Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Join the GLOBAL Server!

Discord : https://discord.gg/TQjKnsv

:frogsiren: Current Information; NOV 2016 :frogsiren:

quote:

SAVE YOUR RED CRYSTALS

Upcoming Event!
Collaboration with BlazBlue!

Four New Characters: Ragna the Bloodedge, Jin Kisaragi, Noel Vermillion, Rachel Alucard

BlazBlue Soul Gear and New Costumes on their way!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/developers-note-fantasy-war-tactics-x-blazblue-set-item-rebalancing/1824383921109252

Jin Kisaragi - ONLY PURCHASED WITH RED CRYSTALS

Ragna the Bloodedge - Lost Island

Noel Vermillion, Rachel Alucard - Event Shop

ToD Hard - 110 Hard is Easier this month! Unlock Yeka Immediately!

Discussions :

Looking Forwards

Nexon has stated there is at least one, possibly two more, collaborations with worldwide IPs. In addition we expect more limited edition costumes in December so save your Red Crystals.

Fantasy War Tactics!

Android: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nexon.fwar

iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fantasy-war-tactics/id1016343603?mt=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JTOI8Rw10E

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Fwar/

Forums: https://m.nexon.com/forum/4-Fantasy-War-Tactics

What is this?

Freemium, tactical grid-based, turn-based combat, party management game by the Korean publisher Nexon. Think a very polished game in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea but without the ability to break the game over your knee with certain hero combinations.

:siren: Don't be worried about the Freemium aspect. You get deluged with IAP currency and freebies.

:siren: On the first two islands or so (hour or so into the game) auto attack WILL clear the levels automatically. The game IS very tactical you just have to spend time to get there.

I want a more in depth description.

You can make a team of up to 5 heroes.

There are :frogsiren:64 HEROES:frogsiren:.

No Heroes require IAP!* [* Except for Seira (3-16)]

Heroes can increase in level and be evolved up to 5 stars.

Each star gets you another skill than can also be leveled.

Also each hero has a favored terrain. At least one.

There is a rock paper scissors mechanic.

You can equip 3 slots of equipment, which you can level.

Everytime you get another star on your hero you unlock three more equipment slots.

There are also equipment sets like Diablo 2

Every star on your hero allows you to give them yet another bonus by spending blue crystals. Don't like it? You can reroll it!

You can also reroll random stats you get on equipment!

Heroes attack cooperatively!

Some heroes have a bonus to helping a specific hero, which yes unlocks more hero bonus damage buddies as you get more stars on a hero!

There is a weird rear end anime story!

Send your heroes off on expeditions where they come back automatically with experience and treasure!

There are tactical spaces on the battlefield that are critical to control!

New Game Modes added all the time!!!

Planned Multi-year Support!

:stonk:

Hero/Costume Gallery

(the sphere orbits the character...)

(...and so does the skull)

:perfect:

How Much Pay to Win is this game really?

As stated previously the IAP currency, Red Crystals Nexon is very generous about giving out.

The paywall only accessible items are as follows (as of 6-22-16):

-Noblesse Hero Seira ($100). The verdict on Seira is that she is nice but in no way overpowered.

-Exclusive Costumes (minor stat boosts) for Event Heroes

-Soul Gear (see post 3 for definition) for all Noblesse Heroes ($50 each).

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/6814-06.16-Patch-Note

Goon analysis of Noblesse Soul Gear

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Eh, I expected some sort of fuckery like this with it being a Nexon title and all. They pull this kinda poo poo with all their games at some point or another. Also finally got Rask, so hopefully things go more smoothly with the event levels for me.

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'll tell you what I've been saying on the discord all day. None of the bonuses on offer for the Noblesse heroes are so big that they are going to make a significant difference in BoH or guild raid. I'm pretty well invested in this at this point, and I'm definitely not going to bother with Seira or Raskreia, and may not bother with Muzaka or Raizel. I'll probably grab Frank, because it looks essentially like what I wanted for him all along, and may make him actually playable, though probably still nowhere near top tier.

Somefool posted:

Yeah, this is pretty lovely. Each set is priced at 55000 Won which is actually around $47 each. I wouldn't buy these even if the effects seem good.

There's still a good chance Noblesse heroes will get their own Soul Gear based on the guild raid bosses.

This feels more like a last ditch effort to milk Noblesse for as much money as possible. If you haven't noticed, there have been some serious power creeping with newer event heroes like Krut that phase out older heroes. With season 2 coming soon (I think they said around summer), I wouldn't keep my eyes glued to older heroes.

I am sorry for those who wants these for dress up, because this is some seriously expensive poo poo.

edit: I would rather fight a Muza with 1 extra range on his 3rd skill than a loving Krut running into my entire party and out right killing them.

edit2: :laffo:

Took me a bit, but I just realized how much of a scam those Soul Gear packages are. You still have to upgrade the stupid thing which is why they're tossing 10k Soul Stones along with it. Problem is, upgrading it to +10 will consume a ton of Soul Stones. Besides the mega whales, you'll probably never run into a +10 Noblesse Soul Gear user until months later.

If the scaling is anything like Cleo's Soul Gear, Muza will never get the +1 range on his skill until +10.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Goon New Player Guide or :supaburn:There is TOO MUCH STUFF:supaburn:

Goon Guilds posted:

:getin:

SwdOfLowtax
Leader: NinjaDebugger
Purpose: Raiding Guild. Everyone Raid 2-3 times a day.

Overflowtax
Leader: Time-Police

What server should I join?

All the goons are on the GLOBAL server

What do I do with Blue Crystals (Mana Stones)

If you want to min/max :siren: DO NOT WASTE THEM UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING :siren:

Blue Crystals (Mana Stones) are the currency for a Hero's "Potential"

Potential gives your Hero more stats. That's it but you want to maximize the stat bonus you get.

Do not modify the Potential until the potential level is three starred as in the image.

It takes 100 Mana Stones to level a one star Potential to a two star. 300 Mana Stones to get a two star Potential to a three star.

If you just evolved your one star Hero to a two star Hero it costs 100 Mana Stones to unlock a new Potential slot.

At a three star Potential Level, for 80 Mana Stones you roll on the maximum but random stat bonus table.

:eng101: So modifying the Potential when the Potential Level is less than three stars is a waste of Mana Stones.

What is the priority for using Red Crystals (IAP currency)?

NinjaDebugger posted:

Explorations, then lord masteries, period. After that things get pretty open. Lord costumes are at best a third investment. Now that decent coocoos are coming back, a good way to go from f2p tier to dolphin tier is to get random set items from tower and daily bonuses and then, when those sets come up in the store, drop a bunch of crystals completing your sets.

Similarly, when a really good A-rank set comes up, dropping some crystals on it is a good way to 1) luck into S and SS pieces while you get a good set, and 2) get plenty of pieces of good sets for multiple characters or for transcendence.

Good A-rank sets to watch for:

1: Battlefield Healer, Ketarh Apprentice
2: Serial Killer
3: Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian, Wild Chaser
4:New Elian Kingdom Cavalry, Persona's Trick, Super Ranger: Black
5:Revelation of the Great Universe, White Knight's Oath

Edit: Now that they're going back to black coocoos, I'll resume my reviews of the set offerings each week, so keep an eye out.

There are an insane number of things you can use Red Crystals for. And you get a bunch in the first couple islands of play. Maybe 300-400 with the novice bonus and just playing for free.

-The consensus is the first priority is to unlock access to a second Expedition.

Expeditions are unlocked in the second Island I think? (verify).

Sending a Hero on Expeditions allows you to get Ancient Coins (currency to unlock rare heroes), Hero experience, Gold and Blue Crystals automatically after a set amount of time. The more expeditions you have unlocked, the faster you can unlock those rare heroes.

I think it is around 200-300 Red Crystals to unlock the second Expedition (Expedition level 4).

-Lord Masteries ...

-Lord Costumes ...

-Hero Costumes. These cost about 600 Red Crystals and give stat bonuses when equipped. If you start now you get a Pirate Costume for your beginning Hero, the White Knight. Hero Costume bonuses stack.

(this shows the IAP costume for the White Knight)

-10x Golden Equipment Capsule. This is the gatcha machine in the Store. Usually you get a Blue (Epic) piece of equipment. I have only encountered Green (Rare) and Blue pieces of equipment. If you have the patience, save up enough Red Crystals to do a 10x pull, so you get at least one Red (Unique) piece of equipment.

Why wait for a 10x pull? You can get Set Equipment from the Golden Equipment Capsule machine

:eng101: Golden Equipment Capsules are the only way to get Set Items. There are Set Items for every Hero Star Level (one star through five star)

:eng101: Golden Equipment Capsules are the only way to get accessories.

From a tiny sample size of 8 two star pulls I got 3 accessories.

:eng101: I recommend pulling for equipment only once you have a 2 star hero.

2 star equipment starts to drop at the end of the Third Island (Company) and generally you will get a better quality 2 star equipment from the Golden Capsule. Rebirthing Heroes to 2 stars quickly outpaces the rate at which 2 star gear drops.

You will get plenty of materials to quickly upgrade your 1 star equipment to begin with.

-Expand your Equipment Storage You get 50 storage slots for equipment. Sounds great right? The problem becomes that this is 50 storage slots total. Not 50 storage slots per star of equipment (50 1* storage, 50 2* storage, etc.)

The first two five slots of equipment storage expansion cost 10 Red Crystals each. The third five slots of equipment storage expansion costs 15 Red Crystals so I assume that the cost of storage will increase the more you purchase.

What do I do with all this gold?

:siren: DO NOT SPEND GOLD ON HERO EXP UNLESS :siren:

-You are fusing a "yellow cat" monster to your Hero. These have the highest experience per gold ratios. Fusing the normal monsters to Heroes for exp is generally a massive waste of gold.

(A yellow cat)

-Enhance/Refine equipment You will be spending most of your gold on upgrading equipment. Oh so much gold. And why does it cost so much gold you ask?

Well first of all there is a failure rate when you try to upgrade equipment.

From the forums as such this is :speculate:

quote:

[Enhancement Section]
1. Every +2 would reduce the success rate of enhancement (As_suming 1 bar = 15%)
+1 ~ +2 ----- 95%
+3 ~ +4 ----- 80%
+5 ~ +6 ----- 65%
+7 ~ +8 ----- 50%
+9 ~ +10 --- 35%

-Fishing for the best Equipment

Once a piece of equipment is Refined (takes materials and gold) from a Normal +3 equipment to a Green (Rare) +3 equipment the equipment acquires a random stat bonus.

Naturally this is a game about stacking massive numbers so you want to find the best stat bonuses for your team.

To save gold you will want to eventually set up a bank of several Normal pieces of equipment upgraded to +3 then Refine them to Green (Rare) as materials permit.

I want to play more! I need more Stamina!

Check the lab.

Once you hit level 18 you can harvest 50 stamina :siren:twice per day :siren: in a three hour window.

Get that free stamina twice? Have 2 red crystals from completing a daily quest.

Fail a mission? I've gotten as much as 70% of my used stamina back :stonk:

Out of Stamina? Play 1:1 PvP. It gives stamina rewards as a drop.

The PvP Gauntlet Dimensional Breakthrough can also give you stamina rewards as a drop!

Join a guild! Currently guilds max out at 20 members. If 18 members press the attendance button in one day, each guild member gets 50 energy that day!

Play PvE Tower of Dawn and grab those Energy Potions at levels 2, 12, 22, etc.. You may want to save those energy potions until you are a higher level since they refill your total energy!

Want even more stamina? Pull the Frendship Point gatcha, sometimes it gives Stamina drops.

Seriously, if after all that you want more Stamina, pay the man. This game throws stuff at you like there is no tomorrow.

Notes on Expeditions

-You may find Relics on Expeditions

That red bar and crown indicates your Hero will comeback with a Relic. As far as I have found, Relics are random events that boost the discovery of items. I have found the Old Gold Coins and Mana Chunk Relics that doubled the Expedition's Gold and Mana Stone rewards, respectively.

-Red Crystals can be found on Expeditions

It's rare but it happens.

-Buying Gene Fragments to unlock Heroes with Ancient Coins has a Daily Cap.

*Cap has been raised to 20/day! Spend them when you got 'em.

What does the SS, S, A and B score for a dungeon mean?

Your dungeon score is determined by how many turns you take to clear the dungeon. In most dungeons the score is be reduced by one letter grade (SS to S) per member of your party that dies.

To see details about a dungeon score for a particular dungeon, press the magnifying glass icon on the right most side of the Dungeon Details screen above the dungeon play button.

Every letter grade by which you successfully complete a dungeon you get one treasure drop. So if you score SS in clearing a dungeon you will get the maximum of 4 treasure drops.

Once you score SS when clearing a dungeon, you can take as long as you like (and lose almost all your party members save one) and still get the maximum reward of 4 treasure drops.

Basically, acquire an SS score by running the dungeon with your best team then farm the dungeon with auto-retry using a less powerful team to improve their experience.

Equipment, or Staring Into The Abyss

-So what the gently caress is this?

Each Hero can equip a Weapon, a Protection and an Accessory per Star level.

Weapons can be Swords, Hammers, or Bows

Protection can be Shields, Armor, or Boots

Accessories can be Badges, Necklaces or Rings

Equipment ranges in strength from +0 to +9.

Each piece of Equipment can have up to four "Equipment Potentials" (bonuses)

For example:

The sword with the pink background is a Legendary Sword. This was a new player gift.

Since it is a Legendary item I can upgrade the sword all the way to +9 (if the item is a lower rarity you have to upgrade and enhance the weapon, the tutorial explains this).

Underneath the "Hit Rate" of the Sword are four lines in various colors.

Each of these four lines is a bonus referred to as an Equipment Potential.

The color of the Equipment Potential indicates how rare the Equipment Potential is. Again the color code is white (least rare), green, blue, red, pink (most rare).

A Rare (green) piece of equipment will have one Equipment Potential, an Epic (blue) will have two and so on.

-Percentages? Numbers? What do they mean?

:eng101: +100 of something = +1% of something EXCEPT DEFENSE AND DODGE

It is my understanding that in a recent patch the Devs buffed Defense. This suggests they are still tinkering with the combat formulas so this information may be perishable.

In the above pictures compare the red bonuses to Defense. 349 Points of Defense gives a percentage bonus of 5.07 Defense. This suggests that 100 points of Defense equals +1.45% to Defense.

However, compare another pair of data points. In white, 2,641 Points of Defense gives a percentage Defense of 28.38% .

:speculate:

Together this suggests that as the Points of Defense accrue in a category the value for 100 points of Defense approaches +1% of Defense.

Simple comparison of the Dodge numbers reveal a similar non-linear trend that approaches the value for 100 points of Dodge approaches +1% of Dodge.

:eng101: So I think I can say safely that at large numbers (>~2000?), +100 of something = +1% of something

-:catstare: gently caress that. Which Equipment Potentials are actually useful, Christ

Unsurprisingly the rarity of an Equipment Potential does not necessarily correlate with it's usefulness to you.

For example:

A bonus to Counter Rate is certainly rarer than a Dodge bonus but if my Hero is dead I can't benefit from the chance of a counter attack.

:speculate:

So according to this post : https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/470-Enhancement-and-Refinement-Information

:eng101: The most valuable Equipment Potentials are in order: + Critical Hit%, HP Regeneration, Any +% Potential.

Take that as you will. I'm still uncertain what are the truly most valuable bonuses because I don't know what all the stats do. For example Hit Rate makes no sense to me because all combats have an attack that lands at least once. Does it govern dishing out multiple attacks? Is this only a PvP stat? I don't know. Similarly 'Mastery' is a stat that I can't find a definitive answer for what it governs.

-I have a piece of equipment I like but I want to reroll some Equipment Potentials.

You can!

Doing this requires at least one of those blue vials, plus one per Equipment Potential you want to keep. Naturally each Star level of Equipment has their own unique item for this process (:stonk:)

:eng101: I have only found one of these drat things and that was through a drop on the Friendship Point Gatcha. A Dev post suggests that you can get them by disassembling items but I have yet to find one. I speculate Common pieces of Equipment will not drop them when disassembled.

-Don't give a gently caress. My Hero keeps dying. How do I increase their resilience?

:speculate: I rank the best Equipment Potentials for defense at low Hero levels (1* to 3*) as: Damage Mitigation, HP Regeneration, HP Bonus, and Defense (because I'm not sure how Defense works yet).

For 3* on I would rank Equipment Potentials as HP Bonus, HP Regeneration, Damage Mitigation, Defense. I suggest this because as the Hero increases a +1% bonus to HP is going to be a much more valuable bonus than a -33 to Damage Received.

Lets talk Protective Equipment. Shields give the greatest HP, but come with a bonus to Counterattack Rate which is not useful to defense. Armor gives the middle bonus to HP and comes with a bonus to Defense. Boots boost HP the least but give a nice bonus to Dodge. Armor is the most reliable Protective Equipment.

In terms of Accessories, Badges increase HP and Defense so equip one of those if you have them.

:eng101: TLDR; Equip Armor and a Badge with the Equipment Potentials: HP Bonus, HP Regeneration, Damage Mitigation, Defense in that order

-How else does Equipment benefit my Hero?

As if that wasn't enough, the more pieces of equipment you can equip a Hero with, the bigger bonus they get to their attack value.

-Holy poo poo, Is it over yet?

Absolutely not.

The Equipment Potentials on Accessories add another wrinkle as some stat bonuses can become dependent on other stats :supaburn:

Destroying Equipment, or Alchemy and You

--To be Added

What heroes should I focus on first?

***Note this advice will change over time. Please ask in the thread***

Avulsion posted:

Check your equipment list to see if you have any upgrade materials saved up, and spend them all upgrading the gear on your top 3-5 heroes. You don't have to max out all your gear or worry about equipment potentials right now, just make sure you don't have any materials gathering dust while you struggle to level up. Half decent gear is more useful than maxing out all your skills, and you can move that gear to better heroes when you get them. Swords, bows, armor, brooches and rings are good to use. Scrap any maces, boots, shields, or necklaces.

If you're up to Company, then a team of Chris, Carrot, Deborah, Mas and Jenny should get you through Foose (island 6) by which point you'll want to replace Chris and Mas with Jack and Serendi. That should get you through Nereid (island 9) easily. Make sure to upgrade potentials for the characters you actually use.

Train the Lord mastery that gives a bonus to Lord XP, so you'll level up faster. Each level up refills your energy bar, and at low levels this will happen very often. Reset and switch over to the Hero XP mastery when you start to slow down.

Do the Coocoo dungeons in Nephthys every day, you'll need these to level up your heroes. Do the Library every day but just auto it. If you try to do it manually you will go crazy.

When you unlock the Tower of Dawn take your best team and climb as high as you can. Take the pile of metal (upgrade materials) you get from ToD and spend them all on upgrading your equipment for 3-5 of your highest level heroes. Then do a few more levels of ToD to get more supplies. Repeat until you hit a wall. Once you beat the Normal ToD you'll have enough resources to start making legendary gear and rolling for equipment potentials.

Valkyrie, Chenny*, Krut**, Celestial and Jack are all useful endgame characters that you can eventually acquire without too much difficulty. If the twins Banshee and Spooky ever pop up again, get them and max them out, they are incredible for PvE.

Ed:
*Chenny is a periodic Lost Island Hero
**Krut is one of the strongest Heroes in the game and a rare Event character.

What heroes should I buy first with Ancient Coins?

1. Mu for her 100% Stun second skill.

2a. If you want more Stun, unlock Unknown and maximize his third skill.

2b. If you want pure damage, unlock Momo.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Patch notes are up.
1: Momo gets a loving built in budget Daso for his passive, and adds 1 turn 20% weakening to his first skill. He is now a fantastic choice for low level battle of honor lineups, though I would not take him over Mu just yet. I would seriously consider taking him over Unknown, however.

3. Then Shark for his Confusion.

What heroes should I buy first with Blue Genes?

Somefool posted:

I base blue gene heroes around Guild Raid because that's where they get the most use. With the amount of event heroes they keep tossing at people, I don't ever see blue gene heroes being necessary in other places.

1. Rage - see below

Somefool posted:

Priority is now switched over to Rage. You want at least 2 months of blue genes into Rage, 1 month to unlock and another to get levels into his 3rd skill.

Due to how strong of an anti-scissor he is now, I would get Rage immediately if you're new to the game.

The new blue gene priority is Rage > Alex > Zero > Tao = Shu-Shu.

2. Alex - Useful for multiple Guild Raids. His stun is also useful outside of raids for dungeons like Flame Garden against the rock coocoos. Alex requires multiple blue gene investment because his 3rd Stunning skill requires high levels to be effective.

3. Zero - Good for Tuesday raid to give everyone water walk.

4. Shu-Shu - Ed: Shu-Shu can increase your Heroes movement and can substitute for Nirvana. A good healer who has been eclipsed by Celestial's fantastic passive area of effect healing.

5. Tao

What heroes should I buy first with Battle of Honor (PvP) Medals?

1. Belle - Best healer in the game

2a. Persona - If you do not have Lee.

2b. Nox - You have Lee.

Somefool posted:

I would unlock Belle first and skill her with perfect genes rather than spend more BoH tokens.

If you are far enough to farm Lee and do Lee strats for Guild Raid, get Nox next. If you're not that far, get Persona. Either way, you want all 3 BoH heroes unlocked because they have their own uses.

Once you have all 3 unlocked, you can start blowing the BoH tokens on skilling them up. You can probably hold off on unlocking Nox until you actually reach Lee and can farm him. Having your own Persona will also save you the trouble of having to find Persona mercs.

Help! I'm new and there is an EVENT. What do I do?

NinjaDebugger posted:

Priority in the limited section of event stores goes like so:

1: Things that are never going to come around again and don't suck (ie. Heroes).
2: Things that are in perennially short supply.
3: Things that are never going to come around again and do suck.
4: Devil Souls and Perfect Genes.

In this particular case, that means first the costumes*, second the transcendence tickets (you cannot stockpile enough of these, we usually get 1/month/star, tops), third the lovely event set, fourth the devil souls and pgenes.

If you have a character who is close to rebirthing and a load of high level coocoos, you can blow 100 points on a devil's soul or three early to get them there, as long as you're confident you'll get everything above it on the list regardless.

*Event Costumes and Event Heroes are significantly more limited than Event Set Items. They may not come back.

Help! I'm new and there is so much Guild Stuff!

Somefool posted:

Join a guild if you haven't already. You want to go into your Guild -> Dark Fortress and run whatever dungeon is available. It changes everyday. The thing is automated so the only thing you have to worry about is forming your team. Spend all 3 runs everyday even if you aren't strong.

There are 3 new currencies:
Soul Stone (Blue/Black Stone)
Scroll Piece (Scroll)
Soul Gear Summon Scroll (Book)

Pictured: Soul Stones

Pictured: Soul Gear Summon Scroll

200 Souls Stone -> 1 Scroll Piece
300 Scroll Piece -> Soul Gear Summon Scroll

ed: so 60,000 Soul Stones -> Soul Gear Summon Scroll

A full Soul Gear Summon Scroll allows you to buy 1 Soul Gear that are available to certain heroes for now. It takes a very long time to accumulate 300 Scroll Pieces unless you happen to be in the best guild.

Soul Stones and gold are used to upgrade Soul Gear. Note that there is a chance to fail just like regular upgrading.

How do I improve my Lord Skills?

Increase the power of your individual Lord Skills in the Lord Skill --> Battle Mastery Menu by spending Lord Mastery Points.

You earn one point of Lord Mastery (Battle Mastery or Support Mastery) per level. Do not confuse Lord Mastery with the Mastery statistic for your units. You can also buy Lord Mastery points with Red Crystals (IAP).

Your Lord Skills level up as you gain Lord Levels.

They appear to top out at level 11, at Lord Level 100.

Thanks to: Hodgepodge, NinjaDebugger

I'm tired of looking at Chris! How do I change my Mercenary?

Iunnrais posted:

It's in a stupid place. Look under "Expeditions", the mercenary tab.

Pictured: The Expedition Menu

Press the "Mercenary" tab

I completed a few areas and now my Materials box is filling up with these non-Gold Cat monsters. What do I use them for?

hey girl you up posted:

They're either a pittance of gold or a pittance of exp. Go for whichever seems more helpful.

How do I prove I am a goon and change that text I see under people's names in the guild list?

Hodgepodge posted:

It's the word of the day in the Lord menu.

Pictured: The Lord Menu

What should I be careful about?

DontMindMe posted:

Be very very careful around the expedition and main menu. If you accidentally buy an expedition completion, gold purchase, etc., you will not get a refund.

Some point on the 20th I noticed I suddenly had a lot less crystals than earlier in the day. Turns out I must have accidentally spent 220 on a gold purchase worth about 500,000.

From support:

"We really do appreciate the support that you are providing towards the game. We're sorry to hear what just happened. Unfortunately we really cannot refund and restore any items that are accidentally sold, used, deleted, or purchased due to our operation policies. We can only suggest you to please make sure to avoid leaving the game unattended to avoid accidental actions. We only ask for your understanding."

So be careful!

PhrenzZ posted:

PSA to lock your Set (and Platinum) pieces so you can't extract them - I managed to extract a 5* SS piece today (the angel set chest).

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 17, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Mid and Late Game information

Mid Game Advice

Somefool posted:

Here's a road map for people who are either midway into the story or towards the end. Ultimately, you want every hero skilled up but let's start with usefulness. I won't include event heroes, but I hope to god everyone has them.

The very first thing, if you haven't already, is to go get Jack and max out his third skill. That's all you need on him to be useful. You can max out the rest of his skills later if you want.

Assuming you have your first full team of 5* heroes or high level 4*, start climbing up Tower of Dawn. Your goal is to complete floors 1-55. This should be doable with a 5* team and if you're having issues, ask here or check the FWT reddit for tips on clearing difficult floors. Being able to clear ToD is very important because it gives you nearly every resource you want in large quantities. This is how you progress in the game quickly. Floor 55 is especially important because it gives you a random complete set on completion. This is worth quite a lot considering how difficult it can be to finish a full set.

Next focus should be being able to clear Coocoo dungeon stage 10. Stage 10 gives out level 220 golden Coocoos and those are pretty much the highest exp monsters you can get in the game outside of level 250 Coocoos that comes from paid packages or events. This is important because you are going to need a large variety of heroes for the end game and this is the fastest method of leveling. In terms of hero priority, you want to have heroes capable of clearing these dungeons quickly.

Coocoo dungeons have a specific weakness:
Scissor - DoT effect lowers their defense greatly.
Rock - Stun effect lowers their defense greatly.
Paper - Movement decrease lowers their counter attack damage greatly.

My recommended heroes you should pick up to help with these dungeons:
Scissor - Deb, Jack, Serendi
Rock - Jenny, Mu, Unknown, Chris
Paper - Alfred, Lance

You just need a couple of heroes who can apply the status effects and the rest be your strongest damage dealers to finish them off quickly. I didn't list mid-late tier heroes on the off chance there are issues auto farming for them. Some I also didn't list, like Poni, because if the status effect is on the 1st skill slot, the AI won't use it right away until it runs into MP issues.

Your goal is to SS rank stage 10, so work towards leveling and gearing up the heroes required to do so.

Once that's done, here's a list of heroes you should work towards unlocking and skilling up:

Story
High Priority (get these guys asap)
Bearman - Max skills 3-4-1 in that order first.
Serendi - Max skills 3-4 in that order first.
Raboff - Max his 3rd skill.
Gillan - Max his 3rd skill.

Pick These Up Whenever You Can (in no particular order)
Mas - 2nd strongest pure healer.
Dolores - Max his passive for more gold. His 2nd skill have a 100% chance to remove enemy buffs at level 1.
Lily - Max 3rd skill. Never know when you need to shove someone away later.
Cleo - Max all her skills. Has a ton of utility and good everywhere.
Jin - Extremely good for pve content.
Lilid - Max 3rd skill. Never know when you need to pull someone towards you.
Kitty - Max all her skills. She is extremely fragile though.

When You Are Strong Enough
Angela
Lee
Klein

If it were me, I would go for everyone but heroes with special functions should be farmed first.

Ancient Coin
Mu - Have her unlocked. No need to skill her if you only plan to use her for the 100% stun.
Unknown - Should be 2nd unlock and max his 3rd asap.

After that, spend your ancient coins however you like.

Battle of Honor
Persona - Unlocked but not skilled. His 2nd skill is useful on certain maps to relocate enemies.
Belle - Unlock and skill. Strongest healer in the game with aoe debuff removal for allies.

Go for Nox if you really want him but he's not necessary for anything.

Blue Unknown Gene
This one is actually a bit tricky now due to Guild Raid.

Alex - I would now probably prioritize having him first over Rage and try to max out his 3rd skill. He's the only other hero with a 3rd skill stun besides Unknown.
Zero - Unlock but not skilled. Having Zero on Tuesday's raid gives everyone water walk, which lets you bring in more melee heroes.
Rage - Strong ranged rock type.

If it were me new to this game now, I would unlock Alex first and then spend another month to level up his 3rd skill and blow some pgenes to max it. This will help greatly vs raid bosses weak to stun and make farming rock Coocoos a lot easier. Zero should be next to make Tuesday's raid more accessible to melee heroes. After that, do whatever you want with blue genes.

Dimensional Breakthrough

Iunnrais posted:

For dimensional breakthrough, a hard hitting team (low 5*) backed up by Mas can get through the first six levels without a scratch. The final four levels can be won by sending in a single sacrificial lamb and a maxed hellfire, doing another level to get your lord gauge up, and then repeating until the hp is low enough you can kill them in a single hit with your main team.

Somefool posted:

There are a ton of heroes to level up and that's why having access to level 220 Coocoos will help a ton in getting everyone to 5* quickly. Note that there will be oddball situations where certain maps want one particular set of heroes like all papers or only attack types, so you will want as many heroes at 5* if possible.

Equipment Optimization

Somefool posted:

Okay, let's talk about Item Optimization.

Pink > Orange > Blue > Green > White

Remember that color scheme to know which is better when looking at potentials.

TL;DR

Damage Dealers: Bow/Armor/Ring with a 5* Necklace
Tanks: Sword/Armor/Brooch
Support: Bow/Armor/Brooch or Ring with a 5* Necklace

The exception to the above is if you're wearing sets. Generally you ignore item composition if the set effect is really good.

Weapons

Bows - This is the best weapon type even though it gives the lowest attack. Crit rate is way too useful of a stat in combination with crit damage potentials to the point where you will see a massive damage spike when you land a critical hit. Note that heals can also land a "critical hit" and heal for a much higher amount than normal. Because of this, supports should also use bows.

Swords - Sword's attack value is more than bows but less than maces. They're preferred over maces on tanks because the hit rate stat is the second most useful thing after crit rate. Losing to dodge RNG is pretty bad.

Maces - Gives the highest attack out of all three weapon types. They have a niche use, but in general it's better to go bows. The only hero that could go all maces would be Jin because her passive can more or less guarantee her 100% crit rate.

Armor

Armor - This is the best armor type in the game. Defense is the most important stat in the game, even above attack. Since defense reduces damage by a percentage, it's never not useful throughout the entire game.

Shoes - Dodge is really tricky because hit rate hard counters it. If you go dodge, it's an all in thing which can be pretty bad because you're relying entirely on rng not screwing you over. There are a few heroes you can attempt this on but it is a huge gamble. You can definitely try it on heroes who have dodge bonuses in their skills, but remember that without defense, there is a huge chance your dodger gets one-shotted when hit.

Shield - Don't ever touch this poo poo. Counter rate is useless if you're made of paper. Do not ever try to make a counter build unless you have Outer Space set.

Accessories

Rings - Gives crit and hit rate. Goes on your damage dealers. The hit rate bonus should be enough to cover for the lack of swords.

Brooches - Gives HP and defense. Goes on anyone who needs to tank up.

Necklaces - Gives attack and mastery which influences how much your damage fluctuates. This item is extremely important. You might notice that some heroes would sometimes deal next to no damage yet other times hit really hard, those heroes probably have a really low base mastery. For example, Lance have a mastery of 6000 or 60%. When he attacks, he can do anywhere between 100% down to 60% of his original damage. This is a huge issue when there is a possibility that your hero loses nearly half of his damage due to rng. Always try to equip your heroes in a way that their mastery is above 90%.

Equipping your heroes

In general, everyone should be wearing armors due to the defense stat. Armors all across if you want your heroes to actually survive through multiple attacks.

For damage dealers, you want bows and rings to raise crit rate as high as possible. Tanks should go swords and brooches where the brooches matter more because it gives more HP and defense. Healers should go bows and they can mix and match rings with brooches depending on if you want them to be tankier or higher chance to critting their heals.

Where to shove necklaces is the tricky part. Necklaces have a bit of a weird scaling compared to rings and brooches.

Here are the values for a +10 necklace:
1* - 159 ATK / 1,184 Mastery
2* - 376 ATK / 1,406 Mastery
3* - 652 ATK / 1,628 Mastery
4* - 1,012 ATK / 1,850 Mastery
5* - 1,498 ATK / 2,072 Mastery

As you can see, the attack value scales exponentially the higher the item rank is. Always try to equip a 4* or 5* necklace! This is important because the attack difference is way too big. Even if your hero needs 1000 mastery to hit 100%, still equip a 5* necklace if possible because there is no reason to go for a 1* necklace that only gives 159 attack. If the hero needs more than 2000 mastery, then equip a 4* AND 5* necklace. Try to avoid equipping the 1-3* necklaces if possible. The only exception to this is if the high ranking sets don't include necklaces, then you can go and equip the lower ranking ones or if low ranking sets already includes a necklace.

Item Potentials

:frogsiren: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART WHEN IT COMES TO ITEM OPTIMIZATION! :frogsiren:

FULL ITEM POTENTIAL LIST

The above list is extremely handy as it lists all possible potentials and their values.

First, potential slots on items:
Normal (White) - 0 slots
Rare (Green) - 1 slot
Epic (Blue) - 2 slots
Unique (Orange) - 3 slots
Legendary (Pink) - 4 slots

Each time you refine an item to the next rarity, it will unlock an additional potential slot and rolls a random potential on the new slot. Generally, it is not recommended to roll potentials until you have all 4 slots unlocked which means getting the item up to +9 and refine it up to legendary (pink) quality.

If you're new to the game, I would go against that advice and start doing it as soon as you have 3 slots. Why? Because legendary refinement eats up a ton of metal that you probably don't have because you can't clear the harder areas in the game. The biggest supply of metals come from Tower of Dawn, but you probably can't clear ToD Hard because your gear is weak. This means you're losing out on another set of metals and grinding storage dungeons eat up a lot of energy that could be spent farming hero genes. So if you're 1-2 months into the game, I wouldn't worry about rolling potentials on items with 3 slots.

So what potentials do we want on items?

In general, you want at least 3 out of the 4 slots to be good potentials and be at least epic (blue) rarity. You have to be very careful when rolling for potentials because the number of modification potions that are required to roll doubles per slots you want to keep. If you're planning to roll potentials on a large number of gear, you might want to stop after getting 2 good potentials otherwise you run the risk of eating through your mod potion supply.

Another thing to note is that you want +% potentials over +flat value ones for obvious reasons even if the +flat value happens to be legendary (pink).

Weapons- Priority is the roll +% Attack and +% Damage. If the hero have insanely high crit rate, it's fine to go for +% Crit Damage over +% Attack/Damage if you can't get both. +% Damage takes high priority on Jack and Lena because it affects the HP % Damage portion of their skill. If you manage to get +% Attack, +% Damage, and +% Crit Damage all in one weapon, you're pretty much good to go. The final potential you can go for is either +% Crit Rate or +% Hit Rate.

Armors - +% HP and +% Defense are both extremely high priority. Get both of these before aiming for anything else. +Flat Defense is actually good here and probably the only flat value potential worth keeping if you happen to get it. -% Damage Reduction is also good if you're looking to tank up further. If you're doing a dodge build, you want both +% Dodge and +Flat Dodge along with +% HP if possible.

Accessories - Check the potential list because each rank have 2 unique potentials that will only appear on accessories. In general, you want ATK by % of HP on every accessory piece. Accessories are a bit trickier to roll for due to the large variety of potentials.

Unique potentials on accessories to aim for:
1* - +% HP
2* - +% Crit Damage and if possible +% Crit Rate
3* - +% Counter Damage (only for counter builds)
4* - +% Damage Reduction or +% Dodge on dodge builds
5* - +% Attack and +% Defense

The hardest to roll for is probably 5* rank because you want ATK by % of HP, +% Attack, and +% Defense which is 3 out of the 4 slots. This will straight up chew through all your mod potions. If you don't have enough 5* mod potions, aim for +% Attack only for damage dealers and +% Defense for tanks.

Crit Rate by Defense is also a good potential to look out for because if you went all armors, stacking these potentials can give a good amount of crit rate. Hit Rate by Crit Rate is also something to consider if you need more hit rate but don't want to equip a sword over a bow.

Attack by % MP is really bad because of how small MP pools generally are. Don't think that it is as good as Attack by % HP because it's not.

Recover HP by % DoT Taken is a situational potential. It's really good on heroes in the front line that you know will get hit by nukes with DoT effect. Having at least one of this potential is a good idea on tanks to help reduce the amount of damage taken. Note that there are special DoTs that ignore this potential, so don't expect this to save you from every DoT effect.

+MP per Turn is extremely situational. There are 2 situations where you would want this potential across all your accessories: dealing with mana burn or skill chaining. Heroes like Mu can benefit from this potential to allow her to keep chain stunning longer before running out of MP.

+% Damage (Minion/Boss/Nep) potentials are limited to PvE and you definitely don't want these if you ever plan on using said equipment in PvP areas. +% Damage (Nep) is the worst of the three because Nep dungeons are already nerfed to be easier. +% Damage (Minion/Boss) can be better than the other potentials if you never plan to PvP with a certain hero or gear. For example, these potentials would greatly help Jin since she shines in PvE and is complete trash in PvP.

Stats to aim for!

For damage dealers, you're looking at over 25k attack in general if you manage to get all the attack related potentials. Some stronger heroes can easily reach 30k with good potentials.

Crit rate should be well over 80% and nearly 100% if you manage to get a bunch of +% Crit Rate potentials. For utility and support heroes, you might end up with something around 50~60% crit rate, which is fine.

Defense should be well over 50% on damage dealers wearing armor and tanks should aim for over 65%. Actual pure tank heroes like Bearman can easily go over 70% defense with all +10 gear and good potentials.

Mastery should be at 90~100% for everyone except for heroes where damage don't matter. Heroes like Bearman and Raboff can get away with their default mastery if you only plan to use them for their tanking purposes. It is possible to build them to actually deal a decent amount of damage though.

Hit rate should be around 20~25% minimum but attackers should definitely have a lot more for PvP. Outside of PvP, you won't be dealing with many dodge type enemies.

Somefool posted:

Here's a handy link, bookmark it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1euBPsu5JJLLyLZU-Gk-7E51lXhP-2n_GFPzGKWkwJ4c/edit#gid=632886941

It lists all possible potentials on items and their ranges. One thing you should note is that accessories have exclusive potentials for each rank.

For armors, you want +%HP and +%Def at least and then try for -%Damage Taken if you want more tankiness.

For accessories, you want rings on your damage dealers for more crit rate. You also need at least 1 necklace depending on how low mastery is on the hero. Heroes with really low mastery will need a high rank necklace.

Leveling Heroes Efficiently

Your best option to level heroes is to farm the Red/Blue/Green Coocoos (gold cats) from the Nephthys Dungeon.

Some tips:

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Speaking of CooCoo garden, any suggestions on team composition to auto the 10th stage in each? Assuming no sets. :shrug:

There's plenty of Paper stunners, but not much in the way of Red DOT'ers and green Slowers.

Iunnrais posted:

My DoT team is Muz, Jack, Deb, and then Krut and Serendi for dps/CC.

My Decrease Movement team is Alfred, Krut, Reina, and then I toss in Chenny and Rask for some more dps.

Krut literally never leaves my team for anything except low level teams gaining extra xp when farming rebirths. He's that good.

NinjaDebugger posted:

It is extremely difficult to auto rock coocoos until you are really overleveled. The best most people can do is to semi-auto pressing hellfire when it comes up.

If you want to try the stun thing, your best bet is the paper type area stunners (Alex, Unknown) combined with wide area attackers who are more likely to incidentally target the stunned coocoos (Jenny, Klein, Celestial).

Once you've SSed the stage, though, all you have to do is finish it to get an SS, so I had more success with just sucking it up, gearing up some absurd paper characters plus Krut, and letting them brute force it, and if I happened to look in, hitting hellfire.

Moa, Klein, Celestial, Yekaterina, Jenny, Raizel. Especially if you have the means to build a Counter-Klein. When he gets trapped in the middle of a bunch of rock coocoos and starts countering, having 80% defense only helps so much when you get countered for 400,000 damage multiple times a turn.

Celestial and Yekaterina help with that, because they'll top off your HP for you. A solid counter-belle can do the same, and will counter more frequently than Klein, who has type advantage.

Hodgepodge posted:

I was able to auto rock coocoos with Mu, Raboff, Unknown, Rai, and Krut. I now use Mu, Unknown, Jenny, Alex, and Rai.

Lance is great for paper coocoos. I still use him for them even though he's still 4*.

Avulsion posted:

I use Kitty, Deborah, Serendi, Jack, and Celestial for Scissors.

Hodgepodge posted:

Also note that you should run the best coocoos you can S rank; this works out to more exp than the previous dungeon's SS rank.

Library In The Sky -- Tower Defense in my Anime Game (in progress)

Library in the Sky (located in the upper left corner of the World Conquest screen) is a tower defense game where you pit your five favorite heroes against anywhere from 20-50 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.

The ultimate goal of the Library stages is to obtain enough Library Gemstone Currency to unlock an exclusive hero and max their skills.

As you would expect; a healer, AoE heroes, mana regeneration and long range abilities are highly valued in the Library.

This is the Main Library in the Sky screen. Unless there is an event going on (see below for details), only Dragon Celestial will be open.

In this Library Tower Defense, you have the opportunity to fight the Dragon at the end of Tower of Dawn yet again.

There are two daily repeatable stages in Dragon Celestial. Dragon Celestial One is a tutorial. Dragon Celestial Two is the main event with up to 50 waves. Each wave will have the instructions to either clear the wave completely or kill the boss. If you focus fire on the boss(es) and kill them then the wave disappears and you advance to the next stage.

Pictured above is the Reward Info for Dragon Celestial One. All Library in the Sky stages have both 1) a basic stage clearance reward and 2) rewards for clearing specific stages.

Note the Blue Gemstone. This is special Library Gemstone Currency to unlock the hero Celestial (the dragon), purchase gene fragments, and purchase special Celestial gear.

Celestial is a strong, essential hero because of her Seal skill which removes all buff and prevents new ones from being bestowed on an enemy.

Because Library in the Sky is a daily event (and somewhat tedious) we recommend you eventually start to auto the stages. This is something new players should start doing immediately, as the gold rewards are quite worthwhile.

DemonMage describes an intermediate player's line up for Library Celestial Stages 1 & 2.

DemonMage posted:

Chris 4* 29, Jack 4* 25, Krut 4* 20, Valkyrie 3* 47, Spooky 4* 14

Got me to Celestial 2 Stage 25 auto. No idea if I have anything better, I haven't really tried to do an effort run at it. That's enough for 205k gold and 50 Celestial pieces (5 Blue Gemstones).
Also clears Celestial 1, which is 90k gold and 10 Celestial pieces. (1 Blue Gemstone)

Once you have a fully maxed level 70 5* team, total gross daily earnings should consistently be ~100K (completing Celestial 1) + 300K gold (Celestial 2 completed to level 35) and 11 Blue Gemstones.

Celestial 2 Level 35 features two very strong reapers. Hellfire is advised.

Library Events

Occasionally, Library in the Sky features a temporary event, which is why you see Deimos and Green Gemstones in the pictures above.

For Deimos' stage strategy please ctrl+F "Deimos" and find the appropriate section below

Deimos' 4* unique set in the Library shop is generally considered sub par when compared to most 4* sets so it is not recommended you spend hard earened Green Gemstones to purchase it.

Red Gemstones are featured in the Library Shop, so expect at least one more Library event in future.

Library In The Sky Shop

Guild Raid Instructions (in progress)

Somefool posted:

Here's some tips on Guild Raid from what I've gathered these past 4 days.

Bosses have 1 specific weakness that you can abuse:
Monday: [ed: Stun, avoid using melee]
Tuesday: [ed: Disarm, use Zero for team Water Terrain advantage, use ranged]
Wednesday: ???
Thursday: Disarm
Friday: Disarm
Saturday: Stun
Sunday: Stun

Besides that one specific weakness, you can apply DoT on all of them. Do not bother with any other effects, because it will not work. I know some of the bosses don't have HP% Damage listed as an immunity, but they are and the text will pop up when you try it.

Once the boss reach their level 3 form and above, he will have a specific buff called Resistance which gives a chance to ignore any effect from applying. It is important that you bring multiple heroes that can disarm/stun the boss.

Chaining Disables

This is VERY important because Guild Raid is all about dealing with how retarded the AI is at controlling your heroes. The most basic thing you need to know is that the AI will alternate between their 3rd and 2nd skill. This means that a single Unknown cannot perma stun a boss because his stun last 1 turn and it's his third skill. During turn 2, Unknown will use his 2nd skill no matter what even if he has enough MP to use his 3rd skill again. In order to overcome this, you need another hero with stun on the 2nd skill slot.

For example, if you want to chain stun, you would need Unknown and Mu together. Unknown will start off with his 3rd skill on turn 1 and Mu will use her stun on turn 2. Unknown and Mu will alternate between their stun skill every other turn to hopefully keep the boss stunned forever.

Here's a list of heroes with stuns:

Skill 2 Stunners
Mu - 100% regardless of level
Kitty - 80% at level 10
Jenny - 40.8% at level 10
Seira - 80% at level 10, target must be branded
Chris - 66% at level 10

Skill 3 Stunners
Unknown - 75% at level 10
Alex - 75% at level 10

Mu is clearly the best at stunning because of her 100% stun rate, but remember that once the boss reach level 3 form, there is always a chance that it will be blocked completely so don't depend on her only. Sadly the only other hero with a skill 3 stun is Alex and he happens to be a blue gene hero. You're better off using an Unknown merc unless you happen to have spare blue genes or perfect genes.

Disarm is a bit different. Here's a list of all disarmers:

Raboff - 75% at level 10, last 2 turns
Gillan - 75% at level 10
Yeka - 80% at level 10, requires 2 charges

All of them are skill 3 disarms. Only Raboff is good because his disarm last 2 turns. Yeka is not a good disarm hero because she needs 2 charges to even disarm and that relies too heavily on rng. In order to get the most out of disarm, you want to grab a Raboff merc. Gillan can work but he will alternate between his 1st and 3rd skill. However, his AI completely breaks when heroes are low on HP because he will prioritize healing over dealing damage sometimes.

Hero Order

This actually really important especially if you want to disable the boss. Every boss have multiple forms and each form will be stronger than the previous form. You do not want to put your disablers in the first couple of slots. The worst thing to happen is for you to disable a boss then suddenly kill the boss. The new form will come back without being disabled and this can lead to deaths. Always put your disables last for hero order!

Assembly Bonus

The most important one to always go for is the +50 MP regen. This buff will allow your entire team to alternate between their 2nd and 3rd skills for several turns. The rest are optional, so don't gimp your damage for bonuses.

Guild Skills

I have to explain these because they actually differ from Lord Skills by quite a lot.

First thing, always enter Guild Raid with a full Lord gauge. Your current Lord gauge reflects on your Guild gauge similar to DB.

Guild Shelling - Acts similar to Hellfire, but it only targets the boss.

Fire Support - This will kill every non-boss target on the map. Great for Saturday and Sunday raid.

Absolute Protection - This is NOT Grace! There are some rules to this skill. This skill will heal and apply a protection bubble to all your heroes for 1 turn. The protection bubble will prevent all damage from the first source! This is important because raid bosses have a damage aura passive. The bubble, for the most part, will actually end up protecting your team from the damage aura. This will leave everyone open to the boss's actual skill unless you are out of range from the damage aura. Another problem with this skill is that it will also protect against skills that deal damage to your own hero. Klein will straight up remove the damage protection bubble due to his own skills hurting himself.

Combat Support - This skill will heal and remove status effects. This is skill is probably more important than Absolute Protection because it will remove disables off your heroes unless your entire team happen to have immunities.

Guild Member Instructions for Mercenaries

Somefool posted:

[We all] need at least 5 people to have mercs with specific disables on certain days. I don't care about damage but I would like them to have at least 50% def so they don't die right away.

Monday: Strongest scissor type damage dealer (25k+ attack) otherwise Unknown/Alex with maxed 3rd skill
Tuesday: Raboff with maxed 3rd skill
Wednesday: Strongest paper/rock type damage dealer (25k+ attack)
Thursday: Raboff with maxed 3rd skill
Friday: Raboff with maxed 3rd skill
Saturday: Unknown or Alex with maxed 3rd skill
Sunday: Unknown or Alex with maxed 3rd skill

If you don't have any strong damage dealers, don't sweat it. There's only 1 raid boss that is completely immune to most disables but the rest are actually important.

If your disablers aren't tanky, start shuffling armors and brooches onto them until they are. It's not that hard to reach 50% defense. If you can go beyond that, do so. These are heroes that are constantly used in guild raid, so it wouldn't hurt if you gave them extra attention to their gear. Heroes that are good in guild raid tend to be good in other areas of the game, so it's not like you're wasting resources.

Guild Shop Advice

1. Buy out all 20 of Valkyrie's gene fragments daily. After 7 days of participation in Guild Raid, you will unlock Valkyire.

2. Which unit should I prioritize for Soul Gear?

NinjaDebugger posted:

Yekaterina's soul gear should be first stop for basically everybody, as it gets her to 90% disarm chance and 100% charge chance.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Yekaterina, Lena, Bearman, Cleo are all good and get good special effects on their stuff.

Momo's Wings are also quite good.

NinjaDebugger posted:

19 new soul gears, highlights are:
Gillan's weapon giving +10% disarm chance.
Nox's wings giving +18% HP drain
Nirvana's weapon giving another +2k defense on his third skill.
Lilid's weapon giving +1 range to his third skill at level 10
Lilid's wings giving +7% regen from his passive.
Alfred's wings giving his spammable second skill +20% charm chance.
Jin's weapon giving her third skill +1 Range
Jin's wings giving her second skill +1 AOE
Raboff's weapon giving his already nuts third skill +10% disarm chance.
Sione's weapon and wings giving a giant DOT boost.
Azrael's translation is odd, but it either adds +12% attack or regen (the latter would be nearly a doubling) when he's on a non-normal terrain tile.
Alex's weapon gives +10% stun chance.
Kitty's wings increase her second skill's stun by 20%, to a max of 100%
Tao's wings give her second skill +1 AOE at level 10.
Dominique's weapon and wings BOTH boost her third skill, giving 30% more damage and 1200 more defense ignore, total.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Soul gear highlights:
Lance gets +2 movement decrease on his third, and +20% HP from his wings. This may make him actually good, instead of niche.
Henry's gauntlet gives him 5 square reach, and raises his passive another 2200 defense and 12% attack. In PVE with that crazy rear end counter build he may actually be a force to be reckoned with, especially with a 5 square range on his third to move him wherever you want.
Lee's third really did not need another 20% damage, and his passive certainly didn't need another 8.4% attack, but the passive will continue to be bad in battle of honor, so whatever.
Poni gets more auto-damage and more regen, which just makes him more attractive to me as a potential gold tiger.
Lily gets +1 push... and -20% damage while his movement is above 6, which is not bad at all.
Klein is a giant can of fuckoff that is going to make me whale out on soul gear packages, which are back. +20% confusion chance, and then wings for +800 attack for every 10% HP lost, which is just loving hilarious.
Sraka: Still bad
Elektra: Still bad.
Zero: Probably still bad, though 2200 def ignore and +1 move from his passive is attractive.

Noblesse heroes: Don't feel bad about not buying bloody gear.

Muzaka: +20% damage on his second skill, +3.2% regen on his passive. This is perhaps not quite as good as the bloody gear, but that's debatable.
Raskreia: +4% weakening on her already fantastic third skill is great, +4% on her passive is also great.
Frankenstein: +14% damage on second and third skill, and +40% chance of move decrease on the second. If these skill effects apply in addition to the bloody soul gear, he may actually be playable now. Well, not really, but it's a nice thought.
Seira: Her scythe is meh, a bit of extra damage on her third, but her wings do absurd things to her passive. Another 4% attack and 1200 dodge is pretty goddamn impressive, a 40% increase in her passive strength.

NinjaDebugger posted:

(Re: Set 4 of Soul Gear, Sept 21)

The reddit had them translated (and usually does), and the official patch notes are out now:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/sep222016thu-patch-note/1800807826800195

Big winners are Moa, Val, Celestial, Banshee, and Deimos, with honorable mention to Raizel, who comes out of the deal with 19% resistance.

Somefool posted:

+5 to +6 cost 2400 Soul Stones
+6 to +7 cost 3100 Soul Stones
+7 to +8 cost 3900 Soul Stones

Took me 3 tries to get +7, so that's 9300 Soul Stones gone. But now my Yeka has a 90.2% chance to gain a charge:

:getin:

Guild Raid Saturday (Hellmaster) Strategy

Somefool posted:

Let's talk about Saturday's raid aka Hellmaster.

I was going to post this video and then talk about stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssRhCCbHFfg

However, there was an initial strategy that I had before but completely forgot about until now.

In theory, the following SHOULD work.

Team composition: 3x Paper Heroes, Deborah/Sione, Kitty + Kitty merc

There are 2 paper tiles on this map and if you place any hero on it, they would need a 5 tile range skill in order to hit Hellmaster from his initial position. Kitty only have 1 skill with a 5 tile range and it's her 2nd skill. Her 2nd skill also happens to stun if the target is under the effect of DoT. The stun chance is 80% at max and with soul gear, it can shoot up to 100%.

As far as I know, Hellmaster isn't immune to DoT. If done correctly, every turn Kitty will fire her laser with a 80% chance to stun the boss. This should permanently stun the boss until rng screws you over and it's much better than relying on Unknown/Alex with their 75% stun chance.

I'll try this method again next Saturday, so I need more Kitty mercs with 2nd skill upgraded. Damage doesn't matter because I don't need Kitty finishing off the boss. Defense matters in case the boss counter attacks.

Guild Raid Sunday (Deimos) Strategy

Double Lee, Valk, Belle Strategy

http://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/4xqjew/deimos_raid_boss_for_sunday_ss_strategy/?st=irvgccz5&sh=fbadefc3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Bm9tqO4_8

Guild Raid Monday (Chronos) Strategy

Somefool posted:

Monday's (Chronos) raid

Here's a screenshot on how to do Lee strat:

Follow the hero order as listed and placement. You need full Lord gauge before entering! Use Fire Support right away to kill off the archers then switch to auto Shelling for the rest of the round.

Also, your Lee has to be placed closest to the boss! What happens if you don't is that the merc Lee will end up moving closer to the boss since the boss haven't turned around yet from Lance's taunt effect.

If you don't have Sione, replace her with some other hero of your own choice.

Lance should be tanky enough to survive the first 2 turns against the boss so the boss will face him. Lilid should be dead first before Lance dies.

Lily should have his 3rd skill maxed to remove any form of RNG.

Guild Raid Wednesday (Juggernaut) Strategy

Somefool posted:

Here's the Lee strat for Wednesday's raid:

Merc Lee goes in the bottom corner. Set guild skill to Shelling once the boss is on the paper tile island.

Lily and Lilid should not have any weapons equipped. I'm not sure how the mechanics work but I do know that when the boss dies, he blows back all heroes near him. Don't want to risk the boss popping before he is isolated on the paper tile.

Nox is necessary because he gives all heroes lava terrain bonus. If you don't have Nox, your Lees will slowly die and also miss out on terrain bonus for gauge building. A way around this is to get 2 pieces of Dragon Slayer. It's a 4* S rank set, so it's not that hard. Can't guarantee other merc Lees having it though.

Alex is needed to build skill gauge faster. If you don't have Alex, you could try Mas because his 1st skill is 5 range. Although I haven't tried Mas myself, just make sure Nox and Lilid dies in 1 hit from the boss otherwise Mas will walk over to heal and screw up his positioning.

Guild Raid Friday (Trishula) Strategy

Somefool posted:

Here's the setup for Friday's Raid:

DO NOT ENTER THIS RAID WITHOUT FULL SKILL GAUGE! You need to use Combat Support at the start of turn 2 if Muzaka gets immobilized by the boss otherwise run is over.

This one actually requires good gear on everyone except Lily. In fact, Lily should be dead after turn 1. If he's alive, run is hosed.

The Lee positions can be swapped between your own Lee and merc Lee. The biggest difference between positions is that the Lee next to the boss will take the largest amount of damage I believe over the Lee farther away. If you want your Lee to survive, you need around 60k HP and 40% Def. More is better because if the boss lands several crits, Lee will die. The Lee closest to the boss will also benefit from Gillan's 2nd skill when he starts to heal Muzaka.

In order to keep up skill gauge, you need Muzaka to be alive. The tankiest hero should technically be Muzaka because if Muzaka dies, then there's no way Gillan can heal Krut.

Krut's defense should also be similar to Muzaka because Gillan won't heal if Muzaka isn't low. I recommend removing all HP regen sets off Muzaka or have the same regen sets on Krut also.

If you don't have a tanky Krut, the alternative is to replace him with Shushu with maxed 2nd skill. This will give you 2 healers, which should last a lot longer.

Lastly, DO NOT GIVE ANYONE SWAMP OR WATER WALK FROM SETS!

Tower of Dawn General Advice

NinjaDebugger posted:

So, for those of you who actually got Spooky and Banshee, welcome to the "wrecking the poo poo out of Celestial" club.

As long as you can get to the top of the hard tower, you are going to be able to beat Celestial, because with a little work, Banshee + Spooky + A healer can tank Celestial

And as of last night's patch, they have apparently fixed Spooky's damage reflection so it reflects damage that she soaks for Banshee.

That means when Banshee gets hit for 30,000 damage, and Spooky gets hit for 70,000 damage, Spooky is (with the right set and soul gear) going to reflect 47,000 damage. On top of the counter Banshee will do with her nice Outer Space set (You DO have Outer Space on her, right?)

You don't even need to keep an enemy around to get the reflect, you can just have Spooky hit an ally, using the skill every other turn.

Tower of Dawn Monthly Advice (November)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/5ag7t7/tower_of_dawn_november_2016_edition_discussion/

Set Equipment and the Use of Diamonds
--TBA

Set Equipment Strategies

Please see this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751670#post452814110

Tips on Farming Difficult Characters

Story Characters: Angela, Lee, Azrael, Klein

Lee

MooselanderII posted:

For chaos, I used Krut, Mu, Serendi, and Jack, with the Elektra piece of crap tagging along. I think I did this with a combined battle score of 100 or so when I was starting out, but that might be a little bit higher than what you need.

Hell is a lot harder because of the stupid swamp messing up the AI. Krut, Mu, Serendi, Raiziel, and any other swamp walker is good here. You might need to check in every once in a while to hit grace, I know I did for a little bit. If you have Belle, it becomes a LOT easier to auto this one.

Somefool posted:

Generally for Lee, you want something like +9 uniques with decent potentials for your heroes.

Chaos Lee isn't very hard. Elektra eats up a slot but you don't have to gear her. Jack with high defense with +% damage potentials helps a ton. If you have Muzaka and Krut, gear both of them up. Besides that, bring your highest damage dealers.

Hell Lee is a bit more difficult. In order for heroes to get out of the swamp maze without swamp walk, they need at least 5 movement. Jack and Krut can naturally walk out of the maze easily. Besides that, start gearing up heroes with swamp walk. Serendi is highly recommended and if you have Raizel, bring him too.

Azrael

Somefool posted:

Here it is, me autoing Azrael Hell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbhIuXVxDv8

This is probably the easiest to auto but at the same time difficult to prepare for. Even with my setup, I would say the success rate is about 90% because of instant death and the last 2 Gillans chaining their disarms. Every run is different but it works.

I would not try this with heroes that have less than 60% defense. You're going to be taking a lot of punishment, so you want to be tanky.

Hero order: Serendi, Chenny, Jack, Muza, Yeka

Serendi is an absolute must here, because I originally tried this without her and it didn't work out. You need her to remove debuff disarm later on.

If you have Yeka, the run is a breeze because her sleep aoe is big enough to cover multiple targets. She's most useful at the final stretch because of how spread out the Gillans and Jennys are. I'll try to make a team that doesn't require Yeka, but you still need some very well geared heroes to attempt this.

Your main goal is to hopefully have at least Muza and Jack alive when dealing with Azrael and at least one other hero. Azrael's regen is insane and if you can't out damage it, you're screwed.

Lost Island: Chenny, Muang, Nirvana

Chenny

Secx posted:

Chenny Island 3

I'm able to do auto-battle and auto-retry while using a lvl 1 Chenny to soak in some XP. My setup in order:

Jack (18)
Krut (52)
Chenny (or anyone that you want to soak XP)
Raskeria (37)
Reina (6)

All 5* except Chenny. The goal is to kill both paper mobs in one turn without Jack. Here's how things go down for me:

Jack will move to the defense tile. Krut will then kill the left most mob in one shot or bring it low enough that a cooperative attack between Krut/Chenny will kill it. Rask/Reina will then kill the right paper mob by themselves. Once both paper mobs are dead, Jack will be able to move towards a Chenny and solo kill both of them by himself. It's usually over by turn 9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDi9Y-k992c

Event Characters: Muzaka, Krut, Raizel, Reina, Banshee, Deimos

Krut

For New Players:

Iunnrais posted:

Incidentally, Krut first debuted when I was a newbie too, and I was able to get him, so it is possible. The trick is to rush the story to unlock Jack, then use Krut 1 to level your team (I think I used Carrot, Jack, Mas, Kai, and someone else from the newbie pool I can't remember who anymore). It won't actually be that long before your team can win Krut 2. And Krut 2 can unlock Krut if you're a dedicated enough grinder.

You probably won't be able max Krut's skills this month, but do yourself a favor and start by maxing his 1st skill. It hits like a loving truck, and is darn cheap to max.

Banshee

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/51p85j/lost_island_banshee_discussion_megathread/

Deimos

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/51pcjy/library_in_the_sky_tyrants_audience_chamber/

Wyrmthang posted:

With Bathory, though I think someone mentioned this earlier, to get around his annoying immune to everything but a regular #1 melee attack you can seal the buff that gives him that immunity with Celestial. Let him run down the way twice, he'll nail the main guy once or twice and then be in range for all your boys to blammo him. Just make sure Celestial goes first, seal Bathory, and then he drops like a beyotch.

Edit: my party is 5* (though not very high lvl) Celestial (lvl 15), Reina (lvl 45) (Maxed skills), Jenny (lvl 35) (Maxed skills), Rage (lvl 5) (0 genes), Rask (lvl 39)

NinjaDebugger posted:

For those who haven't learned this: If you can get to Deimos in his library stage, you can absolutely beat him. Take a Krut mercenary with you, along with your own Krut or Lena. On turn 14, make sure Krut is within running distance of the place where Deimos will spawn. On turn 15, move him to be exactly diagonal from Deimos and use his third skill to immobilize (same position for Lena). If Deimos cannot move from his starting position, he won't attack at all unless someone is directly in front of him. As long as you keep that lane open, attacking on the diagonal, you can use Krut or Lena to keep him there indefinitely (alternate immobilize with inaction or first skill, as necessary) while the rest of your team mops up the mobs and then run down to help finish him off.

Additional Resources

Reddit Fantasy War Tactics: https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/

Barsark's FWT youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCXK4rAydE-C2LQAhlryUKUg?videos

Reyson's youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCRP6Kwx3M3_yZyFWrirbyHg

Vahn ManX FWT youtube guides: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uB9yzexlbA

:black101:Goon Hall of Honour:black101:
in which we follow in the footsteps of our gamefaqs ancestors

NinjaDebugger for continual excellence in posting and quantitative analysis. And for running SwdOfLowtax

Somefool for continual excellence in posting and quantitative analysis. And for translations from Korean.

Time-Police for running Overflowtax

:ghost:The Departed:ghost:

van fem posted:

I'm just moving on from the game. I've fully cleared Tower of Dawn every month, but the gimmicks aren't terribly endearing. PVP is boring. I've max level'ed and skilled the characters I care about.

So I figure I might as well enable a newer player to enjoy the game without the months of grinding I put in.

We honor van fem for his quantitative analysis and for donating his account.

Superschaf posted:

I've burned out on the game. If you want to skip the grind and to the endgame, speak up and I'll pm you the account details as per van fem's request when he gave me the account.

We honor Superschaf for donating his account.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 15, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I made the mistake of getting my two legendary swords to +10, a 1 star and a 2 star. That by itself ate like 350k gold. Then I realized that upgrading commons turns them into rares and so forth and so on. I could have gotten my entire A team's set to +7 if I hadn't. That was frustrating to say the least and I felt like a dumbass.

In other news, Deborah's gene costs on her third ability are frankly ridiculous. It's going to take a million years to get it to lvl 10.

kontona
May 3, 2003

thanks for the writeups!

been playing this for the past few days and having a lot of fun with it.

syndran
Sep 6, 2004
Any recommendations for farming gold? I run out of gold before refining mats.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Where can I change the Hero I send out to my friends?

Also, great OP, thanks for the effort!

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
Been playing this game since the soft launch began and here are my brief thoughts:

The gameplay is very solid. This actually feels like a AAA SRPG in the same vein as Final Fantasy Tactics. The story isn't amazing, but it's surprisingly okay for a mobile game. The variety of characters you can have on your team in this game is actually quite huge. The only problem is, most players will quit before ever recruiting even 1/4 of those characters.

Every single update to this game has made the game considerably more grindy and more pay-to-win. From when soft launch started compared to now, it will take you roughly 4 times longer to recruit any character into your team and trying to rebirth them into a higher tiered unit has become a herculean task at the upper levels. There's not only an energy system but there's also an extremely inconvenient victory count system now which will not allow you to run a stage more than 3 times a day.

So a common scenario: you reach late game and have to farm 800 genes to recruit a hero. They gutted the way genes were rewarded so instead of potentially getting 8-12 genes a run, you're now getting 2-4, and you can only run that stage 3 times per day. So in ~100 days you'll finally receive that character if you commit to grinding the same stage over and over and over and over and over again every day. Most people will get bored of the game by then.

If the IAP in the game are reasonable, I don't really mind shelling out $20 every now and then. At first I thought the IAPs in this game were relatively okay despite the fact that premium currency crept into nearly every single facet of gameplay. Gems are required to refresh energy, refresh victory counts, roll for premium gear, purchase gold, retry a level after you wipe, end an expedition early, retrieve extra mana from the laboratory etc. The list goes on.

When I started playing I was oddly okay with all that because the game was really fun, didn't feel too grindy, and gems were easy to come by. You could accomplish almost anything a paying player could if you just spaced out your playing sessions, participated in PvP, and used your energy intelligently. I guess the developers realized this and made the game a ridiculous grind to encourage players to buy more gems but the only noticeable effect I've seen has been the mass exodus of its player base.

Underneath Nexon's greed is a very good strategy RPG, but that greed has absolutely killed this game for me and for most of the top players. I honestly feel sorry for any brand new player who didn't get a head start from when the grind was actually manageable.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Pretty much my view on it. It was neat starting out but the Nexon grind gets very apparent very fast. I have zero faith in it ever getting better as Nexon are some greedy motherfuckers and this game's giving me some DFO flashbacks (DFO's back, but Neople isn't trying to fleece people as blatantly as Nexon did).

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Set Information

***Opinions subject to change. Ask in thread***

Team Boosting Sets

NinjaDebugger posted:

Shadow corps (and other team boosting sets) are surprisingly good in guild raid. Like, even goddamn Here Comes the Gnome is getting use as people try to eke out every little bit of damage they can. Also, I've got +13 armor/ring from shadow corps on my BOH Krut because it provides the last bump he needs to hit 100% crit rate.

Wilderness Desperado 3*

NinjaDebugger posted:

Depends on where you are in the game. Desperado is not an amazing set all on its own, it's in combination with other sets that it shines. If you've got nothing else, throw it on Mu, who gets stronger as your other guys get killed. Then, when she's the last one standing, and has a boatload of bonus attack, HP, and crit damage from her passive, desperado will kick in and make her start dodging a bunch and also give her a giant attack boost. This can give you a boost in autoing stages you might not otherwise be able to, and in tower of dawn.

She doesn't heal herself, so you'll want to give her as much regen as you can from sets and item potentials.

For guild raid, it's used with Krut or Muzaka, in conjunction with gold tiger, to make a single absurdly durable and hard hitting unit to wreck today's raid boss. You run fragile people like Lee, Dominique, and Zero with one of them, and when everybody else drops dead, that one guy goes super saiyan and starts doing absurd amounts of damage.

Sunset Sheriff 4*

NinjaDebugger posted:

If you are serious at all about guild raid, Sunset Sheriff is indisputably the best 4 star set for your Lee. Barring that, though, it's strictly a PVE set, since it gives no turn 1 bonus, and doesn't grow on any turn you don't use a skill.

Ghost Step

NinjaDebugger posted:

Deimos and Krut are both bonkers with it.

Legendary Ranger & Brushing Wind

Re: Legendary Ranger

NinjaDebugger posted:

Hahaha, oh man. I am laughing SO HARD right now, you don't even know. Mainly because this was literally everybody's reaction to that set for AGES, including mine, until I conceived and built Project Valkyrie, and now dodge builds are all over the top of Battle of Honor.

So here's the deal. With good choice of item potentials, it is -really easy- to hit 30% dodge on anybody who has even a decent inherent dodge, and it can be done even on characters with lovely dodge with a little care and some supplementary sets. This is important for two reasons:

1) 2000 dodge will take you from 30% to 40%+ dodge, and 40% dodge is enough to enable Brushing Wind, a 4 star bow/armor/brooch set that gives +1500 defense and -10% damage taken.
2) In PVE, most enemies have single digit hit rates, giving you a 35% or higher chance of avoiding 100% of damage and effects, while in PVP, most people run in the 20% range for hit rating, giving you a 1 in 5 or better chance of dodging all damage and effects.

On characters with really high defense, the defense you lose from swapping in Legendary Ranger and grabbing a bunch of Defense -> Dodge conversions on your accessories is on the order of 2-3%. Meanwhile, 20% or more of the time, you ignore 100% of damage. Trading 2-3% damage reduction for 20% average damage reduction is a REALLY GOOD TRADE.

You will spend a BUNCH of mod pots doing this, but we're drowning in mod pots right now, since every event store, which has been a monthly thing for ages, is giving 5 mod pots per level per day. The reason you will spend a bunch of mod pots is that to make this work the best way, you're going to actually be using all 4 slots on your armor, which on this character should be %HP, %Defense, -%Damage Taken, and %Dodge, all orange or purple. Then, on your accessories, you put Defense -> Dodge conversions, and since you're still building primarily for defense, that 10,000 defense is becoming another pile of dodge. If you do this on Valkyrie, even without Brushing Wind, she is a goddamn house. With it... Project Valkyrie actually beat people in the top 10 on her own the first week or so, before the meta shifted so that the top 10 runs WAY more hit rate now.

Basically what I'm saying is you lucked into one of the best 3 star sets in the game, one that sees significant play in the top 10 in spite of not being Beast Rain or an equivalent thereof. Treasure that poo poo.

Ultimate Weapon Gold Tiger

Somefool posted:

Yes and depending on the hero you put it on, it's usually a free win against most people in PvP because the AI is dumb as bricks.

The top picks for it is: Belle, Muzaka, Valk, and Nox.

Although I don't recommend Belle if you don't have Outer Space on her.

You should win against tougher PvP opponents by purposely letting your GT hero sit in the back until the rest of your team is dead. The AI isn't smart enough to go heroes who could potentially be wearing GT.

NinjaDebugger posted:

If you're going to do gold tiger Val, you want to pump her HP, defense, and regen as high as possible.

Skip the outer space if you have a set that's going to grant a bundle of HP to her. At 3 star you're looking for things like High Human Guardian (regen) and I Perfom the Surgery (HP). At 1 star, Crusader's Path or Rebel Army Supply, or a lesser equivalent. You absolutely don't want aggro on her. At 4 star there are all kinds of sets that will give a bundle of bonus HP. Then, once Gold Tiger triggers, you will have an absurd amount of attack and regeneration, and will have been healed by half your HP or more by the trigger, so you'll immediately go back to max defense, a pretty big attack, and can just start hitting people with your first attack to regenerate 40,000 HP a pop.

Muzaka is a better candidate for outer space, and you can do honestly almost anything with him once you have gold tiger on. Just slap your best available sets on and go to town.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 15, 2016

kontona
May 3, 2003

need help building my team. so far i have kai, sraka, mas, alfred, ian, chris, deborah, carrot, lance and jenny. out of these who should i level up? i'd rather not waste resources on characters that might not be useful later.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
I've been looking for a Final Fantasy Tactics like game and thought this would be cool, but already I'm at a point where I have to grind a level 8 times to unlock a character and can only do the level 3 times a day. It was nice while it lasted but I deleted it :/

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Hey Helical Nightmares, thanks for the info.

By the way, I think you forgot to link the Google Docs friends list.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000

Solkanar512 posted:

I can dig that up in the am too but really now that I know there's no guild type stuff (yet?) I'd recommend just adding everyone in chat that says "add me". Then culling people over a day since login with someone else to give you friend points.

Just saying add me in chat will get you a ton of requests too.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Solkanar512 posted:

Indeed!

Good catch. Corrections and suggestions to the OP are appreciated. I'll likely do it on weekends until I move on to another game. Double checking math is always appreciated.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Literally just blew 45K gold on failing to get a +9 one star item to a +10. :negative:

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
There's a gene event today on Tezen that's just DUMPING hero genes out for Deborah, Carrot and Slate. I've gotten up to 8 per round, basically anywhere from 2-8 on the 6 rounds of Hard/Hell which was way more than I usually get. Definitely recommend jumping on that, I didn't know the gene events gave that much.

I've got 7 guys up to 3 star so far, the rebirth mat change has been hugely helpful w/ that. So far Kai, Carrot, Alfred, Jenny, Deb, Mas and Chris are 3 stars w/ Sraka, Lance and Serendi getting closer. That said, hard Vulcan is still kicking my butt, along with normal Foose. Gotta grind more I guess.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Campbell posted:

There's a gene event today on Tezen that's just DUMPING hero genes out for Deborah, Carrot and Slate. I've gotten up to 8 per round, basically anywhere from 2-8 on the 6 rounds of Hard/Hell which was way more than I usually get. Definitely recommend jumping on that, I didn't know the gene events gave that much.

I've got 7 guys up to 3 star so far, the rebirth mat change has been hugely helpful w/ that. So far Kai, Carrot, Alfred, Jenny, Deb, Mas and Chris are 3 stars w/ Sraka, Lance and Serendi getting closer. That said, hard Vulcan is still kicking my butt, along with normal Foose. Gotta grind more I guess.
I'm enjoying the game but that last sentence is why I'm debating just giving up on the grind.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
At what point does the game get fun? I'm okay with grinding but so far every fight has been pitifully one dimensional.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
If it's not clicking with you probably bail out. For whatever reason, I'm still enjoying seeing what my guys can auto, buffing their skills and gear, and pushing the other levels I manually play to unlock new dudes. The next goal for me is to unlock both a bird and a wolf that appear to have no boobs whatsoever.

I'm sure the one star versions will have giant ones though :/

Also I'd say the game is getting more strategic which is pretty cool but maybe I'm just losing my mind.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
This game has more grind than Disgaea and packs said grind in to 1/20th the content. I know it's a Nexon game but come on. :(

Rocket Man
May 2, 2007

One of these days, Alice ... BANG! ZOOM! Straight to the moon!

O__O posted:

I've been looking for a Final Fantasy Tactics like game and thought this would be cool, but already I'm at a point where I have to grind a level 8 times to unlock a character and can only do the level 3 times a day. It was nice while it lasted but I deleted it :/

Ayup. I appear to have just hit the "now you grind FOREVER" plateau myself; I was hoping the forums would have anti-grind tips.

Have you found any other FFT-like games? I'm always on the lookout ...

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Honestly, I think the right way is to just pace yourself. Get your A team and just progress. Sure, do a few SS runs for their genes to level their stuff. Just put it on Auto and let the magic happen.

As long as you have cleared a mission with SS once, no matter how bad you do on a rerun, it will always give you SS from that point onwards. So for gene farming, it's totally OK to put it on Auto. Play the actual missions that are progressing you instead. You don't have to SS everything, although it's definitely nice for the Expedition bonuses.

Do Battles too. Fighting against another player's squad can be pretty interesting, and the PvP rewards are actually pretty decent in both the Arena and Dimensional Breakthrough.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

My arena matchmaking is basically always like 5 dudes who are a fair bit stronger than me. Should i just be using swords to tank my rating?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
"The Game" for me at this point is Dimensional Breakthrough. Trying to manage a 2* group of units to take down or critically damage one 4* unit. Using my A team to sweep up a weakened enemy team.

Been observing the AI. It's good but it doesn't take into account everything. For example the AI will try to attack a favorable facing, going behind or to the side of a unit for increased damage. However it has a habit of blowing a unit's most powerful skills when it has the mana, even if there is only one enemy targeted. Also it doesn't seem to take into account damaging terrain at all, frequently putting an enemy unit (or yours :( ) on lava or thornbushes only to have the unit die from terrain damage the next turn.

So in Dimensional Breakthrough I try to use Chris (Defender) as the "bait" unit by being the unit closest to the enemy line. Then I arrange the remaining units around where I think the AI will attack Chris, so when Chris attacks the next round, I get the maximum number of cooperative attacks.

AI is real good at coordinating attacks though. So that part of the script is pretty robust in my non technical purely observational opinion.

Campbell posted:

Also I'd say the game is getting more strategic which is pretty cool but maybe I'm just losing my mind.

Taking down the phoenix is pretty tactically intense. If you haven't encountered them already, there are also portals around some maps which the enemy will use as well. If you haven't got the Lost Island to open up, that's another tactical permutation. You have to beat the Pyro boss while managing a bunch of minions that spawn in infinitely on a timer. Then when the boss gets down to 35% hp, 5 more minions warp in. Somehow I managed to beat it once when I pressed auto and then rescued the team from wiping by playing manual to the end. When I tried to manual play the entire stage I got crushed. Not sure what the AI did for me.

Right now my Kai is almost level 50 3*. Trying to get the largest bracelets (Golem Pieces; I need 6) to drop from like level 4 of the Red dungeon (Grand Corridor). All advice appreciated. :shrug:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 22, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I downloaded this game yesterday and have been having a lot of fun. It's nice to have a korean phone game where I have to do something, and the story mode is honestly a bit charming to me in its absurdity.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Searching Reddit turned up some more information.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/3tnpav/stat_analysis_guide/

Stat Analysis Guide

by sooma239

quote:

Fantasy war tactics

Hello Fantasy War Tacticians! I'm Sooma, been playing since the beta and I've noticed a disturbing lack of information/guides so I decided to write one! Hope you enjoy it!

So When building a character the most important choice is what type of weapon armor and accessory to use. So this is an analysis of stats so you can decide what kind of character you want to build. This guide will give info on what the stats do, who needs them and what.

First of all Lets look at the basic items.

For weapons you have from most base Att to least:

* Hammer - Att/counter damage
* Sword - Att/Hit
* Bow - Att/Crit

Armor from most base hp to least:
* Shield - Hp/counter rate
* BattleArmor - Hp/def
* Boots - Hp/dodge

Accessories:
* Brooch Hp/def
* Necklace Att/mastery
* Ring Crit/Hit

Sub stats

Now when you enhance an item the item gains sub stats. A few important things to note on sub stats.

--You might have an item that gives +20 dodge or another item that gives +2.2% dodge. The 2.2% is applied to the equipped units TOTAL DODGE. So if you have 2000 dodge on a unit the +2.2% dodge will bring that to 2044 dodge.

--Same for something like "Increases crit rate by .5% of defense" if your unit has 2000 defense the equipped unit will gain 10 crit rate.

--This is why you can see your stats in % or flat points because the math works in flat points and is then converted to percentages for use in game.

--Most of the flat points like hit rate/crit rate mastery is just moving the decimals over a few places, but it is different for dodge and defense, I have the equations for those down below.

Now for the main meat of the guide, a break down and analysis of stats

Crit rate

Critical strike is a no brainer, if you have a unit with lots of attack and good multipliers on their skills then build critical strike for massive damage. If you are wondering why some build hit rate instead of crit rate on Deborah, it's because crit doesn't apply to DoTs.

Counter rate/damage

This is a big one that is pretty unique to fantasy war tactics and I think many are wondering how useful this stat is. Lets start out with what it does, whenever a character is targeted by an attack within range of their first skill they have a chance to use their first skill in retaliation.

--The equations for counter rate and counter damage are straight forward, 100 points or counter rate and counter damage = 1% counter rate or counter damage

So the big question is when do you choose counter rate/damage equipment?
(A big thing to note is that counter rate will replace either defense or dodge, so don't build it on a unit that isn't naturally super tanky!)

Lets look at the two situations in pvp, when you are attacking vs when you're attacked

--Defense with counter build For pvp defense team, I don't advise counter builds. Skilled players won't place their unit within the attack range of your units first skill, severely diminishing counter opportunities. (think carrot vs jack, she will just move a space back before every attack and he will never counter in a 1v1). That's not to say that it's useless, if an enemy doesn't have long ranged attacks or is out of mana and only has a 1 space 1st skill; counter will still help but it won't be as effective. Units's with insane range on their first skill (like Nox) are the exception to this.Seriously, Nox is pretty much built to use counter no matter what the situation.

--Offense with counter build
Counter is much more useful here because units like Deborah won't move a space away from you if she's already in range of an attack. However in pvp the AI tends to use the 3rd skill first and most units that are used in pvp have a lot of burst damage(example people who use kai for pvp max his 3rd skill first). Counter doesn't do well vs high burst damage because your unit will die before getting many counters off and it would be better to have defensive stats to survive until the enemy runs out of mana or until your attackers can finish them off. The second thing that makes counter unreliable in pvp is that it's unreliable. If you're trying to disable that deborah before she melts your team, you want to be able to cc her or kill her, and hit rate or crit rate will achieve that much better than her going back and forth with her high damage aoe(or maybe she'll move 3 spaces to the right and start attacking the rest of your team since AI tends to switch targets when they see a chance to hit multiple targets)

The verdict; counter isn't useless in pvp but it's effectiveness is diminished. However, there are ways to increase the effectiveness if you really are set on counter builds, building a team that focuses on reducing movement so your team can't be kited (lance and Alfred) and there is at least 1 unit with good 1st skills that work well with pvp counter, Nox has a passive that works with counter and his first skills range is the same as carrots 3rd skill, so he can't really be kited and his passive that heals him based on his damage acts as a defensive stat.

Pvp counter Tldr: One way or another, people just don't let your units counter in pvp, either by avoiding their 1st skill or bursting them down

PvE Counter build: This is where counter shines, if you have 3-4 enemies attack one of your units every turn they will have many opportunities to counter. Though if you pick items that give counter damage/counter rate you sacrifice either defense or dodge so you want to build it on a unit that has natural defenses(bearman, jack, chris)

Hit Rate
When is hit rate important? Given that dodge prevents charm/immobilize/stun/any other status effect from going through you especially want more hit rate on units that apply status effects like Alfred/serenity and also units like jack, his 3rd skill makes him less reliant on high attack and he has an abysmal base hit rating.

Mastery
This stat found on accessories (for those who are lucky enough to have them) increases your minimum damage by 1% for every 100 points up to a maximum of 10,000 points(100% mastery), every 200 points of mastery increases your units average damage by 1%. If your mastery is 60% then your average damage is 80% ((60+100)/2), 400 points will increase your mastery by 4% and average damage by 2%

Tldr: Mastery increases average damage by 1% for every 200 points until the unit's mastery reaches 10,000 points and then mastery does nothing because 10,000 is the cap.

Defense
The equation for damage reduction gained from defense increase is:

(Base Defense + (X/(65+(X/100))) where X=bonus defense points from items.

This is independent from base stats meaning 100 points on Carrot will give the same amount of defense reduction as 100 points of defense on Bearman. HOWEVER, this means that as far as effective hp, defense is more effective on units that already have high base defense. The equation is very similar to dodge meaning that, if a unit has high base defense it is better to build more defense, if they have higher base dodge build dodge.

Tldr: Build defense on units with high base defense

Dodge

The equation for dodge chance is basically the exact same as defense but point for point it is a little less effective. Though it makes up for that because not only does dodge avoid damage from an attack, it also avoids status effects like charm/stun/immobilize!

(X/(74+(X/100))) where X = bonus dodge points from items
Works the same as defense, works better on units that have higher dodge, but too much dodge starts to lose effectiveness.

Tldr:Build dodge on units with high dodge

effective hp

For you math lovers this is the equation I used for effective hp that determined that it is more effective to build defense on a unit that already has high base defense vs lower base defense and dodge vs lower base dodge

Effective hp = [Hit points](100/((100-[base defense percentage])-((X/65)+(X/100)))

Effective hp = [Hit points](100/((100-[base dodge percentage])-((X/74)+(X/100)))

If you have done any testing for things like if +100 damage potentials is reduced by defense let me know! I hate testing that sort of thing!!

Re: Muang (Pyro)

quote:

The secret to this guy (and all giant bosses) is JACK. Muang has over 300k HP, so guess what that means? That upgraded third skill of Jack's does 10% of HIS TOTAL HP. You shoudl be able to get 3 in a row off without any mana problems. Then just use chris jenny sraka to keep him chain stunned and through in carrot for her skill 1 % hp dmg to help with enrage. I SS'd first mission and got to half hp before the minions annihlated my units on the second. (only rocking 3 stars, no money spent)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I somehow got up to Company without realizing I could upgrade individual skills of heroes. That's neat.

My current pve team is Sraka, Kai, Chris, Carrot, and Deborah. Is Jenny worth getting to replace anyone with, or can I hold off on her for now?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Did something happen to this game? Downloaded it a few days ago, forgot about it, booted it up today, said it had to update, update page says the game is incompatible with my phone (which is relatively newish?) and after uninstalling the game, it doesn't appear on the app store anymore to reinstall.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
It is under some kind of maintenance right now. Maybe that is loving something up on your phone.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The latest patch is live, and they cranked up the daily gem rewards while also lowering what it takes to get them.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Archenteron posted:

Did something happen to this game? Downloaded it a few days ago, forgot about it, booted it up today, said it had to update, update page says the game is incompatible with my phone (which is relatively newish?) and after uninstalling the game, it doesn't appear on the app store anymore to reinstall.

It won't work on mine either, says its incompatible, and I am running off a 5 month of phone. So yeah, they might have broken comparability with the update. Which sucks a lot.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Black Friday deals apparently. With the 20% off on Lord costumes, I was able to nab the Black Mage one. Hero costumes are upwards of 50% off, but I didn't have enough leftover for one, sadly.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
I'm trying to figure out who all is worth using. I don't know if I should invest time into leveling up Serendi?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
They also made the Nephthys dungeon easier and you can run all sections every day now.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

The Mattybee posted:

I'm trying to figure out who all is worth using. I don't know if I should invest time into leveling up Serendi?

I'm not sure how useful a HoT is in this game, but she has a Charm, and in my experience Charm is the best CC by far. (When Alfred's 2 charms 3 things it's beautiful.)

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
This drat game. I just learned that you can increase your 20 person friend limit using red gems.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I've been screwing around in this game on and off for a bit. It's starting to get real grindy, so who knows how long I'll be staying around. But Serendi is pretty good. The HoT is garbage but it also cleanses debuffs from the main target, which includes the control-impairing ones. The charm nuke is great as long as you're not counting on it (the proc is too low for that, at least without leveled skills) and her mobility problems are mostly gone once you get her fourth skill.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So folks might want to check in, I found my mailbox absolutely loaded with free equipment pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Same. Only got 2-3 things worth using but it was a shitload of Tenzen(?) clear rewards.

• Locked thread