Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
I'm sure I've just heard Almir confirm that the reason they gave those 7 DLCs away was because you may get a skin that has a weapon from the COP safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lady Naga posted:

Health is a much more important resource than armour, especially on Deathwish where even ICTVs will be nullified in 3-4 shots anyway.

Having two regenerating resources is more important than one.

:shittypop:

I didn't know you were capable of not shitposting.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wintermutant posted:

That's an odd way of spelling Evil Eye

That's an odd way of spelling Dote Up a Cat.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

BillmasterCozb posted:

That's an odd way of spelling Burning Sunset

brutal

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
GOAT SIM HEIST WHAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaOZTs8QgQE

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
The new heist is great.

https://gfycat.com/SparseFixedBeagle

averox fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 15, 2016

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you're having trouble with the goat tossing achievement, try disabling your mods. I did it numerous times but the achievement didn't pop until I disabled them.

Maybe the bag outlines mod was affecting it?

Hmm I wonder if that's it. I need to go back and test this. I was entirely unable to get the achievement.

edit: :siren: Bag Contour mod keeps you from getting the BAAaa...*BANG*...aaAAH achievement :siren:

averox fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 15, 2016

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's me. I run a bunch of mods with no problem.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dr Cheeto posted:

Ooh, Finale-senpai :sparkles:

:swoon:

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
WE GOTTA BUG THE gently caress OUT!

http://i.imgur.com/ssm2VN6.gifv

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
All this anime is making me :dong:

http://i.imgur.com/taTsA15.gifv

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
They think they know what it is and it might be something related to marking and level of detail. More specifically when they cross the boundary where LOD changes.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dr Cheeto posted:

So you can gnash your teeth when you're about to set out on a "Only Santa Brings Gifts" run and you just automatically buy them.

I'm that guy that goes "Ohh... uhh..." right after someone says don't buy any assets.

AT heists are fun on DW. I did originally dislike them on any difficulty because for the effort required it was a pretty lovely payout. The game has changed a ton since then and the AT heists have aged well with it. Still bad payouts but as others here have mentioned it's one of the few heists you can gear up for and just bang it out. It has little cover but just enough to possibly duck out of combat for a slight moment. At the same time it isn't overly difficult that you are unable to do them. Well, if you bring a saw at least.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
I recall playing with a few guys who were like "Why don't they just disable spotting?" if that really is what is causing the crashing problems. Well:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/807636489329851774

quote:

Heisters,

First of all, thank you everyone for your patience these past two weeks. We're sorry we haven't been able to fix this crash issue yet. We're working on getting it fixed every day. We've heard a lot of support from you while we're trying to get it done and it means a lot us. Thank you for that.

We have a temporary fix in so you can play the game without crashing.

While our programmers are working on the crash fix, some of our artists have made some new weapon skins. We're launching a free safe + drill that you get by completing a new achievement.

Hotfix 94.2 changelog
    Update size: 834,4 MB

• Added a temporary fix to stop people from crashing because of outlines/LOD
  • Added a new safe and drill that is unlocked for free via an achievement
  • Added a new achievement
  • Temporarily reduced all special enemy health by 15%

quote:

for every microtransaction you add i will add another year delay to coming back to this game

maybe should not have added microtransactions KARMA IS A BITCH

this would have been a bigger deal if you didn't kill off the entire playerbase

Nobody cares, go and make more loving money-sucking DLC with goats

It pleases me that Almir reads this and knows how much people hate what his game has become. Money is temporary, but his legacy as a Jew will last through out his career and life.
lol

At least this guy is honest:

quote:

Overkill just act dumb, in other words you hosed up a little... But i am going to play the game anyways, because i don't have anything to do...

averox fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 27, 2016

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm 99% sure I did a DW transport (Crossroads, maybe?) with Samarix to get an achievement for two other goons. I'm pretty sure we didn't bring a saw or C4. It was... an experience. I'd probably do it again, though.

Man I remember when I got to drag some goons along for DW ATs before the rebalances. I brought a saw and a loco because I was the saw guy. God drat those were some butt clenching times.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
I am upset you sully the name of Big Oil.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Edmond Dantes posted:

What the gently caress.

Apparently in order to apply a 843 mb patch, it downloaded the whole loving game again. I had to uninstall some games to make space for it to finish since it was actually stuck because it didn't have enough drive space.

I don't know whether I should be angry at Overkill or at Steam for this one. :argh:

Be mad at Overkill. You aren't downloading the whole game again but it is unpacking those .bundle files and then repacking them with the updated files. It's why this game takes forever to patch and why your patch stopped at say 2xxMB / 843.4MB. I have the game on an SSD myself and it still took 27 minutes to patch.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Overkill posted:

PAYDAY 2: Hotfix 94.3 - Crash fixed, COP news and more!
posted by OVERKILL_Almir @ 02:57PM on February 04, 2016
Heisters,

After a lot of hard work, we believe we've managed to fix the crash that has been bothering you all for the past few weeks. Thanks again for your incredible patience while we've been dealing with this nasty crash.

We also have some news regarding the Completely OVERKILL Pack masks that we've been discussing. Check out the video below to find out more.

PC Heister Status Update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeR4tQ_xHYs

Two new Horror-themed masks
Celebrating our Canadian friends at Behaviour launching their website for their game Dead by Daylight, you can get two horror-themed masks for free in PAYDAY 2 by joining the Dead by Daylight community on Steam. Link is here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/381210

We're excited about Dead by Daylight because it's a mature co-op horror game. Want to learn more about the game? Check out https://www.deadbydaylight.com or the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9FMwsbsQek

Here's the changelog for today's update.

Hotfix 94.3 changelog
Update size: 46 MB
  • Fixed an issue on day 1 of the Goat Simulator heist where players could fall through the world
  • Found a more permanent solution for our LOD crash which will hopefully resolve the issue
    You can now mark enemies again
  • Reverted the health adjustment to special enemies. Special enemies now have their original total health
  • Added two new masks to the game: "Unborn" and "Devourer". Players can obtain the two masks by joining the Dead By Daylight's official Steam Community Group
Thanks!

Almir
OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.

averox fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 4, 2016

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I had never seen that happen ever.

So much amen break in that drum and bass :allears:

Also with Undercover finally coming to Payday 2 it'll be the first time I'll ever have beaten it.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

because it means I'm not packing the RPG

Meanwhile Sykic ain't care

https://gfycat.com/HomelyFoolhardyChamois

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4_XlLzTG8

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

:suicide: thanks overkill.

Look it at this guy ain't an Almir $lave.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Afraid of Audio posted:

just SAM it if that happens, honestly

Do this. No one is going to judge you for the game bugging out and not giving you credit for an achievement. Especially an endurance one. I don't think anyone is a huge fan of endurance achievements here.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

watho posted:

lmao if you don't completely maximize the payout of every heist despite being XXV-100 and having several trillions in spending cash.

Ain't this the truth.

It's like, we could leave now buuuuut...

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

:kheldragar:

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
They had changed something about it and I think you need to maybe do it on Overkill to get all five civilians? I remember trying to get some friends the chievo and it just wasn't happening. We could never find all five playing on normal or hard. We even went to suit builds and covered as much ground as we could including the log bridge to the lumberjack.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

Cripes, LGL... :facepalm:.

I just...

I can't even...

:psypop:

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Death Rox

Everything is loud and on DW

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Cheshire Cat. I'm not going to tell you that you're playing the game wrong but you're playing the game wrong.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
I get the feeling Cheeto just reads the long guide to audiences and refers to it as the holy scripture.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
New trailer time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZPM3kkxkIE

It's just the poo poo console players haven't gotten yet.
Not sure whether to :laugh: or :cry:

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
You know, I'd totally be down for a classic mode. Old rules, no perk decks, game as stupidly difficult as it was when DW came out. I still have pants making GBS threads memories of that.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

swims posted:

Something I am looking forward to is separating the train from transports. I honestly have always liked transports but my build doesn't work as well on train. I guess if console had the build swap between rounds I wouldn't care, because I actually like train but only if I am not c4/ saw guy from day 1.

When the change happens that means train docs are removed from armored cars, right?

At first I was thinking "What? The train heist is already sepera-ooooooooooooooooooh."

I can't remember if the documents are still there or not. If they are still there then the good news is that it doesn't extend the heist with having to do the Train.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Seeing all these hat codes get posted while I'm at work made me sad that I couldn't even attempt to try for one.

Then I came home and Metalocalypse saved a hat for me that PD2 official moderator Ashley dropped off for some PD2 goon chatters :unsmith:

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Did you know that Steam will lock you out from trying to activate codes if you activate too good codes? 2600+ Steam game problems.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's basically Steam telling you that you have tried redeeming too many keys and you're on timeout for trying to redeem any more. Even if they're legit keys that you're redeeming and not duplicates or already used keys.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
A bloo bloo bloo bloo
A bloo bloo bloo bloo bloo bloo
A bloo bloo bloo bloo

:qqsay:

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I don't want or care about a hat code

averox posted:

A bloo bloo bloo bloo
A bloo bloo bloo bloo bloo bloo
A bloo bloo bloo bloo

:qqsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
It certainly shows how petty the community of this game is at large. People are loving mad that they can't get a hat for this game.