Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

How do Magic players function as human beings when seeing a little bit of cleavage sends them into a dither

In a lonely fashion, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

G/W tron vs Abzan.

The switch to white is certainly interesting.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cactrot posted:

According to http://xamleeg.kavu.ru I do best at standard, the format I hate the most :(

That's understandable, you're into formats that require a larger skill set and more thinking than Standard, so naturally you'll be better at a format that involves less of all of that.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Wurzag posted:

Kind of surprised they're doing another conspiracy set, there was literally zero interest at my LGS for the first one.

ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Still wondering about running that Modern with everything unbanned minus Hypergenesis tournament.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh, so that's what's been happening with the Elder Scrolls card game? Absolutely nothing? I was wondering about it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Has anyone pointed out that it doesn't kill Sigarda yet?

I think we need to hit the nail on the head a few more times.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

lmao they changed 220 back to 221

Thrones don't stay empty for long.

Also, that outfit is amazingly gaudy and fitting for the setting.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm glad to hear Kindly Strangers are a common occurrence in Innistrad. I never hear anything good about that place.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Elyv posted:

I think white might actually the second or third most common for villains. Of course, they're still having problems with the whole "black hero" thing.

Speaking of black heroes:

Finn fits the bill in numerous ways. He's a total coward with his first driving motivation being "I want to get my rear end out of here alive" and promptly books it to wherever safety is. Even if that isn't necessarily Magic's black, at no point in the movie is he ever thinking about the greater good in any sense of the word. Not to mention, much of what he does involves marking himself as an individual among a faceless mass, something else black aims to do. He makes multiple attempts to exit stage left wherever possible and when he finally does go in for the heroic rescue, he actively lies to the entire rebel fleet just so he can get his friend back alive because he's a lonely dude. All of that can be considered a perfectly rational form of self centered thinking that happened to, by circumstance, force him into being one of the main two protagonists of the story. That's black pragmatism.

Also he's black. :v:

Feel free to resume your arguing over pies.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

He went black.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Consider this entire page bookmarked.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sickening posted:

I promise that if you form your own opinion of things the boogeyman won't get you.

I do, but I don't feel a need to really say anything until after the entire set is spoiled. When, you know, there will be full context for matters.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Not true, bonfire and terminus were in that set.

Path did mention limited environment. I don't recall either of those being easy to grab at common or uncommon.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The reason why signature dollar stuff is put in place is so people don't just drop their entire collections on you expecting you to sign everything. Or if they do, you at least make a good chunk of money in the process.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

qbert posted:

What happens when you have 2 lands in your hand and you already played your land for the turn?

Also most 6-drops are bombs.

You use the cycling mechanic you got on them. You did think to include cycling lands, right? And this is a massive bomb.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

Lol at everyone being so angry in this thread. Liliana is good and will definitely see play in standard.

Reminder of other planeswalkers that this thread deemed garbage and unplayable when they were spoiled

Ashiok ("Oh boy a mill walker")
Elspeth, Sun's Champion ("too expensive")
Jace, Telepath Unbound ("who would want their merfolk looter to turn into bad snapcaster")
Sorin, Solemn Visitor ("irrelevent abilities")
Chandra, Flamecaller ("not elspeth")

Just thought I'd pop in to say that Ashiok was irrelevant in Standard as most goons predicted with no one really saying anything on Modern where Ashiok actually managed to float as an alternate win condition for a while. Elspeth was generally regarded well by the topic for Standard. Jace was only knocked by the three numerically top posters of the thread while everyone else thought he was moderate or good. Sorin was similarly thought of as quite powerful by the majority of the thread. Chandra got poo poo on though for being a Chandra card though she hasn't seen all that much play anyway.

*fart*

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Actually, it's because Wizards prefers to wait a full two cycles before banning stuff whenever possible to avoid whiplash and being overzealous.

Unbelievable, I know.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

And these legends aren't even half as metal sounding either. :saddowns:

But yeah, this stuff is incredibly lame so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

how exactly do you play the game afterwards, with only 3 lands per deck

Desert cube drafts with 18 to 19 cards per pack instead of the usual 15. It means that, yeah, you'll get enough lands.

• Locked thread