Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I just remembered... maybe a year or so ago, the thread was musing about how the Payday 2 community was so bad and entitled and how other game communities would have done anything for as much support as Payday 2 got.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Drewjitsu posted:

Current op as gently caress perk decks:
Muscle (techforcer, but any build with ICTV really)

Can you explain why Muscle is better than Armorer?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Well, I guess I know what deck I'm filling up next. Thanks.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

I know it's my fault for facestoving but how do pubs who are infamied fail to do the computer part of Hotline Miami wrong... twice?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

watho posted:

More jobs need a branching day 2.

This. The problem might be that it's a tough sell to the higher ups to make multiple levels for one heist instead of making multiple heists.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Added a 20% chance of getting a cable tie when picking up an ammo box :psyduck:

Do we know if this in lieu of ammo, or in addition too?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Crabtree posted:

I got one more question regarding the Biker character. Payday 2 thread, who do think it will be? Biker from Hotline, Francis from Left 4 Dead, Norman Reedus as himself or as some Walking Dead tie in or someone else?

Is there a game possibly being announced or showcased at E3 that features a biker?

e: Dallas talking about assuring the biker's loyalty (and the Starbreeze tie in, obv) makes me think Walking Dead. Now, I haven't seen it, but I know it features betrayal and ruthlessness and so on, which means the character needs some reason to not gently caress over the Payday team. Hell, maybe it's Michael Rooker? He'd probably do it.

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 30, 2016

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

With this new skills system, is there no more 'buy in'? Like, it seems like I can freely put points in as I like and pull them out later?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Hot tip: Bring a DMR'd AK 7.62 when you use sentries. Set your rifle up so that you've got a 60 round mag (of 63 total rounds). Your first turret will cost you 2 bullets to deploy, while your second will cost 1 bullet. Run over an ammo bag and then set up your other two. Repeat.

Bring a secondary you like using. Or don't. You could just use a melee weapon, I guess.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's DMR mean in this context?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Ah. I am trying to bring a friend back into the fold, and turrets are his favorite (he used them when they were very bad) but he doesn't have that pack.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Geight posted:

From what I've seen of Payday 1, there used to be a lot more back & forth between Bain and the crew. Wish that had carried over, but I think for awhile they were really dedicated to the "evil mastermind" version of Bain that the web series was pushing.

I think as the game got sillier, that made less and less sense.

"Yes, steal those nukes, stuff them into a goat, then drop them by parachute right into an enormous christmas present filled with cocaine. Exactly as planned."

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

The benefit for infamy is now just one additional skill point for infamy I through V, right? I've been 100 forever now, but I don't think I want to infamy if it's going to be such a small benefit.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

You think they'd know better after not being able to get the butcher / the dentist back for lines

They probably work it in where they do stuff like "Hey, you!" so they can spackle over new characters as they arrive.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Crabtree posted:

IT REALLY IS RON PEARLMAN.

Holy poo poo I thought this would be too much to hope for.

Think maybe the mask has devil horns as a reference to Hellboy?

e: And it doesn't seem to be a cross-promotion?

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 13, 2016

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Can someone explain Body Expertise to me? I think it basically means that every hit is a headshot but with only a percentage of the bonus damage?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

All the characters I have (which is to say all the ones that are free) look better, insofar as being higher-rez, but I kinda miss Houston looking like a dork.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Delacroix posted:

All things fair, armour buffs can't compete with the health regen decks. Getting hostage taker or a teammate with gambler or first aid kits would do wonders for survivability, the foremost option has never been easier to pick up thanks to the new skill trees.

If I normally do Iron Man builds, and am considering getting the Sydney Pack (or maybe a different one) during the next sale, what's better: Muscle, Anarchist, or something else?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

I grabbed Butcher's and AK/CAR with my filthy steam card money. Even managed to do a few of the cheevos with rando pubs somehow. Not 100% sold on using a CAR instead of my KSP, but we'll see.

That China Puff grenade launcher's pretty legit, though. They should just make the GL40 a secondary at this point, because I'm pretty sure this thing is better in every way that matters.

Unrelated question: Is there a limit or diminishing returns on threat? I just equipped the Muscle deck and I've been enjoying watching cops dive for cover.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Ugh, that's moderately disappointing. Thanks.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Which one of you was complaining about this?

Update 103 Patch Notes posted:

*The base game, GOTY, Weapon- and Heist Bundle and all 33 DLC are 75% off except The Biker Heist, Biker Character Pack, The OVERKILL B-Sides Soundtrack and A Merry Payday Christmas Soundtrack. The reason the first two are not on sale is because we just released them and it would be unfair for players who supported us by purchasing it on day one to reduce their price point so close to launch. The last two are not on sale because they cost less than a dollar each to start with. Steam has a cap on how cheap something can be, and we decided that the original price was sufficiently rebated as-is. Thank you for your understanding and sorry for any grievances our wording might have caused you.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

I don't understand acing Confident without taking anything above it or Joker.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Have the dozer drop in my vaulting while doing parallel bar gymnastics or something.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Every day is the purge when you're in the Payday gang.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Maybe for the DVD release.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Coolguye posted:

you will pry my uncomplicated Muscle/ICTV build from my shredded, explosion-rattled hands

Afraid of Audio posted:

anarchist for life, long live anarchist

I tried Anarchist for a while with my ICTV, and I think I'm just going back to Muscle. I get shredded by Snipers and Black Dozers when I used to be basically invincible.

On the other hand, I have played with Crook for a akimbo silenced pistol build, and it's kinda nice to not feel like you have to constantly sprint.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

If creators want to create skins for free for practice or fun or glory or any other concept that fails to keep their refrigerator full, that is their own business.
If creators want to tell Overkill to go gently caress a parking meter and explain that labor is normally compensated with currency, that's also their own business.

Both ideas can live in harmony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Look, ramblers: a worthless thermal drill of broke and dick, squealing and clanking as you get tazed. An imperfect, mortal machine. Go get it.