Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Eldritch
Eldrit
Eld
Eldra
Eldrazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Contraptions wizards please.

Weird hybrid totem armor artifact creature contraptions please wizards.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lancelot posted:

Tarkir was a pretty good block, but they really screwed themselves over by caring too much about what flavour said design could or couldn't do. Like, they couldn't design any common dragons because flavour told them there were no baby dragons? Who gives a poo poo, honestly.

Then just make a common adult dragon. Jeez.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

80s James Hetfield posted:

Lol why is Control Magic in this set?

Good draft card

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Moral of the magic story: If someone makes you mad dont imprison them kill them because otherwise theyre gonan gently caress eveyrthing up

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Johnny Landmine posted:

I'll admit I was really hoping for some lower-key Shadow Over Innsmouth-style "local" horror with humans that flip into Merfolk Horrors or something, rather than jumping right up to Emrakul herself for the big bad, but I do love how Eldrazi are finally Scary As poo poo rather than simply being Big As poo poo.

Plus it evokes all manner of Cthuluisms so it fits the planes flavor well

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

New Thalia is a great sideboard card

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lone rider + Lightning Helix :radcat:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Someone photoshop Warf from star trek on that card pls ty

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Corpse Churn was nothing special (didn't bring back lands)

Yeah grapples is servicable but nothing special

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

God the flavor department can make really cool build up but cant for the life of them make a good finale.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm not sure i understand why she is green

Top thing is GU
Middle thing is UW

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

The story beats from the Innistrad Art Book (via some dude on MTGS)

* Arlinn Kord teams up with the vampires dealing with the threats in the woods.

* Thalia and her order of Saint Traft use the power of the geists of slain cathar to help repel the eldrazi.

* Sigarda and her horde of humans try to stop Brisela and her horde of eldrazi angels. Sigarda wins when Brisela tries to meld with her and she strikes from within. Which I guess means she pulls a Vegito from the Majin Buu arc.

* Sorin (and Olivia Voldaren) and Nahiri have a showdown at Markov Mannor.

* Nahiri tells him he has to sacrifice himself like she did on Zendikar. Sorin thinks that Innistrad is beyond salvation and that he is there to end her once and for all before leaving Innistrad for good. Nahiri gets upset over his reaction and uses her full power to battle him, Sorin wins in the end. Olivia gets mad when she realises Sorin has no intention of trying to get rid of Emrakul and turns on him to make him go along with Nahiri's "die for Innistrad" plan. When Sorin is about to kill Nahiri, Olivia decides to stop him so Nahiri can use her power again to send Emrakul elsewhere, but Sorin kills Olivia instead. Nahiri then seals Sorin into a stone prison saying that he has no other choice now but to stay and die with his plane. Nahiri planeswalks away after she locks Sorin and before Emrakul is trapped, with a creepy smile on her face. She's basically insane and talks to herself now.

* The Jacetice League seals Emrakul in the moon.

Thats actually sweet

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

she had a creepy grin!!! thats apparently all it takes

mtg writing at its finest

I mean she also interacted with emrakul, which can have that effect.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im a little surprised Imprison in the Moon isn't a white enchantment, but its really a polymorph-y kind of enchantment so it fits well enough. A better conclusion to the story than "And then we burned them and they died the end"

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Bugsy posted:

There are no returning mechanics in kaladesh.

assemble :speculate:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Target self, name "relentless rats" :supaburn:

E: oh doesnt work, only draws when exiled from hand, rdfc :negative:

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 8, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I was wrong, read my edit. It only draws when it exiles a card from hand.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Weird card

A super ham fisted donate in green that will usually work against you? ok I guess.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

It's not even a donate since they can just choose not to take it.

rofl I didnt even realize.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Markovnikov posted:

Why was mana burn ever a thing to begin with? As you said, there is no precedent for it really. Was it in the rules from the very beggining?

It was originally conceived as a thing for balance I believe. Thats why cards like Braid of Fire exist. It was, however, very poor at balancing anything.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lets Pickle posted:

I've heard that you can crew Vehicles with other Vehicles, but it turns out you can crew Vehicles with themselves, as long as they are untapped and have already been crewed that turn. Why would you do this? Mainly to save your Vehicle by casting Select for Inspection on it. If your opponent uses a kill spell on your Vehicle before you try to attack with it, or you were going to block and they try kill it or have a combat trick after you block with it, you can paradoxically cram a train into itself in order to tap it so you can bounce it.

For epic mtgo self pranks

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

BJPaskoff posted:

I really like red's "draw a card, sort of, but use it or lose it this turn!" mechanic.

Same, and Im waiting for a goblin looter that taps to do this.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

E: nevermind, also I doubleposted because I struggled to explain what I meant.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 7, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Sestze posted:

As for a guy that says T: Do a thing that'd give me card advantage, I don't think wizards thinks that's "red" enough. Most of red's card advantage comes at an immediate downside (tormenting voice, desperate gamble), or is short term in nature (the aforementioned stuff). Having it be a planned event makes it less spontaneous and therefore less red-feeling.

I didnt mean card advantage though.

Basically this card
http://magiccards.info/query?q=rummaging+goblin&v=card&s=cname
except discard a card to do the chandra red draw thing instead of just gaining a card. Merfolk looter but with the red draw thing instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

hahaha

• Locked thread