.

It had another purpose?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

How do you animals live with so many goddamn alerts active?

It's like the phone version of this poo poo

Everything is where I want it. :corsair:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh, are you friends with my cousins?

I'm sure there's really sweet pitbulls out there, but I only seen to encounter the ones whose muzzles are strapped shut because they're trained to bite the gently caress out of everyone for no reason.

Pitbulls aren't terrible, they're just mostly owned by terrible people.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Weatherman posted:

What if a pit bull raped that autistic guy from guy-gets-punched-after-kicking-kid.gif.exe? Would that justify Black Lives Matter protesting the Ghostbusters remake in their gun-free safe space?

Trick question, it's just going to multi-track drift.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

fullroundaction posted:

This has nothing to do with the MGTOW image macro or their bullshit, but last year when my daughter went into kindergarten we had the normal open house meeting with her teacher, and she suggested that we have her taken to get checked for ADD (or similar). Which both shocked me and pissed me off a little, but I found out later after asking around to some local teacher friends that the schools/classes actually get a boost in funding for each student they can claim as having a learning disability (which ADD falls under I guess), and that the teachers in our county are encouraged to suggest getting tested to parents, and of course the schools are desperate for any way to get money.

It's all so :smith:

Seriously, gently caress this country.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

fullroundaction posted:

South Carolina, near bottom rung on the school system ladder by most metrics. E: also in a tourist town/county with very corrupt officials.

Am I your parachute account?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Electric Lady posted:

A chart detailing "sexual liberation" with no queer relationships. Hmm.

Elliot Rodgers made one. :v:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
It's clearly a sideways fedora, she's virtue signalling.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Slime posted:

Good luck actually proving it. It's hard enough to prove that someone was discriminated against for not being white, let alone that they were discriminated for being the race that's on top.

Are you just telling yourself that?

I'm gonna pretend it's true too, but I just want to know we're on the same page.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Come on guys, it probably only has five bedrooms and eight bathrooms, and that's including the guest house.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Obvious fact that is often overlooked: No women wants your respect. They love bitterness and contempt. Here's a venn diagram to illustrate

Well, I figured out why "good father" annoyed me the most out of all the others: they legit see themselves as replacement dad's. Not even in a fetishistic way (or at least not that kind of fetish), they think they're the solution to women with daddy issues.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

bean_shadow posted:

Tame but the person who posted this posts nothing but how excited she is for Halloween. That or what a fan she is of horror movies. Anybody else have a similar person on their list?

Me :spooky:

I've mostly seen none too subtle reminders about the true meaning of Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and of course Independence Day.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

puck puck goose posted:

Why the gently caress does that dragon comic constantly make it to the front page and how do the comments just keep getting creepier with each iteration

I'm certain everyone on imgur sees themselves as the grey guy.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
more like oldpayless

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

timp posted:

There's a happy ending though, didn't you read the first tweet? They gone!

I have to imagine that some state higher education board came in and was like "hahaha, no."

More like "hahaha, no. :commissar:" :tinfoil:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Aramek posted:

To be fair, cartoons were lame as poo poo before then.

Eh, there were just more after that; people were more willing to make cartoons when it was a means to an ends. You throw enough poo poo at the wall, something will stick.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I honestly feel like this would be just as good in the schadenfreude thread.

So disappointed there was no follow up.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Incidentally, I had a look at the page that was shared from and I think some people in this thread would probably get a kick out of it https://www.facebook.com/JustForLaughingAndJokes/

These are great!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I seriously cannot understand what she's saying. I get that it's some TERF crying no true feminist, but I seriously can't register what message or idea she's trying to convey with this collection of words. Are the first three phrases something specifically derogatory meant to cheapen feminism? How are they similar to All Lives Matter?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

change my name posted:

He's more of a Sergeant Hatred.

At least Sergeant HatredVatred knows what he did was wrong and accepts responsibility for it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

This is the exact opposite of an IoSM.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kajeesus posted:

smh if you don't love Hitler

My first gif :toot:

This one gave me a chuckle.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Why didn't he just reply on the Anthony Fantanos. Results would be the same and he'd still get posted here, but seriously?

Ularg posted:

Ooooh nooooo

PLEASE keep us updated. I want to follow her journey of discovery. :allears:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Attitude Indicator posted:

that's some cheap rear end lovely shoes if you have to go directly to the drug store after putting them on

I'd like to know where you find new dress shoes that don't cause blisters.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Brawnfire posted:

Over/under should be filtered to I PARROT PHRASES WITHOUT COMPREHENSION.

why am I so bitter these days

You're starting to realize you're stuck existing in this reality. :sigh:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Just wanted to post this for the inevitable respobces to the Manhattan bombing:

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2016-08-24/why-isis-rooting-trump-0

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Don't tell them, answers only ruin good mysteries

You flightless gently caress, you would want to keep something a secret.

Edit:

Ularg posted:

This was on a video about Brexit.

I'm sincerely hoping this is some next level parody.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

socilest butthomo posted:

Fresh off my news feed:

I fail to see the IOSM.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lamprey Cannon posted:

I guess the dude-bro response to a bombing? C'mon man, bro-americans are affected by this poo poo just as much as everybody else, no matter what language they speak.

Stay dude bro!!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

fullroundaction posted:

The just-as-stupid but less nefarious version of like farming is the million Teespring garbage dump pages that basically went from 0 to 100,000 likes by posting "Share this if you love your daughter!" or "I'm a nurse but I'm also an Aunt!" image macros every day.

I run the social media accounts for my company and have started taking cues from these shitshovelers and have sadly grown our followers by double or more in the last year just by posting the most lowbrow, pandering crap. Feels bad, man.

Maybe we deserve Trump.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Danyull posted:

Public page, I forgot to screenshot the end where he reveals their email to be something like TheOfficialIlluminatiPriests@gmail.com

Best part is that they're (presumably) using a Nigerian country code for the number. Here's another totally real way to join the Illuminati.

You may laugh at the idea of the Illuminati being based somewhere along the South Carolina coast, but having lived there it makes a certain sense.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Xen Tricks posted:

Nah don't worry about it, I'm still sleepy and it was mostly random spitballing, so I'm done after this post. Oh also I don't have plat, so that factors in.

As for why, as ineffective as 95% of interventions and treatment are or whatever amount it might be, 5% is still more than nothing.

And I agree it's condescending and somewhat contrary to patient rights but of all mental illness I'm sure paranoid schizophrenia is near the bottom so far as direct acknowledgement of the issue goes. If you tell them they might have an issue and should talk to someone about it, that's just more evidence that They're out to get them. It's like the gangstalking people mentioned, literally brick walls to anything that doesn't reconfirm their existing suspicions.

e: really though, also, your experience sounds interesting, you should consider a thread about in Ask/Tell. I know I'd like to hear about the overlap of psychology and computational linguistics analysis or what have you, as well as the microdosing study.

Forgive me for continuing and potentially worsening a derail, but the temptation is too much.

There are cases where an individual is incapable of functioning in society, but many of those cases stem more from past experiences and do follow a logic that, while influenced by the mental illness, is rational. Delusions of gangstalking, for example, can stem from someone being the victim of bullying by different groups who have no connection but pick on them for the same thing and/or do similar actions to them, coupled with little, no, or, worst of all, bad therapy.

The reason people with mental illnesses are reluctant or even against seeking therapy is the label "mentally ill" has an extremely negative connotation in society that can make you a pariah even when it's being treated. This is compounded even more so for schizophrenics; the fact the average person thinks having schizophrenia is enough grounds monitor someone on a near constant basis if not remove them from society essentially proves they're right to be paranoid. That's why your idea of going around the patient to get treatment is not only bad, but counter-productive.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mouse Dresser posted:

Often, those demanding people think that just because they microwaved a burrito for their partner or did the laundry once last week that that's all it takes to be loving and take care of their partner.

They're generally the sort of person to post poo poo like this:

That tweet is supposed to be a joke, right? I'm almost certain it is, but I've expected less from people and have been let down.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Intoluene posted:

Fishing for compliments.jpg

At least you actually get compliments at all, coworker. :smith:

Fishing4pity.txt

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gaunab posted:

It's weird how people care more for corporations than actual people sometimes.

Corporations are people, my friend. In fact, they're more than people since, by definition, they are a group of people. :)

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kajeesus posted:

I would happily live in a police state that sent officers to the houses of anti-vaxxers and forced them to read middle school science textbooks at gunpoint. Also climate change deniers, Trump voters, and really they could just go mad with power in my book.

Look, democracy is a great idea and all, but it's unrealistic. It's an idealized system that's almost setup to fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Replace the "kickassopinions.com" with a puffin and we have something.