Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The sky split, and the air crackled and roiled. The new Magic: the Gathering Megathread had finally begun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
also why dies BW run Tidehollow Sculler when Brain Maggot is less aggressively costed in a format with less enchantment hate than artifact hate?

e: I'm dumb and tired, one is a bear and one isn't :downs:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
stores make money off tournaments by selling snacks for more than the gas station that's past the stoplight does :unsmigghh:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Oh bollocks, a land I care about :negative:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Now that we're doing Legacy reprints, Wasteland feels flavorful :getin:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
strip mtg leagues :wink:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a permanent drat it, you can't Suspend me! I only Vanish!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
where is the next stupid deck for goons to fawn over and declare standard saved until it sucks agains for a few months

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

(which are kind of in a bad place right now unless they're Jund).

But the best deck in Modern is Fish? :confused:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
every time someone complains about new creatures like Siege Rhino I remember Cloud of Fairies was printed at common

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

suicidesteve posted:

Foil Scrabbling Claws are $50 on TCGPlayer in case anyone was curious.

:psyduck: Why? Because it's a Relic that doesn't nuke your own graveyard?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

JerryLee posted:

Wow, that's the biggest anticlimax ever.

Traditional Games - Magic: The Gathering: wotc storytelling must give me a climax

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

:gary: PARP

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Northjayhawk posted:

No. If the card has a mana symbol written anywhere on it thats not part of your commander's identity, you can't play it. A colorless commander deck can only include lands and other true colorless cards.

fixed

BJPaskoff posted:

Am I the only one so turned off by #mtgfinance that I want to sell my collection and exclusively draft, or even just cube?

idk about you but my erection is going up! up! up! like these graphs

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
lol, managed to win my first game with reality acid after a 15 minute game where at one point I accidentally enchanted one of my own lands (he conceded after I had him in a lock), and then lost the next two games because my turn 1 land game 2 was Azorius Chancery and game 3 I spreading seas'd the Azorius Chancery I used to cast it

:shepicide: I think I'll stick to cardboard

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The LGS I'm playing at, the smaller one that's one room and a counter, is providing a cheap home-cooked food option for Pre-Release.

Four crock pots full of chili dogs :unsmigghh:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
now they just need to ban ensnaring bridge, and merfolk can take its rightful place as the best deck in the format :hb:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Ciprian Maricon posted:

im glad they banned the one deck in the format that asked your opponent to interact with you or consider your possible actions during play and we can all now just sit at a table, play our cards in solemn silence for some turns and then look up and figure out who won

it's not the game's fault you only think at sorcery speed

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Hot Take: Banning 2 unfair decks will make unfair decks even better in Modern.

Counterpoint: you don't introduce snakes to solve a rat problem (if this weren't a metaphor you should just wait for the rats to rotate out)

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
yeah I'm getting out of paper magic before there's nothing left but broken people playing

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Sickening posted:

Because yeah... that online magic makes more sense. :jerkbag:

there are idiots willing to pay thousands of dollars for my cardboard, my pixels are only worth a hundred at most

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

gonadic io posted:

Can you imagine this happening in real life? You swing for lethal and your opponent suddenly announces that they urgently needs the loo and runs off.

I support this

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
what are you talking about, over half of those decks are combo lmbo

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Without an official judge ruling go by the 3E Rulebook

quote:

Does anything ELSE count as :filez:?

No one cares if your miniatures or other wargaming gear was made by the manufacturer or a helpful third party. However, discussing how great your bootleg figs are and where others can get them is right out. Keep it off our forums.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Sigma-X posted:

are we really pretending that like there wasn't common removal in every color that deal with a t2 stalker, turn 3 cleaver, turn 4 suit him up?

silent departure
claustrophobia
dead weight
tragic slip
victim of night
geistflame
prey upon
smite the monstrous

like those are all commons off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more, those are just what I remember from playing the game back then. Granted smite only hits him once he's suited up (maximum tempo play anyways) and silent departure is sub-optimal as a defensive spell but there's other ways to deal with him too, like the various shatter/naturalize effects (ancient grudge and I think actually just naturalize, right?), and then there are uncommons and rares

he was a top line play with cleaver but he wasn't unbeatable.

ugh I hate you

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
OTOH your signed Black Lotus (let's face it, collector's edition) just became an endangered species

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
playing the modern gauntlet and of course Naya Burn with Goyf is 4-0 after I was having lots of fun trying Goryobrand for the first time. Of course my sideboard had 4x Leyline for some godawful reason instead of something useful like removal

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
came back for more, got saddled with Izzet Eldrazi which was hilarious because my first opponent was running the UR control list with Pia & Kiran, Batterskull, and four mainboard Blood Moon. They never missed a drop :shepicide:

(still won bc Reality Smasher is loving aces)

Four Score fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 12, 2016

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Losing the lottery with the Gauntlet is getting that piece of poo poo Abzan deck, which doesn't even have two basic plains to cast Archangel of Thune out of a Blood Moon (hope that for your Bird/Hierarch they don't have Bolt/Electrolyze/Anger/Snapcaster/Izzet Staticaster loving lol!!!) And if you do get out Archangel? Cryptic/Burst Lightning kicked!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

suicidesteve posted:

This. Also I'm attached to the old art because I did play with it. And it's just better.

No it's not

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

suicidesteve posted:

Art is subjective but thanks for your worthless input.

objectively your posts are garbage

Errant Gin Monks posted:

That leaked list on 4chan looks hysterical. So many money cards.

I want the list to be real just because of the possibility of Lin-Sivvi and a bomb Rebels limited deck

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

maybe you should make like those new dual lands and grow a pair, Maro

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
yeah I was at one LGS the other day joking about how Modern no longer challenged me because I'd figured out the format and the answer is "Merfolk" lmbo guess I was right

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

Looks like there was a run on the Adarkar Wastes market overnight. I can't wait for Eldrazi to be banned out of existence.

HAIL SATAN

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Rogue0071 posted:

Izzet Eldrazi Again? would be a pretty good name.

Legacy :cmon:

okay, only good format if you're not bourgeoisie scum or just really bad with money

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
one day, MODO will not completely poo poo the bed whenever you try and target a 0-cmc permanent with, like, Repeal, while an effect is reducing the cost of Repeal

just kidding, they probably literally can't because of how their lovely game works

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, another fun bug: Overabundance won't add colorless mana because there is no symbol in the prompt box to "add", which also prevents you from using the land itself for mana because you can't make a selection or do anything but undo. I've... I've had enough MODO today

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
well, I guess it was too much to ask for both game stores in my city to be Eldrazi-free. the usual store I fleece for wins saw me in second to Thought-Knot Seer (which is what's written on the weekly standings board, because they know who they are)

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah ok, lots of sympathy there brah.

I don't want your sympathy you peasant :arnie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Won at least one game each round today in draft with Inverter of Truth. It's so loving cool when you push aside your deck and go "I am beating you with the 3 cards in my graveyard" (though to be fair one of those cards was usually Reality Smasher, my god the value)

• Locked thread