Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

News flash!
Highlights:
  • Modders who aren't Wilko are getting face-to-face meetings

God drat it overkill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

For deathwish I think you should at least heavily consider pistol messiah basic.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I still think my idea for death wish was better: overkill with no outlines, higher cop damage, and a .65x multiplier on ammo pickups.

Also the skulldozer would be the pd1 dozer with a skeleton mask

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Well if the drills did anything they made the dlcs much better. it's seven bones now for the character pack plus the two heists where before it'd probably be seven for each plus five for the character. :shrug:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I like Bodhi's mask but if it was a reagan mask with clown paint haphazardly slapped over it it would be the best mask in the entire game hands down

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Jiro bids a farewell to arms

swims posted:

On white xmas I saw a guy send the bags by zip line. I can't figure out how to do it. I'm on console and tried every button combo I can think of. Is there some kind of prompt?

unless they changed it you can't, he's cheating.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

If you guys would like more variety in your airplane heisting, please read and consider posting your support on the suggestion thread I just made on the steam forums. It's not fake difficulty, I swear!

My requests, in a nutshell, in order of ease of implementation:

1. Add a lootable cash register to the diner.
2. Add ATMs.
3. Loose cash bundles spread around the map.
4. Playable jukebox- using the jukebox in Marlene's diner could cause it to play a song by Smokey Bennett & the Hoops, Miles Malone or Pat Briscoe.
5. Bagged, airdroppable loot in the plane cargo container- presumably up to four bags of gold or weapons, which players would then have to carry out of the heist. They'd have to do a lot to make this work, like make dropping bags out the cargo door work, and let you carry bags on the boat.

For 5 why not just have it hit the map in random spots, you find it and attach it to one of the pallets?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Geight posted:

Locked behind finding it once, yeah. Does it have a low spawnrate or something?

it's like sub 1%

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Geight posted:

Does the new heist go into perma assault like White XMas does?

Nope.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mega kawaii better have some sugoi-rear end sparkles coming off of it almir!!!!!!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

edit: New page, gently caress the previous one!

Boy, is it just me, or is Sociopath going to be godly, right behind Muscle, once that whole perk deck rebalance hits?

quote:

Hi everyone, OVERKILL_Jules here, Game Designer at OVERKILL. In this thread I’ll be talking about further balancing for the Perk Decks. I will present the different changes that we're planning to do and update them based on your feedback and suggestions. After a while we will release a Beta with the planned changes we’ve gathered in this thread. We will open other threads as we go to discuss other game changes. In this thread we will only discuss the Perk Deck Balance. All these threads will be marked as DevTalk.
Here is our proposed changes for the first update to the weapon balance pass:
Crew Chief : Move the health bonus from the Brute Strength to the Wolf Pack perk. Wolf Pack then gives a 10% health bonus to the player and still 10% health bonus to the crew. Brute Strength gives a 16% damage reduction while the Crew Chief player is the player with the lowest amount of health.
Muscle : Reduce health regeneration from 4% to 3.5%. Disturbing the Peace panic effect is triggered by all weapon.
Edit : Forgot to add the promised changes to the "Disturbing the Peace" perk.
Armorer : Reinforced armor gains a skill which makes the Armorer immune to health damage for 1 second (30 second cooldown) after the armor breaks.
Hitman : Armor reduction removed on all perks. Move the Akimbo relevant benefits from the Tooth and Claw perk to the Ambidexterity perk.
Replaced the stability penalty on the Ambidexterity perk with the stability penalty from the Tooth and Claw perk.
The ammo capacity increase on Akimbo from the Tooth and Claw perk is moved to Ambidexterity perk. The Tooth and Claw perk now gives the old armor recovery rate of 10% with the old 5% total armor penalty , but in addition it gains the ability to after 6 seconds of the armor being broken the armor will recover no matter what. So if the Hitman gets shot at during 5 seconds the armor will still regenerate at the 6 second mark.
(Edited : Removed 5% armor penalty from Tooth and Claw perk. Mistake from older version.)
Crook : Not specifically tied to Crook but to improve the viability of the Crook Perk Deck we increase the concealment value on all Ballistic Vests by 4. So for example the difference between Suit and Lightweight is basically the amount of dodge you gain.
Burglar : A Breath of Fresh Air get an additional benefit with crouching speed increased by 5%.
Sociopath : All perk deck effect have a 1 second cooldown instead of 2.
Gambler : When you’re lower health than the players you would heal, you heal only yourself for more health instead.
Yakuza : All Perk Deck benefits are split up over all perks in the Yakuza deck. The Perk Deck benefits start at 50% instead of 25% and at Oni Irezumi they start at 100% instead of 50%. In addition, from 0% to 50% health you can a small health regeneration bonus. Between 0%-25% it regenerates faster than between 25%-50%.
Let us know what you think. Looking forward to hear you guys feedback!

https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/3rmz3e/devtalk_perk_deck_balance_discussion_with/

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 13, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

its a tie between mosconi and minigun for "best gun"

the deagle is a strong contender, mind

Baby deagle supremacy

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's kinda hosed up but I feel like an educational game about this would be pretty good

this isn't that game tho

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Tempest, you're describing the intended design scenario- the WTF moments, endurance, and tension of being divided between multiple locations is what high end players can find fun without getting instakilled by an FBI agent like on DW. That includes "a coordinated team can get around this restriction"- that's a part of the design goal. I'm giving the thread the game that payday 2 players want, need, and deserve.

cloakers exist. tasers exist. The game is DESIGNED to PUNISH players who split apart from the group and your stupid fanfiction forces people to do this

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tulip posted:

lol there's a negative accuracy boost for the steakout

almir hates shotguns and people who like using them

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

8. Surprise! One of the vault cutters will cause a Dozer to fall out of the vault when it's removed.

Just have him come through the door by the parking meter, having him be sitting in that vault doesn't make any sense unless a skeleton in a dozer outfit collapses into the room and continues to be dead because he suffocated to death.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

2016 better be the return of The Elephant with a mission to kill Not Trump so the Elephant can become President. He didn't come all this way just for some old rich racist to steal his work and power from him, and with his unfortunate demise, he'll become the perfect martyr for the Right Candidate to ascend to the White House.

I enjoyed the elephant missions and I'd like to see him come back.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Like any Elephant Job it can be completed through stealth and going loud. Stealth involves quietly killing Not Trump via making him get a little too tipsy like the the VIP in Golden Grin until he makes his way up to his private room so he can be given a slight push over the railing to make his death look like an unfortunate accident. Giving him the right heavy drinks and not disturbing the party is the key to ghosting the event. However, going loud not only involves a heavy assault to take Crumb hostage and escape with him intact, it adds an extra day to the mix where you make sure Crumb dies in a failed rescue attempt by the Payday Task Force. Killing him anytime during the hack of his personal several billion dollar account is all it takes to allow the job to be successful, but there is an achievement to make sure that Captain Winters himself is the one who kills him. It'll add an extra ending voice over to play where the Elephant is laughing as he watches the news blaming every part of the current administration for Crumb's tragic death.

I like this. It sounds fun, and loud sounds extra fun.

I had thought of a loud elephant heist that centered around how great American Media is where the elephant/a friend gets caught loving someone/embezzling and you have to flood the news until the weekend hits and the scandal can be swept under the rug.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Look, I'd love a payday 2 dating sim. Who here wouldn't? But Huniepop, the 5 minutes of it that I played, was among other things extremely racist and had a patch that added sex. I don't want either of those in my Crime Dating Sim.

Uh the sex was always there idiot maybe be better at popping hunnies and u'd know this

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

poo poo 4 things goddamn it

You might as well be vox now

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Screech just sounds like a song out of Sonic Spinball, it weirds me out.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

widespread posted:

So how bad are the skins this time around? I wanna know what I might get into before getting the goat.

They're all actually really good. Lots of base matte white / brown / black / gold.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

But I can actually hear and respect smoker Dallas. And it even sounds like a different person instead of a grown rear end man trying desperately to sound like an angry grown up that is apparently supposed to scare all the bad men talking about bears and rabbits.

Much like Batman Dallas is the real voice, and Jake Steel or whatever his hilarious alias is is the fake one.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

http://overkillsoftware.com/games/wolfpack

The return of a classic.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Payday 2: Robbery at a local jewelry store. No survivors.

This is a great thread title.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Again, the proposed change would effect all explosive damage to the specified enemies, not just the RPG. The RPG is just the main reason the change needs to take place.

The RPG is acceptably balanced. You are wrong.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

train heist is fine? at's have too low payout and too much skill investment to make me want to play them over literally any other heist

I still think they're fun. :colbert:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I got excited when I saw the words "map editor" but then it turns out they were deconfirming it :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've posted my idea for Deathwish in the thread but it's basically L4D's Realism mode: no outlines, ammo pickup reduced to .8x, cops do bonus damage to health. Overkill stuff with skulldozers and elites mixed in.

John Murdoch posted:

If Fugitive gets all the pistol stuff, then I wonder what that leaves Ghost with. More silencer skills? A proper set of SMG skills? Though I suppose I'm just blindly assuming that they're going to give every class a fully fleshed-out weapon tree.

I would assume SMGs, but...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's about loving time we got another Elephant heist!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wow those enforcer trees are loving terrible

Does this mean they're going to buff shotguns again now that you're forced to spend so many points to make them good?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bullets staggering shields is bad though? Like, impossibly bad, because you should never do it. Ever.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Geight posted:

Why is bullets stumbling shields bad?

Because if you're shooting the shield you're wasting your time, because it could just be Dead. You have a ton of ways to deal with shields that don't involve wasting ammo on it for a chance to proc a stumble.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm agnostic on it. It depends on how it functions in action, particularly what animation it uses.

I'm assuming it will continue to use the current stumble animations, which loving suck and make the shield really hard to kill.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The old stuff has been great, it's nice to have big heists to play again.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/hardcorehenry-heists/

>stealth only

Ugh gently caress, now I gotta ask Vox to help me do the deathwish version

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can see using an ECM crashes the drones, which alerts nearby guards; that seems like a great way to make them useless and it's in keeping with Overkill's, er, "design philosophy".

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

payday 2: сука блять

It's perfect...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

A scientist inspired by the virtual-reality sex scene in Demolition Man made his own attempt at building a device where no physical contact would actually be needed when performing intercourse. The experiment was an utter failure but a few of the prototypes still exist.

Lmfao, my goodness.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Are they seriously giving us ANOTHER deagle?

Yeah it looks like it's a free baby deag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Good news, the Payday 2 Steam discussion forums might become worth reading soon!

I can't believe they're openly hiring neonazis now, that's hosed up
e;fb