Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Modus Man posted:

I am always thankful that I work for a 2 person company. I would lose my job in a corporate environment because i wouldn't be able to refrain from responding to that email with a copy of the original email.

My wife runs a non profit with 3 employees that does program evaluation among other things. They always get this poo poo. My wife told the employees not to do it but to let her know so she could forward the original email with a short message. My favorite story is when the research director answered a bunch of questions for someone in an email that was shared with everyone in the project and a couple of the questions were asked again around 5 or 6 times by the original asker's boss with my wife forwarding the original answers every time without comment. Fun hearing my wife on conference calls do the same thing, "if you check the email dated whatever, I've answered that question and no, it isn't feasible".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Portland Timbers just won the MLS cup. 2015 is wrapping up nicely.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

The Locator posted:

Ooh! I little sail boat!

It's a schooner.

I said lets get poinsettias and the wife informed me they were poisonous to cats and I responded with: exactly!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

blindjoe posted:

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/poinsettia.asp

Turns they aren't poisonous.
Just don't eat the whole plant, which should be a rule of thumb for anything decorative.

Stop ruining my plans to poison the cats, Mr. Blind Joe, if that's even your real name!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

I think I have a problem.

I'm seriously trying to justify 20k on a god drat motorcycle.

I could literally buy a used car AND bike AND get the GTI done for less than that.

But oh god so sexy.

Edit: also LSx everything.

Is the bike a super duke? Then you know the answer.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed with 5 guys? Maybe I need to try it again.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Geoj posted:

Same.

It's not that they're bad, I just find their offerings to be utterly unremarkable in every way. There's nothing they do that you couldn't accomplish at home with some ground beef and a frying pan or griddle.

Yeah, I'm not trying to compare it to a homemade burger. That's... Just not fair to Five Guys or anyone else that isn't a serious gourmet burger maker.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

2015 has averaged out for me. Good things and bad things.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Eh, there isn't a good stereotypical look. When I was growing up, one of my dad's best friends was a gay dude. Worked in the rail yard, drove muscle cars, had a Harley (well...some stereotypes are true I guess) and basically no one except my dad knew.

Then again, he's from a different generation. When my parents first met him (late 60s) he dated women just to cover it.

Now he's married to the same guy he lived with when I was a kid 20 years ago.

Same here. Most of my parents friends that were gay guys were no different and sometimes did way manliest poo poo than the straight dudes. Lumberjacks and saw mill workers, firefighters, all that rural Oregon stuff. It wasn't until I moved to the Palm Springs area that I met any of the stereotypical gay guys with lisps and the hand gestures. Now I ride a Harley with a bunch of lesbians. It's fun. Going to ride with them next year at the pride parade instead of walk.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Nodoze posted:

it has been hours since the last one

He is wishing he could say the same.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

A guy in my psych of family and marriage class just got up unannounced, set up speakers connected to his phone, and played some music and rapped over it.

This is just before we take the final.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

meatpimp posted:

Was he any good?

Meh, it was too Jesusy for my taste. The music also was pretty bland. I was also trying not to laugh the whole time.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Rented a car to drive up to Oregon for Christmas. ODOT has chains required signs up for the pass on I5, and I am not sure what I should do. Spend the extra hours on Tuesday driving up the coast from Sacramento? Buy chains somewhere and return them when I come back down because I probably won't use them? Thought about Les Schwab and their returns but apparently you can only return them in April according to many angry reviews online and the closest to me is in Bakersfield, a town I will be avoiding. Walmart? Costco? I'm driving up I5 from Sac but 99 up to Sacramento. Unless I take the coast from Sacramento...

So, any suggestions for a place I can buy chains and return them if need be 11 days later?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

LloydDobler posted:

Basic chains are only $30-$40, no? I'd hit a Walmart for the cheapest option. They should take the return as well.

Oh, and if you do have to use them, do yourself a favor and just take the whole wheel off to install. You'll end up saving half an hour or so. Doing it on the car is such a mess and most of the time they don't stay. And if they come off while driving they flail all the paint off the quarter panel. Not good for a rental.

I figured Walmart would be easiest. However I think we will just do the coast instead.

Negromancer posted:

Drive up the coast. Much more interesting and scenic drive and does not add that much more time to the trip. Especially if you have never driven up the California/Oregon/Washington coasts before. Some of the most beautiful scenery in the country along that stretch.

I did the same thing to avoid the snow when I bought my old mr2 in San Jose and drove it home to Seattle. Took 2 days to get to Seattle, and that included not leaving SF till ~1 in the afternoon and then stopping to visit some friends in Portland, and still made it home before 8pm.

We have done the coast many many times (and my father in law and other members of my wife's family have worked as forest rangers up and down the coast and they like to point out which bathrooms they built) and it is indeed beautiful. We were just hoping to do it faster. However, combine driving with chains on and having to put them on and take them off, I think it will probably even out in the end. We've decided to do the coast just to avoid the whole headache. Gonna be a long drive in the wet tomorrow but I'll be happy to see the folks and work on an old tractor with dad.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Made it to Sheridan OR without any issues. Drinking good beer and smoking weed with the family. Happy holidays everyone!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

LloydDobler posted:

You talking about The Ace, played by Jon Iles? He doesn't have a pic on imdb but if you GIS him that's the guy who hangs off her door and relays the instructions to the rest of the guys.

Your family's in Sheridan? I'll be driving right past you next week, I grew up in Newberg and dated girls in McMinnville but never descended into Sheridan! That's almost as bad as hanging out in Amity! hehe.

Make sure to use Trip Check. 22 might still be closed due to giant boulder falling on road. 18 could get a bunch of snow tonight. Newberg... I actually grew up outside of Gaston and my wife is from the area as well. Parents literally bought the farm a couple years ago and have made it way more difficult to do Christmas at both homes on the same day. If you can, avoid Sheridan. It is nothing special. Willamina is way nicer and has that rural Oregon charm without the visible confederate flags in the Windows. If you like good beer go see our friends at The Bitter Monk in McMinnville. You still live in the area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

Your other option is to stop abusing substances and see a therapist about self destructive tendencies that currently will make you unable to get a job

Interesting. Could you refer someone? Who are you seeing now and what are their rates?

• Locked thread