Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elyv posted:

that reservoir is hilarious

The blue and black ones seem really good. The red and white ones seem pretty mediocre. Looking back at the green one it's probably alright and it gets better if you need energy.

The reservoir is indeed hillarious. Too bad it won't be around with Whisperwood Elemental and Mastery of the Unseen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elyv posted:

what weird, bizarre templating.

It's so that if they save it with protection or by making it indestructible you don't gain the life.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elyv posted:

look at the top 4 cards of your library, put a card named Mana Crypt into your hand and put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

rabidsquid posted:

wotc are already huge pieces of poo poo that will go up to super secret rarity nine and they wont give a poo poo and literally none of the people will quit playing over it

Anyone complaining about Duel Terminal Ultra Parallel Rare Promos of cards being slipped into packs is an idiot.

Unless they want to argue about general limited balance in which case I might hear them out.

Lookin' at you Expedition Kor Haven.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Ashiok has a mouth.

Also,

Basically Vines without kicker.

Or the ability to be a Green Counterspell.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's instant, it can be a green counterspell

I meant in that weird way that Vines can be, where your opponent goes to pump their stuff and you cast Vines to counter it.

You are correct though. That was just the first thought through my head.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I can't wait to take my buddy to the LGS to teach him to play the game, have him stick around for the midnight pre-release, and then watch him open a Sword while I open nothing.

I'm being completely serious here.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

A worse Bonesplitter. That I'll still probably play in Limited.

quote:

You're not my Whirler Rogue!

Since when did Red get Trained Armodon with Haste?

quote:

I don't know what can be done with this card but I'm sure there's something cool waiting somewhere.

quote:

OOH BOY! I've always wondered "What would happen if Selesnya Guildmage could poo poo out Voice of Resurgence tokens?"

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Brownhat posted:

I love the pros downplaying the significance of these invites. One went to the best performing GP player of the year, the other two went to people who were the best at a given format AT THE PRO TOUR. All three of those invites are difficult to achieve, just ask Tomoharu Saito.

Brad Nelson posted:

But Hayne in isn't better for the game. It just pushes entitlement. He could have worked harder.

He's literally complaining that this guy didn't grind as much as him.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Can someone explain this to me?

These decks are the same price as old Intro decks right?

Why do people think the Nissa tutor (that only searches for the bad Intro deck Nissa) is worth anything?

I assume they just can't read.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

C-Euro posted:

I want to copy a counterspell with this and then use the copy to counter the original. Don't ask why.

Redirecting the counterspell to itself is probably the cooler play.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

BJPaskoff posted:

A spell is never a legal target for itself. People trying to get cute and do this on MTGO are going to get so salty when their spell does nothing because they chose the wrong mode.

You're right. The trick was to redirect the counterspell to the Redirect. :doh:

Corner case rules. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Tokens!

I love Tokens.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

80s James Hetfield posted:

I think it's due to Fanatic having haste so even though the artifacts have haste they can't attack unless they're crewed.

But I agree, Copter has a home in there. I picked up 4 before they spike.

The creature doesn't need haste to Crew a vehicle. You tap the creature as a cost on the artifact not as an ability the creature has.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Someone went to the Vintage world championships with a deck consisting of nothing but lands and variants on the card Grizzly Bears. I could definitely imagine someone bringing it to troll, and if they did it would cause legitimate logistical issues.

e: for the record they managed to win one game, ironically vs a Hatebears deck.

Does anyone have the image with the trip report for this? It deserves to be read.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
So I guess Chandra, the Flame Sculptor is gonna be the next Nissa, Worldwaker where it ordered really high and then tanked hard because basically nothing will actually play it? :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

AlternateNu posted:

I still haven't decided whether this Jim Davis video is more or less pathetic than that stupid "getting pros to cry with gotcha questions" video they had a few months ago.

Is it just Jim Davis staring at the camera in absolute stone-faced silence for a solid minute?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Snacksmaniac posted:

I think, if the price is right, this is a great idea because you're covered for the season. But I don't know what these go for anymore. I know when I was selling a lot of cards, they seemed to go for peanuts.

Looks like $30-50 is the going rate for a 4x Common/Uncommon lot.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Sickening posted:

Yep, pretty much. The exceptions are guys like Todd stephens who despite him trying to play and entire second day with the flu, wouldn't be caught dead trying to argue a loving rip trigger. I also doubt Tom Ross would either.

What a beautiful thing it would be for Tom to beat out boohoogland in the last event. That is what SCG should be making videos over, not these dumb Jim Davis videos.

Honestly if SCG took all of their "Pros" and made ridiculous wrestling style "I'm comin' for you Hulk Hogan Boss Ross!" call-out promos instead of what they usually do they'd be worth watching on that alone.

Do the top-8 of the Players Championship as a "Hell-in-a-cell" match. Complete with actual cages coming down over each play area. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lottery of Babylon posted:

That's sunburst, call it sunburst :argh:

Seems like a neat card though, you can cast Progenitus turn 5 off of it with no other ramp.

They don't like Sunburst because it works differently on Creatures and Non-Creatures.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Do people actually play EDH on MTGO in any significant numbers? Because it sounds like the most miserable thing in the world.

Yes

I could go dig up even more videos with more "normal" people playing but I'm lazy.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 26, 2016

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Balon posted:

Went to a 40-team Unified Modern event today! What a fun format, it was amazing. My team was Tron/Infect/BWTokens (me on tokens) and we top 8'd.

NO ONE expected tokens today (rightly so) and when you have 1/3 chance of going up against someone with EE to shut you down. I dom'd Bant spirits AND eldrazi, burn twice, jeskai twice and lost to skred.

Had a great time with my team going 5-2 - will def. play again!

I just want to say I've played Tokens for a while and I've never lost a game to Engineered Explosives. :shrug:

Either they've dropped it on 0 and I just stop dumping bodies on the board and keep wailing on them until they pop it (at which point I can fill the board again pretty quickly) or they've dropped it on 2 to kill my enchantments and I just drown them in bodies.

I have lost games to Anger/Pyroclasm though.

My list is mostly the Modern Event deck + Thoughtseize & Sorin. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Still holding out hope for a Bolas led Not-Legion-of-Doom to combat The Superfriends Gatewatch.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

suicidesteve posted:

Because it will drive Agentsythe nuts.

Sure but eventually they're going to realize that mana reduction is inherently broken and has almost never been done without breaking something. The closest they've come is probably Convoke, which is also one of their best mechanics.

Emerge and <type> Offering are alright I think.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
This set appears to be full of Bears and Pikers.

I'm OK with this.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Welp. This got me to sign up for Massdrop.

Having missed my chance to get one for MSRP at my LGS (my original plan) this is great.

:swoon:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'm surprised they took 2 emotes from Enthralling Victor.

Using every part of good card art.

Chill la Chill posted:

IDK man, $5/month is pretty high for just two emotes. Like, they are really good emotes but man...

Ok a third one is tier 2

I count 5 excellent emotes. :colbert: And Liliana I guess.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lunsku posted:

"Local" 129 player modern event was won by 150 card Scapeshift, eight rounds and top 8. I think that is pretty cool!

Seriously get us a decklist for that Scapeshift deck. It sounds ridiculous and i love it already.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lunsku posted:

The first list:
http://porotour.com/poro-tour-modern-top-8-pakkalistat-2/

Featuring 4x Glittering Wish and a toolbox sideboard to go with it, Madcap Experiment + Platinum Emperion, a set of Bring to Lights. The usual. Among other things.

:swoon: A gifts package too. :swoon:

I love this deck.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Oracle Text posted:

When Shambling Swarm dies, distribute three -1/-1 counters among one, two, or three target creatures. For each -1/-1 counter you put on a creature this way, remove a -1/-1 counter from that creature at the beginning of the next end step.

Was there really no way to make it do it's thing with just "-1/-1(s) until EOT"?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

evilweasel posted:

If the card had +1/+1 counters on it, the loss of those counters is permanent.

Ah, of course. Weird, edge-case functionality. I didn't think about that rule when I read it.

That kind of thing is usually what Magic is all about for me honestly.

Shambling Swarm reprint for Amonkeht plz.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lawnie posted:

Don't look now, but it's about ethics in games journalism again.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Pontius Pilate posted:

New format: only basic lands are legal

Lottery of Babylon posted:

It's called Momir Basic

MoJhoSto

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Do they come in White?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Oh my god.

OUT OF STOCK

NOOOO!

Also no international shipping anyway.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

One with Nothing is like Lion's Eye Diamond.

:laffo:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Count Bleck posted:

Let's face it, Jace is going to be on every counterspell they print from now until forever.

dragon enthusiast posted:

it's okay because now wotc realizes that smug Jace flavor text was improperly characterizing him so now instead you get eternal beta male Jace

:rip: Ertai.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I kinda wish that Vizier said "{T}: Untap target permanent." instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

YggdrasilTM posted:

Basalt Monolith effect in standard! 2 card Combo with Crackdown Construct!

I forgot about Construct. That's a good reason for it to not be able to untap itself.

• Locked thread